Essential Britain & Ireland 2018
- US $ 2,609
- Visit the mysterious Stonehenge and the Georgian Bath
- See Kilkenny Castle and Viking stronghold in Waterford
- Enjoy an amazing Irish Coffee demonstration
- Experience an astonishing Scottish dance performance
- Explore Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Rather Poor
- AGAileenWritten on September 13, 20184.0 - GoodCovered alot of ground and very busy of course with never enough time, but that was expected. Great driver, found tour director somewhat unenthusiastic - would have liked more concise info on how each day was going to progress and a little more interaction with the group. Hotel Metropole was so hot and too noisy to have window open - most of the hotel rooms were so hot all night. Holiday Inn York room was rather well tread and dirty. Other than that a great trip with excellent meals except the dinner at Holiday Inn York.Show detailed ratings
- KimberlyWritten on July 1, 20181.5 - Rather poorBus was fine. Driver was great. “Customer Care” was deplorable. Poor communication about seat rotation. Much seat jumping caused our family of 7 to be separated and me to have to skip breakfast daily to scrap for seats together on the bus. Kevin did not lift a finger to assist. Nor did corporate do a decent job or communicating he specifics do the seat rotation scheme to customers BEFORE arriving for the tour. There were more people aboard on Day 2, which only made the situation worse. Kevin was in a position to perhaps go off of his script to help with our family of travelers. He didn’t even attempt to assist. Our experience is that of unecessary unpleasantness and I am completely disappointed with Globus as a result.Show detailed ratings
- MWMichaelWritten on June 21, 20184.0 - Goodgreat support driver and guide, excellent stops, especially edinbriugh... BUT... too much time on the bus. This needs to be better balanced.. either shorter distance or more timerShow detailed ratings
- SarahWritten on May 31, 20184.5 - ExcellentEverything was planned and organised professionally. Absolutely hassle free travelling. Our guide was friendly, funny and incredibly knowledgeable.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN LONDON, ENGLAND
- Day 2: LONDON–STONEHENGE–BATH–NEWPORT, WALES
- Day 3: NEWPORT–CARDIFF–WATERFORD, IRELAND
- Day 4: WATERFORD–KILKENNY–DUBLIN
- Day 5: DUBLIN
- Day 6: DUBLIN–BELFAST, NORTHERN IRELAND–EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND
- Day 7: EDINBURGH
- Day 8: EDINBURGH–JEDBURGH–YORK, ENGLAND
- Day 9: YORK–STRATFORD-UPON-AVON–LONDON
- Day 10: LONDON
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can this tour accommodate a disability scooter?
Globus can accommodate electric scooters/carts on our tours. however, their motorcoaches do not have ramps. Passengers using scooters may be charged a fee per travelling day, and they or their companion are responsible for the scooter at all times. Globus would also require information on the dimensions and weight of the scooter.
How many hours a day will be spent on the bus between locations?
While the trip does have a few longer travel days, the trip leader makes sure no more than 2.5 hours is spent on the bus at once and offers frequent stops in between destinations.
What are the other costs associated with this tour?
TourRadar does not charge any booking fees or credit card fees, so there are no additional costs added to the trip, extra costs would only be incurred on the booking if you wished to add extra services, such as an extra night or an airport transfer.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
Essential Britain & Ireland 2018
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundaySep 30, 2018from London10 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $2,609Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayOct 7, 2018from London10 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to LondonOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,609Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 14, 2018from London10 DaysTuesdayOct 23, 2018to London10+ seats leftUSD $2,609Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 21, 2018from London10 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to London0 seats leftUSD $2,599Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Wales and Scotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 November 2018 the full payment of $2,609 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2609 for Essential Britain & Ireland 2018, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 123 km
- Stonehenge (England)
- 12 km
- Salisbury (England)
- 52 km
- Bath (England)
- 50 km
- Newport (Wales)
- 17 km
- Cardiff (Wales)
- 284 km
- Waterford (Ireland)
- 100 km
- Glendalough (Ireland)
- 38 km
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 140 km
- Belfast (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,609 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 253 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Britain & Ireland 2018