Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Our saving
- US $ 2,815
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Learn all about Hiroshima
- Enjoy a locally cooked dinner
- Visit spectacular Nijo Castle
- Soak in natural hot springs
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Monastery, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- DSDebWritten on April 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentMayumi made the trip as wonderful as it was. The trip Was the perfect length for me. There was not a lot of time to rest on the trip, always on the go so that’s why I think the length was the right amount of time.Show detailed ratings
- LWritten on March 17, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a whirlwind of fun. Buses, trains, cablecars, monasteries, ryokans,and shared baths with strangers! I loved every minute of it! Mari, our CEO kept us on target with time and was a wealth of knowledge and energy. She loves what she does and it shows! I highly suggest you get to Osaka 2 or 3 nights prior because you do not spend much time there during the tour.Show detailed ratings
- YLYangWritten on December 8, 20174.5 - ExcellentMari-san was exceptional - always went out of her way to make sure we are taken care of.Show detailed ratings
- CJCoralieWritten on December 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentExperiences were well planned and diverse. They gave an amazing insight into Japanese culture Our tour guide Kumi was excellent. Her organisation skills and implementation of planning details were executed with precision and flexibility where needed. She was able to listen and help meet all requests.Show detailed ratings
- ALArnoWritten on November 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe schedule was great, the tour guide outstanding and both together made the trip an excellent introduction to JapanShow detailed ratings
- RSrobertWritten on June 4, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was completely different to what we expected but we had a great time anyway. We had no idea there would have been so much walking and as we are in early 70's found this very hard going and it is just as well we are both very fit and able to keep up. This should be made very clear on your tour so people our age are aware of it. The accommodation was average and some of the hotels were very small. Our CEO Kaoru Abera was amazing and she made the trip what it was.Show detailed ratings
- CACarolWritten on June 1, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour covered a great deal of Japan in 7 days; I think that there should be an extra day in Hakone, which seemed to offer many interesting sights and galleries. As it was, much of the time was spent travelling.Show detailed ratings
- SLsharonWritten on March 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing! Did so much everyday. The tour took the stress out of transport and trying to find where to eat etc. Our tour guide Kumiko was amazing very helpful and supportiveShow detailed ratings
- SQShermanWritten on March 5, 20174.0 - GoodOverall, the trip was great. This tour gives you the full flavour of Japan, from the traditional beginnings to modern day Japan. Our tour guide, which they call your CEO (chief experience officer), was fantastic and part of this is that G Adventures only hires knowledgeable locals. The main caution is to just ensure you know what this trip is. It is an express trip, so you are constantly travelling. This means you need to pack light/efficient and expect to be on your feet a lot. Part of the experience of this trip is that you travel from city to city with the local transit/train system. This is definitely something to experience but it also means you're not always sitting in a comfy bus and you need to carry things with you. So this is not the trip for someone who is out of shape or has issues being on their feet for prolonged periods. Also, the experience definitely differs based on when you go. We went in Feb, which is winter. When planning what to pack, we only had the information on the website, which to be fair is meant to be promotional. However, when we met our CEO on the first day, she provided extremely valuable and practical information I wish we had prior to landing in Japan. One part of this trip is visiting the temples in Koyasan. It was extremely cold with snow. I live in Toronto Canada so am well prepared for these conditions. But the rest of Japan was not this cold so I didn't bring the winter gear that would have prepared me better. For example, you are constantly taking your shoes off at temples so imagine not wearing proper socks walking on wood in negative Celsius conditions. Could I have done more detailed research about this specific location? Perhaps, but then why am I paying to be on this tour? So if you book, see if you can get in touch with your specific CEO to see if you can get the more detailed and practical information before leaving for Japan.Show detailed ratings
- SharniWritten on November 26, 20164.0 - GoodI took the "Japan Express" 9-day tour with G Adventures with my mother in May 2016, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely! Our tour guide, Takae Suzuki, was an absolute gem - extremely generous with her time, a great sense of fun, enthusiasm for showcasing the best her country has to offer, and flexible if fellow travellers wanted to separate from the group to do their own thing. I would recommend this tour for those short on time in Japan, to have the expertise of a local at their disposal. I also like the small group size of G Adventures tours.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Osaka
- Day 2 Osaka/Kōyasan (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Kōyasan/Hiroshima (1B)
- Day 4 Hiroshima
- Day 5 Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
- Day 7 Kyoto/Hakone (1D)
- Day 8 Hakone/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 9 Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 6, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of this tour, you can choose to depart at any time! Breakfast is provided at the hotel, which will probably be Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen or similar. The last hotel on this trip will not be confirmed until 4 weeks prior to the trip.
- April 6, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Mt. Misen Visit. Price: Free - 1800 JPY per person
Philosopher's Walk. Price: Free
Zen Gardens of Ryōan-ji. Price: 500 JPY per person
Ueno Park Visit. Price: Free - 500 JPY per person
Akihabara Visit. Price: Free
Harajuku Visit. Price: Free
Ginza Shopping. Price: Free
Imperial Palace East Gardens Walk. Price: Free
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- January 1, 2017
What is the age range?
This tour has an age range of 12-70 years old, this means children under the age of 12 will not be eligible to participate in this tour. However, if you are over 70 years please contact us as you may be eligible to join the tour if you fill out G Adventures self-assessment form.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Fred10th January 2018
Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- WednesdayMay 9, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayMay 17, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayMay 21, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- WednesdayMay 16, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayMay 24, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- SundayMay 20, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayMay 28, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- WednesdayMay 23, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayMay 31, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to Tokyo5 seats left$138USD $3,311Instant BookHold my
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Osaka9 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$138USD $3,311
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$138USD $3,311Book Now Hold my
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Osaka9 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Tokyo4 seats left$635$3,449-18%USD $2,815Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Osaka is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 July 2018 the full payment of $2,815 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2815 for Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Osaka (Japan)
- 54 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 298 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 33 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 115 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,815 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,414 tours in Asia
- covered by 173 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 10 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Express: Osaka to Tokyo