- Our saving
- US $ 3,649
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Wander through the bustling streets of Tokyo
- Go crazy in the home of anime, Akihabara
- Pay your respects at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial
- Visit a sake brewery and sample this unique delicacy
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Discovery, Sightseeing
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo, Japan
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Tokyo to Takayama
- Day 5: Takayama
- Day 6: Takayama to Hiroshima via Miyajima
- Day 7: Hiroshima to Osaka
- Day 8: Osaka to Kyoto
- Day 9: Kyoto
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11: Kyoto
- Day 12: Kyoto
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- PeterWritten on June 24, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour of Japan with a great guide and staying in better than expected accomodation for a Topdeck tour.Review collected by Topdeck
- AAshleyWritten on February 19, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This tour occurred during the flooding last year, so parts of our trip were cancelled, which is understandable. What's not acceptable is the fact that we had to sleep in a train station one night, and outside one the next. This is despite the fact that... Read more
- JBJarrettWritten on April 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Getting to see the life size gundam, and the group environment
- AshleighWritten on September 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Are you looking to see the best of Japan? This trip covers all the highlights so you can see it all in one tour. We had an amazing guide who was super friendly and was able to answer all our questions. She was so helpful when it came to suggestions for our... Read more
- EBEmilyWritten on November 15, 20164.5 - Excellent
My Topdeck experience was phenomenal. The trip was extremely well organized and structured perfectly. I liked the small group size (20 ppl) because it allowed us to get to and from places quickly and also to get to know each other really well. Overall, it... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Emily, Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent Japan Highlights trip. We are pleased to hear that you had a great overall experience! Our feedback team would like to hear from you and clarify the concerns you had regarding the additional cost of local transportation. Feel free to email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll be able to get back to you shortly. Many Thanks, Team Topdeck
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes after breakfast at 9 am at Hotel Monterey in Osaka, and it is time to say farewell to your newfound friends! Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour generally starts at 8 am in Toyko at Agora Place Asakusa, however, the joining point will be confirmed at the time of booking. As the tour has such an early start, we do recommend arriving one or two days prior to the tour - that way you also get a chance to explore Toyko!
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are available for this tour at an additional cost, please contact our customer support team to arrange this.
- We Are Topdeck
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Explore Japan with Topdeck
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Laura20th May 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdaySep 12, 2019to KyotoOnly 1 seat left$100USD $3,999
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 14, 2019to KyotoOnly 2 seats left$100USD $3,999Book Now Hold my
- SundayNov 10, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 21, 2019to Kyoto8 seats left$100USD $3,999
- SundayNov 24, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayDec 5, 2019to Kyoto10+ seats left$100USD $3,999
- SundayDec 1, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayDec 12, 2019to Kyoto6 seats left$91USD $3,649
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayDec 19, 2019to Kyoto9 seats left$91USD $3,649
- SundayJan 5, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayJan 16, 2020to Kyoto0 seats left$91USD $3,649Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJan 19, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayJan 30, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$91USD $3,649
- SundayFeb 2, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayFeb 13, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$91USD $3,649
- SundayFeb 16, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayFeb 27, 2020to Kyoto10+ seats left$91USD $3,649
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 8 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 8 October 2019, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Topdeck. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 47 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Topdeck. Please familiarise yourself with the Topdeck payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 497 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 20 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 288 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 54 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 43 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,649 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,009 tours in Asia
- covered by 858 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights