Mont Blanc Highlights
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 42:56:44
- Our saving
- US $ 1,243
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Enjoy superb panorama views
- Explore picturesque hamlets and farmhouses
- Walk through the Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy
- Dip in chalets' bubbling Jacuzzis
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Mountain Hikes
Start and end in Chamonix! With the hiking & trekking tour Mont Blanc Highlights, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Chamonix, France and 3 other destinations in Europe. Mont Blanc Highlights is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- TroyWritten on June 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely impressed with everything this trip had to offer. While we were not able to follow the planned itinerary due to remaining heavy snow accumulation at altitude the trip was still able to provide amazing hikes and mountain views. The meals from Rich and Sarah were on par with any high end restaurant in the area and they were very accommodating to all diets.The chalet was well kept and only a short walk away from downtown Chamonix. I felt that everyone with Exodus was a consummate professional and I would book another tour with them in a heartbeat.Show detailed ratings
- ZDZoeWritten on July 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis week in Charmonix was a dream! The chalet is quaint and comfortable, and the hosts Rich and Sarah are extremely hospitable. Everynight we got served 5 star meals and came home to freshly baked cakes each afternoon. The walks themselves are beautiful and certainly are 'highlights'. Thank you Exodus!Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 6, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis was a really enjoyable week walking with a very pleasant and interesting group of people. Our hosts Jayne and John at Chalet Chocolat gave us a warm welcome and provided excellent food. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Probably the top station of the Aiguille du Midi cable car.Â The mountain views up there are fantastic.Â What did you think of your group leader?Mark was very good.Â He led the group in a relaxed way, letting people come along at their own pace, which meant that I never felt rushed.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Read the trip notes and walking grade before booking.Â There were people in the group who were surprised by the steep ascents and struggled to do them.Is there anything else you would like to add?We were unlucky with the choice of day for the walk on the Italian side of the mountains as low colud persisted all day whereas it was clear in Chamonix
- AnonymousWritten on November 5, 20135.0 - ExcellentVERY VERY NICEACCOOMODATION VERY NICE -FOOD VERY GOOD SP. VEGETARIANWALKS VERU=Y GOOD What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?WHOLE TRIPWhat did you think of your group leader?EXCELIENTDo you have any advice for potential travellers?YOUR NEXT TRIPIs there anything else you would like to add?NO NEED TO HAVR A FEE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
- AnonymousWritten on October 16, 20135.0 - ExcellentGreat walks...great leader...great chalet with very welcoming hosts and fab food!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?We had a week of mixed weather, ranging from full waterproofs, rain & low cloud, to blue sky, sunglasses and sun cream.Â The 2 best walks were (a) through the Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy for a walk in the shadow of Mont Blanc giving amazing views, and (b) the walk up to Tete de Balme on theÂ France/Switzerland border.What did you think of your group leader?Nick was very good.Â He modified the walks to take account of the poor weather conditions, and made the very best of the days with good weather.Â He managed a group of mixed abilities well, including offering different options on the Tete de Balme day.Â He also entertained us with slide shows of some expeditions he had been on.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?There are many options for the free day.Â We went to Annecy, which takes awhile by train, but which is well worth a visit to see the lovely medieval old town.Â Also would recommend the micro brewery in Chamonix ;-)Is there anything else you would like to add?Special mention to John & Jayne, who looked after us so well at Chalet Chocolat.Â Breakfasts were vast, and there was lots of choice for packed lunches, whileÂ the dinners were just fab, with very tasty menus, and even a beer tasting session one evening.Â John & Jayne even parted with their fab recipes so we can try to create the same standard at home!Â However, a word of warning...John is a dab hand on the in-house table football...you have been warned!
- AnonymousWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentBriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiliant.The whole experience was great, we were not dissapointed with anything, the trip notes were accurate and Exodus kept us informed all the way. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I guess the most unexpected and uplifting exerience for Kathy and I was the bonding with our fellow walkers, guide Nick, John & Jane, our hosts.The bonding of everybody was a delight, we had so much fun both on and off the walks.What did you think of your group leader?Nick was great, he was very thorough in his preparation of the walks and was attentive to everyones needs.Nicks passion for the wilderness is evident in his manner, he just lives for it. He also has a great sense of humour.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Just do it as the saying goes, I celebrated my 60th birthday on the trek and could not have been more at ease, the accomodation was fantastic. Just read the trip notes, they are comprehensive and don't be afraid to ask questions of Exodus if you have any, we found Exodus responded in a timely and professional manner. Is there anything else you would like to add?Having had one of the best holidays ever and making some new friends, we are now planning our next trip, possibly spain with Exodus.To all the gang, happy trekking.
- AnonymousWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentGreat accommodation and excellent trek. Well paced and good variety of walking routes.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?We had pretty poor weather for most of the week. On one of the days we had climbed for 2/3 hours without seeing very much as there was very thick fog. But on our way down the sun came out and through the deep clouds the peak of mount blanc appeared. It was the most beautiful sight - simply breathtakingWhat did you think of your group leader?He was very good. Lead the group well and allowed us to go at our own pace aswell as keeping together. Had lots of fascinating stories to tell from previous expeditionsDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Definitely do it !!!! Will recommend to anyone looking for a bit of a challenge and beautiful sceneryIs there anything else you would like to add?Will be booking something again very soon !! Thankyou
- AnonymousWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentIt was really good, I would recommend the trip. I normally do munros in Scotland and thought the walks on this holiday were much easier than that. The paths are generally really good which makes the walking much easier.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Weather was a mixed bag, so the best day was when we went to Italy and got good weather so we could see the mountain tops.What did you think of your group leader?Group leader (Nick) was good. I though he took really good care of us.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take waterproof trousers. Also, I was wondering whether to use boots or trail shoes so I took both. I never used the shoes, I would say that the walks definently need boots.Oh and go up the Aiguille du midi cable car, Its really expensive (about Â£50 return) but well worth it!
- AnonymousWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded our expectations, the chalet hosts john and janet were amazing , nothing was too muchtrouble and we were spoiled with gourmet meals everyday. The setting was very beautiful and the hot tubwas very special after a days walking. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were a number of inspiring moments, the trip on the cable car to the Accueill de Midi is magnificentit takes you up to 4480 mtrs and is right next to Mont Blanc a truly enchanting exparience, the other highlightsoccured on every walk just being in the Alps and seeing such majestic sights in particular the numerous glaciers.Â What did you think of your group leader?Our group leader was Nick Mortley and he was absolutely first class he had a real depth of knowledge forall things mountain and walking . He lead our group of 14 very well always being sensitive to the needs ofeveryone and getting the pace just right.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The trip is graded as moderate and whilst we coped well it was no less demanding than the trip we did toÂ Mt Toubkal which was graded as challenging i would say make sure you have good fitness because of the amount of ascending and descending each day it can be hard on the knees if they are prone to problemsbut other than that just the usual stuff i.e good boots waterproofs wicking layers and water bottles.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?My wife and i loved this trip the other people on the trip were great fun and real team players we couldnthave asked for more and genuinely found it excellent value for money.Â
- AnonymousWritten on October 2, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis holiday would suit people who have done some mountain walking previously and are willing to fit in as part of a group for a week. A good variety of walks are included, with the option of an extra day unguided. Chalet Chocolat was an excellent base and the standard of food was very good with delicious meals to suit all tastes.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?For me, the day weÂ walkedÂ in Italy was the most memorable from the journey through the Mont Blanc tunnel to the delicious ice-cream in Courmayeur. Also the trip up to Aiguille du Midi on our rest day was definitely worth doing. We took the cable-car up to the 12602 ft summit and returned to the mid station where we disembarked and walked to the Mer de GlaceÂ glacier, taking the tram back down to Chamonix.What did you think of your group leader?Simon Conroy was an exemplary leader and had just the right amount of interaction with the group, giving us plenty of time to take photos and admire the views. He demonstrated a goodÂ knowledge of the area andÂ was totally in control, making us feel confident in his abilities at all times.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?I would recommend that anyone taking this holiday should be fairly fit and have recent experience in walking in mountains. Walking boots are recommended but I found that trail shoes were totally sufficient for the terrain in September. Walking poles would be most helpful.Is there anything else you would like to add?This was our first walking holiday with Exodus and we can wholeheartedly recommend it. It was fantastic to be part of a likeminded group to enjoy all that was on offer in the Savoy region.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Chalet Chamonix or Chocolat.
- Day 2: Drive to the head of the Chamonix Valley; walking towards Switzerland via the trekking peak L'Aiguillette des Posettes and onto Col du Possettes and then descend back towards La Tour.
- Day 3: Drive to the head of the Chamonix Valley; walking towards Switzerland via the trekking peak L'Aiguillette des Posettes and onto Col du Possettes and then descend back towards La Tour.
- Day 4: Starting from Les Houches we cross the Col de Voza and continue towards Les Contamines.
- Day 5: Free day for optional walks, activities or sightseeing.
- Day 6: Drive through the Mont Blanc tunnel to Italy; climb to Bonatti refuge and traverse high above the spectacular Ferret Valley to Courmayeur.
- Day 7: Starting from Les Praz; walk via Lac Blanc to La Flegere then descend by cable car.
- Day 8: End Chamonix.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Mont Blanc Circuit
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Mont Blanc Highlights
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Chamonix4 seats left$152$1,395-11%USD $1,243
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$160$1,595-10%USD $1,435
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$160$1,595-10%USD $1,435
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$160$1,595-10%USD $1,435
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$160$1,595-10%USD $1,435
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Chamonix5 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Chamonix8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroFrance and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Chamonix.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $1,243 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1243 for Mont Blanc Highlights, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 47 km.
- Chamonix (France)
- 7 km
- Les Houches (France)
- 8 km
- Mont Blanc (France)
- 9 km
- Courmayeur (Italy)
- 17 km
- Les Houches (France)
- 7 km
- Chamonix (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,243 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,853 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mont Blanc Highlights