Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,804
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Spend a night in an incredible mountain monastery
- Visit the sacred island of Miyajima and see the torii gate
- Take a walk in the geisha district of Gion
- Soak in the natural hot springs in Hakone
- Savour local Japanese food and travel by bullet train
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- GlennWritten on November 2, 20185.0 - Excellent
Great tour of Osaka, Koyasen, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Hokone and Tokyo! This tour hit's most of the well known and coveted places to see in Japan! I highly recommend this tour if it is your first time visiting the country! Each of the places had it's own micro... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed and honest review here Glenn - we do appreciate it. Thank you!
- AAnonymousWritten on October 30, 20184.5 - Excellent
testing the review sustem on tours radarShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewreceived?
- BhavikWritten on October 30, 20184.0 - Good
I really enjoyed the tour. Mayumi was amazing! She helped me catch up with the group after they had already left Osaka (due to a missed connection flight). I even got on the wrong bullet train but made my way back to the group (that was a fun experience).... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed and honest review Bhavik, we do appreciate it.
- TBTimWritten on October 23, 20184.5 - Excellent
We had a great guide and group of people. I had been skeptical about group tours before but if they are like the one I did then no problems.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWe appreciate the review!
- davidWritten on October 17, 20184.0 - Good
Mayumi was excellent. But trip was far too strenuous for us. It says 8-80 year olds. No more like 50 only. We walked at least 4 hours each day. Also accommodation was poor in most hotels. Toldxwe would not sleep on floor at Buddhist temple but we... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review David.
- DDavidirvineWritten on October 16, 20184.0 - Good
The real issue with this tour is that it really is beyond the capacities of anybody with fitness issues. A minimum of 4hrs walking each day would be hard for the average 70 yr old. Also extra costs as we had to send bags at our cost to forward hotels as it... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed and honest review David.
- DorieWritten on October 4, 20181.0 - Bad
To clarify, I did not take this tour but needed to fill out something to make a comment. I wanted to comment on their policy regarding the non-refundable deposit. I paid $250 deposit for a tour in March. I made it 6 months before the tour was supposed to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review. Apprecite the frustrations, and to add context from our side we do incur costs when the booking is made which is why the depsoit is non refundable. Rather than keeping it, we do allow your deposit to be a Lifetime Deposit that can be used toward a future trip with us. You also have the options of gifting it to a family member or friend, or converting it to a charitable donation to Planeterra. Please reach out to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' if this is something you would like to pursue.
- TasenkaWritten on September 13, 20184.5 - Excellent
Expect to be excited, fascinated, and exhausted! You will see many of the major highlights of Japan, though will be pressed to squeeze in everything you want. Keep this in mind, know that you will have to prioritize, that you can’t do it all in the time of... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this review"Expect to be excited, fascinated, and exhausted!" That might just become a new promotional line for us! Thanks for the review, and thanks for travelling with us.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 4, 20184.5 - Excellent
Great fast paced trip that included the big ticket tourist musts of JapanShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy you enjoyed - Japan has so much to offer. Thanks for the review, and thanks for travelling with us!
- RogerWritten on August 28, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour provided a tremendous amount of insight into the Japanese culture. Our guide, Mack Moriya, was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the tour. The visit to Mt. Koya was much more spiritual and impactful than what we had imagined it to be ... a... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy you experienced the most of Japan. Thanks for travelling the world with us!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Osaka
- Day 2 Osaka/Kōyasan (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Kōyasan/Hiroshima-shi (1B)
- Day 4 Hiroshima-shi
- Day 5 Hiroshima-shi/Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8 Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9 Tokyo
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many meals are included?
3 breakfasts and 2 dinners are included on this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen or similar in Toyko and you are free to depart at any time. It's time to say farewell to Japan and your new friends, at the end of an amazing tour! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Mt. Misen Visit. Price: Free - 1800 JPY per person
Philosopher's Walk. Price: Free
Zen Gardens of Ryōan-ji. Price: 500 JPY per person
Ueno Park Visit. Price: Free - 500 JPY per person
Akihabara Visit. Price: Free
Harajuku Visit. Price: Free
Ginza Shopping. Price: Free
Imperial Palace East Gardens Walk. Price: Free
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Barbara, 63 years old5th October 2018
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayDec 6, 2018to Tokyo9 seats left$864$3,599-20%USD $2,879
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayDec 17, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$165USD $3,299Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayDec 23, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayDec 31, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$165USD $3,299Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJan 18, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayJan 26, 2019to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$635$3,299-15%USD $2,804Book Now Hold my
- FridayFeb 1, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$165USD $3,299Book Now Hold my
- FridayFeb 15, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayFeb 23, 2019to Tokyo8 seats left$165USD $3,299
- FridayFeb 22, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayMar 2, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$635$3,299-15%USD $2,804
- FridayMar 8, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayMar 16, 2019to Tokyo9 seats left$165USD $3,299
- WednesdayMar 13, 2019from Osaka9 DaysThursdayMar 21, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$165USD $3,299
- FridayMar 15, 2019from Osaka9 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$165USD $3,299
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 January 2019 the full payment of $2,804 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2804 for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,804 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,422 tours in Asia
- covered by 342 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 26 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo