Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring
- Our saving
- US $ 1,104
- Singapore City
- Colorful Bangkok life along the canals
- Hiking trails of Cameron Highlands
- Batu Cave under a limestone hill
- Peranakan shophouses in historic Melaka
- The Night Safari in Singapore
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Bungalow, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Mini-coach, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- LPLukeWritten on December 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was excellently planned and the accommodation was very good for the price. Our guide Ron had great English communication skills and a vast knowledge of each location providing great recommendations for affordable places to eat and activities to do. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone willing to experience the best SE Asia has to offer.Show detailed ratings
- KDKyronWritten on December 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was everything I hoped for plus more. Half the places we went to I had never heard of before but was pleasantly surprised when we got there, and not once was there a boring time or place. Transport was good, tour guide was great and the countries were fantastic. What I liked the most about the trip was the diverse settings of each stop, with them all being unique to each other.Show detailed ratings
- JFJoshuaWritten on December 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely loved this trip and would definitely recommend it to anybody who likes travelling to a few different places! Our tour guide took us to the best spots to eat and see things in each location and was very knowledgable. So easy to not worry about accomodation or transport. Will definitely travel with G Adventures again!Show detailed ratings
- TTomWritten on July 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on this trip. As others have mentioned, you could probably do the same trip for cheaper by yourself. However, as a first time traveller, having everything organised for you and all transport sorted was great. It removed all the stress from travelling and was worth the extra money. My tour guide Amy was outstanding. She gave everyone the freedom to either eat and hang out as a group or do our own thing. We always ate at cheap restaurants which was great as it saved money for activities. I'd recommend this for anyone travelling for the first time. After you can always travel by yourself and explore more.Show detailed ratings
- CChristopherWritten on June 30, 20174.0 - GoodGreat tour!! A little bit of everything! 3 countries and lots to see!!Show detailed ratings
- SimaWritten on March 24, 20172.0 - Rather poorWhen I first told my parents I wanted to travel through Asia by myself, they were terrified. So to ease their fears I booked a tour. I’d heard of G Adventure from different travelers that loved its open layout, focus on sustainability and group activities. So I just booked On a Shoestring from Bangkok to Singapore. I had a lot of fun on the trip and hope the friendships I made will continue. Hopefully, I’ll make my way to Melbourne to visit the girls I met. Some of the highlights were island hopping, trekking to large fungi, seeing the view from the Heli bar, partying in Kuala Lumpur, and seeing the Super Grove at night. Despite having amazing experiences, I would not do a G Adventure Tour again. When I broke down the fees I was paying $107 a day to be on the tour with the only things included some breakfasts, hotels, transportation, a snorkel trip, street food tour (which we never got) and our guide (ours happened to be subpar). I had to pay out of pocket for all other activities. It was kind of nice to choose but wasn’t cost effective. My other issue is the guide kept taking us to expensive restaurants that were pretty Americanized. He pressured us to eat in a group and when we suggested not going to the restaurant he seemed upset. So I spent more money on food than I ever would have on my own. If I had paid out of pocket it would have come to about $42 a day. And it would have come out to be less on my own because I would have stayed in hostels. Not only that my tour guide was trying to say he was only paid $25 a day which makes no sense, we were still required to tip and the guide wasn’t very helpful. My guide was pretty rude, unhelpful and incompetent. I would only suggest this tour style if you either don’t have time to plan your trip or you feel uncomfortable on your own. However even then the fact that most activities and food were not included it just doesn’t seem worth it. I’d probably try a different type of tour.Show detailed ratings
- HhavaWritten on February 27, 20162.0 - Rather poorThe tour guide (Ann) was amazing, we were a small group of 8people, 7girls and 1guy which was fantastic because in this way you get to know everybody, everything was going well untill we reach Kuala Lumpur where I have been bitten by BED BUGS in the hotel where we stayed. I contact the company and they were not much apologetic. Nearly a month has gone by and I am still scratching and after have my holidays ruined I have to deal with the problem with nothing more than a sorry. I understand that they need to keep down the prices but probably this tour is far too cheap. I have been left with scars all over my body. F***k you very much!Show detailed ratings
- MadeleineWritten on August 30, 20154.5 - ExcellentDo this trip and discover Malaysia! A secret gem of SE Asia, Malaysia is beyond beautiful, from the street art of Penang to the green of the tea plantations as the sun rises. And the food will rock your taste buds time and time again, whether it's Indian or Chinese or Thai or Malaysian, Malaysia will have the cream of the crop.Show detailed ratings
- MartinaWritten on December 3, 20124.5 - ExcellentI had amazing trip, I met a lot new people and seen great places. I didn't like hotel in Langkawi and breakfast was very poor. Our tour guide Waza is the best. Thanks very much.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Bangkok
- Day 2 Bangkok/Surat Thani (1B)
- Day 3 Surat Thani/Khao Sok (1B)
- Day 4 Khao Sok/Koh Samui
- Day 5 Koh Samui (1B, 1L)
- Day 6 Koh Samui/George Town (1B)
- Day 7 George Town
- Day 8 George Town/Chenderoh Lake (1D)
- Day 9 Chenderoh Lake/Cameron Highlands (1B)
- Day 10 Cameron Highlands/Kuala Lumpur
- Day 11 Kuala Lumpur
- Day 12 Kuala Lumpur/Melaka
- Day 13 Melaka/Singapore
- Day 14 Singapore (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
What is the name and neighborhood of the hotel where we'll be staying in Bangkok?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
- February 1, 2016
Are there transfers available to and from the tour?
Arrival transfers are available to book in advance for this tour.
176 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 26th March 20181 comment"Hi, Anybody else doing this trip starting 26th March 2018? Sam."
- Departs 31st March 20181 comment"Hello! Anyone else on this trip? "
- Departs 11th April 20184 comments"Hello! I start on the 11th of April, travelling solo! would be great to meet anyone going!"
- Departs 12th April 20181 comment"Hello! I'm solo travelling on this trip be great to meet people "
- Departs 10th May 201811 comments"Anyone else doing this tour? Also if you are will you be staying in Bangkok for any pre nights? :) "
- Departs 30th July 20181 comment"Bit of an impulse decision but I’m a single female teacher traveller escaping in the school holidays!"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Johanna30th January 2018
Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- SaturdayFeb 24, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayMar 9, 2018to Singapore City10+ seats left$228$1,329-15%USD $1,130
- MondayFeb 26, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysSundayMar 11, 2018to Singapore City9 seats left$228$1,329-15%USD $1,130
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayMar 16, 2018to Singapore CityOnly 3 seats left$222$1,299-15%USD $1,104
- MondayMar 5, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to Singapore City0 seats left$32USD $1,299Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayMar 23, 2018to Singapore City6 seats left$222$1,299-15%USD $1,104
- TuesdayMar 13, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysMondayMar 26, 2018to Singapore City9 seats left$222$1,299-15%USD $1,104
- ThursdayMar 15, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysWednesdayMar 28, 2018to Singapore City8 seats left$222$1,299-15%USD $1,104
- MondayMar 19, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Singapore CityOnly 2 seats left$222$1,299-15%USD $1,104Book Now Hold my
- ThursdayMar 22, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysWednesdayApr 4, 2018to Singapore CityOnly 3 seats left$222$1,299-15%USD $1,104Book Now Hold my
- MondayMar 26, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Singapore City0 seats left$32USD $1,299Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Singapore City is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 April 2018 the full payment of $1,104 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1104 for Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 452 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
- 25 km
- Koh Samui (Thailand)
- 119 km
- Nakhon Si Thammarat (Thailand)
- 357 km
- Penang (Malaysia)
- 131 km
- Cameron Highlands (Malaysia)
- 154 km
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- 122 km
- Melaka (Malaysia)
- 205 km
- Singapore City (Singapore)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,104 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,342 tours in Asia
- covered by 157 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring