- Our saving
- US $ 2,121
- +4 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Soak up the buzzing atmosphere of the vibrant Tokyo
- Explore the beautiful temples and shrines in Kyoto
- Delight in a Japanese tea and savour traditional kaiseki
- Travel to Miyajima and see the famed floating torii gate
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Ferry
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Adventure, In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- LLWritten on December 23, 20184.5 - Excellent
Amazing trip with a fantastic tour guide. Our guide, Mack, went above and beyond to provide an amazing experience in Japan. Easily, the best tour I've done with G Adventures!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWonderful! Thank you for the review!
- BBobFlanaganWritten on October 30, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour was great but with out van ratha it wouldn’t be the same he made my holiday he was on hand 24/7 great guy hope to travel with him in 2019Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you Bob!
- RichardWritten on September 22, 20185.0 - Excellent
Had a great time. Shoichi was number 1 guide!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES YES YES! Thanks for taking the time to review.
- BHBristolWritten on April 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trip was very fun and accommodations were great
- PerWritten on March 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had the most amazing trip, all thanks to our wonderful CEO Hana. She was super sweet handing out handmarked maps of every new city we arrived to. Stating lots of sights and making everything run smoothly. Her organisational skills were military grade, no... Read more
- GAGisleWritten on January 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
- BIBrendanWritten on November 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our CEO (Kiki) was amazing! The trip itself has a few things going on daily that are by default with the tour but the CEO will often run events that are unscheduled from the tours perspective. It was nice being able to go to the scheduled events like... Read more
- ASAilbheWritten on August 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was an excellent tour which really captured Japan for me in such a short amount of time. Our tourguide was really friendly and helpful and made a huge effort to ensure each traveller got what they wanted out of the tour. My only criticism would be that... Read more
- SKSamWritten on June 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The overall experience was great! The tour guide was very helpful, organised, full of knowledge and friendly. The accomodation was stayed in was great and very close to nearby local things. The transport system in Japan was unreal! Very quick and efficient... Read more
- JJohnWritten on May 1, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Although this tour is one of the cheapest in Japan, I couldn't have asked for much more. The guide was very helpful and diligent at making sure we were well taken care of. The accommodation and transport was all fine, and there was plenty to do every day.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo/Takayama
- Day 4 Takayama/Kyoto
- Day 5 Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hiroshima-shi
- Day 8 Hiroshima-shi
- Day 9 Hiroshima-shi/Osaka
- Day 10 Osaka
- Day 11 Osaka
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in the morning at Hostel Teltelbouzu (or similar) in Osaka. There are no activities planned on the last day of the tour, so you are free to depart at any time, however, the tour operator highly recommends booking post-accommodation to fully experience this vibrant city. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Tokyo Sumidagawa Youth Hostel (or similar) in Toyko anytime during the day. Feel free to explore Tokyo before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group. Please be aware that the meeting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers can be arranged at an additional cost, please contact our customer support team for more information.
Guides who have led this tour
- "My name is Ratha Van. I'm a CEO (Tour Leader) at G Adventures leading the tours in Cambodia, Vietnam,..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Heather23rd September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayFeb 26, 2019to Osaka0 seats left$100USD $2,399
- SaturdayFeb 23, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayMar 5, 2019to Osaka0 seats left$100USD $2,399
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayMar 12, 2019to Osaka0 seats left$100USD $2,399
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayMar 26, 2019to Osaka4 seats left$104USD $2,495
- ThursdayMar 21, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to OsakaOnly 3 seats left$104USD $2,495
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayApr 2, 2019to Osaka6 seats left$104USD $2,495
- ThursdayMar 28, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysSundayApr 7, 2019to Osaka5 seats left$104USD $2,495
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayApr 9, 2019to Osaka6 seats left$104USD $2,495
- ThursdayApr 4, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to Osaka4 seats left$108USD $2,591
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to Osaka10+ seats left$108USD $2,591
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 March 2019 the full payment of $2,121 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2121 for Epic Japan, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 43 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,121 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,734 tours in Asia
- covered by 444 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Epic Japan