King Tutankhamun - 9 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,495
- +4 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Gaze in awe the famous pyramids at the Giza Plateau
- Enjoy a Nile felucca cruise
- Discover ancient Luxor and the Valley of the Kings
- Check out the treasures of King Tutankhamun
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- TThomasWritten on June 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentEgypt has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, and thanks to Momo and On The Go Tours, the dream became a reality. Sometimes the anticipation and expectation of a trip can result in it not quite living up to how you'd built it up, but that was definitely not the case here. The pyramids, Abu Simbel, Temple at Philae and the Valley of the Kings all speak for themselves, but it was 100% the personal touches that made this trip the best one I've ever done. Whether it was that hidden coffee shop, the right place to buy a papyrus (a legitimate one!) or what certain hieroglyphics meant, Momo had the answers and ensured the trip just went from strength to strength. Honestly can't recommend this enough - seriously, if you're remotely considering going to Egypt you must do this tour.Show detailed ratings
- TTheoWritten on June 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentSuch an amazing experience. I loved every minute of my tour in Egypt and our guide was simply amazing. He had so much knowledge and was incredibly friendly at the same time. This was my first time travelling on a tour and I would highly recommend it.Show detailed ratings
- CarolineWritten on June 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentI travelled on my first group tour with On The Go Tours to Egypt and I had the most fantastic time. From the moment I landed to the moment I left Egypt, the service was amazing. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and we learnt so much from him. The hotels were fab with great locations and very clean, and the itinerary meant we saw the big highlights within the 9 days. I will definitely travel again with On The Go and would recommend this trip to anyone be it travelling solo, with friends, relatives or couples.Show detailed ratings
- DavinaWritten on April 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe just came back from our King Tut tour with On the Go, and it was a great 9 days! They pick you up BEFORE immigration, and don't leave your side until you're back at the airport at security on the way back. Wake up calls are included, and they even ride with you in the taxi from the airport and to the airport to make sure you don't miss your flight - talk about service! We opted for the Nile Cruise upgrade which we would highly recommend as it was a more reasonable pace for those that want to see the sights and relax at the same time. Alam our tour guide was great with starting our activities early in the morning to avoid the strongest heat of the day, back to the cruise for a swim in the pool on the top deck and a snooze before going out in the evening again to view the temples followed by dinner. The sleeper cabin was probably the worst bit - but it's the national railway line so that's out of the tour group's control. I did feedback that once was enough and perhaps next time we could fly into Aswan instead :) For those that want more of the adventure part of the tour then the felluca ride would be fun (esp when coupled with a sandstorm!). The hotels are a bit of a mix: the first one was not that great (they've decided they won't use that hotel anymore), but from the cruise ship onwards it was great - esp the one in Luxor (the Sonesta St George). Alam looked after us really well: there was no question we couldn't ask, and he sought to accommodate us even when we had trouble bargaining at shops he would step in if we asked!Show detailed ratings
- KMKellyWritten on January 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentI recently went on the King Tutankhamen tour in December and absolutely LOVED IT. I could not speak higher of all of the representatives from On the Go, especially our tour guide Momo, who made us feel welcome and knew the answer to every question we had. He was amazingly knowledgeable. If you are looking for an amazing destination, I highly recommend Egypt with On the Go!!Show detailed ratings
- SStephWritten on November 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentExcellent once in a lifetime experience in just 9 days. Our tour guide Alam was excellent and very organized to boot. We were well cared for from beginning to end. Looking back, the felucca trip was a great experience. The other half of the group traveled via a luxury cruise down the Nile, and they had a great experience too. Luxor at night I thought was included but wasn't, still a must see, and includes dinner anyways. Abu Simbel required another early wakeup call, but well worth it! The only thing I didn't really care for was the two train rides. My favorite of the trip was beautiful Aswan and Abu Simbel. Cairo is a lot more impoverished and over crowded then I ever imagined. The museum tour at the end was excellent, but I barely saw half of the contents in a couple of hours. The only bad experience I had was with booking the tour directly with the HQ office in England. Sam was pretty rude each time I conversed with him. They also don't like waiting on responses even if you are halfway around the world. Everyone else I talked to on the trip, booked through a travel agent.Show detailed ratings
- MJMartinWritten on October 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentWow! What a tour! Right from the moment I touched down in Egypt I was made to feel safe and welcome by the On The Go team. The arrival transfer made the whole process easy, it was nice to be met by a representative inside the terminal so that we could quickly pass through immigration. Haytham (Sam), our guide, was incredible - from the first meeting until our final ‘family’ meal he made everyone feel welcome and a part of the group. As this was my first group trip I was a little nervous about traveling solo but any worries were quickly put at ease once we had set off on our adventures. Sam’s knowledge and passion for the country and all the places that we visited really shone through and he was always smiling and cheery (even at 3:30 in the morning!) He really was the best tour guide we could have wished for! Egypt is an unbelievably interesting country with epic history, great food, and friendly people, thanks to On The Go I was able to experience it for myself.Show detailed ratings
- VWVirginiaWritten on October 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrom start to finish, we were so well looked after,, how amazing to spend my birthday on the Nile Cruise, Momo Saiid, you are a credit to your country and profession, thank you for making my birthday do special with our group, my cake was incredible and so unexpected. Egypt is everything and so much more and we will be back to see more of your incredible sites, thanks also to Fussy Russel who was our guide on the cruise, such an incredible 3 days cruising Mother Nile, she is an amazing river... lots of awesome memories ♥️Show detailed ratings
- JLJanieWritten on May 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrom the moment I arrived in Cairo (April 21) until departure (May1), ON THE GO Tours was with us. Mido took care of everything - quickly navigating the airport and on to the first hotel while giving a guided tour and providing information about Cairo on the way. The accommodations were fine, the sleeper train was probably my least favourite, but made it all part of the adventure. I only wish that the visit to the museum was at the beginning vs the end of the tour. I think it would have meant more, giving a taste of what was to come. This was a trip of a life-time for me and it ended up being a "million" times better than I had expected! What made it so were the Tour Guides! Dino was outstanding and took care of us up until the Nile Cruise and then Aamer took over. I was actually disappointed that Dino was going with the Felucca group. However, Aamer was amazing as well. Both were very passionate when speaking about their history. Their enthusiasm and love of what they do drew me in and made my experience more special. They were friendly and helpful, answered all questions and gave more than I hoped for. They both went above and beyond! We met up again with Dino for our last day before heading back to Cairo. We had a group dinner and it was a great experience with new friends. I would recommend this tour to anyone interested in getting to see the main historical hi-lites of Egypt. I felt perfectly safe no matter where our group travelled. There were never any delays and everything ran seamlessly. I should mention that we had a full day before our flight left and decided to add on a day trip to Alexandria. Again, Mido took care of the details. It ended up being just myself and my travel friend with the Tour Guide Galal and driver Ahmed. It was another amazing day, completely safe and VERY interesting. The add-ons: Abu Simbel, upgrade of Nile Cruise, hot air balloon ride, seeing the extra tombs in the Valley of the Kings…ALL WORTH IT! I’ve recommended ON THE GO Egypt Tour to all of my friends, really anyone who asks! 5 plus stars!!!!!Show detailed ratings
- EBElisabethWritten on February 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe organisation of 'On The Go Tours' was superb! We were looked after from the moment we stepped off the plane till the moment we left again. They were made to feel 100% safe and secure. The guides very very knowledgeable and friendly. We stayed in luxury hotels and cruiseboot. The only 'event' we did not like was the sleeper train. Perhaps this could be replaced by a plane ride.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Elisabeth Beckeringh, Thank you for taking the time to send through the review of your recent tour to Egypt. We are glad you enjoyed your time in Egypt and you felt 100% safe and secure. Haytham is one of our longest standing guides and has been working with On The Go for many years. It is great to hear that the experience you received travelling with him was exactly as we would have hoped. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotels and the cruiseboat and appreciate your feedback on the sleeper train. Please be assured that this has been passed on to our Egypt product team. We look forward to welcoming you back on tour with On The Go Tours in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Pyramids & Saqqara
- Day 3: Philae Temple
- Day 4: Felucca sailing & Optional excursion to Abu Simbel
- Day 5: Felucca Sailing & Kom Ombo
- Day 6: Edfu & Luxor
- Day 7: Valley of the Kings
- Day 8: Egyptian Museum
- Day 9: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 22, 2017
What hotels do you use for the "King Tutankhamun" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Oasis Hotel, Cairo
- Helnan Aswan, Aswan
- Felucca Cruise, Felucca Cruise
- Steigenberger Nile Palace, Luxor
- Sonesta St. George Hotel, Luxor
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo
- Le Meridien Heliopolis, Cairo
- December 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes, you will be able to get a room to yourself at an additional charge, and it includes airport transfers. Please contact us to arrange this.
- November 1, 2016
What vaccines and Visas are required for this tour?
TourRadar is unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
The same goes for vaccines, unfortunately, we can not advise our travellers on them and we recommend meeting with your local physician before taking part in this tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
King Tutankhamun - 9 days
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to CairoOnly 3 seats left$37USD $1,495Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Cairo4 seats left$37USD $1,495Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$37USD $1,495Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$37USD $1,495Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$37USD $1,495
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Cairo4 seats left$37USD $1,495Based on Double Room
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$37USD $1,495Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$37USD $1,495Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Cairo9 seats left$46USD $1,845Instant BookHold my
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$46USD $1,845Based on Double RoomInstant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 August 2018 the full payment of $1,495 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1495 for King Tutankhamun - 9 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 49 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,495 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,158 tours in Africa
- covered by 106 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on King Tutankhamun - 9 days