Walking the Amalfi Coast
- Our saving
- US $ 1,435
- +9 Destinations
- Amalfi Coast
- View the coastline from Monte Tre Calli
- Explore the town of Amalfi
- Visit the ruins of Pompeii
- Eat locally-made Mozzarella
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- JMJasminWritten on November 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing!! So so much fun and the walks and views and food were all sensational!! Should definitely be noted that this really should not be labelled as a ‘leisure to moderate’ activity level if you are not used to walking 10km on unveven/hinterland/mountainous terrain. Large majority of people in my group used walking polls everyday and although were able to complete the walks, they were mildly challenging in some parts. But besides that, oh my gosh would recommend this tour to anyone who wants an awesome, insightful and really unique, atypical experience of Italy, you honestly learn so much and the people that do these tours (at least in my group) are so likeminded, open, genuine people and make the whole experience that much better! The accommodation is soooo lovely and the staff are absolutely fantastic! Severio was awesome, and really did his best to accommodate for everyone and we all felt like a family with his support and guidance. You won’t be disappointed with this tour!! ☺️☺️☺️Show detailed ratings
- DSDianeWritten on October 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentI didn't quite know what to expect but found the tour at about the right level for me. Our guide Severio gave us options on most walks which were to catch a bus or turn around and walk back if you felt the rest of the walk was too much. This suited my abilities fine .Our guide was experienced and had a good knowledge of the history of the places where we walked. The accommodation was comfortable and the meals first class. Would recommend this tour to others. Even the weather was lovely which was a bonus as one can't control it.Show detailed ratings
- FYFONGWritten on October 11, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was a pleasant trip. The hotel Due Torres is smoothly run handling several group from Exodus. All meals provided are good and I like the cooking and pizza demonstration after the walk. The guide Satva is a nice lady, though struggling with English tried her best to satisfy everyone's need, even gave everyone a little gift. Exodus has run this tour seamlessly after years of experience. Though the hike was short about 10 km and you can take your time to rest, a warning that there are lots of steps, 2nd day walk to Amalfi coast was 2000 steps downhill another day was 1700 steps downhill plus quite a bit of up and down too. One day after lunch break we had to climb over 700 steps uphill to reach Ravello. It's a good idea to prep the trip to do some training to strengthen your muscles.Show detailed ratings
- MFMelissaWritten on September 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur tour guide Severio was brilliant. His knowledge of Amalfi Coast was of great interest. I really enjoyed his stories and history of the area. It was my first exodus tour and I was delighted with all aspects of the tour. Thank you Severio for making our holiday so memorable.Show detailed ratings
- KFKatherineWritten on July 24, 20174.0 - GoodThis was a great trip. Our guide, Enrico, was wonderful. He tried very hard to accommodate everyone and considering there were many fires around during our tour he optimized the timing and we had very little disruption to our activities Enrico also shared a great deal of local knowledge as well as environmental and botanic information. He was a wonderful guide and definitely made this trip wonderful. The staff at Hotel Due Torri was also very accommodating and friendly. They certainly fed us well after all our hiking. The Amalfi coast is absolutely gorgeous. There is a lot to see and do and the hikes are a wonderful way to get an intimate view of life in the area.Show detailed ratings
- MTMARIEWritten on June 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentWalking the Amalfi Coast was a Surprise packed trip. Our tour leader Satva, is an absolute treasure to Exodus. Patient, rich with knowledge, great English, extremely generous with her time. This tour simply gets better and better with every corner you turn, and the locals are delightful. Excellent pick to base in Bomerano as it is lovely and quite with amazing food, friendly locals and cheap local buses to neighbouring towns. Hotel due torri in Agerola, I couldn't fault, it ticked all my boxes, fresh Mediterranean fruits, eggs, amazing crusty soft bread, lunches choice of gluten free also, the best Italian cheese, meats, antipasto and 4 course meals every evening. Best cocktails 25 euro for 7 vouchers and I'll leave the wine at dinner a surprise for you. The elegance of the decor really sets a mood. The waitstaff are true Italian gentleman, the rooms are spotless, including whitest sheets and towels. The breakfast team, so attentive and helpful. Chef and cooks have passion on there faces, always, and to be allowed into a kitchen, you know it's good. The owner, brother and son ooze passion and professionalism. This was for me a once in a lifetime walking trip with my mother that has enriched our lives. Thank you all so very much , Bravo!!!!!Show detailed ratings
- MBMargueriteWritten on January 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat trip beautiful scenery loved the accomodation -tour guide lovely and terrific other walkers -Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe trip was excellent from start to finish. The walks were varied, all requiring different muscles from one day to the next! The hotel was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they looked after us all extremely well. One comment would be the rating of the walks as leisurely to moderate, I am pretty fit but wouldn't have classified any of the walks as leisurely as there was a degree of skill or extra effort required on each day be it downward steps, climbing or being sure-footed on the more exposed pathways. Overall an excellently run trip in a beautiful part of Italy.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Standing with my hand in a hole in the crater of mount Vesuvius feeling the hot air!What did you think of your group leader?Albert was a great leader, even though he was ill for the first few days of the trip. He continued with the walks regardless even when I'm sure he would rather have been in bed with a lemsip than guiding us around Amalfi.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Be aware there is a lot of climbing and steps both up and down hill. My calves were certainly made aware of this after the 2000+ steps downhill to Amalfi on day 2!Â
- AnonymousWritten on November 5, 20135.0 - ExcellentI loved every aspect of the holiday, varied walks in beautiful scenery, the group was great fun, our leader Alejandro whose enthusiasm was contagious and the friendliness of a family hotel. We had some weather but nothing dampened our enjoyment of ths wonderful holiday.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Cresting a hill to look down on the Sorrento peninsula stretching far out to sea and Positano way below us, stunning.An impromtu Salsa dancing party on our last nightWalking around the rim of VesuvisÂ What did you think of your group leader?Totally wonderful: enthusiastic, patient, funny, he got to know everyone really quickly and we were soon a real family. I cannot praise Alejandro enough.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Ask to be in Alejandro's group!Is there anything else you would like to add?I'm only worried the next trip has so much to live up to - thanks for a memorable holiday.
- AnonymousWritten on October 22, 20135.0 - ExcellentExcellent holiday in spite of some poor weatherWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Walk of the GodsWhat did you think of your group leader?Albert was excellent. Knowledgeable, friendly and thoughtful.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?TryÂ to get a room with a balcony.Is there anything else you would like to add?Do the complete walk around the rim of Vesuvius.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Agerola.
- Day 2: An impressive walk to top of Monte Tre Calli for great wide open views of the coastline.
- Day 3: Follow mule tracks and steps down to Amalfi; free afternoon to explore the famous cathedral or the Paper Mill Museum.
- Day 4: Drive to Bay of Naples; visit fascinating ruins of Pompeii and take an optional walk up the vast crater of Mt Vesuvius.
- Day 5: Walk through the forests of the Valle delle Ferriere natural reserve to Pontone and Ravello.
- Day 6: 'Walk of the Gods' with superb panoramic views all the way to Positano; return by boat to Amalfi; try some locally-made Mozzarella cheese.
- Day 7: End Agerola.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
During the day walks, where do I leave my luggage?
You will be able to leave the majority of your luggage at the hotel and just take a day pack with you for the walks.
- January 1, 2017
Is the hotel we stay in easy to get to from the airport?
This is a centre based tour which stays in the same hotel in the town of Bomerano all week. We offer a free transfer from the airport and back to the airport at a certain time.
- January 1, 2017
When would be the best time to have this tour?
The best time to travel will be between April to October.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
Walking the Amalfi Coast
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayMar 3, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayMar 10, 2018to NaplesOnly 2 seats left$36USD $1,435
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayMar 17, 2018to Naples0 seats left$36USD $1,435
- SaturdayMar 17, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayMar 24, 2018to Naples0 seats left$38USD $1,505
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayMar 31, 2018to Naples6 seats left$38USD $1,505
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Naples8 seats left$39USD $1,545
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayApr 14, 2018to Naples8 seats left$39USD $1,545
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayApr 21, 2018to Naples0 seats left$39USD $1,545
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Naples8 seats left$39USD $1,545
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to NaplesOnly 3 seats left$39USD $1,545Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Naples8 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to NaplesOnly 1 seat left$39USD $1,545Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Naples.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 April 2018 the full payment of $1,435 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1435 for Walking the Amalfi Coast, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Naples (Italy)
- 33 km
- Bomerano (Italy)
- 5 km
- Amalfi (Italy)
- 5 km
- Bomerano (Italy)
- 13 km
- Pompei (Italy)
- 11 km
- Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio (Italy)
- 25 km
- Pontone (Italy)
- 3 km
- Ravello (Italy)
- 35 km
- Capri (Italy)
- 29 km
- Bomerano (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,435 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,431 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Walking the Amalfi Coast