Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome
- +6 Destinations
- Amalfi Coast
- Visit the ancient city of Pompeii
- Take a boat ride to Capri island
- Feast on pizza in Naples
- Explore the fishing village of Furore
- Rather Poor
- SSSarahWritten on August 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had such a blast as a solo traveller on this trip. I'm 31, and was looking for a short but jam packed trip and I got it. Met a bunch of great people of a variety of ages, and feel like I got just enough time in each place which is perfect for getting an idea of where you might want to go back to. Accommodations were basic, but the view amazing. The food is great wherever you go. Enjoy!Show detailed ratings
- hamedWritten on July 30, 20185.0 - Excellenti hope to see you soonShow detailed ratings
- KWritten on July 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentFantastic, well arranged, worth time and price.Show detailed ratings
- STStephanieWritten on July 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentRecommended - good places and value! Decent amount of time spent at each place, additional tours at each place mostly worth it. No meals included but organised meals together were great. Good group size, nice for making friends. Accomodation is a bit of a walk to things in Sorrento.Show detailed ratings
- CFclaireWritten on July 10, 20184.0 - GoodGreat experience ! Sally was absolutely adorable !!!Show detailed ratings
- MatthewWritten on July 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentA superb tour from Rome to the Amalfi Coast with Italy on a Budget! Rome, Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius, Isle of Capri, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi... We covered loads on the tour! We had a nice group of 15, not too big, not too small and a fantastic tour guide in Sally. Seeing Pompeii was on my bucket list and this tour started with a visit to the ancient city. We completed so much in the four days with travel made easy by the coach which was well air conned and always had bottled water available. Gelato and limoncello tasting was great, eating out for dinner with the group and Sally allowed us all to get to know one another. A boat trip to the Isle of Capri with a chairlift up to the summit of the island was an experience, everything was photogenic on the island. Exploring the coastline with stops along the road for photo opportunities and a couple of beach stops took up another day. Naples on the last day was great, we found the home of the Margherita and the pizza there was the best! The accommodation was basic in a cliffside campsite with 3 bed rooms in huts. One snag, (the only snag on the whole trip) was the campsite’s no cash rule. You had to use one of their cards which you put money onto if you wanted to purchase from the shops and restaurant in the campsite. The swimming pool rule “swim caps have to be worn” prevented us from having a swim but didn’t ruin the trip at all. I highly recommend this tour if you’re under 25 and want an adventure in a place with class and amazing views but don’t mind living in simple accommodation.Show detailed ratings
- PHPaigeWritten on June 8, 20184.0 - GoodOverall, I had a wonderful time on this tour. Gabriella, my guide was simply lovely. It was affordable and fun and I'm very glad I did it. The only problem was the bus on the way home. It was soo hot, I was sweating even with the AC on maximum. Just a small hiccup in an otherwise nice trip!Show detailed ratings
- ABAmyWritten on May 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was a good combination of planned activity and free time to wander about. The accommodation was great and had an amazing view! Gabriela was an excellent and knowledgeable tour guide. I would definitely recommend doing this if you love the coast and Italy!Show detailed ratings
- GinaWritten on May 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentWhat was my favourite thing about the tour? Manolo! He was our tour leader, and he was awesome. So friendly and knowledgeable, he kept us safe while driving and knew all the best places to eat. Every day he told us the itinerary, and gave us plenty of options on what we could do. He made it clear when we had free time, and always gave the option to go with him somewhere or get food- since the group was friendly, most of us found ourselves tagging along with him! He would repeat several times the different options, and some of the group didn’t listen or respond when asked so ended up being swept along with us when they didn’t need to be- the tour leader isn’t a mind reader, so make sure you speak up! I 100% recommend this tour. It’s four days, so it may seem rushed if you forget how much you’re fitting in to that time! However, I found it was just enough time to see the highlights and get a feel for each place. Definitely listen to the food recommendations (especially if you have Manolo, seriously!), because you will not regret it. This tour is fantastic, and such great value. The only thing to bear in mind is you have to pay for WiFi at the accommodation, and it doesn’t reach much further than the restaurant and reception. Otherwise, it covers what you need and is pretty comfy. Thanks to this tour I have gained new friends and had the most amazing experiences. 100% book this tour, and if you can- ask for Manolo!Show detailed ratings
- GBGabiWritten on May 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentManolo was such a fantastic tour leader! Straight away he made us feel welcome and comfortable, he gave us the details of what would be happening each day, the timings and how we would get around having food. He offered amazing suggestions on the food so much so that we found we were following him whenever he went to get lunch! He was so kind and funny and nothing was too much trouble for him, he was clear about when our time was our own but the majority of the group were so friendly that we found ourselves sticking together and doing the activities that were suggested. I can honestly say this was not what I was expecting but it was so much better! I know I've made some friends from this and eaten some of the most delicious food! Book this tour and ask for Manolo, you won't regret it!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Rome to Sorrento - Visit of PompeiiStart point Roma Termini Train Station, Via Marsala 22, Rome 09:00
- Day 2: Boat tour to Capri island
- Day 3: Day tour to Amalfi and Positano
- Day 4: Sorrento to Rome – Tour of Naples
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Camping Village in Sorrento
Address: Via Capo 39, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Amalfi coast trip
- Amalfi coast with Italy on Budget tours
- Italy on a Budget
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
The tour operator does not provide airport transfers on this tour, which means that you will have to make your own way to and from the airport.
What are the optional excursions?
The following optional excursions and extras can be organised in advance, please contact our Customer Support team for more information:
Guided walking tour of Pompeii with a licensed tour guide. Price € 15.00pp
Welcome 4-course dinner in Sorrento on the first night. Price € 20.00pp
Private bus tour of Capri Island to Capri, Anacapri and the Marina. Price € 10.00pp
Train tickets on fast speed train from Florence to Rome prior the trip or from Rome to Florence after the trip. Price € 39.00 one-way.
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation, prior the trip or when you return back to Rome, with the tour operator.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to RomeOnly 1 seat left$53$389-14%USD $336Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$16USD $373Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to RomeOnly 2 seats left$17USD $407Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to RomeOnly 1 seat left$16USD $373Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdaySep 20, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Rome8 seats left$14USD $328Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$14USD $328Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdayOct 4, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$14USD $328Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdayOct 11, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Rome0 seats left$14USD $328Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayOct 18, 2018from Rome4 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$14USD $328Based on Shared Accommodation
- ThursdayApr 4, 2019from Rome4 DaysSundayApr 7, 2019to Rome10+ seats left$13USD $302Based on SHARED BASIC CABIN - Student price
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Italy on a Budget Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 October 2018 the full payment of $336 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $336 for Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Italy on a Budget Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Italy on a Budget Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 210 km
- Pompeii (Italy)
- 16 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 15 km
- Capri (Italy)
- 33 km
- Amalfi (Italy)
- 10 km
- Positano (Italy)
- 31 km
- Naples (Italy)
- 189 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $336 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,003 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 68 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Amalfi Coast Tour From Rome