Cycling Puglia & Matera
- Our saving
- US $ 1,949
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Exodus Travels
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Matera.
- Day 2: Ride past the historic 'Sassi' houses of Matera before heading to Alberobello.
- Day 3: Cycle through the lush Valle d'Itria, past the picturesque fairytale trulli houses to the hilltop-town of Ostuni.
- Day 4: Ride through quaint villages and country lanes to a typical Masseria - a renovated farmhouse - where we spend the night.
- Day 5: Cycle to the coast and swim in the crystal clear sea before continuing towards Gallipoli with its old town situated on a rocky island.
- Day 6: Follow stunning stretch of coastline leading to the ancient town of Otranto.
- Day 7: Continue along the shoreline to the beautiful Baroque city of Lecce.
- Day 8: End Lecce.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- STSuzanneWritten on May 6, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent tour - couldn’t have wished for a better guide or company
- ALAvrilWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We thoroughly enjoyed our cycle tour. Most hotels were comfy and we had great nights out for supper where Antonio Desantis booked when we arrived in a new place. Antonio was a friendly, sincere young man who had a lot of responsibility taking care of us. He... Read more
- DMDenise MurphyWritten on October 16, 20133.0 - Average
Lovely villages especially Matera and Otranto. It was an expensive holiday as there were no lunches/dinners provided. According to the Exodus write-up you would only need approximatelyReview collected by Exodus Travels
- DMDerek McKayWritten on October 9, 20134.0 - Good
Generally good trip with excellent and thoughtful guide. However due to the size of the group two guides may have been more appropriate, considering the rather expensive cost of the trip in total. beautiful scenery good company and the right level of... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- KFKaren FitzpatrickWritten on May 26, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was a fabulous trip that really exceeded my expectations. I knew that the region would be very nice but it was just stunning and the countryside was beautiful to cycle through. The accommodation was really lovely also...especially in MateraWhat was the... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ALAnneliese LindnerWritten on May 12, 20134.0 - Good
This was a really enjoyable cycling holiday: the roads chosen were predominatly little trafficked by cars, the countryside was a lush green, with roadsides and fields covered in masses of wildflowers, the villages and towns presenting aspects ranging from... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- CSCherry Shelton-MillsWritten on May 10, 20135.0 - Excellent
Perfect spring cycling, beautiful scenery, wonderful foodWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Visiting the caves (sassi) in Matera, cycling through the countryside around Alberobello with fields of red poppies surrounding white trullis and... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we visit any of the caves?
We do not offer a visit to the Caves on this itinerary.
What are distances per day?
Daily distance in km/miles below:
What is included in the tour price?
All transport and listed activities
Tour leader throughout
Local bike hire - a 27 speed bike included in the trip price
7 nights in comfortable charming hotels
6 days cycling with 100% vehicle support
99% tarmac, with one very short section of gravel
Quiet roads with a few ascents and descent
All breakfasts included
- Exodus People - Marinella's Story
- Exodus People - Marinella
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anne19th March 2019
Cycling Puglia & Matera
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundaySep 8, 2019to Bari0 seats left$54USD $2,149
- WednesdaySep 4, 2019from Bari8 DaysWednesdaySep 11, 2019to Bari0 seats left$50USD $2,015
- SundaySep 8, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Bari0 seats left$59USD $2,349
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Bari0 seats left$51USD $2,049
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Bari6 seats left$51USD $2,049
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayOct 6, 2019to Bari0 seats left$51USD $2,049
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Bari0 seats left$49USD $1,949
- SundayOct 13, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to BariOnly 1 seat left$49USD $1,949
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Bari0 seats left$49USD $1,949
- SundayApr 5, 2020from Bari8 DaysSundayApr 12, 2020to Bari8 seats left$51USD $2,049Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Bari.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 3 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 3 November 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Exodus Travels. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Exodus Travels. Please familiarise yourself with the Exodus Travels payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Bari (Italy)
- 55 km
- Matera (Italy)
- 55 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 8 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 21 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 83 km
- Gallipoli (Italy)
- 44 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 36 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 140 km
- Bari (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,949 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,014 tours in Europe
- covered by 567 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cycling Puglia & Matera