- Our saving
- US $ 2,079
- +4 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Discover Tokyo's bustling nightlife
- Explore Kyoto's serene temples
- Get your fill of Ramen in Osaka
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- GAGisleWritten on January 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentAbove expectationsShow detailed ratings
- BIBrendanWritten on November 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur CEO (Kiki) was amazing! The trip itself has a few things going on daily that are by default with the tour but the CEO will often run events that are unscheduled from the tours perspective. It was nice being able to go to the scheduled events like Kamakura but also have the latter half of the day to see other sites in town or head to another city if they were nearby. I haven't had this much fun in a country in years, and our CEO made it all possible!Show detailed ratings
- ASAilbheWritten on August 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was an excellent tour which really captured Japan for me in such a short amount of time. Our tourguide was really friendly and helpful and made a huge effort to ensure each traveller got what they wanted out of the tour. My only criticism would be that our Kyoto hostel was quite far from the city centre and we had to leave town by 9.30 to get back on public transport, but I'm sure there was a good reason for that.Show detailed ratings
- SKSamWritten on June 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe overall experience was great! The tour guide was very helpful, organised, full of knowledge and friendly. The accomodation was stayed in was great and very close to nearby local things. The transport system in Japan was unreal! Very quick and efficient when getting to places. I highly recommend this tour to any friends or first timers going to Japan!Show detailed ratings
- JJohnWritten on May 1, 20174.0 - GoodAlthough this tour is one of the cheapest in Japan, I couldn't have asked for much more. The guide was very helpful and diligent at making sure we were well taken care of. The accommodation and transport was all fine, and there was plenty to do every day.Show detailed ratings
- AZAdrianWritten on April 9, 20174.0 - GoodI booked Japan on a Shoestring to see what value a tour company could add compared to traveling solo. The value they added was ease of transportation between sightseeing places, easier time communicating because of Japanese speaking guide, and having people similarly aged to travel with. We went to places and tried activities I would not have known to explore on my own. I was hoping from booking a tour that there would be more planned activities, however, I found myself unprepared to explore when we were given free time. Given that many sightseeing places included were free, I would recommend this tour if purchased at a discounted price. Overall, I had a great experience and visited many landmarks in the 9 days in Japan.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo/Takayama
- Day 4 Takayama/Kyoto
- Day 5 Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hiroshima
- Day 8 Hiroshima
- Day 9 Hiroshima/Osaka
- Day 10 Osaka
- Day 11 Osaka
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Are meals included on this trip?
Unfortunately this particular tour does not include any meals. Therefore we would recommend to consider your personal spending habits (there will be plenty of catering options available, from street food to cafes and restaurants), when planning your budget for the trip.
- February 1, 2017
Does the price include flights?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- January 1, 2017
Does this tour have a strict age restriction?
G Adventure's Yolo tours are age restricted.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
21 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Epic Japan tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shelby29th January 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdayApr 3, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysFridayApr 13, 2018to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$67USD $2,699
- FridayApr 6, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysMondayApr 16, 2018to OsakaOnly 3 seats left$67USD $2,699
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayApr 17, 2018to Osaka9 seats left$462$2,699-15%USD $2,294
- ThursdayApr 12, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysSundayApr 22, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$67USD $2,699
- ThursdayApr 19, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysSundayApr 29, 2018to OsakaOnly 3 seats left$67USD $2,699
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayMay 1, 2018to Osaka8 seats left$594$2,699-20%USD $2,159
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayMay 22, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$65USD $2,599
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayMay 29, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$65USD $2,599
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Osaka10+ seats left$572$2,599-20%USD $2,079Instant BookHold my
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Osaka10+ seats left$65USD $2,599Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 May 2018 the full payment of $2,079 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2079 for Epic Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 43 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,079 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,332 tours in Asia
- covered by 164 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Epic Japan