Queenstown Otago Rail Trail
- Our saving
- US $ 1,248
- Age range
- 20 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Temple, Motel
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Bicycle, Private Vehicle
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
Other reviews about Adventure South:Write a review
- Carolyn and Rene's review about another Adventure South tour5.0 - ExcellentWe completed the Adventure South Marlborough Sounds and Abel Tasman Trails guided walking tour in Marc... Read more
- World Expeditions's review about another Adventure South tour5.0 - ExcellentI was extremely happy with the trip overall; great views, great accommodation, excellent trek leader = a very enjoyable ... Read more
- World Expeditions's review about another Adventure South tour5.0 - ExcellentTour guides where excellent, Well organised trip!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Queenstown to Clyde
- Day 2: Clyde to Lauder
- Day 3: Lauder to Ranfurly
- Day 4: Ranfurly to Dunedin
- Day 5: Dunedin to Christchurch
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What equipment do you provide? Bikes and helmets I assume?
Thank you for your enquiry into this fantastic tour with World Expeditions!
On this tour you do have an option of hiring a bike if you are not taking your own one and a bicycle helmet and drink bottle will be included with your bike rental.
I am looking for a 3-5 day bike tour that is relatively easy and takes in beautiful scenery. Which of your tours would be best?
We have 2 Rail Trail Tours, the Classic which starts and ends in Christchurch, and the Queenstown Rail Trail which starts in Queenstown and ends in Christchurch. The rail trail is a great cycle trail which has easy gradients, is off-road, passes through some beautiful scenery and it suited to riders of all abilities. The length of the cycle way is 150km and is broken down into 5 easy days. If you are a strong rider, you also might like to consider the Alps to Ocean which is a 6 day cycle tour which starts in the mountains near Mount Cook and ends on the coast at Oamaru and passes equally stunning scenery.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Queenstown Otago Rail Trail
- MondayNov 19, 2018from Queenstown5 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Christchurch0 seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Queenstown5 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin Share
- MondayJan 14, 2019from Queenstown5 DaysFridayJan 18, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayFeb 4, 2019from Queenstown5 DaysFridayFeb 8, 2019to Christchurch9 seats left$54USD $1,284Based on Twin Share
- MondayFeb 25, 2019from Queenstown5 DaysFridayMar 1, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin Share
- MondayMar 4, 2019from Queenstown5 DaysFridayMar 8, 2019to Christchurch8 seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin Share
- MondayMar 25, 2019from Queenstown5 DaysFridayMar 29, 2019to Christchurch9 seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin Share
- MondayApr 1, 2019from Queenstown5 DaysFridayApr 5, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Queenstown5 DaysWednesdayApr 17, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$52USD $1,248Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Queenstown is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Adventure South booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $1,248 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1248 for Queenstown Otago Rail Trail, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Adventure South will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Adventure South tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 54 km
- Clyde (New Zealand)
- 32 km
- Lauder (New Zealand)
- 34 km
- Ranfurly (New Zealand)
- 42 km
- Middlemarch (New Zealand)
- 51 km
- Dunedin (New Zealand)
- 84 km
- Kakanui (New Zealand)
- 11 km
- Oamaru (New Zealand)
- 220 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,248 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 958 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 67 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Queenstown Otago Rail Trail via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3,224 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Australia/Oceania tours