Budapest to Bucharest
- Our saving
- US $ 1,793
- Rather Poor
- LBLoisWritten on October 30, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My guide talked a lot about the medieval history in the places we visited but I would surely have liked to hear a little less of that and more about the 1900-2000 phase of history, like what life was like under communism, how things changed once communists... Read more
- JKJosephWritten on July 24, 20184.5 - Excellent
Great guide and beautiful countrysideShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Joseph, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time traveling from Budapest to Bucharest, and we hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Eger
- Day 4: Debrecen / Maramures
- Day 5: Maramures
- Day 6: Sighisoara
- Day 7: Viscri
- Day 8: Brasov
- Day 9: Bucharest
- Day 10: Bucharest
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
If I am a solo traveller, will I be paired with someone for the twin share?
Yes, as a solo traveller you'd be paired with another solo traveller of same gender and similar age.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Budapest to Bucharest
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayApr 22, 2019to Bucharest0 seats left$38USD $1,847
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayApr 29, 2019to Bucharest0 seats left$38USD $1,847
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayMay 6, 2019to Bucharest0 seats left$40USD $1,935
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayMay 13, 2019to Bucharest4 seats left$40USD $1,980
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to BucharestOnly 1 seat left$43USD $2,127
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayMay 27, 2019to Bucharest8 seats left$40USD $1,935Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayJun 3, 2019to Bucharest0 seats left$40USD $1,935
- WednesdayMay 29, 2019from Budapest10 DaysFridayJun 7, 2019to Bucharest10+ seats left$40USD $1,935Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayJun 10, 2019to Bucharest4 seats left$42USD $2,033
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Budapest10 DaysMondayJun 17, 2019to BucharestOnly 1 seat left$42USD $2,033
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary and Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Bucharest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 March 2019 the full payment of $1,793 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1793 for Budapest to Bucharest, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 109 km
- Eger (Hungary)
- 253 km
- Maramures (Romania)
- 180 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 29 km
- Viscri (Romania)
- 60 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,793 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,329 tours in Europe
- covered by 336 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Budapest to Bucharest
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Alternate Joining point
Alternate Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers