Treasures of the Balkans & Transylvania
- US $ 1,829
- Rather Poor
- AnonymousWritten on October 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a really good tour. We stayed at really nice central hotels including 2 nights at the 5 star Sheraton in Bucharest. There are also lots of included dinners and included sightseeing by Cosmos standards. I don't recommend the optional dinners as... Read more
- JBJoeWritten on June 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
enjoyed the tripped. would have liked ore photo stops in the countryside. I am interested in see what is grown, the landscape and where/how ordinary people live.
- CarlosWritten on October 5, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Excellent everything was by the boom
- BEBenjaminWritten on July 31, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour was generally what I expected and the guide and driver were excellent. There were a few items that could have improved the tour, such as having all hotels close to the city center and including all daytime activities in the tour price.
- CarlosWritten on July 30, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The tour guide was knowledgeable, respectful and went the extra mile to make everybody comfortable and happy. Hotels were OK with the usual problems: No AC, TV not working. Optional aid dinners were not worth the price paid. Local tour guides in each venue... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- Day 2: BUDAPEST
- Day 3: BUDAPEST–NOVI SAD, SERBIA–BELGRADE
- Day 4: BELGRADE–SOFIA, BULGARIA
- Day 5: SOFIA. EXCURSION TO RILA MONASTERY
- Day 6: SOFIA–PLOVDIV–VELIKO TÂRNOVO
- Day 7: VELIKO TÂRNOVO–BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
- Day 8: BUCHAREST
- Day 9: BUCHAREST–SINAIA–BRASOV
- Day 10: BRASOV
- Day 11: BRASOV–SIGHISOARA–CLUJ-NAPOCA
- Day 12: CLUJ-NAPOCA–BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
- Day 13: BUDAPEST
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
Treasures of the Balkans & Transylvania
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- TuesdayApr 16, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,899Based on Double Room
- TuesdayApr 23, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayMay 5, 2019to Budapest9 seats leftUSD $1,899Based on Double Room
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,959Based on Double Room
- TuesdayMay 7, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Budapest0 seats leftUSD $1,959Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayMay 14, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,959Based on Double Room
- TuesdayMay 28, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,959Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Budapest10+ seats leftUSD $1,959Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Budapest9 seats leftUSD $1,959Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJun 25, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Budapest9 seats leftUSD $1,959Based on Double Room
- TuesdayJul 16, 2019from Budapest13 DaysSundayJul 28, 2019to BudapestOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,999Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria and Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Start and end in Budapest.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Cosmos to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Cosmos booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 January 2019 the full payment of $1,829 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1829 for Treasures of the Balkans & Transylvania, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Cosmos tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 256 km
- Novi Sad (Serbia)
- 69 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 369 km
- Rila (Bulgaria)
- 65 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 132 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 126 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 156 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 111 km
- Sinaia (Romania)
- 34 km
- Brasov (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,829 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,448 tours in Europe
- covered by 271 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Treasures of the Balkans & Transylvania