Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria with Oberammergau (12 destinations)
- US $ 3,975
+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria with Oberammergau (12 destinations)Download PDF Brochure
Linda "We would suggest someone at the airport holding an Insight sign telling us where to catch the shuttle. We could not match the optional tours with the days. If the brochure said "day 1, these are the optional tours, day 2, these are the optional tours, etc". Oberammergau was a wonderful stop. The scenery was beautiful. Carl "with a C" was informative and "a well oiled machine" keeping us on sc..."
1 / 8
- Take the Glacier Express through the heart of the Swiss Alps
- A Local Expert leads you through Neuschwanstein
- A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace
- A spectacular journey by cable car to views over Lake Lucerne
- Visit a local winery to sample the unique Wachau wine
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Plane
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
Start in Munich and end in Zurich! With the in-depth cultural tour Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria with Oberammergau (12 destinations), you have a 12 day tour package taking you from Munich to Zurich and through Munich, Germany and 10 other destinations in Europe. Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria with Oberammergau (12 destinations) includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- STScottWritten on July 23, 20184.0 - GoodMunich, Dachau (an extra), Salzburg, Vienna, Bernina Express (an extra), Glacier Express were tops but other stops were "oversold" as to sights to see. Final dinner in Lucerne was superb, but other dinners were ordinary. Accommodations in Oberammergau and Villach were not 4-star. Guide was adequate but scatter-brained.Show detailed ratings
- CKChristopherWritten on January 22, 20182.5 - AverageI did the the back roads of Bavaria tour in September 2017. It was my first guided tour. I wouldn’t suggest using Insight Tours for a few reasons and my particular experience. First consider there going to consider your first and last days labeled “travel” days are really travel days on a plane your paying extra for. Second, there is no reason this trip was a “ First class Trip” if you like over cooked beef with brown gravy, mashed potatoes and hash brown patties....what’s up with the fried hash brown patties each meal? I think because it’s just left over from breakfast? Americans don’t usually eat hash brown patties for dinner if that’s what Insight thinks Americans eat. It is advertised as “Local fare” at some hotel stops....it’s not unless you go search for it and pay for it. I became ill on my trip, I asked to see a doctor three times and it took three days to be directed to a hospital. It was in an unscheduled small town, the people didn’t speak English. My tour guide who spoke Austrian arranged the hotel assistant manager to take me to the hospital. It took me 2 hours to check in and 5total hours to be seen by a doctor. After I was admitted and there for 11 hours my tour guide shows up and says she surprised I’m still there....then the hotel manager who dropped me off started yelling at me red in the face in Austrian....my tour guide just said....I’m sorry he is a very rude man. I could write 6 paragraphs of info why I wouldn’t use my 10% coupon to come back after all my troubles but I won’t. I would try another operator. Insight Coaches do have 10 seats taken out for more leg room if your over 6ft tall. Chris K - Kauai.Show detailed ratings
- TSTonyWritten on October 30, 20173.0 - AverageMy September 2017 trip with Insight Vacations “Country roads of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria” I was fortunate to have great weather the entire time, the excursion itself was a very mix bag, with some great highlights, but also with some unforgivable faults and disappointments. I had the misfortune to have had the worst guide yet. Dizzy, unorganized, often unpleasant even later confessed that she didn’t want to be there, said that was enjoying her vacations and was called twice to do the tour and said no, but when was called a third time, could not refuse. I usually travel alone, and sometimes, as part of the deal I have to share a room. This time I shared a room with a nice & polite younger man from Honolulu, The bad part is that at the third day of traveling he became very ill, whit flu like symptoms. When we arrived one night to a small town in Austria he had shivers and high fever, I had to take action and go to the front desk to ask for a doctor, or an ambulance to take him to a hospital. The guide was resting in her room even when she knew that my roommate was sick. I had hard words with her because she seemed bothered by the situation didn’t know what to do, her inaction, lack of incompetence and compassion left a terrible impression not only on me but with other members of the group as well. I had to travel with an ill person and share a room for the rest of the trip cautious and wondering if I was going to get sick as well. Some of the sites and extra tours surpassed my expectations others where forgettable and a real waste of time and money. On my review when they asked about the overall experience I wrote Hit & Miss!. I sent a letter of complaint with the company. I stated as well that this was my third travel with Insight and it would be my last as well. In respond I got a very weak, almost cold apology. I don’t think they really care.Show detailed ratings
- LLindaWritten on September 24, 20174.0 - GoodWe would suggest someone at the airport holding an Insight sign telling us where to catch the shuttle. We could not match the optional tours with the days. If the brochure said "day 1, these are the optional tours, day 2, these are the optional tours, etc". Oberammergau was a wonderful stop. The scenery was beautiful. Carl "with a C" was informative and "a well oiled machine" keeping us on schedule. The bus driver Kristian was excellent. The breakfasts in the hotels were top notch. The optional tours we enjoyed were: Bernina Express, Country Mansion Dinner, Dachau, and the Farm House Dinner. We would have skipped the Lake Bled boat tour and elected to spend time exploring the town. Stores close at 6:00 pm and are not open on Sunday. There was a lot of walking so would not suggest this tour for someone who has trouble walking. We had a lot of rain so pack accordingly. Lucerne and Vienna are beautiful cities with so much to see. Overall I would rate is tour an 8.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Your Journey Begins
- Day 2: Welcome to Fun-Loving Munich.
- Day 3: Jewels of the Bavarian Alps.
- Day 4: The City of Mozart and on to Vienna.
- Day 5: Vienna and the Habsburgs.
- Day 6: Sleepy Austrian Byways to Villach.
- Day 7: Pass the Dolomites to Innsbruck and Oberammergau.
- Day 8: The Passion Play.
- Day 9: Through the Alps to Switzerland.
- Day 10: All aboard the Glacier Express and on to Lucerne.
- Day 11: Dinner at the ‘Roof of Europe’ in Stanserhorn.
- Day 12: Leaving Zürich.
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Introducing Insight Vacations
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Heather, 57 years old23rd September 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria with Oberammergau (12 destinations)
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayMay 15, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayMay 26, 2020to Zurich10+ seats leftUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayMay 22, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJun 2, 2020to Zurich10+ seats leftUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayMay 29, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJun 9, 2020to Zurich10+ seats leftUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayJun 5, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJun 16, 2020to Zurich10+ seats leftUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayJun 12, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJun 23, 2020to ZurichUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayJun 19, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJun 30, 2020to Zurich10+ seats leftUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayJun 26, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJul 7, 2020to ZurichOnly 1 seat leftUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727Book Now Hold my
- FridayJul 3, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJul 14, 2020to ZurichUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayJul 10, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJul 21, 2020to Zurich8 seats leftUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
- FridayJul 17, 2020from Munich12 DaysTuesdayJul 28, 2020to ZurichUSD $3,975+ $620 2 Night Oberammergau Package E727
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Munich is the starting point and Zurich is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Insight Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 December 2018 the full payment of $3,975 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3975 for Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria with Oberammergau (12 destinations), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,218 km.
- Munich (Germany)
- 115 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 195 km
- Durnstein (Austria)
- 66 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 220 km
- St. Veit an der Glan (Austria)
- 231 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 44 km
- Oberammergau (Germany)
- 154 km
- St Moritz (Switzerland)
- 131 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 11 km
- Stans (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,975 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Country Roads of Bavaria Switzerland and Austria with Oberammergau (12 destinations)