- Our saving
- US $ 1,999
- +4 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Soak up the buzzing atmosphere of the vibrant Tokyo
- Explore the beautiful temples and shrines in Kyoto
- Delight in a Japanese tea and savour traditional kaiseki
- Travel to Miyajima and see the famed floating torii gate
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Ferry
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Adventure, In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- RichardWritten on September 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad a great time. Shoichi was number 1 guide!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES YES YES! Thanks for taking the time to review.
- BHBristolWritten on April 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentTrip was very fun and accommodations were greatShow detailed ratings
- PerWritten on March 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had the most amazing trip, all thanks to our wonderful CEO Hana. She was super sweet handing out handmarked maps of every new city we arrived to. Stating lots of sights and making everything run smoothly. Her organisational skills were military grade, no joke. She had this refined understanding for us "westerners" and knew just how much of the Japanese culture we could "handle" at a time. The fact that she was a local made it all so much better. I've been on trips where the guide isn't and it takes some of the charm away. Both thumbs up for Hana, in my eyes the best Japanese ambassador that G Adventures possibly could wish for! All best Per Axel Larsson, SwedenShow detailed ratings
- GAGisleWritten on January 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentAbove expectationsShow detailed ratings
- BIBrendanWritten on November 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur CEO (Kiki) was amazing! The trip itself has a few things going on daily that are by default with the tour but the CEO will often run events that are unscheduled from the tours perspective. It was nice being able to go to the scheduled events like Kamakura but also have the latter half of the day to see other sites in town or head to another city if they were nearby. I haven't had this much fun in a country in years, and our CEO made it all possible!Show detailed ratings
- ASAilbheWritten on August 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was an excellent tour which really captured Japan for me in such a short amount of time. Our tourguide was really friendly and helpful and made a huge effort to ensure each traveller got what they wanted out of the tour. My only criticism would be that our Kyoto hostel was quite far from the city centre and we had to leave town by 9.30 to get back on public transport, but I'm sure there was a good reason for that.Show detailed ratings
- SKSamWritten on June 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe overall experience was great! The tour guide was very helpful, organised, full of knowledge and friendly. The accomodation was stayed in was great and very close to nearby local things. The transport system in Japan was unreal! Very quick and efficient when getting to places. I highly recommend this tour to any friends or first timers going to Japan!Show detailed ratings
- JJohnWritten on May 1, 20174.0 - GoodAlthough this tour is one of the cheapest in Japan, I couldn't have asked for much more. The guide was very helpful and diligent at making sure we were well taken care of. The accommodation and transport was all fine, and there was plenty to do every day.Show detailed ratings
- AZAdrianWritten on April 9, 20174.0 - GoodI booked Japan on a Shoestring to see what value a tour company could add compared to traveling solo. The value they added was ease of transportation between sightseeing places, easier time communicating because of Japanese speaking guide, and having people similarly aged to travel with. We went to places and tried activities I would not have known to explore on my own. I was hoping from booking a tour that there would be more planned activities, however, I found myself unprepared to explore when we were given free time. Given that many sightseeing places included were free, I would recommend this tour if purchased at a discounted price. Overall, I had a great experience and visited many landmarks in the 9 days in Japan.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo/Takayama
- Day 4 Takayama/Kyoto
- Day 5 Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hiroshima
- Day 8 Hiroshima
- Day 9 Hiroshima/Osaka
- Day 10 Osaka
- Day 11 Osaka
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in the morning at Hostel Teltelbouzu (or similar) in Osaka. There are no activities planned on the last day of the tour, so you are free to depart at any time, however, the tour operator highly recommends booking post-accommodation to fully experience this vibrant city. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Tokyo Sumidagawa Youth Hostel (or similar) in Toyko anytime during the day. Feel free to explore Tokyo before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group. Please be aware that the meeting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers can be arranged at an additional cost, please contact our customer support team for more information.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$135USD $2,699
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayNov 20, 2018to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$135USD $2,699
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$125USD $2,499Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayDec 4, 2018to Osaka0 seats left$125USD $2,499Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayDec 1, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to Osaka9 seats left$481$2,499-15%USD $2,124
- SaturdayDec 15, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayDec 25, 2018to Osaka10+ seats left$600$2,499-20%USD $1,999
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to OsakaOnly 1 seat left$125USD $2,499
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayJan 15, 2019to Osaka8 seats left$125USD $2,499
- SaturdayJan 19, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayJan 29, 2019to Osaka4 seats left$125USD $2,499
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Tokyo11 DaysTuesdayFeb 26, 2019to Osaka7 seats left$481$2,499-15%USD $2,124
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $1,999 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1999 for Epic Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 47 km
- Kamakura (Japan)
- 47 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 43 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,999 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,046 tours in Asia
- covered by 312 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Epic Japan