Honduras Tours and Trips 2019
Honduras can satisfy adventure junkies. Kayaking in the mangroves, navigating the rapids on the Patuca River, horseriding and trekking through lush tropical rainforests. With world-class birdwatching and Mayan ruins, gorgeous beaches on Roatan Island, take the time to collect some local handicrafts.
2 trips through Honduras
7 day self-guided tour through San Pedro Sula, La Ceiba, Utila and 1 other destination in Honduras
- 7 days
- Price per day
You save $2523 Jan 201910 spaces left24 Jan 201910 spaces leftMore information
Essential Honduras 10D/9N
10 day adventure tour through San Pedro Sula, Copan Ruinas, Tela and 4 other destinations in Honduras
- 10 days
- Price per day
You save $4223 Jan 201910 spaces left24 Jan 201910 spaces leftMore information
- Visit the ancient city of Copan, home to the spectacular Copan Ruinas. Walk around the stunning Maya museum, hieroglyphic stairway and mysterious sculptures.
- Hike through dense green jungles and along steep slopes, passing by numerous waterfalls at the resplendent Pico Bonito National Park.
- Swim or snorkel amidst pristine coral reefs in the warm, crystal clear waters of the Bay Islands and laze on palm fringed, white powdery beaches at Roatan Island.
- Come face to face with Jesus Lizards as you explore the interiors of Roatan Island by bicycle or scooter.
- Walk along the streets of San Pedro Sula, a vibrant colonial city set against the backdrop of dramatic peaks.
- Go on a canoeing adventure through the undisturbed and exciting landscape of the La Mosquitia Coast.
- Relax while you spend some time fishing at the popular town of Brus Laguna.
- Observe the lifestyle of indigenous people at Tawahka Asangni Biosphere.
- Honduras offers historical cities, interesting culture, wildlife and beaches. There are several guided tours that will include your areas of interest.
- Shop for Lenca pottery, hand carved wooden boxes, paintings, hammocks and leather products at San Pedro Sula.
- Avoid buying seashells or coral products as it’s against the law. Further, don’t take any object from an archaeological site as it is strictly prohibited.
- Roatan Island and San Pedro Sula have excellent nightlife so come prepared to party!
- Exchange all the local currency (lempiras) before you leave the country.
- Diving and snorkeling day trips from Roatan Island are very popular.
- January to June is the peak tourist season in Honduras. Make an advanced booking for a visit to Bay Islands during Easter, Christmas and New Year.
- If you’re visiting La Mosquitia, remember to carry a strong repellent and bed-netting to avoid mosquito-borne diseases.