Travel Ready Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 12:03:39
- US $ 2,670
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Explore Suomenlinna Sea Fortress
- Visit historic baroque palaces
- Shop at Europe's second largest market
- See ancient woodcarvings in Lithuania's forests
- Age range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport, Mini-coach, Ferry
Start in Helsinki and end in Berlin! With the in-depth cultural tour Baltic Experience, you have a 15 day tour package taking you through Helsinki, Finland and 7 other destinations in Europe. Baltic Experience is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- MarkWritten on July 5, 20143.5 - GoodFirst and foremost with these tours, the enjoyment and experiences can be enhanced by the guide you have and our guide for this trip was exceptional! There are a LOT of cobblestones to walk on this tour so sensible footwear is an absolute must. Every city visited had its 'Old City" which were paved with cobblestones. It was a fascinating tour of the history of this part of Europe from medieval times to present day. The days spent canoeing and trekking in the countryside offered a welcome break from the cities visited. Klaipeda and the day trip to the unique, World Heritage-listed Curonian Spit National Park was just one of the highlights of the countryside experience. A hillside of Witches was a unique collection of sculptured tree trunks depicting all manner of mythical witches and demons. Amazing to wander through this huge area with such an engaging local guide to share the stories and history of the area. Hiking and canoe through Aukstaitija National Park's dense forests and lakes provided an opportunity for not only physical activity, but also time to swim and stop to appreciate the wild flowers and other flora. Plants that are considered garden annuals here, grow wild amongst the grasses and forests of this area. But Riga was one of the most beautiful cities visited. Fragrant gardens, fountains, old and new public sculptures and the well preserved and restored art nouveau buildings, made this city enchanting and fascinating. The trip did consist of long journeys especially by bus from Warsaw to Berlin. It proved to be quite exhausting and could be well improved by a stay somewhere in between these two major cities. Overall, if interested in Russian and German occupation and the history of these Baltic countries and their struggle for independence then this is the trip for it.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on October 29, 20105.0 - ExcellentFantastic tour leader, great group, excellent itinerary, lousy weather, uncomfortable beds. (One of several tours with other companies that I\'ve just completed over a 16 week period - hence the late feedback.)
- AAnonymousWritten on October 23, 20104.0 - GoodGreat trip with plenty of variety
- AAnonymousWritten on October 21, 20105.0 - ExcellentFabulous trip. Informative leader and good group of people. Dissapointing about most museums closed on mondays.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 3, 20105.0 - ExcellentExcellent trip
- AAnonymousWritten on September 27, 20104.0 - GoodWonderful trip. It was a taste of the Baltics and it's left me wanting more.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 13, 20104.0 - GoodInteresting trip, compared with asian trips that we have done quite a bit of bag carrying.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 2, 20105.0 - ExcellentThe trip was a fantastic experience. The only thing we changed was omitting Berlin and staying on in Poland, Krakow to be specific.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 1, 20104.0 - Goodthis was a very interesting and well organised tour.
- AAnonymousWritten on August 25, 20104.0 - Goodgreat quick view of the baltic region with enough time out and about amongst the locals
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Helsinki
- Day 2: Tallinn
- Day 3: Tallinn
- Day 4: Riga
- Day 5: Riga
- Day 6: Klaipeda
- Day 7: Curonian Spit National Park
- Day 8: Vilnius
- Day 9: Vilnius
- Day 10: Aukstaitija National Park
- Day 11: Aukstaitija National Park
- Day 12: Warsaw
- Day 13: Warsaw
- Day 14: Berlin
- Day 15: Berlin
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 18, 2016
What is the average age on this tour?
The general age range is 25-49 however Intrepid's appeal is diverse, which is why it is all about your shared attitude, not age.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tom, 72 years old20th April 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
Travel Ready Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 12:03:39
STARTEND PRICE SPACE LEFT
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayMay 19, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,6708 spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJun 2, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,67010+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJun 9, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,67010+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJun 16, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,6955 spaces left
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJun 23, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,7758 spaces left
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJun 30, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,77510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJul 7, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,9405 spaces left
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJul 14, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,88510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJul 21, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,88510+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from HelsinkiSaturdayJul 28, 2018in BerlinPriceUSD $2,88510+ spaces left
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroFinland , Estonia , Latvia and Germany
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Latvia and Lithuania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Helsinki is the starting point and Berlin is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 12 December 2017 the full payment of $2,670 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2670 for Baltic Experience, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,976 km.
- Helsinki (Finland)
- 81 km
- Tallinn (Estonia)
- 280 km
- Riga (Latvia)
- 250 km
- Curonian Spit National Park (Lithuania)
- 281 km
- Vilnius (Lithuania)
- 88 km
- Aukstaitija National Park (Lithuania)
- 479 km
- Warsaw (Poland)
- 517 km
- Berlin (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,670 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,426 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 21 travellers have already met
before they left for Baltic Experience tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Baltic Experience
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers