Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,815
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Learn all about Hiroshima
- Enjoy a locally cooked dinner
- Visit spectacular Nijo Castle
- Soak in natural hot springs
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- CCChiWritten on May 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentTour was very much a highlights tour but more reason to come back. Matchy was excellent and so sincereShow detailed ratings
- AADWritten on April 28, 20184.0 - GoodWe saw really a lot within a short period of time.Show detailed ratings
- DSDebWritten on April 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentMayumi made the trip as wonderful as it was. The trip Was the perfect length for me. There was not a lot of time to rest on the trip, always on the go so that’s why I think the length was the right amount of time.Show detailed ratings
- LWritten on March 17, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a whirlwind of fun. Buses, trains, cablecars, monasteries, ryokans,and shared baths with strangers! I loved every minute of it! Mari, our CEO kept us on target with time and was a wealth of knowledge and energy. She loves what she does and it shows! I highly suggest you get to Osaka 2 or 3 nights prior because you do not spend much time there during the tour.Show detailed ratings
- YLYangWritten on December 8, 20174.5 - ExcellentMari-san was exceptional - always went out of her way to make sure we are taken care of.Show detailed ratings
- CJCoralieWritten on December 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentExperiences were well planned and diverse. They gave an amazing insight into Japanese culture Our tour guide Kumi was excellent. Her organisation skills and implementation of planning details were executed with precision and flexibility where needed. She was able to listen and help meet all requests.Show detailed ratings
- ALArnoWritten on November 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe schedule was great, the tour guide outstanding and both together made the trip an excellent introduction to JapanShow detailed ratings
- RSrobertWritten on June 4, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was completely different to what we expected but we had a great time anyway. We had no idea there would have been so much walking and as we are in early 70's found this very hard going and it is just as well we are both very fit and able to keep up. This should be made very clear on your tour so people our age are aware of it. The accommodation was average and some of the hotels were very small. Our CEO Kaoru Abera was amazing and she made the trip what it was.Show detailed ratings
- CACarolWritten on June 1, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour covered a great deal of Japan in 7 days; I think that there should be an extra day in Hakone, which seemed to offer many interesting sights and galleries. As it was, much of the time was spent travelling.Show detailed ratings
- SLsharonWritten on March 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing! Did so much everyday. The tour took the stress out of transport and trying to find where to eat etc. Our tour guide Kumiko was amazing very helpful and supportiveShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Osaka
- Day 2 Osaka/Kōyasan (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Kōyasan/Hiroshima (1B)
- Day 4 Hiroshima
- Day 5 Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8 Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9 Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 6, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen or similar in Toyko and you are free to depart at any time. It's time to say farewell to Japan and your new friends, at the end of an amazing tour! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- April 6, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Mt. Misen Visit. Price: Free - 1800 JPY per person
Philosopher's Walk. Price: Free
Zen Gardens of Ryōan-ji. Price: 500 JPY per person
Ueno Park Visit. Price: Free - 500 JPY per person
Akihabara Visit. Price: Free
Harajuku Visit. Price: Free
Ginza Shopping. Price: Free
Imperial Palace East Gardens Walk. Price: Free
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- January 1, 2017
What is the age range?
This tour has an age range of 12-70 years old, this means children under the age of 12 will not be eligible to participate in this tour. However, if you are over 70 years please contact us as you may be eligible to join the tour if you fill out G Adventures self-assessment form.
56 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 24th June 20182 comments"Hiya, just downloaded this app! Wondering if there's anyone else on here so we can get to know our group before going? "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Doris3rd February 2018
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Tokyo0 seats leftSave $138USD $3,311Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to TokyoOnly 3 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $138USD $3,311
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Tokyo4 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $138USD $3,311
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Tokyo9 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $635$3,449-18%USD $2,815
- WednesdayJun 27, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to Tokyo5 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $138USD $3,311
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Tokyo6 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $138USD $3,311
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Tokyo8 seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $138USD $3,311
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Tokyo0 seats leftSave $138USD $3,311Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayJul 11, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat leftOnly 4 days left toSave $138USD $3,311
- WednesdayJul 18, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat leftOnly 4 days left toSave $138USD $3,311
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $2,815 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2815 for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,815 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,511 tours in Asia
- covered by 187 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo