Jordan on a Shoestring
- Our saving
- US $ 594
- Explore Roman architecture in Jerash
- Try to swim in the unique Dead Sea
- Enjoy great views of Israel from Mt. Nebo
- Drive along the King’s Highway to Petra
- Explore the beauty of Wadi Rum desert
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Jeep & 4WD
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- ABAnneWritten on January 20, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour itself was good. The organisation before i landed was not. My friend fortunately arrived the day before me and told me to contact the company as they were expecting me on her flight but clearly i was coming from another country and flight details... Read more
- JenniferWritten on January 17, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The Guesthouse in Amman was lovely accommodation. Khalid was a very kind and patient tour guide- especially when I was sick. We did two extra day trips with him- Desert Castles and Bethany and I enjoyed them enormously. In winter I would probably recommend... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on January 10, 20193.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
For the hotel, it seems they never change the bed sheet when last guest checked out, you have to ask them to do so. They change the schedule to visit the dead sea in the first day as it was going to be cold in the lat day. I wished they could do this for... Read more
- BBenDoWritten on January 4, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour guide. He was very knowledgeable.
- JJamesHudsonWritten on September 7, 20182.5 - Average
The tour guide was really aggressive about tips and the only place we eat at were crapShow detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback James. As you're aware we did an extensive follow up with you after your tour. Following your trip, your tour guide was suspended from working with us, and we have clarified the lunch arrangements. This includes agreeing some fixed price options with several local restaurants (less than you paid) while also making it very clear that these are optional and you can eat elsewhere if you wish. As a goodwill gesture following your guide's conduct, particularly about the tipping requests and the lunch arrangements, we also paid you a 50% refund of the price you paid for the tour, which we were pleased you were happy with. We're very confident the issues that happened on your tour were a one off and apologise again here for any impact they had on your enjoyment of the tour.
- AAnonymousWritten on April 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The sights were pretty awesome but our guide Sami brought the history behind them to life with his explanations. He was more that just a tour guide, he was more of a host. Also, the people of Jordan were so nice. People passing by say “Welcome to Jordan”... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on April 11, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The historical sites
- TFTimWritten on April 7, 20182.5 - Average
There should be time right at the beginning for fellow travellers to get to know each other. Travellers should be allowed to do their own thing at stops. We were forced to listen to lengthy and overly detailed descriptions from our guide, for over an hour,... Read moreShow detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewHi Tim, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback. I’m sorry that you weren’t happy with the way the guiding was managed on this tour. All guides do have their own individual style and as most are very proud of their country, they do want to get a lot of information across to you. There's always a balance to strike between doing that and giving free time to explore, and we have to be careful not to upset other people in the group by going too far the other way either. However, if you want to miss out on some of the explanations and history and just explore independently, you should be able to do that. That is within reason though, as the guide does need to be careful that they know where everyone is, sometimes because the sites are so big it can be easy to get lost and separated if you haven't been told where the guide is moving on to with the group next, and also on travelling days where we need to be careful to keep to a schedule so further visits later in the day aren't affected. We're having a chat with the guide on your tour just to make sure that they do allow some flexibility of the kind you obviously wanted more of. To get a fully flexible time where you can listen and explore independently as much as you like, we do run a lot of tailor-made tours which are much more suited to accommodating this than a group tour.
- SJSusanWritten on March 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip surpassed my expectations for Jordan. The scenery is spectactularly different, the guide was not just informative but fun and the Jordanian people are extremely welcoming. At no time did I feel unsafe as a female solo traveller. Would highly... Read more
- Maria ThereseWritten on February 17, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The main reason why I am rating the trip as Good rather than excellent is not because the tour did not meet my expectations (on the contrary, I rate our tour guide Sammy and the places the tour covered as excellent) but the local Amman hotel is more like a... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Amman, transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Amman city tour, Jerash
- Day 3: King's Highway to Petra via Madaba and Kerak
- Day 4: A Full day visit of Petra
- Day 5: Wadi Rum jeep safari, Dead Sea swim
- Day 6: Amman, free time, transfer to airport
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time would you have to be in Amman on the first day?
You can arrive anytime day 1, but please note that the check-in at the hotel can be made starting with 2pm.
Can the hotel look after my suitcase during this trip?
We wouldn’t really recommend leaving your suitcase in Amman, as we can’t guarantee we’ll use the same hotel at the end of the tour.
The trip has everything we would like to do in Jordan other than doing Mujib Siq Trail, we have found a day tour from Amman where we could this or would you be able to add this into our trip?
The tour operator doesn’t offer a day trip to Wadi Mujib from Amman, but if you’d like to book your own day trip for one of the days that would be absolutely fine.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
Jordan on a Shoestring
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- MondayJan 28, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayFeb 2, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayFeb 11, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayFeb 16, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayFeb 25, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayMar 2, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayMar 11, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayMar 16, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayMar 25, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayApr 8, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayApr 15, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayApr 29, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
- MondayMay 13, 2019from Amman6 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Amman10+ seats left$175$769-23%USD $594
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Jordan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Amman.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 March 2019 the full payment of $594 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $594 for Jordan on a Shoestring, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amman (Jordan)
- 36 km
- Jerash (Jordan)
- 64 km
- Madaba (Jordan)
- 61 km
- Kerak (Jordan)
- 98 km
- Petra (Jordan)
- 82 km
- Wadi Rum (Jordan)
- 219 km
- Dead Sea (Jordan)
- 62 km
- Amman (Jordan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $594 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,894 tours in Asia
- covered by 461 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Jordan on a Shoestring via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Jordan on a Shoestring