Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,804
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Spend a night in an incredible mountain monastery
- Visit the sacred island of Miyajima and see the torii gate
- Take a walk in the geisha district of Gion
- Soak in the natural hot springs in Hakone
- Savour local Japanese food and travel by bullet train
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail, Christmas & New Year
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Osaka
- Day 2: Osaka/Kōyasan (1B, 1D)
- Day 3: Kōyasan/Hiroshima (1B)
- Day 4: Hiroshima
- Day 5: Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 6: Kyoto
- Day 7: Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8: Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9: Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- DeborahWritten on October 11, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent tour to give a great taste of Japan. The tour guide Miki gave us a wonderful glimpse into her culture and the daily life. The different foods the different accommodation made it an interesting tourReview collected by G Adventures
- SarahWritten on October 2, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Good variety of locations and activities. “Extra” options and activities guide provided was a big plus!Review collected by G Adventures
- FabianWritten on October 2, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was very well organized and we had a lot of great, new and unforgettable experiences.Review collected by G Adventures
- NancyWritten on September 10, 20193.5 - Good
It is the first time i have done a tour without a van or bus as transportation for the tour. This tour uses all public transportation so often had to take luggage with you and handle yourself.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Nancy.Review collected by G Adventures
- NellWritten on July 24, 20195.0 - Excellent
One of the best guides I have had with gadventure outstandingShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Nell.Review collected by G Adventures
- EIElenaWritten on May 26, 20195.0 - Excellent
Fantastic journey! G adventures program was excellent and we enjoyed every moment!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHappy to hear it - thanks Elena.
- KNKarenWritten on May 24, 20194.5 - Excellent
made great friends very nice tripShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHappy to hear it, thank you Karen.
- ESErnestoWritten on May 9, 20195.0 - Excellent
Our tour, guide, itinerary and group members were all amazing, we had such a fantastic time. Kiriko was an outstanding CEO who had the best manner and enthusiasm for her job and her country, it was an absolute pleasure touring with her and the groupShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewKiriko is a gem - agreed! Thanks for the review Ernesto.
- LKLynsayWritten on May 6, 20195.0 - Excellent
Everything I was hoping for! Great group, great guide, great tripShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Happy to hear it Lynday.
- CDColinWritten on May 2, 20195.0 - Excellent
I loved every minute Keiji was an excellent CEO and gave us all such attention - he explained so much but kept it to the individual level of interest for each topic. He looked after us so well and gave us a real window into life, history, culture, and... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy to hear it - thanks Colin.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many meals are included?
3 breakfasts and 2 dinners are included on this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen or similar in Toyko and you are free to depart at any time. It's time to say farewell to Japan and your new friends, at the end of an amazing tour! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Mt. Misen Visit. Price: Free - 1800 JPY per person
Philosopher's Walk. Price: Free
Zen Gardens of Ryōan-ji. Price: 500 JPY per person
Ueno Park Visit. Price: Free - 500 JPY per person
Akihabara Visit. Price: Free
Harajuku Visit. Price: Free
Ginza Shopping. Price: Free
Imperial Palace East Gardens Walk. Price: Free
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
- "My name is Chuom Cheak. I am a licensed tour guide in Angkor Archaeological Park. I have been working..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gail30th September 2019
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- June 2021
- July 2021
- August 2021
- September 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
- WednesdayOct 30, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayNov 7, 2019to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$90USD $3,599
- FridayNov 1, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayNov 9, 2019to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$90USD $3,599
- WednesdayNov 6, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayNov 14, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$90USD $3,599
- FridayNov 8, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayNov 16, 2019to Tokyo5 seats left$90USD $3,599
- WednesdayNov 13, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayNov 21, 2019to Tokyo7 seats left$616$3,599-15%USD $3,059
- FridayNov 15, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayNov 23, 2019to Tokyo4 seats left$616$3,599-15%USD $3,059Book Now Hold my
- WednesdayNov 20, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayNov 28, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$82USD $3,299
- FridayNov 22, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayNov 30, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$82USD $3,299
- FridayNov 29, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayDec 7, 2019to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$82USD $3,299Book Now Hold my
- FridayDec 6, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayDec 14, 2019to Tokyo6 seats left$565$3,299-15%USD $2,804
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 22 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 December 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,804 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 13,217 tours in Asia
- covered by 881 different operators in Asia
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 42 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo