Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,649
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Spend a night in an incredible mountain monastery
- Visit the sacred island of Miyajima and see the torii gate
- Take a walk in the geisha district of Gion
- Soak in the natural hot springs in Hakone
- Savour local Japanese food and travel by bullet train
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- HCHelenWritten on December 28, 20184.5 - Excellent
Our CEO Keiji Katayama was fantastic he went above and beyond his duties. He always suggested meal options and in fact he booked restaurants to show case specific specialties and every time the whole group wanted to go. He suggested places of interest for... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHumbled by these kind words - thank you Helen. Our world deserves more you.
- JasonWritten on December 18, 20184.5 - Excellent
Keiji is a fantastic CEO. Great enthusiasm and very organized.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Jason, we do appreciate it.
- CRChristianWritten on December 2, 20185.0 - Excellent
Excellent way to visit multiple cities if you never been in the country before. Meals were great and the places we went to were very accomodating.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWonderful - thank you Christian!
- GlennWritten on November 2, 20185.0 - Excellent
Great tour of Osaka, Koyasen, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Hokone and Tokyo! This tour hit's most of the well known and coveted places to see in Japan! I highly recommend this tour if it is your first time visiting the country! Each of the places had it's own micro... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed and honest review here Glenn - we do appreciate it. Thank you!
- BhavikWritten on October 30, 20184.0 - Good
I really enjoyed the tour. Mayumi was amazing! She helped me catch up with the group after they had already left Osaka (due to a missed connection flight). I even got on the wrong bullet train but made my way back to the group (that was a fun experience).... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed and honest review Bhavik, we do appreciate it.
- TBTimWritten on October 23, 20184.5 - Excellent
We had a great guide and group of people. I had been skeptical about group tours before but if they are like the one I did then no problems.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWe appreciate the review!
- davidWritten on October 17, 20184.0 - Good
Mayumi was excellent. But trip was far too strenuous for us. It says 8-80 year olds. No more like 50 only. We walked at least 4 hours each day. Also accommodation was poor in most hotels. Toldxwe would not sleep on floor at Buddhist temple but we... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review David.
- DDavidirvineWritten on October 16, 20184.0 - Good
The real issue with this tour is that it really is beyond the capacities of anybody with fitness issues. A minimum of 4hrs walking each day would be hard for the average 70 yr old. Also extra costs as we had to send bags at our cost to forward hotels as it... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed and honest review David.
- DorieWritten on October 4, 20181.0 - Bad
To clarify, I did not take this tour but needed to fill out something to make a comment. I wanted to comment on their policy regarding the non-refundable deposit. I paid $250 deposit for a tour in March. I made it 6 months before the tour was supposed to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review. Apprecite the frustrations, and to add context from our side we do incur costs when the booking is made which is why the depsoit is non refundable. Rather than keeping it, we do allow your deposit to be a Lifetime Deposit that can be used toward a future trip with us. You also have the options of gifting it to a family member or friend, or converting it to a charitable donation to Planeterra. Please reach out to 'email@example.com' if this is something you would like to pursue.
- TasenkaWritten on September 13, 20184.5 - Excellent
Expect to be excited, fascinated, and exhausted! You will see many of the major highlights of Japan, though will be pressed to squeeze in everything you want. Keep this in mind, know that you will have to prioritize, that you can’t do it all in the time of... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this review"Expect to be excited, fascinated, and exhausted!" That might just become a new promotional line for us! Thanks for the review, and thanks for travelling with us.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Osaka
- Day 2 Osaka/Kōyasan (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Kōyasan/Hiroshima-shi (1B)
- Day 4 Hiroshima-shi
- Day 5 Hiroshima-shi/Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8 Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9 Tokyo
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many meals are included?
3 breakfasts and 2 dinners are included on this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen or similar in Toyko and you are free to depart at any time. It's time to say farewell to Japan and your new friends, at the end of an amazing tour! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Mt. Misen Visit. Price: Free - 1800 JPY per person
Philosopher's Walk. Price: Free
Zen Gardens of Ryōan-ji. Price: 500 JPY per person
Ueno Park Visit. Price: Free - 500 JPY per person
Akihabara Visit. Price: Free
Harajuku Visit. Price: Free
Ginza Shopping. Price: Free
Imperial Palace East Gardens Walk. Price: Free
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
- "My name is Chuom Cheak. I am a licensed tour guide in Angkor Archaeological Park. I have been working..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Eleanor G4th February 2018
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- FridayMar 8, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayMar 16, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- WednesdayMar 13, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayMar 21, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- FridayMar 15, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSundayMar 24, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$144USD $3,455
- WednesdayMar 20, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayMar 28, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$144USD $3,455
- FridayMar 22, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$144USD $3,455
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$144USD $3,455
- WednesdayMar 27, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$144USD $3,455
- FridayMar 29, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayApr 6, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$144USD $3,455
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSundayApr 7, 2019to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$144USD $3,455Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 April 2019 the full payment of $2,649 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2649 for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,649 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,509 tours in Asia
- covered by 536 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 29 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo