Cycling Puglia & Matera
- Our saving
- US $ 1,474
- +7 Destinations
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- ALAvrilWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We thoroughly enjoyed our cycle tour. Most hotels were comfy and we had great nights out for supper where Antonio Desantis booked when we arrived in a new place. Antonio was a friendly, sincere young man who had a lot of responsibility taking care of us. He... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on October 16, 20133.0 - Average
Lovely villages especially Matera and Otranto. It was an expensive holiday as there were no lunches/dinners provided. According to the Exodus write-up you would only need approximately
- AnonymousWritten on October 9, 20134.0 - Good
Generally good trip with excellent and thoughtful guide. However due to the size of the group two guides may have been more appropriate, considering the rather expensive cost of the trip in total. beautiful scenery good company and the right level of... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on May 26, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was a fabulous trip that really exceeded my expectations. I knew that the region would be very nice but it was just stunning and the countryside was beautiful to cycle through. The accommodation was really lovely also...especially in MateraWhat was the... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on May 12, 20134.0 - Good
This was a really enjoyable cycling holiday: the roads chosen were predominatly little trafficked by cars, the countryside was a lush green, with roadsides and fields covered in masses of wildflowers, the villages and towns presenting aspects ranging from... Read more
- AnonymousWritten on May 10, 20135.0 - Excellent
Perfect spring cycling, beautiful scenery, wonderful foodWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Visiting the caves (sassi) in Matera, cycling through the countryside around Alberobello with fields of red poppies surrounding white trullis and... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Matera.
- Day 2: Ride past the historic 'Sassi' houses of Matera before heading to Alberobello.
- Day 3: Cycle through the lush Valle d'Itria, past the picturesque fairytale trulli houses to the hilltop-town of Ostuni.
- Day 4: Ride through quaint villages and country lanes to a typical Masseria - a renovated farmhouse - where we spend the night.
- Day 5: Cycle to the coast and swim in the crystal clear sea before continuing towards Gallipoli with its old town situated on a rocky island.
- Day 6: Follow stunning stretch of coastline leading to the ancient town of Otranto.
- Day 7: Continue along the shoreline to the beautiful Baroque city of Lecce.
- Day 8: End Lecce.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Exodus People - Marinella's Story
- Exodus People - Marinella
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we visit any of the caves?
We do not offer a visit to the Caves on this itinerary.
What are distances per day?
Daily distance in km/miles below:
What is included in the tour price?
All transport and listed activities
Tour leader throughout
Local bike hire - a 27 speed bike included in the trip price
7 nights in comfortable charming hotels
6 days cycling with 100% vehicle support
99% tarmac, with one very short section of gravel
Quiet roads with a few ascents and descent
All breakfasts included
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Dennis, 75 years old31st October 2018
Cycling Puglia & Matera
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayApr 7, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to Bari7 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to Bari8 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayMay 5, 2019to Bari8 seats left$313$1,825-17%USD $1,512
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Bari8 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Bari5 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Bari5 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Bari8 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Bari8 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Bari8 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Bari8 DaysSundayJun 30, 2019to Bari8 seats left$314$1,855-17%USD $1,541
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Bari.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 January 2019 the full payment of $1,474 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1474 for Cycling Puglia & Matera, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bari (Italy)
- 55 km
- Matera (Italy)
- 55 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 8 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 21 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 83 km
- Gallipoli (Italy)
- 44 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 36 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 140 km
- Bari (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,474 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,535 tours in Europe
- covered by 274 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cycling Puglia & Matera