Finnish Wilderness Week
- Our saving
- US $ 2,095
- Go snowshoeing in Oulanka National Park
- Spend the day skiing in Ruka
- Dogsled the Riisitunturi woods
- Build your own quinzee snow shelter
- Joanna RedfernWritten on May 3, 20135.0 - Excellent
A fantastic holiday really enjoyed all the activities especially the Huskys and the Quinze Building (felt like a real achievement to build and sleep in it). The surrounding area was beautiful and it felt like a real break to re charge batteries.... Read more
- Stefanie HessWritten on April 26, 20135.0 - Excellent
Great week in the finish wilderness with so much snow. Eventhough we stayed at the same place for one week, there was no boredom: every day we did new activities and got to know the area from a different perspective! Perfect winterholiday, would recommend... Read more
- Lizzie CrooseWritten on April 17, 20135.0 - Excellent
Fantastic week in an absolutely stunning landscape. A great mix of winter activities - definitely something for everyone!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I enjoyed the whole range of activities we did throughout the week. Husky dog... Read more
- Nicola FryerWritten on March 23, 20135.0 - Excellent
A holiday that`s completely different-the furthest North I`ve ever been-close to Arctic circle, fantastic scenery and climate- great activities, aching in every muscle when i got home, so I know it`s been a good holiday!What was the most inspirational... Read more
- Clare FielderWritten on March 19, 20134.0 - Good
My holiday starts with the planning. I wanted an experience.
- Alison BarclayWritten on March 19, 20135.0 - Excellent
Very varied trip. The chance to try out a variety of winter skills in stunning scenery. Oh! And Northern Lights.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The dog sledding trip through a wonderful forest was the highlight for me - even better than... Read more
- Katie BellWritten on March 18, 20134.0 - Good
Great winter holiday away from the madding crowds with lots of new experiences and activities to tryWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Husky sledding through the snow-clad treesAn amazing Northern Lights display before spending the night Â... Read more
- Gillian MurrayWritten on March 17, 20134.0 - Good
I really enjoyed the weeks activities, I had been concerned about my fitness levels before I went on the trip but as the sessions were usually half a day this was not a problem. All the activities were well supervised and mostly well organised although as... Read more
- Jillian DavisWritten on March 10, 20135.0 - Excellent
Such a beautiful winter paradise. Just point your camera in any direction and click.A great range of fun activities. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The magic of the wonderland of the Oulanka national park. Husky sleddingÂ - the amazing... Read more
- Helen CharnleyWritten on March 4, 20135.0 - Excellent
Great week that allowed the group to be as active as they wished. Amazing food and lovely, warm accommodation. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Too many although the memory of trekking through the forest at night to make and throw a... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka.
- Day 2: Snowshoe hike in Oulanka National park walking through snow-caked trees and along the Kitka River
- Day 3: Cross-country skiing in the morning heading down to the Juuma lake; free afternoon.
- Day 4: Half day dogsledding instruction and tour (about 10km) in Riisitunturi National Park; optional ice climbing.
- Day 5: Free day in Ruka; morning option of snowmobile safari; afternoon option of downhill skiing.
- Day 6: Wilderness skills including quinzee building and fire-making; optional night in the quinzee.
- Day 7: Optional activities including ice climbing, dogsledding or unguided cross-country skiing; dinner around a campfire.
- Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Finland with Exodus Travels
- Basecamp Oulanka with Exodus Travels
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
Finnish Wilderness Week
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- December 2019
- SundayDec 23, 2018from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayDec 30, 2018to Kuusamo0 seats left$102USD $2,555
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 6, 2019to Kuusamo0 seats left$102USD $2,555
- SundayJan 6, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to KuusamoOnly 3 seats left$87USD $2,165
- SundayJan 13, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 20, 2019to Kuusamo8 seats left$87USD $2,165
- SundayJan 20, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayJan 27, 2019to KuusamoOnly 1 seat left$87USD $2,165
- SundayJan 27, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to Kuusamo6 seats left$87USD $2,165
- SundayFeb 3, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 10, 2019to Kuusamo4 seats left$90USD $2,245
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 17, 2019to Kuusamo8 seats left$90USD $2,245
- SundayFeb 17, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayFeb 24, 2019to Kuusamo0 seats left$90USD $2,245
- SundayFeb 24, 2019from Kuusamo8 DaysSundayMar 3, 2019to Kuusamo8 seats left$87USD $2,165Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Finland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Kuusamo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 February 2019 the full payment of $2,095 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2095 for Finnish Wilderness Week, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Kuusamo (Finland)
- 54 km
- Oulanka (Finland)
- 33 km
- Ruka (Finland)
- 23 km
- Kuusamo (Finland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,095 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,089 tours in Europe
- covered by 310 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 23,733 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours