Machu Picchu Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 1,439
- +6 Destinations
- Andes Mountains
- Shop in Cuzco's artisan market
- Explore the impressive Pisac ruins
- Ride a train through Urubamba Valley
- See Machu Picchu in person
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Plane
- Rather Poor
- NNNiamhWritten on March 29, 20182.0 - Rather poorThe hotel in Lima was so bad we all booked another hotel for the last night of the trip. The rest of the hotels were not quite as bad but could have been alot better. Communication was poor... we rarely knew what was happening and no-one showed up to collect us at the airport so we had to ring g adventures to find them. They refused to bring us to our new hotels (everyone on the trip changed hotels. 14 people in total) so we all had to pay for taxis. We were told breakfast was included on the trip but then charged for basic extras in some places. No denying Peru is an incredible country but for the money I paid for this trip... the service received was poor and completely unacceptable!!! If you have any decency you should be offering us all a partial refund or credit for how bad this was in parts!!Show detailed ratings
- SStaciWritten on March 14, 20184.0 - GoodI recently returned from the 8 day "Machu Picchu Adventure" small group tour and I was pleasantly surprised with most of the trip. The tour guides we had were excellent, there was a good mix of planned activities and free time, the group we had was a great mix of young people along with older people, singles, couples, etc. and overall it has been one of the best trips I have had. Below I go into more depth about the pros/cons Cons -Accomodations were very basic and varied widely room to room and across the trip. I honestly expected slightly nicer accomodations, but considering the 8 day trip was only $1499 USDI guess thats what you get. In Lima we stayed at Casa Bonita which was honestly the worst experience. The rooms were dirty (there were stains on the comforters and pillow cases) and the AC in most of the rooms didn't work, but the worst part about it was that most of the staff was not helpful or friendly. The other hotels were all slightly better as the staff at those were friendlier and the rooms were slightly better, but again just below what my expectations were. -We never got a detailed itinerary prior to the trip. The only thing we received was what is visible online. -We didn't have a lot of time to adjust to the altitude in Cusco -Some of the restaurants our tour guides suggested were too touristy Pros -The guides were incredible. They were all knowledgeable about the history and were friendly and welcoming. One of my friends left her phone on a tuk-tuk and our guide was able to call and get in touch with the driver who immediately brought the phone back to us before we got on the train to Machu Picchu. She didn't have any coins or small bills on her to tip the tuk-tuk driver (As suggested by the guide would be nice) so he paid for her instead with no expectation that she should pay him back. -the itinerary was a nice mix of structured activity and free time. We did A LOT in a short amount of time, but it was very rare that I felt outright exhausted by our schedule. When that moment came I had plenty of free time to sleep and recharge -the people we traveled with were awesome. It was mostly young travelers (22-30), but there were some older people in our group as well that fit in great -the transportation was better than expected - our buses, trains, and planes were all clean, on time, and spacious. -even though the hotels left a lot to be desired they were all in very good locations - safe and close to the city centers so that most everything we wanted to do was walkable. If you are looking for a reasonably priced adventure with some great people and can't take a lot of time off of work then this 8 day trip is for you just make sure you set your expectations for the hotels low. If you are extending on either side in Lima I'd highly suggest not booking at Casa Bonita if that is where you stay as well.Show detailed ratings
- RDReneeWritten on February 16, 20184.0 - GoodMachu Picchu Adventure was everything I was expecting. Hotel Transfers on time, Hotels were great location, clean and staff very friendly. The small quaint towns of Cusco, Ollantaytambo and Aguas Callientes (Machu Picchu) offered lots of history and fascinating shops. Plenty of Restaurants to taste the local cuisine. As a mature traveler I found the pace of this tour great. Our guide David was very knowledgeable and helpful. Sacred Valley was interesting but of Machu Picchu was the highlight.Show detailed ratings
- ASAlanWritten on December 11, 20173.5 - GoodThe tour was OK and of the right size. Everything was well organized and went without any problems. Our guide was good and helpful. We enjoyed our trip very muchShow detailed ratings
- JaneWritten on October 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreat tour, tour guide Alex was excellentShow detailed ratings
- KDKiraWritten on August 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had a great trip with G Adventure. Everything is well organized. The tour guide is very helpful and informative. The transportation was convenient and on time.Show detailed ratings
- SDSusanWritten on April 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was our second G adventures trip and it was the most amazing trip to hike to Machu Picchu.Show detailed ratings
- JensWritten on February 12, 20161.0 - Badwe wanted to go to machu pichu hiking the inca trail. the gadventures website indicated they had 7 spots available. so we put a deposit down. we were told we would receive an email confirming the details of the trip. we never received a response email so we had to call them. that's when we found out that even though they advertised spots available, g adventures did not have permits to hike the inca trail. at that point in time they tried to book us on a different machu pichu trip. the classic bait and switch. when we asked for our deposit to be refunded we were told our deposit would be a lifetime deposit that we could use at any time. we told them we wanted our deposit refunded anyway. they refused. we had to file a dispute with the credit card company to try and resolve the matter. we were never told the policy of a non refundable deposit, they never got back to us, it was only through our initiative that we were able to ascertain all the facts and details. i can only imagine how things would be if we hadn't called them. even though we never traveled with them, the lack of communication and forthrightness makes me feel very uncomfortable doing business with them.Show detailed ratings
- LSLoisWritten on December 29, 20155.0 - ExcellentThe G Adventure guides are so amazing. They know everything about the areaShow detailed ratings
- ARAnneWritten on December 29, 20154.5 - ExcellentTo see the world through the eyes of another is a gift, and to be able to present that gift, G Adventures employs guides native to Peru, a visit to a village they support that reflects the culture and heritage of Peru, and offering history, expeditions, an understanding of politics, attitudes, geography and understanding traditions of the different cultures found in Peru. It's seen via train travel, walks and climbs, free time, and most important, a day in Machu Picchu, highest and most sacred Inca home. G Adventures not only taught Inca, they made it a part of one's soul.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Lima
- Day 2 Lima/Cusco (1B)
- Day 3 Cusco/Ollantaytambo (1B, 1L)
- Day 4 Ollantaytambo/Aguas Calientes (1B)
- Day 5 Aguas Calientes/Cusco (1B)
- Day 6 Cusco (1B)
- Day 7 Cusco/Lima (1B)
- Day 8 Lima (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 1, 2016
Can you please indicate what hotels are included?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
- January 1, 2016
Could we finish the tour at Cusco and not having to return to Lima?
Yes you can finish the tour in Cusco, however the tour price will most likely not be changed for your early departure from the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Danielle6th March 2018
Machu Picchu Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- ThursdayMay 10, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayMay 17, 2018to Lima0 seats leftSave $62USD $1,487
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Lima8 DaysSundayMay 20, 2018to Lima0 seats leftSave $62USD $1,487
- ThursdayMay 17, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayMay 24, 2018to Lima0 seats leftSave $62USD $1,487
- ThursdayMay 24, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayMay 31, 2018to Lima0 seats leftSave $62USD $1,487
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to LimaOnly 1 seat leftOnly 15 hours left toSave $62USD $1,487
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to LimaOnly 1 seat leftOnly 15 hours left toSave $64USD $1,535
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Lima8 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Lima9 seats leftOnly 15 hours left toSave $64USD $1,535Instant BookHold my
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to LimaOnly 1 seat leftOnly 15 hours left toSave $64USD $1,535
- ThursdayJun 21, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Lima0 seats leftSave $64USD $1,535
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Lima8 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to LimaOnly 3 seats leftOnly 15 hours left toSave $64USD $1,535
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Peru. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Lima.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 June 2018 the full payment of $1,439 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1439 for Machu Picchu Adventure, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Lima (Peru)
- 578 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 21 km
- Ollantaytambo (Peru)
- 30 km
- Aguas Calientes (Peru)
- 8 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- 67 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 578 km
- Lima (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,439 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,118 tours in Latin America
- covered by 91 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Machu Picchu Adventure