Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,759
- Learn all about Hiroshima
- Enjoy a locally cooked dinner
- Visit spectacular Nijo Castle
- Soak in natural hot springs
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- EEllaWritten on May 30, 20181.0 - Bad.........................................................Show detailed ratings
- AlexisWritten on May 29, 20184.0 - Good,n ökljklj lkj lkjkjköljljlShow detailed ratings
- JOjennyWritten on May 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentReview An effective time efficient and stress free multi-hit trip. Joyful vigorous recommendation. Good balance of activities/travelling with insider/fixer insight and free time for exploring. The lighter the bag the better, quite a bit of gentle walking and a handful of areas where stairs unavoidable. It might appeal if there was an option to choose a longer JR pass for adventures outside the tour period. I hesitated before booking a planned group trip but am really pleased I went for it. We did and saw so much and a nice side effect was getting to hang out with a great gang and very splendid tour leader. Akiko cared for our group with supremely helpful perceptive kind graceful deftness.Show detailed ratings
- CCChiWritten on May 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentTour was very much a highlights tour but more reason to come back. Matchy was excellent and so sincereShow detailed ratings
- AADWritten on April 28, 20184.0 - GoodWe saw really a lot within a short period of time.Show detailed ratings
- DSDebWritten on April 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentMayumi made the trip as wonderful as it was. The trip Was the perfect length for me. There was not a lot of time to rest on the trip, always on the go so that’s why I think the length was the right amount of time.Show detailed ratings
- LWritten on March 17, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a whirlwind of fun. Buses, trains, cablecars, monasteries, ryokans,and shared baths with strangers! I loved every minute of it! Mari, our CEO kept us on target with time and was a wealth of knowledge and energy. She loves what she does and it shows! I highly suggest you get to Osaka 2 or 3 nights prior because you do not spend much time there during the tour.Show detailed ratings
- YLYangWritten on December 8, 20174.5 - ExcellentMari-san was exceptional - always went out of her way to make sure we are taken care of.Show detailed ratings
- CJCoralieWritten on December 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentExperiences were well planned and diverse. They gave an amazing insight into Japanese culture Our tour guide Kumi was excellent. Her organisation skills and implementation of planning details were executed with precision and flexibility where needed. She was able to listen and help meet all requests.Show detailed ratings
- ALArnoWritten on November 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe schedule was great, the tour guide outstanding and both together made the trip an excellent introduction to JapanShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Osaka
- Day 2 Osaka/Kōyasan (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Kōyasan/Hiroshima (1B)
- Day 4 Hiroshima
- Day 5 Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8 Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9 Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen or similar in Toyko and you are free to depart at any time. It's time to say farewell to Japan and your new friends, at the end of an amazing tour! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Mt. Misen Visit. Price: Free - 1800 JPY per person
Philosopher's Walk. Price: Free
Zen Gardens of Ryōan-ji. Price: 500 JPY per person
Ueno Park Visit. Price: Free - 500 JPY per person
Akihabara Visit. Price: Free
Harajuku Visit. Price: Free
Ginza Shopping. Price: Free
Imperial Palace East Gardens Walk. Price: Free
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
What is the age range?
This tour has an age range of 12-70 years old, this means children under the age of 12 will not be eligible to participate in this tour. However, if you are over 70 years please contact us as you may be eligible to join the tour if you fill out G Adventures self-assessment form.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$86USD $3,449
- WednesdayAug 1, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$86USD $3,449Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$86USD $3,449
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayAug 20, 2018to Tokyo7 seats left$86USD $3,449
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayAug 27, 2018to Tokyo8 seats left$86USD $3,449
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondaySep 3, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$86USD $3,449
- WednesdayAug 29, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Tokyo7 seats left$86USD $3,449
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Tokyo9 seats left$86USD $3,449
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to TokyoOnly 2 seats left$86USD $3,449
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to TokyoOnly 2 seats left$86USD $3,449
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 September 2018 the full payment of $2,759 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2759 for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,759 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,049 tours in Asia
- covered by 235 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo