- Walk around bustling Tokyo
- Stay in a traditional ryokan
- Visit Hiroshima's Peace Museum
- Experience cultural Kyoto
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- JBJarrettWritten on April 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentGetting to see the life size gundam, and the group environmentShow detailed ratings
- AshleighWritten on September 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentAre you looking to see the best of Japan? This trip covers all the highlights so you can see it all in one tour. We had an amazing guide who was super friendly and was able to answer all our questions. She was so helpful when it came to suggestions for our free days and finding places to eat. I would totally recommend this trip to first timers in Japan.Show detailed ratings
- EBEmilyWritten on November 15, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy Topdeck experience was phenomenal. The trip was extremely well organized and structured perfectly. I liked the small group size (20 ppl) because it allowed us to get to and from places quickly and also to get to know each other really well. Overall, it was a superb experience! Something I was surprised by was that I had to pay for a fair amount of local trains/busses. On the website, it said that all local train/bus transportation would be paid for but that wasn't what I experienced. One of my fellow travellers had the same opinion. But overall, great experience.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Emily, Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent Japan Highlights trip. We are pleased to hear that you had a great overall experience! Our feedback team would like to hear from you and clarify the concerns you had regarding the additional cost of local transportation. Feel free to email the team at email@example.com and they'll be able to get back to you shortly. Many Thanks, Team Topdeck
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo, Japan
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Tokyo to Takayama
- Day 5: Takayama
- Day 6: Takayam to Hiroshima via Miyajima
- Day 7: Hiroshima to Koyasan
- Day 8: Koyasan to Kyoto
- Day 9: Kyoto
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11: Kyoto to Osaka
- Day 12: Osaka
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Explore Japan with Topdeck
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes after breakfast at 9 am at Hotel Monterey in Osaka, and it is time to say farewell to your newfound friends! Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour generally starts at 8 am in Toyko at Agora Place Asakusa, however, the joining point will be confirmed at the time of booking. As the tour has such an early start, we do recommend arriving one or two days prior to the tour - that way you also get a chance to explore Toyko!
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are available for this tour at an additional cost, please contact our customer support team to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Osaka10+ seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 15, 2018to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$148USD $3,551Based on DoubleBook Now Hold my
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayNov 22, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayDec 6, 2018to OsakaOnly 3 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on DoubleBook Now Hold my
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayDec 13, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayDec 20, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$148USD $3,551Based on Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 October 2018 the full payment of $3,551 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3551 for Japan Highlights, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 497 km
- Miyajima Island (Japan)
- 20 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 288 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 91 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 43 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,551 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,414 tours in Asia
- covered by 254 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights