The Eastern Discovery (14 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 3,866
- Explore the Greco-Roman treasure of Ephesus
- Stand beneath frescoed ceilings in Schönbrunn Palace
- Appreciate the blend of old and new wonders in Maribor
- Marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to Vienna.
- Day 2: Stately Vienna and the Habsburgs.
- Day 3: Zagreb’s Twin Towns.
- Day 4: The Crystal Lakes of Plitvice.
- Day 5: Plitvice Lakes, Ancient Trogir and Split.
- Day 6: Diocletian’s Palace.
- Day 7: Dubrovnik, Pearl of the Adriatic.
- Day 8: Scenic Drive to Kotor and Tirana.
- Day 9: Across to Corfu.
- Day 10: Relax in Corfu.
- Day 11: Delphi, Centre of the Ancient World.
- Day 12: Delphi sightseeing and on to Athens.
- Day 13: The Glory of Athens.
- Day 14: Depart Athens
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- EddaWritten on November 2, 20195.0 - Excellent
A thoughtfully complied itinerary that covered all the tastes sights and sounds of the Adriatic countries. Stephen kept us informed of daily schedules and managed all enquires and requests promptly and courteously. A well paced tour that ticked all the boxesShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are delighted to learn that your experience in Eastern Europe with Insight Vacations was a total success. We are even happier to hear that our staff’s knowledge and dedication shined throughout your time on the road. Furthermore, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we look forward to sharing more amazing destinations with you in the near future.
- JJenniferForbesWritten on March 6, 20193.5 - Good
Insight Vacations excelled themselves with this itinerary. It is amazing how many countries you visit on this trip. The hotels were of a very high standard and the fact that they are centrally located made it easier to explore. Our Travel Director was so... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewThe Eastern Discovery is a wonderful way for our guests to get a real feel for Eastern Europe; therefore, we are very pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your trip. Also, we are very happy to hear that our staff put in a lot of effort to make your time on the road an insightful one. That being said, we are without a doubt happy to have hosted you and we truly look forward to welcoming you back for more amazing destinations.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
- Insight Vacations Ancient Civilisations 2020
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Dorothy25th October 2019
The Eastern Discovery (14 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SundayMay 3, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayMay 16, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$100$4,250-2%USD $4,150Sharing a twin room
- SundayMay 17, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayMay 30, 2020to Athens0 seats leftUSD $4,250Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMay 31, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayJun 13, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$430$4,295-10%USD $3,866Sharing a twin room
- SundayJun 14, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayJun 27, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$430$4,295-10%USD $3,866Sharing a twin room
- SundayJun 28, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayJul 11, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$445$4,450-10%USD $4,005Sharing a twin room
- SundayJul 12, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayJul 25, 2020to Athens8 seats left$445$4,450-10%USD $4,005Sharing a twin room
- SundayJul 26, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayAug 8, 2020to AthensUSD $4,450Sharing a twin room
- SundayAug 9, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdayAug 22, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$445$4,450-10%USD $4,005Sharing a twin room
- SundayAug 23, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdaySep 5, 2020to Athens10+ seats left$448$4,475-10%USD $4,028Sharing a twin room
- SundaySep 6, 2020from Vienna14 DaysSaturdaySep 19, 2020to Athens8 seats left$100$4,525-2%USD $4,425Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroAustria , Slovenia , Montenegro and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Albania. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovenia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Vienna is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 26 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 26 January 2020, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Vienna (Austria)
- 145 km
- Graz (Austria)
- 59 km
- Maribor (Slovenia)
- 87 km
- Zagreb (Croatia)
- 110 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
- 158 km
- Trogir (Croatia)
- 16 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 61 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 149 km
- Tirana (Albania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,866 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,693 tours in Europe
- covered by 533 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Eastern Discovery (14 Days)