Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,804
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Learn all about Hiroshima
- Enjoy a locally cooked dinner
- Visit spectacular Nijo Castle
- Soak in natural hot springs
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- RSrobertWritten on June 4, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was completely different to what we expected but we had a great time anyway. We had no idea there would have been so much walking and as we are in early 70's found this very hard going and it is just as well we are both very fit and able to keep up. This should be made very clear on your tour so people our age are aware of it. The accommodation was average and some of the hotels were very small. Our CEO Kaoru Abera was amazing and she made the trip what it was.Show detailed ratings
- CACarolWritten on June 1, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour covered a great deal of Japan in 7 days; I think that there should be an extra day in Hakone, which seemed to offer many interesting sights and galleries. As it was, much of the time was spent travelling.Show detailed ratings
- SLsharonWritten on March 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing! Did so much everyday. The tour took the stress out of transport and trying to find where to eat etc. Our tour guide Kumiko was amazing very helpful and supportiveShow detailed ratings
- SQShermanWritten on March 5, 20174.0 - GoodOverall, the trip was great. This tour gives you the full flavour of Japan, from the traditional beginnings to modern day Japan. Our tour guide, which they call your CEO (chief experience officer), was fantastic and part of this is that G Adventures only hires knowledgeable locals. The main caution is to just ensure you know what this trip is. It is an express trip, so you are constantly travelling. This means you need to pack light/efficient and expect to be on your feet a lot. Part of the experience of this trip is that you travel from city to city with the local transit/train system. This is definitely something to experience but it also means you're not always sitting in a comfy bus and you need to carry things with you. So this is not the trip for someone who is out of shape or has issues being on their feet for prolonged periods. Also, the experience definitely differs based on when you go. We went in Feb, which is winter. When planning what to pack, we only had the information on the website, which to be fair is meant to be promotional. However, when we met our CEO on the first day, she provided extremely valuable and practical information I wish we had prior to landing in Japan. One part of this trip is visiting the temples in Koyasan. It was extremely cold with snow. I live in Toronto Canada so am well prepared for these conditions. But the rest of Japan was not this cold so I didn't bring the winter gear that would have prepared me better. For example, you are constantly taking your shoes off at temples so imagine not wearing proper socks walking on wood in negative Celsius conditions. Could I have done more detailed research about this specific location? Perhaps, but then why am I paying to be on this tour? So if you book, see if you can get in touch with your specific CEO to see if you can get the more detailed and practical information before leaving for Japan.Show detailed ratings
- SharniWritten on November 26, 20164.0 - GoodI took the "Japan Express" 9-day tour with G Adventures with my mother in May 2016, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely! Our tour guide, Takae Suzuki, was an absolute gem - extremely generous with her time, a great sense of fun, enthusiasm for showcasing the best her country has to offer, and flexible if fellow travellers wanted to separate from the group to do their own thing. I would recommend this tour for those short on time in Japan, to have the expertise of a local at their disposal. I also like the small group size of G Adventures tours.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Osaka
- Day 2 Osaka/Kōyasan (1D)
- Day 3 Kōyasan/Hiroshima (1B)
- Day 4 Hiroshima
- Day 5 Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8 Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9 Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2017
I was wondering the price if the showed for this tour from Osaka to Tokyo includes airfare?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- March 1, 2017
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
- February 1, 2017
I was curious about your tours and I would like to know if people from the Caribbean like myself are eligible?
We specialize in multi-day group tours, and the operators on our platform offer tours to travellers from around the world, so you would definitely be eligible to book as long as you make sure you have all the passport and visa requirements for the destination(s) you'd like to travel to.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- MondayNov 6, 2017from OsakaTuesdayNov 14, 2017in TokyoOur saving$90PriceUSD $3,5995 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 9, 2017from OsakaFridayNov 17, 2017in TokyoOur saving$90PriceUSD $3,5994 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 16, 2017from OsakaFridayNov 24, 2017in TokyoOur saving$82PriceUSD $3,299Only 1 space left
- ThursdayNov 23, 2017from OsakaFridayDec 1, 2017in TokyoOur saving$82PriceUSD $3,299Only 3 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 30, 2017from OsakaFridayDec 8, 2017in TokyoOur saving$565Price$3,299-15%USD $2,80410+ spaces left
- MondayDec 11, 2017from OsakaTuesdayDec 19, 2017in TokyoOur saving$565Price$3,299-15%USD $2,80410+ spaces left
- SundayFeb 18, 2018from OsakaMondayFeb 26, 2018in TokyoOur saving$82PriceUSD $3,29910+ spaces left
- SundayFeb 25, 2018from OsakaMondayMar 5, 2018in TokyoOur saving$82PriceUSD $3,29910+ spaces left
- SundayMar 11, 2018from OsakaMondayMar 19, 2018in TokyoOur saving$82PriceUSD $3,2990 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayMar 14, 2018from OsakaThursdayMar 22, 2018in TokyoOur saving$82PriceUSD $3,29910+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 December 2017 the full payment of $2,804 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2804 for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,804 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,845 tours in Asia
- covered by 136 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 53 travellers have already met
before they left for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo