5 Day Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 1,329
- +19 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Visit the medieval pool of Reykholt
- Walk around the small fishing village of Arnarstapi
- Explore Thingvallavatn, the largest natural lake in Iceland
- Hike the Vatnajökull glacier
- Age range
- 10 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- GGemaWritten on May 17, 20184.0 - GoodIt was awesome all the places we saw there, the only inconvenience is that, as this is a separate tour divided between 2+3 days, some of the people I got to know in the first tour were located in a different group for the second tour and that was very sad, I think we should have stayed together, and also in the night 3 (the one in Reikiavik) every person was staying in a different hotel and that was sad as well. But the guides were awesome and they were telling stories about everything all the time and also the accommodation was really nice! specially the hotel for the first day “Hotel Rjukandi” the food there was awesome as well as the people working there!Show detailed ratings
- JGJaneWritten on April 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentFirst of all our guides “Hawk” for two days and Oliver for three days were excellent. Both speak good and understandable English. Very helpful and mostly knowledgeable. They took us to some interesting points not included in the tour when time permits. Oliver is funny and also dine with us and continue sharing facts, history, and folklore about Iceland. Easily answers your questions. Both guides are satisfactory and polite. Me and my sister are happy tourist and would definitely recommends this tour. BTW our guide also for glacier hikes and the superjeep ice cave tour were excellent and very very funny especially the cave tour. We never stopped laughing. He made the super bumpy tour along the lava fields laughable and enjoyable. Thank you very much. From Jane and Daisy from the USA.Show detailed ratings
- NFNormanWritten on April 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was great. We saw a lot of amazing places and met interesting people.Show detailed ratings
- JCJohnWritten on April 5, 20184.5 - Excellententhusiasm of the quidesShow detailed ratings
- MichelleWritten on March 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentEverything was just fantastic! Key of which was the great guides we had from Arctic Adventures who provided an excellent tour and even gave us more great scenic quick stops to visit that are not included in the itinerary! Additionally, Oliver was very helpful in getting us awesome photographs of the Northern Lights as our mobile apps were not able to capture them. They made our first impression of travelling to Iceland an unforgettable experience!Show detailed ratings
- MarkWritten on March 12, 20183.5 - GoodThe trip was fantastic but disappointed that we couldn’t do the glacier hike as had to be canceled at last minute due to gale force winds ..Show detailed ratings
- HSHelenWritten on February 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentTwo different tours with seperate guides. Both tours were well organised and the guides did everything possible to make the trip great. The accommodation was better than expected. Definently worth the price paid for the tour.Show detailed ratings
- SSSimonWritten on January 18, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe trip was beyond expectation. Iceland is a very beautifull country. Our guides were superb as well as the accommodation. The bus was a little bit small. We are tall and didn't have much legspace.Show detailed ratings
- SjaunWritten on January 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentAn amazing tour from start to finish. Both guides were utterly amazing and their driving skills despite difficult and sometimes blizzard conditions (literally a wall of white on the road in front of us) was second-to-none. Also, their quirky and funny stories between each location and historical information was superb. Especially the one story by Aron about him and his friend (very funny but can't mention it here!). We even got to see the Northern Lights twice and Aron came up with Fantastic tips on taking pics with selfies etc. Whilst our first guide had some trouble with luggage which forced him to get a trailer and then get an adapter which wasted valuable time and forced us to miss 1 stop on the tour (we had forewarned the operations team about the luggage we had so we are not sure why they did not plan for this for 18 people in a minivan!), Aron made up for this by giving us quite a few bonus stops on our 3 day tour. Seriously, Arctic Adventure you need to give him a raise for this, he was amazing. Again, the only other issue we had was due to operations again booking us into the Hotel Dyrholaey near Vik. A truly horrible hotel experience and by far the most expensive and ridiculously priced buffet 5000ISK for the worst meal we had in Iceland. There breakfast was worst with my wife vomiting afterwards from it. The hotel was also very old, dilapidated with the shower falling apart and beds were soft and sunken in. The manager/owner was also very, very rude and did not care about the feedback responding "you already paid so there is nothing I can do"! Every other hotel was amazing and especially Hotel Rjukandi.com, who had the cutest family who hosted us for Christmas eve (Iceland celebrates the eve like Xmas day!). They presented us with cute Xmas gifts and were by far much cheaper for food and drink and the hotel rooms immaculate with over head heating in a recently refurbished hotel which looked brand new. Please Arctic Adventures always use this family as they clearly pour their heart and soul into the hotel and value guests. And the location for Northern Lights was amazing too with no mountains or lights to block the views (though it was cloudy at the time). All in all, it was an amazing and unforgettable trip, except for the issues we had on the Hotel Dyrholaey (please never use them again!).Show detailed ratings
- LCLeanneWritten on December 18, 20174.0 - GoodThe first part of this tour was incredibly underwhelming. We spent an hour of daylight eating at expensive buffet as well as an hour looking at horses. I would rather have spent an extra day in Reykjavik exploring with a guide. The second part of this tour which included the Golden Circle was incredible we saw the Northern Lights, went caving, hiked on a glacier, saw a diamond and a lava beach and our guide Saga was amazing. I would only book the second part of this tour if doing it again. My fault though I should have research the tour more thoroughly.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: West Iceland
- Day 2: Snæfellsnes Peninsula
- Day 3: The Golden Circle
- Day 4: Ice Caving and Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Day 5: Glacier Walk and the South Shore
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland Adventure Tours
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 16, 2018
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
If you would prefer a private room on the tour, there is a single supplement available for an additional cost which you can select on the booking page after you have chosen the departure you are interested in.
However, if you do not mind sharing, you will share a room with another traveller of the same gender for no additional cost.
- May 16, 2018
Are there any optional activities?
The only optional activity is the Vatnshellir cave tour, the costs are as below:
Vatnshellir Cave Tour (Adults 18+) (ISK 3,250)
Vatnshellir Cave Tour (Youth 12-17) (ISK 1,000)
Please note the cost of the cave tour is subject to change.
- May 16, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of the tour after doing the Glacier Hike, you will return to Reykjavík between 20:00 and 23:00 depending on weather conditions where the tour will end.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
5 Day Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$55USD $1,329Based on Shared Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Arctic Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $1,329 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1329 for 5 Day Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Arctic Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Arctic Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 63 km
- Deildartunguhver (Iceland)
- 6 km
- Reykholt (Iceland)
- 15 km
- Hraunfossar and Barnafoss Waterfalls (Iceland)
- 126 km
- Arnarstapi (Iceland)
- 14 km
- Djupalonssandur (Iceland)
- 36 km
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Iceland)
- 112 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,329 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights