Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring
- Our saving
- US $ 997
- Singapore City
- Colorful Bangkok life along the canals
- Hiking trails of Cameron Highlands
- Batu Cave under a limestone hill
- Peranakan shophouses in historic Melaka
- The Night Safari in Singapore
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Bungalow, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Mini-coach, Ferry
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- AMAlexandriaWritten on February 27, 20183.5 - GoodI had a blast on this trip, but it was not at all what I expected. Good: The places we went were truly amazing. We saw so much in so little time and while at times exhausting, I enjoyed getting to see so much. The people I met were really amazing. I still keep in touch with people in my group and plan to travel with them again in the future. Bad: This trip really showed me how important it is to have a good CEO to know whats going on. Our CEO was not on top of it with getting information to us and giving us details about the places we traveled to which made things a little difficult. I have been reassured that most guides aren't like this but just be sure to do your research and read through the full itinerary before you go. The other thing to know is the things provided are either a little hyped up in the description or non existent. For example we never received any street food crawls, and the snorkeling trip in Thailand had no snorkeling. The only thing you can be guaranteed that is paid for is travel and accommodation.Show detailed ratings
- LPLukeWritten on December 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was excellently planned and the accommodation was very good for the price. Our guide Ron had great English communication skills and a vast knowledge of each location providing great recommendations for affordable places to eat and activities to do. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone willing to experience the best SE Asia has to offer.Show detailed ratings
- KDKyronWritten on December 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was everything I hoped for plus more. Half the places we went to I had never heard of before but was pleasantly surprised when we got there, and not once was there a boring time or place. Transport was good, tour guide was great and the countries were fantastic. What I liked the most about the trip was the diverse settings of each stop, with them all being unique to each other.Show detailed ratings
- JFJoshuaWritten on December 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely loved this trip and would definitely recommend it to anybody who likes travelling to a few different places! Our tour guide took us to the best spots to eat and see things in each location and was very knowledgable. So easy to not worry about accomodation or transport. Will definitely travel with G Adventures again!Show detailed ratings
- TTomWritten on July 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had a fantastic time on this trip. As others have mentioned, you could probably do the same trip for cheaper by yourself. However, as a first time traveller, having everything organised for you and all transport sorted was great. It removed all the stress from travelling and was worth the extra money. My tour guide Amy was outstanding. She gave everyone the freedom to either eat and hang out as a group or do our own thing. We always ate at cheap restaurants which was great as it saved money for activities. I'd recommend this for anyone travelling for the first time. After you can always travel by yourself and explore more.Show detailed ratings
- CChristopherWritten on June 30, 20174.0 - GoodGreat tour!! A little bit of everything! 3 countries and lots to see!!Show detailed ratings
- SimaWritten on March 24, 20172.0 - Rather poorWhen I first told my parents I wanted to travel through Asia by myself, they were terrified. So to ease their fears I booked a tour. I’d heard of G Adventure from different travelers that loved its open layout, focus on sustainability and group activities. So I just booked On a Shoestring from Bangkok to Singapore. I had a lot of fun on the trip and hope the friendships I made will continue. Hopefully, I’ll make my way to Melbourne to visit the girls I met. Some of the highlights were island hopping, trekking to large fungi, seeing the view from the Heli bar, partying in Kuala Lumpur, and seeing the Super Grove at night. Despite having amazing experiences, I would not do a G Adventure Tour again. When I broke down the fees I was paying $107 a day to be on the tour with the only things included some breakfasts, hotels, transportation, a snorkel trip, street food tour (which we never got) and our guide (ours happened to be subpar). I had to pay out of pocket for all other activities. It was kind of nice to choose but wasn’t cost effective. My other issue is the guide kept taking us to expensive restaurants that were pretty Americanized. He pressured us to eat in a group and when we suggested not going to the restaurant he seemed upset. So I spent more money on food than I ever would have on my own. If I had paid out of pocket it would have come to about $42 a day. And it would have come out to be less on my own because I would have stayed in hostels. Not only that my tour guide was trying to say he was only paid $25 a day which makes no sense, we were still required to tip and the guide wasn’t very helpful. My guide was pretty rude, unhelpful and incompetent. I would only suggest this tour style if you either don’t have time to plan your trip or you feel uncomfortable on your own. However even then the fact that most activities and food were not included it just doesn’t seem worth it. I’d probably try a different type of tour.Show detailed ratings
- HhavaWritten on February 27, 20162.0 - Rather poorThe tour guide (Ann) was amazing, we were a small group of 8people, 7girls and 1guy which was fantastic because in this way you get to know everybody, everything was going well untill we reach Kuala Lumpur where I have been bitten by BED BUGS in the hotel where we stayed. I contact the company and they were not much apologetic. Nearly a month has gone by and I am still scratching and after have my holidays ruined I have to deal with the problem with nothing more than a sorry. I understand that they need to keep down the prices but probably this tour is far too cheap. I have been left with scars all over my body. F***k you very much!Show detailed ratings
- MadeleineWritten on August 30, 20154.5 - ExcellentDo this trip and discover Malaysia! A secret gem of SE Asia, Malaysia is beyond beautiful, from the street art of Penang to the green of the tea plantations as the sun rises. And the food will rock your taste buds time and time again, whether it's Indian or Chinese or Thai or Malaysian, Malaysia will have the cream of the crop.Show detailed ratings
- MartinaWritten on December 3, 20124.5 - ExcellentI had amazing trip, I met a lot new people and seen great places. I didn't like hotel in Langkawi and breakfast was very poor. Our tour guide Waza is the best. Thanks very much.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Bangkok
- Day 2 Bangkok/Surat Thani (1B)
- Day 3 Surat Thani/Khao Sok
- Day 4 Khao Sok/Koh Samui (1B)
- Day 5 Koh Samui (1B, 1L)
- Day 6 Koh Samui/George Town (1B)
- Day 7 George Town
- Day 8 George Town/Chenderoh Lake (1D)
- Day 9 Chenderoh Lake/Cameron Highlands (1B)
- Day 10 Cameron Highlands/Kuala Lumpur
- Day 11 Kuala Lumpur
- Day 12 Kuala Lumpur/Melaka
- Day 13 Melaka/Singapore
- Day 14 Singapore (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
On this tour, you will be staying in single-sex multi-share accommodations with 2-6 of your fellow travellers, so a single supplement is, unfortunately, not available.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Hotel Bencoolen (or similar) in Singapore. There are no activities planned on the last day of the tour, so you are free to depart at any time. Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Bangkok Centre Hotel (or similar) in Bangkok anytime during the day. Feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group at around 6 pm. Please be aware that the joining point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Singapore City7 seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Singapore City6 seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Singapore CityOnly 3 seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Singapore City9 seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Singapore City7 seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to Singapore City10+ seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997
- MondayOct 15, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Singapore CityOnly 1 seat left$301$1,299-23%USD $997Book Now Hold my
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to Singapore City10+ seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Singapore CityOnly 2 seats left$301$1,299-23%USD $997Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Bangkok14 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Singapore City0 seats left$53USD $1,276Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand and Malaysia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Singapore City is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 November 2018 the full payment of $997 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $997 for Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 452 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
- 25 km
- Koh Samui (Thailand)
- 119 km
- Nakhon Si Thammarat (Thailand)
- 341 km
- Penang (Malaysia)
- 166 km
- Cameron Highlands (Malaysia)
- 154 km
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- 122 km
- Melaka (Malaysia)
- 205 km
- Singapore City (Singapore)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $997 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,869 tours in Asia
- covered by 287 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Bangkok to Singapore on a Shoestring