5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights
- Our saving
- US $ 1,125
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +15 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Capture the incredible Northern Lights on camera
- Stop at Deildartunguhver, a hot spring in Reykholtsdalur
- Explore the famous Golden Circle in Southern Iceland
- Hike one of the largest glaciers in Europe, the Vatnajokull
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure, Northern Lights, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- AndreaWritten on April 22, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My friends and I had a week in Iceland and didn't know how to fit so much in such a small time. We were nervous about booking a tour, because whenever we do we feel like cattle just being brought from one major crowded place to the next, but this could not... Read more
- PTPoppyWritten on April 22, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We had the same guide for all 5 days, which isn't always the case as per reviews here. I'm glad we did as it does provide continuity. Hosei rearranged the itinerary to suit the weather conditions and added some stops where possible; going beyond... Read more
- MichelleWritten on April 11, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
My 5 day tour was great and I would recommend this tour to my family and friends. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see the Northern Lights but I am still happy with the whole tour and it was awesome.
- DLDEBORAHWritten on April 11, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Very good for covering a lot of ground in a short time. Met expectations.
- JSJosephineWritten on March 29, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Overall, I thought the tour was good. The itinerary was good as was the transportation but it was crowded because we had 19 people taking the tour. The only meals we received were the hotel breakfasts which were typical European continental food which we... Read more
- JDJoshuaWritten on March 26, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was fantastic. We saw what we came for and more. It was a shame we changed guides part the way through. Biggi was exceptional, really knowledgeable, friendly, funny and most of all kept us safe. I would recommend this tour and guide. Days 3 to 5... Read more
- SummerWritten on March 23, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our guide, Viknir was fantastic. He made every effort to ensure we all had a wonderful time. He was full of knowledge and an amazing driver for tough Icelandic weather
- AislingWritten on March 7, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Arnie was an excellent guide, patient, knowledgeable and funny. He made a real effort to make the most of our stops and often included little extra stops along the way if he knew something of interest was there. Although the activity of the northern lights... Read more
- ARAsselWritten on March 6, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I think what made this tour amazing is our tour guide Hjalti! He's very knowledgeable and very funny. He's given us enough knowledge to learn the history of this beautiful country but also it's nature and geology. We are a family of three with son of 12... Read more
- PSParagWritten on March 4, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a very well planned tour, and covered a good portion of iceland. We enjoyed the tour and would recommend it to others.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Snaefellsnes Peninsula - Arnarstapi, Kirkjufell, Djupalonssandur
- Day 2: West Iceland - Deildartunguhver, Reykholt, Hraunfossar
- Day 3: The Golden Circle & South Coast - Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir, Skogafoss, Reynisfjara
- Day 4: Ice Caving and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon - Vatnajokull, Skaftafell
- Day 5: Glacier Walk and the South Shore - Fjadrargljufur
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Iceland Adventure Tours
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- TourRadar presents Iceland with Arctic Adventures
- TourRadar presents Arctic Adventures
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and any time of the year that this tour runs offers an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour. Every endeavour will be made to ensure that travellers stand the best chance of a Northern Lights viewing.
That being said, Arctic Adventures have ensured that this tour is packed with plenty of other once in a lifetime experiences. You will have the opportunity to visit the Deildartunguhver hot spring, explore the Golden Circle, see the mighty Seljalandsfoss waterfall and take on a glacier hike.
Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations used on this tour will be 3-star hotels with private bathrooms. We are unable to provide a set hotel list for this tour as all accommodations are subject to change.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Angela, 56 years old17th April 2017
5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- TuesdayOct 1, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 5, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- WednesdayOct 2, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayOct 3, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 7, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- FridayOct 4, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysTuesdayOct 8, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysWednesdayOct 9, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 10, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- MondayOct 7, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysFridayOct 11, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- TuesdayOct 8, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSaturdayOct 12, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- WednesdayOct 9, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
- ThursdayOct 10, 2019from Reykjavik5 DaysMondayOct 14, 2019to Reykjavik10+ seats left$47USD $1,125Based on Shared Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Arctic Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2019 the full payment of $1,125 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1125 for 5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Arctic Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Arctic Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 109 km
- Arnarstapi (Iceland)
- 14 km
- Djupalonssandur (Iceland)
- 36 km
- Kirkjufell Mountain (Iceland)
- 95 km
- Deildartunguhver (Iceland)
- 6 km
- Reykholt (Iceland)
- 15 km
- Hraunfossar and Barnafoss Waterfalls (Iceland)
- 56 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Gullfoss (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,125 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,179 tours in Europe
- covered by 535 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 46 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day - Snaefellsnes, South Coast and Northern Lights