5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights
- Tour Operator:
- Arctic Adventures
- Max group size:
- Physical rating:
- Age range:
- 8 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Kirkjufell Mountain
- Thingvellir National Park
- Vatnajokull National Park
- Capture the incredible Northern Lights on camera
- Stop at Deildartunguhver, a hot spring in Reykholtsdalur
- Explore the famous Golden Circle in Southern Iceland
- Hike one of the largest glaciers in Europe, the Vatnajokull
- Day 1 Snaefellsnes Peninsula - Arnarstapi, Kirkjufell, Djupalonssandur
- Day 2 West Iceland - Deildartunguhver, Reykholt, Hraunfossar
- Day 3 The Golden Circle & South Coast - Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir, Skogafoss, Reynisfjara
- Day 4 Ice Caving and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon - Vatnajokull, Skaftafell
- Day 5 Glacier Walk and the South Shore - Fjadrargljufur
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Arctic Adventures
Arctic Adventures is a leading Icelandic tour operator with over 30 years of experience servicing clients in adventure tours in Iceland. Our tour company offers a great selection of guided adventure tours in Iceland, including glacier tours, self-drive, group, incentive, mountain climbing, ice climbing, cross country skiing and more. We have a tour for people of all ages. If you or your travel group is looking for an adventure with environmental sustainability and your safety in mind, Arctic Adventures is a good choice as the tour operator for your next Iceland vacation.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Diana R.· March 16th, 2023Nice tour. Highly recommend it! One of the 5 days we had a very nice toyr guide, Sindri Gunnarsson! Was the best day of the tour. He explained to the group history of Iceland, fun facts, taught us a master class in finance and banking of Iceland, but... Show moreTrip date: March 2023
- MMargaret· November 29th, 2022This is a combination of 2 separate tours: 2d in Snaefelles & 3d Golden Circle Tour. The 3d tour was fun & full of natural wonders topped with the glacier hike of a regressing glacier. The 2d portion wasn’t that great. Thomas the guide was informative &... Show moreArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Margaret, Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your feedback. We are truly sad to hear northern lights did not match the expectations. We hope you still had a great time and we will have you back soon for more memorable adventures! Warm... Show moreTrip date: November 2022
- JHJoy· November 21st, 2022An amazing experience. I can’t say enough good things about the tour, and our guide, Karl. He made the best of the weather and changing situations. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants a once in a lifetime trip!Arctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Joy, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed the tour. A special thank you for mentioning and complimenting our amazing guide. We are sure Karl will be very happy to read your review. Looking forward to your next... Show moreTrip date: November 2022
- EWElliot· November 14th, 2022A fantastic experience, highly recommend it to anyone who is interested. A great mix of two very busy first days with lots of small stops at beautiful locations, then a very scenic three days with fewer stops but each for an extended duration with more... Show moreArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Elliot, Thank you for this wonderful review. We are very happy to know you had a great time. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the community. We can't wait for you to come back and have another great adventure! Warm wishes from... Show moreTrip date: October 2022
- KSKathrin· October 19th, 2022Tour was great, Iceland have some amazing scenery. The tour guide was good and gave some interesting facts about the area. Sadly I had to only give 4 stars, it states in the itinerary 5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights. I... Show moreArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Kathrin, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed the time spent with our amazing team in Iceland. We are looking forward to seeing you soon again for another great adventure! Your review means a lot to us and lets us... Show moreTrip date: October 2022
- Tarah· October 18th, 2022The activity I was most looking forward to--exploring the ice cave--did not happen. I assume this was due to weather, but the issue was never even raised. We saw a glacial moulin, which I feel like was being passed off in place of the cave experience.... Show moreArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Tarah, Thank you for this wonderful review. We are very happy to know you had a great time despite of slight changes in the itinerary. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the community. We can't wait for you to come back and have... Show moreTrip date: October 2022
- HFHolger· October 16th, 2022We did the 5 days (2+3) tour early October. Our guide was great and we had a really amazing time visiting all that great sites on Island. Great organization with many stops and good explanations.(5 Star) The bus as well as some hotels were more... Show moreArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Holger, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed the tour. A special thank you for mentioning and complimenting our amazing guide. We are sure they will be very happy to read your review. Looking forward to your next... Show moreTrip date: October 2022
- DMDarlene· April 10th, 2022our party wants to give Ditty a high five! Everyone had a fabulous time. The hikes were top of the line! Dining experience was fantastic. Lovely enchanting scenery! And !Ditty keep us safe! We did not see the lights which was a disappointment!... Show moreArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Darlene, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed the tour. A special thank you for mentioning and complimenting our amazing guide. We are sure Diddi will be very happy to read your review. Looking forward to your next... Show moreTrip date: March 2022
- PKPatricia· March 30th, 2022Tour was great and Marie and Ben were really great guides. My biggest problem was Covid. We wore masks during the tour and most of the group did not. My family got Covid. My husband is still there. I don’t know what happened with the others. If you’re... Show moreArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Patricia, Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to know you had a great time with us, enjoyed the tour and the guides. We are terribly sorry to hear you fell ill with COVID. Masks are no longer mandatory in Iceland... Show moreTrip date: March 2022
- Rachel· March 24th, 2022Sindri was a fantastic guide who filled the tour with interesting and exciting information and facts. The tour was a great length and provided plenty of time to explore. Couldn’t have asked for a better tourArctic Adventures commented on this reviewDear Rachel, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed the tour. A special thank you for mentioning and complimenting our amazing guide. We are sure Sindri will be very happy to read your review. Looking forward to your next... Show moreTrip date: February 2022
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday1 Oct, 2023Thursday5 Oct, 2023EnglishBased on Shared RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,390
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday2 Oct, 2023Friday6 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday3 Oct, 2023Saturday7 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday4 Oct, 2023Sunday8 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday5 Oct, 2023Monday9 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationFriday6 Oct, 2023Tuesday10 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday7 Oct, 2023Wednesday11 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday8 Oct, 2023Thursday12 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday9 Oct, 2023Friday13 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday10 Oct, 2023Saturday14 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,3900% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
- Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. Every endeavour will be made to ensure that travellers stand the best chance of a Northern Lights viewing.
That being said, Arctic Adventures have ensured that this tour is packed with plenty of other once in a lifetime experiences. You will have the opportunity to visit the Deildartunguhver hot spring, explore the Golden Circle, see the mighty Seljalandsfoss waterfall and take on a glacier hike.
- Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations used on this tour will be 3-star hotels with private bathrooms. We are unable to provide a set hotel list for this tour as all accommodations are subject to change.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
If you would prefer a private room on the tour, there is a single supplement available for an additional cost which you can select on the booking page after you have chosen the departure you are interested in.
However, if you do not mind sharing, you will share a room with another traveller of the same gender for no additional cost.
- When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of the tour after doing the Glacier Hike, you will return to Reykjavík between 20:00 and 23:00 depending on weather conditions where the tour will end.
- When and when does this tour start?
Pick up is from 09:00 from your hotel or a nearby meeting point in Reykjavík. This will be confirmed with Arctic Adventures once you have a confirmed booking.
- What is the age range of the passengers?
The passenger's ages on the tour range from a minimum of 10 years to 75+ years old which unfortunately means that infants and children under 10 years old are unable to join the tour.
- Do I need a visa?
As a tour booking website, TourRadar cannot organise visas for you on your behalf as the visa requirements are regularly being updated and vary for the nationality of one traveller to the next. It is for this reason that we recommend checking with your local embassy or consulate website for the latest up to date information.
- Are flights included?
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and you need to arrange these separately by yourself once your tour is guaranteed. As we specialise in organising the best tours around the world for you, we are unable to advise on flight prices or book flights on your behalf. If you have not already booked your flights we recommend checking out the following link which is powered by Skyscanner - https://flights.tourradar.com
- Can you arrange a pre/post accommodation on this tour?
Unfortunately, pre and post accommodation with Arctic Adventures is not available for this tour so you will need to contact the hotel directly to organise your accommodation.
Good to Know
- Iceland KronaIceland
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CIceland
- Type EIceland
- Type FIceland
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 14th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 14th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Arctic Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 35 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Arctic Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Arctic Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Arctic Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the Arctic Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Iceland
- Iceland Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- Best Explorer Tours and Trips 2023/2024
- Iceland from Reykjavik
- Iceland Explorer
- Small group tour
- 5 days Iceland
- Operators in Europe
- Iceland Northern Lights
- Scandinavia Northern Lights
- 5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights Tours in Iceland
- Explorer Tours
- Iceland Northern Lights Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Family Tours
- Northern Lights Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Northern Lights
- Iceland Northern Lights
- Scandinavia Northern Lights
- Iceland tours