Finnish Wilderness Week
- Our saving
- US $ 2,044
- Go snowshoeing in Oulanka National Park
- Spend the day skiing in Ruka
- Dogsled the Riisitunturi woods
- Build your own quinzee snow shelter
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka.
- Day 2: Snowshoe hike in Oulanka National park walking through snow-caked trees and along the Kitka River
- Day 3: Cross-country skiing in the morning heading down to the Juuma lake; free afternoon.
- Day 4: Half day dogsledding instruction and tour (about 10km) in Riisitunturi National Park; optional ice climbing.
- Day 5: .. Morning visit reindeer farm and museum with a ride on a reindeer sleigh; free afternoon in Ruka for optional activities.
- Day 6: Wilderness skills including quinzee building and fire-making; optional night in the quinzee.
- Day 7: Optional activities including ice climbing, dogsledding or unguided cross-country skiing; dinner around a campfire.
- Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- ChristieWritten on April 15, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Alternate accommodations were made for us at the Logging Lodge / Oulangan maja due to gi illness at basecamp. Overall, Martii organized a very good trip, food was great, everyday we did something different. Ismo and Elina were wonderful to work with when... Read more
- JRJoanna RedfernWritten on May 3, 20135.0 - Excellent
A fantastic holiday really enjoyed all the activities especially the Huskys and the Quinze Building (felt like a real achievement to build and sleep in it). The surrounding area was beautiful and it felt like a real break to re charge batteries.... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- SHStefanie HessWritten on April 26, 20135.0 - Excellent
Great week in the finish wilderness with so much snow. Eventhough we stayed at the same place for one week, there was no boredom: every day we did new activities and got to know the area from a different perspective! Perfect winterholiday, would recommend... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- LCLizzie CrooseWritten on April 17, 20135.0 - Excellent
Fantastic week in an absolutely stunning landscape. A great mix of winter activities - definitely something for everyone!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I enjoyed the whole range of activities we did throughout the week. Husky dog... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- NFNicola FryerWritten on March 23, 20135.0 - Excellent
A holiday that`s completely different-the furthest North I`ve ever been-close to Arctic circle, fantastic scenery and climate- great activities, aching in every muscle when i got home, so I know it`s been a good holiday!What was the most inspirational... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- CFClare FielderWritten on March 19, 20134.0 - Good
My holiday starts with the planning. I wanted an experience.Review collected by Exodus Travels
- ABAlison BarclayWritten on March 19, 20135.0 - Excellent
Very varied trip. The chance to try out a variety of winter skills in stunning scenery. Oh! And Northern Lights.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The dog sledding trip through a wonderful forest was the highlight for me - even better than... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- KBKatie BellWritten on March 18, 20134.0 - Good
Great winter holiday away from the madding crowds with lots of new experiences and activities to tryWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Husky sledding through the snow-clad treesAn amazing Northern Lights display before spending the night Â... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- GMGillian MurrayWritten on March 17, 20134.0 - Good
I really enjoyed the weeks activities, I had been concerned about my fitness levels before I went on the trip but as the sessions were usually half a day this was not a problem. All the activities were well supervised and mostly well organised although as... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- JDJillian DavisWritten on March 10, 20135.0 - Excellent
Such a beautiful winter paradise. Just point your camera in any direction and click.A great range of fun activities. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The magic of the wonderland of the Oulanka national park. Husky sleddingÂ - the amazing... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
- Finland with Exodus Travels
- Basecamp Oulanka with Exodus Travels
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Raina7th March 2019
Finnish Wilderness Week
- Upcoming departures
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayDec 15, 2019to Kuusamo8 seats left$422$2,405-15%USD $2,044Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 15, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayDec 22, 2019to Kuusamo6 seats left$448$2,555-15%USD $2,172Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 29, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 5, 2020to Kuusamo0 seats left$82USD $2,749Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayJan 5, 2020from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 12, 2020to Kuusamo8 seats left$422$2,405-15%USD $2,044Sharing a twin room
- SundayJan 12, 2020from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 19, 2020to Kuusamo8 seats left$422$2,405-15%USD $2,044Sharing a twin room
- SundayJan 19, 2020from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 26, 2020to Kuusamo8 seats left$422$2,405-15%USD $2,044Sharing a twin room
- SundayJan 26, 2020from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 2, 2020to KuusamoOnly 2 seats left$430$2,449-15%USD $2,082Sharing a twin roomBook Now Hold my
- SundayFeb 2, 2020from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 9, 2020to Kuusamo8 seats left$422$2,405-15%USD $2,044Sharing a twin room
- SundayFeb 9, 2020from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 16, 2020to Kuusamo6 seats left$422$2,405-15%USD $2,044Sharing a twin room
- SundayFeb 16, 2020from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 23, 2020to Kuusamo8 seats left$422$2,405-15%USD $2,044Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Finland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Kuusamo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 5 February 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 5 February 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Exodus Travels. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Exodus Travels. Please familiarise yourself with the Exodus Travels payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Kuusamo (Finland)
- 54 km
- Oulanka (Finland)
- 33 km
- Ruka (Finland)
- 23 km
- Kuusamo (Finland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,044 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,693 tours in Europe
- covered by 533 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Finnish Wilderness Week