Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring
- Our saving
- US $ 1,119
- Singapore City
- Colorful Bangkok life along the canals
- Hiking trails of Cameron Highlands
- Batu Cave under a limestone hill
- Peranakan shophouses in historic Melaka
- The Night Safari in Singapore
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Bungalow, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Mini-coach, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- TTomWritten on July 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on this trip. As others have mentioned, you could probably do the same trip for cheaper by yourself. However, as a first time traveller, having everything organised for you and all transport sorted was great. It removed all the stress from travelling and was worth the extra money. My tour guide Amy was outstanding. She gave everyone the freedom to either eat and hang out as a group or do our own thing. We always ate at cheap restaurants which was great as it saved money for activities. I'd recommend this for anyone travelling for the first time. After you can always travel by yourself and explore more.Show detailed ratings
- CChristopherWritten on June 30, 20174.0 - GoodGreat tour!! A little bit of everything! 3 countries and lots to see!!Show detailed ratings
- SimaWritten on March 24, 20172.0 - Rather poorWhen I first told my parents I wanted to travel through Asia by myself, they were terrified. So to ease their fears I booked a tour. I’d heard of G Adventure from different travelers that loved its open layout, focus on sustainability and group activities. So I just booked On a Shoestring from Bangkok to Singapore. I had a lot of fun on the trip and hope the friendships I made will continue. Hopefully, I’ll make my way to Melbourne to visit the girls I met. Some of the highlights were island hopping, trekking to large fungi, seeing the view from the Heli bar, partying in Kuala Lumpur, and seeing the Super Grove at night. Despite having amazing experiences, I would not do a G Adventure Tour again. When I broke down the fees I was paying $107 a day to be on the tour with the only things included some breakfasts, hotels, transportation, a snorkel trip, street food tour (which we never got) and our guide (ours happened to be subpar). I had to pay out of pocket for all other activities. It was kind of nice to choose but wasn’t cost effective. My other issue is the guide kept taking us to expensive restaurants that were pretty Americanized. He pressured us to eat in a group and when we suggested not going to the restaurant he seemed upset. So I spent more money on food than I ever would have on my own. If I had paid out of pocket it would have come to about $42 a day. And it would have come out to be less on my own because I would have stayed in hostels. Not only that my tour guide was trying to say he was only paid $25 a day which makes no sense, we were still required to tip and the guide wasn’t very helpful. My guide was pretty rude, unhelpful and incompetent. I would only suggest this tour style if you either don’t have time to plan your trip or you feel uncomfortable on your own. However even then the fact that most activities and food were not included it just doesn’t seem worth it. I’d probably try a different type of tour.Show detailed ratings
- HhavaWritten on February 27, 20162.0 - Rather poorThe tour guide (Ann) was amazing, we were a small group of 8people, 7girls and 1guy which was fantastic because in this way you get to know everybody, everything was going well untill we reach Kuala Lumpur where I have been bitten by BED BUGS in the hotel where we stayed. I contact the company and they were not much apologetic. Nearly a month has gone by and I am still scratching and after have my holidays ruined I have to deal with the problem with nothing more than a sorry. I understand that they need to keep down the prices but probably this tour is far too cheap. I have been left with scars all over my body. F***k you very much!Show detailed ratings
- MadeleineWritten on August 30, 20154.5 - ExcellentDo this trip and discover Malaysia! A secret gem of SE Asia, Malaysia is beyond beautiful, from the street art of Penang to the green of the tea plantations as the sun rises. And the food will rock your taste buds time and time again, whether it's Indian or Chinese or Thai or Malaysian, Malaysia will have the cream of the crop.Show detailed ratings
- MartinaWritten on December 3, 20124.5 - ExcellentI had amazing trip, I met a lot new people and seen great places. I didn't like hotel in Langkawi and breakfast was very poor. Our tour guide Waza is the best. Thanks very much.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Bangkok
- Day 2 Bangkok/Surat Thani (1B)
- Day 3 Surat Thani/Koh Samui
- Day 4 Koh Samui (1B, 1L)
- Day 5 Koh Samui (1B)
- Day 6 Koh Samui/George Town (1B)
- Day 7 George Town
- Day 8 George Town/Cameron Highlands
- Day 9 Cameron Highlands
- Day 10 Cameron Highlands/Kuala Lumpur
- Day 11 Kuala Lumpur
- Day 12 Kuala Lumpur/Melaka
- Day 13 Melaka/Singapore
- Day 14 Singapore (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
What is the name and neighborhood of the hotel where we'll be staying in Bangkok?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
- February 1, 2016
Are there transfers available to and from the tour?
Arrival transfers are available to book in advance for this tour.
162 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their G Adventures Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 23rd December 20171 comment"Seems ages away but anyone booked on this yet? "
- Departs 13th January 20182 comments":)"+1
- Departs 10th February 20181 comment"Anyone doing this?"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tom, 72 years old20th April 2017
Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- MondayOct 23, 2017from BangkokSundayNov 5, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,11910+ spaces left
- ThursdayOct 26, 2017from BangkokWednesdayNov 8, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,11910+ spaces left
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from BangkokFridayNov 10, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,1199 spaces left
- MondayOct 30, 2017from BangkokSundayNov 12, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,119Only 1 space left
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from BangkokFridayNov 17, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,119Only 1 space left
- MondayNov 6, 2017from BangkokSundayNov 19, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,119Only 1 space left
- SaturdayNov 11, 2017from BangkokFridayNov 24, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,119Only 1 space left
- MondayNov 13, 2017from BangkokSundayNov 26, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,1194 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from BangkokFridayDec 1, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$35PriceUSD $1,3990 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayNov 20, 2017from BangkokSundayDec 3, 2017in Singapore CityOur saving$308Price$1,399-20%USD $1,1199 spaces leftInstant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Singapore City is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 December 2017 the full payment of $1,119 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1119 for Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 452 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
- 25 km
- Koh Samui (Thailand)
- 119 km
- Nakhon Si Thammarat (Thailand)
- 357 km
- Penang (Malaysia)
- 131 km
- Cameron Highlands (Malaysia)
- 154 km
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- 122 km
- Melaka (Malaysia)
- 205 km
- Singapore City (Singapore)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,119 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,849 tours in Asia
- covered by 136 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 162 travellers have already met
before they left for Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring