King Tutankhamun - 9 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,244
- +4 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Gaze in awe the famous pyramids at the Giza Plateau
- Enjoy a Nile felucca cruise
- Discover ancient Luxor and the Valley of the Kings
- Check out the treasures of King Tutankhamun
- Age range
- 28 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KMKellyWritten on January 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentI recently went on the King Tutankhamen tour in December and absolutely LOVED IT. I could not speak higher of all of the representatives from On the Go, especially our tour guide Momo, who made us feel welcome and knew the answer to every question we had. He was amazingly knowledgeable. If you are looking for an amazing destination, I highly recommend Egypt with On the Go!!Show detailed ratings
- SStephWritten on November 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentExcellent once in a lifetime experience in just 9 days. Our tour guide Alam was excellent and very organized to boot. We were well cared for from beginning to end. Looking back, the felucca trip was a great experience. The other half of the group traveled via a luxury cruise down the Nile, and they had a great experience too. Luxor at night I thought was included but wasn't, still a must see, and includes dinner anyways. Abu Simbel required another early wakeup call, but well worth it! The only thing I didn't really care for was the two train rides. My favorite of the trip was beautiful Aswan and Abu Simbel. Cairo is a lot more impoverished and over crowded then I ever imagined. The museum tour at the end was excellent, but I barely saw half of the contents in a couple of hours. The only bad experience I had was with booking the tour directly with the HQ office in England. Sam was pretty rude each time I conversed with him. They also don't like waiting on responses even if you are halfway around the world. Everyone else I talked to on the trip, booked through a travel agent.Show detailed ratings
- MJMartinWritten on October 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentWow! What a tour! Right from the moment I touched down in Egypt I was made to feel safe and welcome by the On The Go team. The arrival transfer made the whole process easy, it was nice to be met by a representative inside the terminal so that we could quickly pass through immigration. Haytham (Sam), our guide, was incredible - from the first meeting until our final ‘family’ meal he made everyone feel welcome and a part of the group. As this was my first group trip I was a little nervous about traveling solo but any worries were quickly put at ease once we had set off on our adventures. Sam’s knowledge and passion for the country and all the places that we visited really shone through and he was always smiling and cheery (even at 3:30 in the morning!) He really was the best tour guide we could have wished for! Egypt is an unbelievably interesting country with epic history, great food, and friendly people, thanks to On The Go I was able to experience it for myself.Show detailed ratings
- VWVirginiaWritten on October 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrom start to finish, we were so well looked after,, how amazing to spend my birthday on the Nile Cruise, Momo Saiid, you are a credit to your country and profession, thank you for making my birthday do special with our group, my cake was incredible and so unexpected. Egypt is everything and so much more and we will be back to see more of your incredible sites, thanks also to Fussy Russel who was our guide on the cruise, such an incredible 3 days cruising Mother Nile, she is an amazing river... lots of awesome memories ♥️Show detailed ratings
- JLJanieWritten on May 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrom the moment I arrived in Cairo (April 21) until departure (May1), ON THE GO Tours was with us. Mido took care of everything - quickly navigating the airport and on to the first hotel while giving a guided tour and providing information about Cairo on the way. The accommodations were fine, the sleeper train was probably my least favourite, but made it all part of the adventure. I only wish that the visit to the museum was at the beginning vs the end of the tour. I think it would have meant more, giving a taste of what was to come. This was a trip of a life-time for me and it ended up being a "million" times better than I had expected! What made it so were the Tour Guides! Dino was outstanding and took care of us up until the Nile Cruise and then Aamer took over. I was actually disappointed that Dino was going with the Felucca group. However, Aamer was amazing as well. Both were very passionate when speaking about their history. Their enthusiasm and love of what they do drew me in and made my experience more special. They were friendly and helpful, answered all questions and gave more than I hoped for. They both went above and beyond! We met up again with Dino for our last day before heading back to Cairo. We had a group dinner and it was a great experience with new friends. I would recommend this tour to anyone interested in getting to see the main historical hi-lites of Egypt. I felt perfectly safe no matter where our group travelled. There were never any delays and everything ran seamlessly. I should mention that we had a full day before our flight left and decided to add on a day trip to Alexandria. Again, Mido took care of the details. It ended up being just myself and my travel friend with the Tour Guide Galal and driver Ahmed. It was another amazing day, completely safe and VERY interesting. The add-ons: Abu Simbel, upgrade of Nile Cruise, hot air balloon ride, seeing the extra tombs in the Valley of the Kings…ALL WORTH IT! I’ve recommended ON THE GO Egypt Tour to all of my friends, really anyone who asks! 5 plus stars!!!!!Show detailed ratings
- EBElisabethWritten on February 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe organisation of 'On The Go Tours' was superb! We were looked after from the moment we stepped off the plane till the moment we left again. They were made to feel 100% safe and secure. The guides very very knowledgeable and friendly. We stayed in luxury hotels and cruiseboot. The only 'event' we did not like was the sleeper train. Perhaps this could be replaced by a plane ride.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Elisabeth Beckeringh, Thank you for taking the time to send through the review of your recent tour to Egypt. We are glad you enjoyed your time in Egypt and you felt 100% safe and secure. Haytham is one of our longest standing guides and has been working with On The Go for many years. It is great to hear that the experience you received travelling with him was exactly as we would have hoped. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotels and the cruiseboat and appreciate your feedback on the sleeper train. Please be assured that this has been passed on to our Egypt product team. We look forward to welcoming you back on tour with On The Go Tours in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours
- TOTaliaWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy experience with On the go tours was absolutely exceptional. My mum and I travelled from South Africa to Egypt on their King Tutankhamun tour from 29 October 2016- 6 November 2016. From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed I can guarantee that our trip was perfect. Our guide Mohammed Radwan (Dino) exceeded our expectations throughout the entire trip, first of all he is extremely friendly and let us know the moment he met us that we can ask him absolutely anything and he will do everything he can to help and guide us throughout our tour. At every single site or monument that we visited prior to visiting he gave us the entire history based on that particular site or monument, he even went above and beyond and informed us of any other alleged theories or stories relating to that monument or site. At every single place we visited I as well as others from our group noticed that while Dino was informing us about the place and history several patrons from other tour groups would stop and also listen to him. We had quite a large group and by Day 2 of our tour he knew all our names, I mean that's insane. When we were at any potential markets or encountered stalls he would tell us what we can expect, what to avoid, and what we should actually pay for items based on their actual worth. Honestly we expected their to be some danger to our trip because of everything we've heard on the news etc but I've honestly felt more safe walking around in egypt than I do in my own country and my mum feels just the same. I honestly feel that Dino is the best and no 1 guide in Egypt based on my and my mums experience and from how I've seen other guides interact with their groups. He feels more like a friend and it's only through him that our group became so close to each other and have built up friendships with each other even though we've all returned home. His hospitality is incredible and theres no doubting his passion and love for Egypt, it truly knows no bounds. I confidently believe that he deserves this recognition and so much more.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Talia, Thank you for comments about your tour to Egypt with Dino. We are glad your experience was exceptional and that it exceeded your expectations. We understand how important it is to bond with your group and tour guide and we thank you for your comments about Dino. Please be assured that this feedback has been passed onto Dino, his manager's and also our product team. We look forward to you travelling with us again in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours
- JjulieWritten on December 31, 20154.0 - GoodThe tour and holiday was amazing. The sights spectacular. Our tour guide was awesome. Knowledgeable, kind and helpful. Great group. Fab time. Thank youShow detailed ratings
- JJessicaWritten on December 31, 20155.0 - ExcellentI cannot fault the service provided by on the go. We were met at Cairo airport as soon as we got off the plane. This was fantastic as the airport is quite over whelming. Our guide Mahmoud was amazing and made the trip what it was. He is very knowledgable and without him it wouldn't have been the same. The hotels, Nile cruise and all included excursions are amazing. I will recommended everyone to on the go to everyone looking to book a guided tourShow detailed ratings
- IIanWritten on December 31, 20154.5 - ExcellentOn the Go was organised with well planned itineraries!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Pyramids & Saqqara
- Day 3: Philae Temple
- Day 4: Felucca sailing & Optional excursion to Abu Simbel
- Day 5: Felucca Cruise
- Day 6: Kom Ombo & Luxor
- Day 7: Valley of the Kings
- Day 8: Egyptian Museum
- Day 9: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 22, 2017
What hotels do you use for the "King Tutankhamun" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Oasis Hotel, Cairo
- Helnan Aswan, Aswan
- Felucca Cruise, Felucca Cruise
- Steigenberger Nile Palace, Luxor
- Sonesta St. George Hotel, Luxor
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo
- Le Meridien Heliopolis, Cairo
- December 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes, you will be able to get a room to yourself at an additional charge, and it includes airport transfers. Please contact us to arrange this.
- November 1, 2016
What vaccines and Visas are required for this tour?
TourRadar is unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
The same goes for vaccines, unfortunately, we can not advise our travellers on them and we recommend meeting with your local physician before taking part in this tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Chris10th October 2017
King Tutankhamun - 9 days
- Upcoming departures
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- SaturdayJan 27, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayFeb 4, 2018to Cairo5 seats left$61USD $1,464Based on Double Room
- SaturdayFeb 3, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayFeb 11, 2018to Cairo5 seats left$61USD $1,464Based on Double Room
- SaturdayFeb 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayFeb 18, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$61USD $1,464Based on Double Room
- SaturdayFeb 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayFeb 25, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$70USD $1,685Based on Double Room
- SaturdayFeb 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to Cairo6 seats left$281$1,525-18%USD $1,244Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 11, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$61USD $1,464Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to Cairo6 seats left$207$1,525-14%USD $1,318Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$61USD $1,464Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$65USD $1,560Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$65USD $1,560Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 March 2018 the full payment of $1,244 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1244 for King Tutankhamun - 9 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 49 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,244 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,094 tours in Africa
- covered by 99 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,032 travellers have already met
before they left for their Africa tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on King Tutankhamun - 9 days