- Our saving
- US $ 929
- +4 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- Explore Egyptian Museum and Giza pyramids & Sphinx
- Enjoy the Nubian dinner after Camel ride
- Sailing the Nile on a Felucca
- Visit Kom Ombo temple
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Bus
- Coach / Bus, Boat
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- MMortenWritten on August 24, 20162.0 - Rather poorthere was a lot of extra expenses!! and the trip ended up costing twice, it is the last time i travel with topdeck!! but our guide was awesome.Show detailed ratings
- RFRebeccaWritten on May 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on Topdeck's egypt express tour in Feburary 2016. It was a wonderfully planned, informational, safe and exciting adventure that provided an excellent perspective of Egypt. The tour guides (I had Ahmed as my main tour leader) went out of their way to ensure everyone on the trip was having a good time and provided an extensive knowledge of the area- making the trip both fantastic and interesting. We felt very safe and protected on every aspect of the tour and we knew our best interest was always in mind. Well done for organising such a valuable and unforgettable experience.Show detailed ratings
- JJenniferWritten on March 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentTour was amazing. Egypt is my favorite place in the world so far and have been back multiple times since then. Beautiful places, rich history, delicious food, and great people. Definitely do the Felucca sailing if choosing between tours - hands down the best part. Remember to tip your guides!Show detailed ratings
- AAnthonyWritten on March 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentI have recently returned from one of the best trips I have ever been on - EGYPT! I was a little apprehensive due to the situation in Egypt. But I am so happy that I went and I can recommend it highly. Sure you have to be careful and travel smart, but as long as you don't go out anywhere by yourself and you travel in a group you'll be fine and you'll have the experience of a lifetime. I was greeted at the airport by one of Topdeck's representatives. I had just walked into the airport and he was there at the front door. He helped me to buy the entry visa needed (US$25) and then waited for me on the other side as I had to pass through customs. He already had my bad waiting for me when I was through! we jumped on the topdeck bus headed for the hotel. On the way I was thanked for visiting his country and he genuinely seemed happy that another tourist had arrived - he did warn me though, don't go out by yourself and stay with the tour. he kept saying to be careful which was good advice. You can't be ignorant when you are in Egypt, you need to have your whits about you. I arrived at the hotel after approx. an hours bus ride. I met up with my fellow tour members that night and as we introduced ourselves it was interesting to me that we were all solo travellers. There were 6 of us on the tour, so it was a nice - almost private tour. Our tour leader's name was Will - but he was happy to go by anything that started with W. So we called him Willy, Will I Am or Will depending on the situation. Will was an amazing tour leader!! You will be so lucky if you get him as your tour leader. He went above and beyond in helping and assisting us and ensuring we had the best experience in Egypt. it is clear that he loves his country and really wants to share its culture and all the lovely things it has to offer with tourists. Will took us to local little eateries (cheap ones that you want to visit that most tour leaders won't take you too) - they didn't charge us a fortune and it was local cuisine. First night in Cairo we went to a little place a few streets away and for 15 EGP we had a feast! so good! The next day we headed to the Egyptian Museum bright and early. Our guide for the day was Nadine. She was an interesting character. Nadine (as with all of our local guides) were very knowledgeable about whatever it was they were telling us about - but she was like a pocket rocket, practically running around the museum. which was good because we got to see a lot but it was very fast paced. The highlight for me and the reason why I came to Egypt was to see the pyramids and we arrived there after lunch that day. It was aw inspiring. I couldn't stop looking at them and taking photos, I couldn't get enough of them and wanted to spend the entire day there. My only criticism of Nadine was she didn't let us stay long enough at the pyramids - even though Will tried to ask her for more time - we ended up staying for about 45mins. but time goes by so quickly, we all would have preferred less time at the museum... After leaving Cairo we jumped on the Topdeck bus and headed to Aswan which was a long drive. Aswan was a really cool place. Less hustle and bustle than in Cairo and we had my favourite guide there - Noobie! he was hilarious. He spoke very slowly emphasizing his points and was a very friendly character. We enjoyed a Nile boat ride to Philae Temple and also hoped on a camel and visited a Nubian village where we visited a local school - learnt a few words in Arabic and went to a locals home for a delicious dinner!! we even met their pet croc! Visiting Abu-Simbel was so cool - there were next to no tourists when we arrived in the morning so it was perfect - we actually have shots in front of it with no one else in the picture! Next on our list was the Felucca sail. As Will had said, this was definitely a highlight and it was indeed! we spend 2 nights on board and simply enjoyed the serenity of the river Nile, gliding on the water all day and sleeping on board at night snuggled in our sleeping bags after a few bottles of the local beer (highly recommended) and vodka! Vodka also highly recommended. I wouldn't get the scotch on board the Felucca - it was terrible. The second night we had a bon fire on the banks of the river and sat around with our crew as the sung traditional songs and played some instruments, it was a lot of fun. Jumping off the Felucca boat was awesome - so refreshing. Next stop was Luxor where we visited Kom Ombo temple which is dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek and falcon god Horus. We also visited Karnak temples and Luxor temple at night. Seeing Luxor temple at night was really cool because the lights gave it a different feeling and atmosphere - there were next to no tourists here as well so it was a great photo opportunity. I didn't mind the hotel here only because of the rooftop which was cool and had a great view. Throughout the tour the hotels were average but what you can expect for the price you pay. Also to note wifi is available but sometimes a weak signal but manageable for all your social media updates :) Onwards to the Valley of the Kings and we start our trek back to Cairo. Valley of the Kings was cool - to see all of the tunnels in the mountain and to go inside 3 of them was amazing. the only downside is you can't take ANY photos there - so it's a downer. but something really nice to see. the artwork inside is unbelievable and to think it's thousands of years old is quite mind boggling. We stopped at the Temple of Hatshepsut on the way as well which was really cool - one of my favourite temples I'd say. it looks so grand and her story is interesting - Hatshepsut was only the third woman to become pharaoh in 3,000 years of ancient Egyptian history, and the first to attain the full power of the position. A 12-year-old Hatshepsut became queen of Egypt when she married her half-brother Thutmose II. Will - I would like to thank you for an amazing tour in Egypt - one that I will cherish forever, amazing memories with amazing people - it was really something special. You are a genuine top bloke and I wish you all the best in the future, keep up the good work – you are an asset to Topdeck! Thanks for the good times!!!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Anthony, wow what a read! Thank you for letting us know how well you enjoyed our Topdeck Egypt trip, your photos and story is amazing! We hope to see you again soon on any of our other products. ~ Topdeck.
- OOdonWritten on March 28, 20151.5 - Rather poorThe most ungrateful stubborn travel company I've ever worked with. They will leave you hanging if you ever encounter any visa problems without reimbursement, no customer service. Very unhappy with the people in charge of this company.Show detailed ratings
- BronWritten on October 20, 20144.5 - ExcellentFrom the moment we arrived at the airport, to the minute we left Topdeck on a whole did an amazing job! This was my first topdeck tour but I have traveled in groups with several other companies and I was pleased with the overall itinerary and staff. I was very impressed with all aspects of the tour, in particular our tour guide Will (Waleed) who was absolutely amazing and whom went above and beyond his call of duty to help us and to make our trip as memorable as possible- If you get him as a tour leader you will be in good hands and have the best time!!!. I would recommend this trip to my friends and never did I feel unsafe or at risk. The sights and culture of this beautiful country were stunning and not to be missed. if possible do the hot air ballooning over The Valley of the Kings and Felucca cruise down the Nile river.Show detailed ratings
- AgneathaWritten on August 13, 20134.0 - GoodIt was a great experience! I would recommend it to anyone with a sense of adventure. Our tour leader Ramzy took such good care of us. We felt safe, comfortable and very entertained. Our tour guides were a blast! Very humorous and well informed. Oh and the Felucca…soooo cool. This trip was a dream come true. The heat though… pack light and come prepared.Show detailed ratings
- KatieWritten on April 23, 20134.5 - ExcellentIt was the best tour I have ever been on. Tourguide Will (Waleed) was our tour guide and from day 1 he made us feel welcome and always put what we wanted to do first. He went out of his way to accommodate what we wanted to do as a group (even when the schedule was tight!) and never complained. He's the kindest man you could ever meet. The tour itself was amazing. Saw so many sights in such a short space of time. Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Abu Sambel, Kom Obu.... the list is endless! Figured out I traveled by train, walked, camel, sail boat, ferry boat, felucca, minibus, coach and swam over the 9 days of the tour. And the people on it were so amazing, friends for life! If I could still be there... I would be! 100% recommend this to anyone even slightly interested!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo, Egypt
- Day 2: Cairo to Aswan via Overnight Coach
- Day 3: Aswan
- Day 4: Aswan to Felucca Sailing
- Day 5: Felucca Sailing
- Day 6: Felucca Sailing to Luxor
- Day 7: Luxor to Cairo via Overnight Coach
- Day 8: Cairo
- Day 9: Cairo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Does this tour include a tour guide?
An English-speaking Trip Leader is included in the price of the tour.
- December 1, 2016
Are transfers included as well?
Arrival transfer from the airport to the hotel is included. You can arrive to Cairo at any time on Day 1. Welcome meeting is at 7pm.
- December 1, 2016
Is there a strict age restriction on this tour?
The tour has a very strict age restriction of 18 to 39 year old travellers.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Megan5th November 2017
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- SaturdayFeb 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 4, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$23USD $929Based on DoubleSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMar 18, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$23USD $929Based on Double
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$25USD $999Based on Double
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$23USD $929Based on DoubleSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayApr 29, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$23USD $929Based on Double
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$23USD $929Based on Double
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$23USD $929Based on Double
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$23USD $929Based on Double
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$23USD $929Based on Double
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Cairo9 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$23USD $929Based on Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Max group size
- 30 is the maximum group size for Egypt Express.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 April 2018 the full payment of $929 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $929 for Egypt Express, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- 232 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 181 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 504 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $929 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,074 tours in Africa
- covered by 100 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 77 travellers have already met
before they left for Egypt Express tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Egypt Express