- Our saving
- US $ 2,079
- +4 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Soak up the buzzing atmosphere of the vibrant Tokyo
- Explore the beautiful temples and shrines in Kyoto
- Delight in a Japanese tea and savour traditional kaiseki
- Travel to Miyajima and see the famed floating torii gate
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Ferry
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Adventure, In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo/Takayama
- Day 4: Takayama/Kyoto
- Day 5: Kyoto
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Kyoto/Hiroshima
- Day 8: Hiroshima
- Day 9: Hiroshima/Osaka
- Day 10: Osaka
- Day 11: Osaka
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- APAlexandraWritten on April 15, 20193.5 - Good
The itinerary needed to be more detailed, there was a lot up in the air as to what was happening each day. There wasn’t the greatest communication between the guide and the group, as to where we were meeting and such. The places we stayed were a great mix... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAppreciate the review, thanks Alexandra.
- MMadisonRennieWritten on March 19, 20194.5 - Excellent
Tour was great in many respects - some of the accommodation, for example, was excellent, and the use of the bullet trains was a fab experience. As others have said, there was perhaps too much free time - at times, I felt unprepared. Having said this, our... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for the honest review Madison.
- AnonymousWritten on January 17, 20195.0 - Excellent
I loved the tour and Machiko made it all that much better - she was so helpful and I'll never forget Snoopy-san! We had enough free time to do what we wanted and were encouraged to try things that were not the usual such as little bars and restaurants... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAmazing! Thanks for the review!
- LLWritten on December 23, 20184.5 - Excellent
Amazing trip with a fantastic tour guide. Our guide, Mack, went above and beyond to provide an amazing experience in Japan. Easily, the best tour I've done with G Adventures!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWonderful! Thank you for the review!
- BBobFlanaganWritten on October 30, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour was great but with out van ratha it wouldn’t be the same he made my holiday he was on hand 24/7 great guy hope to travel with him in 2019Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you Bob!
- RichardWritten on September 22, 20185.0 - Excellent
Had a great time. Shoichi was number 1 guide!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES YES YES! Thanks for taking the time to review.
- BHBristolWritten on April 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trip was very fun and accommodations were great
- PerWritten on March 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had the most amazing trip, all thanks to our wonderful CEO Hana. She was super sweet handing out handmarked maps of every new city we arrived to. Stating lots of sights and making everything run smoothly. Her organisational skills were military grade, no... Read more
- GAGisleWritten on January 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
- BIBrendanWritten on November 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our CEO (Kiki) was amazing! The trip itself has a few things going on daily that are by default with the tour but the CEO will often run events that are unscheduled from the tours perspective. It was nice being able to go to the scheduled events like... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the Japan Rail Pass included in the tour cost?
Yes, the Japan Rail pass is included for all travellers eligible for the pass as per Japan Rail terms and conditions.
Only foreigners travelling in Japan as a tourist are able to use a Japan Rail Pass and that you will not receive the pass until the trip begins. If you are a Japanese citizen/resident or travelling on a student/business visa please advise us at time of booking as you will not be able to take advantage of the Rail Pass. In this case, your rail travel will come at an additional cost.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in the morning at Hostel Teltelbouzu (or similar) in Osaka. There are no activities planned on the last day of the tour, so you are free to depart at any time, however, the tour operator highly recommends booking post-accommodation to fully experience this vibrant city. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Tokyo Sumidagawa Youth Hostel (or similar) in Toyko anytime during the day. Feel free to explore Tokyo before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group. Please be aware that the meeting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Guides who have led this tour
- "My name is Ratha Van. I'm a CEO (Tour Leader) at G Adventures leading the tours in Cambodia, Vietnam,..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Izabelle20th April 2019
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- June 2021
- July 2021
- August 2021
- September 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
- SaturdayAug 31, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdaySep 10, 2019to OsakaOnly 2 seats left$572$2,599-20%USD $2,079
- ThursdaySep 5, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Osaka0 seats left$65USD $2,599Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdaySep 17, 2019to Osaka9 seats left$65USD $2,599
- ThursdaySep 12, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Osaka4 seats left$65USD $2,599
- ThursdaySep 19, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Osaka4 seats left$65USD $2,599
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to Osaka5 seats left$65USD $2,599
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayOct 8, 2019to Osaka6 seats left$65USD $2,599
- ThursdayOct 3, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Osaka6 seats left$65USD $2,599
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayOct 15, 2019to Osaka0 seats left$65USD $2,599Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayOct 22, 2019to Osaka6 seats left$65USD $2,599
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 25 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 25 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 43 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,079 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,891 tours in Asia
- covered by 860 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Epic Japan