Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,533
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Spend a night in an incredible mountain monastery
- Visit the sacred island of Miyajima and see the torii gate
- Take a walk in the geisha district of Gion
- Soak in the natural hot springs in Hakone
- Savour local Japanese food and travel by bullet train
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- TasenkaWritten on September 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentExpect to be excited, fascinated, and exhausted! You will see many of the major highlights of Japan, though will be pressed to squeeze in everything you want. Keep this in mind, know that you will have to prioritize, that you can’t do it all in the time of the tour, and you will be fine. This is a fast-paced and busy tour. You will always be on the move, staying one night in all places except for a two night stay in Hiroshima. With short stays and free time, it helps to have done some research before about the locations so that you can quickly and easily make the most of your time. Your guide will make suggestions and can help with planning but they are not your babysitter and you will be on your own! Top 3 highlights of this tour for me: 1. Stay in Mt Koya monastery. Tranquil setting, interesting cultural lessons, and the delicate and simple deliciousness of shojin ryori cuisine. 2. The richness of Kyoto. Kyoto really has it all- gardens, temples/shrines, palaces, arts, food, and shopping. 3. The ryokan stay in Hakone. Beautiful rooms with a mixture of traditional Japanese inn and modern touches, relaxing onsen, and delicious kaiseki meal.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this review"Expect to be excited, fascinated, and exhausted!" That might just become a new promotional line for us! Thanks for the review, and thanks for travelling with us.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentGreat fast paced trip that included the big ticket tourist musts of JapanShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy you enjoyed - Japan has so much to offer. Thanks for the review, and thanks for travelling with us!
- RogerWritten on August 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour provided a tremendous amount of insight into the Japanese culture. Our guide, Mack Moriya, was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the tour. The visit to Mt. Koya was much more spiritual and impactful than what we had imagined it to be ... a truly great beginning to our week immersed in the Japanese experience. Our tour only had 6 people in it which made the interaction very personal and immediate. A person booking this tour should be prepared for a lot of walking each day and, if you are lucky enough to have Mack as your guide, he will be sure that all of your needs are met and your questions answered. All in all, this was a great experience for us.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy you experienced the most of Japan. Thanks for travelling the world with us!
- AnonymousWritten on August 2, 20184.0 - GoodGood g-adventures tour.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewWoo! Glad you had a great time!
- VBVictoriaWritten on July 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentMeiji presented Japanese culture excellently; led with patience, care, practicality!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for your Review, So glad you liked Meiji- our Japanese CEO's are some of the best!
- JOjennyWritten on May 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentReview An effective time efficient and stress free multi-hit trip. Joyful vigorous recommendation. Good balance of activities/travelling with insider/fixer insight and free time for exploring. The lighter the bag the better, quite a bit of gentle walking and a handful of areas where stairs unavoidable. It might appeal if there was an option to choose a longer JR pass for adventures outside the tour period. I hesitated before booking a planned group trip but am really pleased I went for it. We did and saw so much and a nice side effect was getting to hang out with a great gang and very splendid tour leader. Akiko cared for our group with supremely helpful perceptive kind graceful deftness.Show detailed ratings
- CCChiWritten on May 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentTour was very much a highlights tour but more reason to come back. Matchy was excellent and so sincereShow detailed ratings
- AADWritten on April 28, 20184.0 - GoodWe saw really a lot within a short period of time.Show detailed ratings
- DSDebWritten on April 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentMayumi made the trip as wonderful as it was. The trip Was the perfect length for me. There was not a lot of time to rest on the trip, always on the go so that’s why I think the length was the right amount of time.Show detailed ratings
- LWritten on March 17, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a whirlwind of fun. Buses, trains, cablecars, monasteries, ryokans,and shared baths with strangers! I loved every minute of it! Mari, our CEO kept us on target with time and was a wealth of knowledge and energy. She loves what she does and it shows! I highly suggest you get to Osaka 2 or 3 nights prior because you do not spend much time there during the tour.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Osaka
- Day 2 Osaka/Kōyasan (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Kōyasan/Hiroshima (1B)
- Day 4 Hiroshima
- Day 5 Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8 Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9 Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many meals are included?
3 breakfasts and 2 dinners are included on this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen or similar in Toyko and you are free to depart at any time. It's time to say farewell to Japan and your new friends, at the end of an amazing tour! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Mt. Misen Visit. Price: Free - 1800 JPY per person
Philosopher's Walk. Price: Free
Zen Gardens of Ryōan-ji. Price: 500 JPY per person
Ueno Park Visit. Price: Free - 500 JPY per person
Akihabara Visit. Price: Free
Harajuku Visit. Price: Free
Ginza Shopping. Price: Free
Imperial Palace East Gardens Walk. Price: Free
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$800$3,449-23%USD $2,649
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to TokyoOnly 2 seats left$800$3,449-23%USD $2,649
- WednesdayOct 17, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$835$3,599-23%USD $2,764
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Tokyo5 seats left$835$3,599-23%USD $2,764
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to TokyoOnly 2 seats left$835$3,599-23%USD $2,764
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Tokyo6 seats left$835$3,599-23%USD $2,764
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Tokyo7 seats left$835$3,599-23%USD $2,764
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $2,533 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2533 for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,533 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,825 tours in Asia
- covered by 286 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 20 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo