- Our saving
- US $ 1,165
- San Jose
- Stroll through an ancient colonial city
- Explore the Mayan ruins of Copan
- Visit Monteverde the city in the clouds
- Go canyoneering in La Fortuna
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Antigua Guatemala
- Day 2: Antigua Guatemala/Copán
- Day 3: Copán
- Day 4: Copán/Suchitoto
- Day 5: Suchitoto
- Day 6: Suchitoto/Concepción de Ataco
- Day 7: Concepción de Ataco
- Day 8: Concepción de Ataco/Playa El Palmarcito
- Day 9: Playa El Palmarcito
- Day 10: Playa El Palmarcito/Monteverde
- Day 11: Monteverde
- Day 12: Monteverde/La Fortuna
- Day 13: La Fortuna
- Day 14: La Fortuna/San Carlos (1D)
- Day 15: San Carlos (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 16: San Carlos/San José (1B)
- Day 17: San José
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- KLKristinaWritten on May 20, 20193.5 - Good
I really loved the countries we travelled to. I would have liked to spend more time in Honduras. My biggest dislike was that i think we should have only spent 1 night at the homestay. Although I really valued the time there, however it did become awkward... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Kristina. We agree - 8 girls and 1 bathroom is not a great formula. We apologize for the difficulties here.
- BobWritten on October 6, 20184.0 - Good
A good, well organised trip that takes you to some of the less visited spots in Central America (at least while Nicaragua is being bypassed). I was impressed with G Adventures travel ethic and the interesting, fun people they attract to their tours.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time to review!
- SJSophieWritten on September 30, 20184.0 - Good
Ronnie ( veronica) was second to none as a guide. Her relaxed, enthusiastic and fun approach to being this tour guide made the tour. She made special effort in assuring we all had safe onward travel following the end of the tour and even helped myself and... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed review, we do appreciate it. Thanks for the kind words regarding Ronnie, we will pass them on.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 19, 20184.0 - Good
The activities were brilliant, it was run very smoothly and the whole tour was enjoyable. We stayed in lovely hotels and the transport was fine. There were not many meals included which was not ideal and those that were were not to a great standard. I’d... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review, and thanks for choosing to see the world with G Adventures. We will look into the meals provided....no one is at their best when hangry.
- BBecksWritten on March 11, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This is a whirlwind sightseeing tour and not a carefree backpacking trip. We had hours of travel on the bus almost every day, and there were multiple days that had bus-boat-bus transfers, so consider your travel stamina before you sign up. It is not an... Read more
- DBDamienWritten on January 3, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Though I did a post-trip survey I wanted to submit a public facing review of my trip with G-Adventures. I was on the Volcano Trail trip from Nov 5 - 22nd of 2017. Overall the tour was pretty good, below is a detailed thought process on each of the cities... Read more
- EOEimearWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Had a fantastic time on this trip. I was so lucky to be placed on tour with a lovely group of all solo travellers. This tour was a good mixture of adventure and relaxation. Definetly some places i would never have wandered to solo. Our guide Vicky was very... Read more
- JAJackWritten on August 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Wonderful experience with an absolute GEM of a tour Leader - Could not recommend this tour enough, John was the tour leader to rule all tour leaders. So good to be able to get to know the ins and outs of all these beautiful destinations and learn so much... Read more
- KarlijnWritten on May 8, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Awesome trip! But i would change some of the itinerary, because in alot of places there was not much to do
- AWAllanWritten on November 26, 20162.5 - Average
Was not overly impressed and would have second thoughts about using again. Not sure how much that was the impact of the individual or guides...Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSorry to hear things didn't go according to plan, or as expected Allan.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are the flights included?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
How fit do I need to be to take this tour?
The trek is suitable for a range of ages and ability levels! However it is important to have a base level of fitness to ensure you have energy to swim in the ocean, hike through the rainforest, journey up the volcano slope and explore the natural abundance of Central America!
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Brandon14th June 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayOct 15, 2019to San Jose10+ seats left$533$1,699-31%USD $1,165
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayOct 22, 2019to San Jose9 seats left$533$1,699-31%USD $1,165Book Now Hold my
- SundayOct 13, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayOct 29, 2019to San Jose7 seats left$533$1,699-31%USD $1,165
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayNov 5, 2019to San Jose6 seats left$450$1,699-27%USD $1,249
- SundayOct 27, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayNov 12, 2019to San Jose9 seats left$450$1,699-27%USD $1,249
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayNov 19, 2019to San Jose5 seats left$490$1,849-27%USD $1,359
- SundayNov 10, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayNov 26, 2019to San Jose5 seats left$490$1,849-27%USD $1,359
- WednesdayNov 13, 2019from Antigua17 DaysFridayNov 29, 2019to San Jose10+ seats left$490$1,849-27%USD $1,359
- SundayNov 17, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayDec 3, 2019to San Jose10+ seats left$490$1,849-27%USD $1,359
- SundayNov 24, 2019from Antigua17 DaysTuesdayDec 10, 2019to San Jose8 seats left$490$1,849-27%USD $1,359
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarEl Salvador
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Guatemala and Honduras. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Costa Rica. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Antigua is the starting point and San Jose is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 25 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 25 November 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Antigua (Guatemala)
- 173 km
- Copan Ruinas (Honduras)
- 103 km
- Suchitoto (El Salvador)
- 89 km
- Concepcion de Ataco (El Salvador)
- 63 km
- Playa El Palmarcito (El Salvador)
- 615 km
- Monteverde (Costa Rica)
- 29 km
- La Fortuna (Costa Rica)
- 86 km
- San Jose (Costa Rica)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,165 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,759 tours in Latin America
- covered by 265 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Volcano Trail