Cycling in Greece
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,733
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Cycle to the Acropolis
- Explore the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Ride through peaceful olive groves
- Enjoy delicious Greek cuisine
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- CKCarolWritten on September 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentFantastic trip with a lot of local culture! Excellent food! The guides were wonderful and made for a very pleasurable trip. We had a group of 16 people from all different places.Show detailed ratings
- SOStephenWritten on May 27, 20184.0 - GoodOur two guides were amazing. Niovi and Dimitris took the group out each night for wonderful meals of Greek cooking at its best.Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 9, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis was a really interesting & fun trip. The cycling was varied enough to suit all of us.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The palace and stay at Mycenae - and we're not history buffs!What did you think of your group leader?She was absolutely fantastic. She enabled us to experience 'real' Greece - the culture, cuisine, history, scenery & above all the people. Christiana, the tour leader, is obviously a very talented lady, sorting out problems on the hoof without any fuss, and the lunchtime kitty was a real bonus. She was unfailingly supported by the ever-smiling Christos. Do you have any advice for potential travellers?We can thoroughly recommend this trip - you will experience a side of Greece unknown to most holiday makers.Is there anything else you would like to add?More cycling tours in Greece please - we would definitely come back.
- AnonymousWritten on October 20, 20135.0 - ExcellentDemanding but enjoyable cycling enhanced by the archeological sites visited, the myths of ancient Greece recounted to us in the warm evenings and the quality, variety and value of the wonderful menus negotiated by our leader.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?My husband Michael sang queen's "Bicycle" at the Ampitheatre in the temple of Asklepius at Epidauros which was not only clearly heard by our party in the upper echelons but earned a round of applause from the many other tourists!!!! (He sang because our leader Christiana had pointed out in the excellent background notes that the ancient Greeks were expert at acoustic design and if you spoke from the centre point of the ampitheatre you would be heard clearly in the gods of the open air ampitheatre. She was absolutely right.) Also racing over the tops between Epidavros and Tolo and eating dinner on the beach that night.What did you think of your group leader?Our leader Cristiana and her no.2 Cristos were tremendous. This is the first time we have started a cycling holiday with a poem which turned out ot be a prophecy which came true on our trip. They responded to major and minor crisis by keeping us informed acting with the calm of the proverbial swan. They also saved us significant amounts of money by buying lunch through a kitty and negotiating our eveninig menus so that the cost of our food and drink on the holiday was way below the advised amounts in Exodus literature. Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Mug up on Aesops Fables! Go on a diet before you set off!Is there anything else you would like to add?Glad to see you are changing from mountain bikes which were unnecessary to hybrids which will be lighter to ride and the last day of cycling should be rethought. This is our fifth cycle holiday with Exodus all of which we have really enjoyed and is overall ,taking into account cycling accomodation organisation,food and culture, and the door to door nature of the holiday, arguably the best.
- AnonymousWritten on June 15, 20135.0 - ExcellentA great holiday combining visits to historical sites I’ve always wanted to visit along with cycle touring and great food. All of the hotels except the one in Athens gave an opportunity for a swim after cycling in either the hotel pool or the sea (in one case, both). We were extremely well looked after while cycling by both Christiana and Christos who kept us supplied with ice cold water at every cycle stop along with either snacks or fruit. Some of the scenery on our tour was spectacular with Mycenae and the road approaching Tolos being particular favourites of mine. The memory of some of the delicious meals we ate will stay with me for a long time. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Visiting the historical sites and museumsWhat did you think of your group leader?Excellent, both Christiana and Christos looked after us extremely well throught the holidayDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure you take your swimming costume
- AnonymousWritten on June 15, 20135.0 - ExcellentA great holiday combining visits to historical sites I
- AnonymousWritten on June 10, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe tour is very well organized and operated by knowledgeable guides who were able to tell us about Greek history as well as showing us the pertinent sights along our route. The bicycles which were provided were in very good shape and the guides maintained them well during our travels. The accommodations were excellent with hospitable hosts in each place. While the meals were not included in the tour, the guides were very responsive to the group in chosing restaurants each day which enabled us to taste the delicacies of the particular region. I particularly appreciated the sensitivity of our guides to the environment.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I really appreciated visiting the large amphitheatre at Epidaurus, which gave me a strong sense of Greece being the cradle of western civilization.What did you think of your group leader?Christiana was superb, not only in her organization and knowledge but in providing a very personal touch in leading the tour.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Be sure to allow a few days in Athens before or after the tour.Â Also, be prepared for hot weather even in May!Is there anything else you would like to add?I have done approximately 25 cycling tours in many countries during the past ten years and I would rank this one among the very best!
- AnonymousWritten on June 9, 20135.0 - ExcellentIf you want to combine activity, culture and food(yes food glorious food!) then this is the holiday for you.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The fabulous scenery and humbling archaeological sites were all inspirationalWhat did you think of your group leader?Christiana was the perfect guide. Patient, fun, inspirational, enthusiastic and always eager to please( especially if you're a foodie !!!)Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go for it....absolutely no evidence of the financial worries that the country is suffering from....crisis, what crisis?
- AnonymousWritten on June 4, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis is our 5th cycling trip with Exodus and we feel this is the best trip that we had. We were blessed with nice blue sky every day. The cycling was just right (as we all made the climbs as a team without any stops in the middle); the roads were quiet and scenic; the ancient monuments and sights were great and the food and hotels were both 1st class. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were many inspirational moments on the trip. Being able to cycle to visit Athen's Acropolis, Mycenae and other great Greek monuments etc. is amazing. For me, the best momentÂ must beÂ having the most wonderful dinner on the beech (10 ft away from the calm water edge) drinking Ouzo after a great day cycling followed by a relaxing swim in the sea.What did you think of your group leader?Christinana is a most wondeful leader with great attention to details. She planned out everything so well and the whole trip went without a hitch (no mechanical problems, no waiting around and always, always abel get us to a great restaurant and have the most wonderful food in the evening). She is a great cyclist and we feel so safe cycling as a group with her. The trip turned out to be something like a "foodie" trip as we sampled different type of local food every day. Because we were quite a fast group + we managed to cycle together,Â we even managed to have time to go for a swim for most days.Christos is also a great cyclist and he looked after us well too and we really appreciated that the luggage were loaded and unloaded daily without fuss andÂ he alsoÂ get usÂ really yummy trail food and ice coldÂ water enroute which was wonderful.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Don't forget your camera as the historical sites were wonderful and great to visit. We were lucky to have 7 days of blue sky so make sure you bring plenty of sun cream and drinks lots. We also had plenty of chances to go for a dip (the hotels we stayed in either have a pool or right by the sea) so swiming custumes and flip flops are useful.Is there anything else you would like to add?We had been to a number of Exodus cycling trips before and this one really stands out as the best. We managed cycle all the way (hotel to hotel) without needing to do certain legs using the truck which is quite unusual. The roads were quiet and scenicÂ and there is aÂ daily highlight (either visiting some wonderful historical site or do wine tasting etc.) so it is never dull. The hotels that we stayed in were all very nice and some were family run and very friendly and in great locations. Christiana will tell you the mostÂ wonderfulÂ stories and the food that we had were just great.
- AnonymousWritten on February 1, 20134.0 - GoodFinally reviewing my late summer holiday in January; perhaps that's a good distance, to see what I remember! I'd never been to this part of Greece before, and visiting by bike, plus the initial ferry, was a great way to do it. My overwhelming recollection is of sparkling blue seas; a fascinating introduction to the history of Greece, both ancient sites and the creation of the modern country; and a good mix of some tough hills and gentler cycling.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Probably the walled town of Napflio, which was an unexpected pleasure as I'd never heard of it before. We had a few hours to choose our own method of exploring and were spoilt for choice; some of us decided to cycle up the hill to the fortress dominating the town, and were rewarded with the most fantastic views (and a lovely freewheel back down).Or was it the optional cycle from Corinth, and swimming in the sea on the site of a Greek bath house and Roman villa?What did you think of your group leader?Christiana, the leader, couldn't have done more for us. This was the inaugural trip, so there were a few adjustments needed - eg a change to the autumn ferry timetable meant a quick change to the first morning's plans. Her co-driver, Christos, was equally charming and capable, and his huge enthusiasm for cycling meant we got two guides from time to time, as well as the usual Exodus luxury of an expert puncture-mender.Alongside the cycling and guiding expertise came an infectious enthusiasm for the country, the countryside, the history, the food and the wine. What more could we want?Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Having been on several Exodus Moderate trips,Â I would place this firmly in the same bracket.Some of the climbs were in full sun, so these can get pretty hot.Is there anything else you would like to add?Thank you, Christiana and Christos; and our "bonus couple", Anna from the Exodus office and her boyfriend Francesco, who helped make this trip such a pleaseure. And the other members of the group; a thoroughly sociable team.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Athens.
- Day 2: Explore Athens by bike; ferry to Poros Island; cycle to the beach for a swim.
- Day 3: Boat to Galatas and scenic coastal ride to the ancient site of Epidaurus.
- Day 4: Optional visit to the theatre of Epidaurus, cycle to Tolo.
- Day 5: After visiting Nafplio, today's ride takes us into the heart of the Peloponnese to Mycenae.
- Day 6: Explore Nemea, famous for its wine; visit a vineyard; continue to Loutraki.
- Day 7: Bus to Athens; guided tour of the Acropolis.
- Day 8: End Athens.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cycling in Greece
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Athens8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Athens8 seats left$172$1,905-9%USD $1,733
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Athens8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Athens7 seats left$172$1,905-9%USD $1,733
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Athens8 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Athens8 seats left$172$1,905-9%USD $1,733
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Athens8 DaysSaturdaySep 28, 2019to Athens8 seats left$172$1,905-9%USD $1,733
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,733 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1733 for Cycling in Greece, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 264 km.
- Athens (Greece)
- 64 km
- Poros (Greece)
- 34 km
- Epidavros (Greece)
- 29 km
- Tolon (Greece)
- 7 km
- Nafplio (Greece)
- 18 km
- Mycenae (Greece)
- 14 km
- Nemea (Greece)
- 27 km
- Corinth (Greece)
- 6 km
- Loutraki (Greece)
- 65 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,733 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cycling in Greece