Finnish Wilderness Week
- Tour Operator:
- Exodus Travels
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
- Go snowshoeing in Oulanka National Park
- Spend the day skiing in Ruka
- Dogsled the Riisitunturi woods
- Build your own quinzee snow shelter
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Start Basecamp Oulanka.
- Day 2: Snowshoe hike in Oulanka National park walking through snow-caked trees and along the Kitka River
- Day 3: Cross-country skiing in the morning heading down to the Juuma lake; free afternoon.
- Day 4: Half-day dogsledding instruction and tour (about 10km) in Riisitunturi National Park; optional ice climbing.
- Day 5: Free day in Ruka; morning option of snowmobile safari; afternoon option of downhill skiing
- Day 6: Wilderness skills including quinzee building and fire-making; optional night in the quinzee.
- Day 7: Optional activities including ice climbing, dogsledding, or unguided cross-country skiing; dinner around a campfire.
- Day 8: End Basecamp Oulanka.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- HBHannah· February 10th, 2020An absolutely amazing week with a great bunch of people. The staff were fantastic and enthusiastic. We had a lot of activities planned but also plenty of free time to explore as we wanted or to relax. Would strongly recommend to anyone interested in... Show moreTrip date: February 2020
- Kerryn· December 20th, 2019The Finnish wilderness week was sensational from start to ‘Finnish’ . Brilliant staff at Basecamp, lovely clean facilities, great food. Activities were fun, great balance between activities and free time that allowed opportunity to just relax in the... Show moreTrip date: December 2019
- Christie· April 15th, 2019Alternate accommodations were made for us at the Logging Lodge / Oulangan maja due to gi illness at basecamp. Overall, Martii organized a very good trip, food was great, everyday we did something different. Ismo and Elina were wonderful to work with... Show moreTrip date: April 2019
- AJoanna Redfern· May 3rd, 2013A fantastic holiday really enjoyed all the activities especially the Huskys and the Quinze Building (felt like a real achievement to build and sleep in it). The surrounding area was beautiful and it felt like a real break to re charge batteries.... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AStefanie Hess· April 26th, 2013Great week in the finish wilderness with so much snow. Eventhough we stayed at the same place for one week, there was no boredom: every day we did new activities and got to know the area from a different perspective! Perfect winterholiday, would... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ALizzie Croose· April 17th, 2013Fantastic week in an absolutely stunning landscape. A great mix of winter activities - definitely something for everyone!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I enjoyed the whole range of activities we did throughout the week. Husky dog... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ANicola Fryer· March 23rd, 2013A holiday that`s completely different-the furthest North I`ve ever been-close to Arctic circle, fantastic scenery and climate- great activities, aching in every muscle when i got home, so I know it`s been a good holiday!What was the most inspirational... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAlison Barclay· March 19th, 2013Very varied trip. The chance to try out a variety of winter skills in stunning scenery. Oh! And Northern Lights.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The dog sledding trip through a wonderful forest was the highlight for me - even better... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AClare Fielder· March 19th, 2013My holiday starts with the planning. I wanted an experience.Review collected by Exodus Travels
- AKatie Bell· March 18th, 2013Great winter holiday away from the madding crowds with lots of new experiences and activities to tryWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Husky sledding through the snow-clad treesAn amazing Northern Lights display before spending the... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday5 Dec, 2021EnglishSunday12 Dec, 2021Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday12 Dec, 2021EnglishSunday19 Dec, 2021Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday26 Dec, 2021EnglishSunday2 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,8790% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday2 Jan, 2022EnglishSunday9 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday9 Jan, 2022EnglishSunday16 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday16 Jan, 2022EnglishSunday23 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday23 Jan, 2022EnglishSunday30 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday30 Jan, 2022EnglishSunday6 Feb, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday6 Feb, 2022EnglishSunday13 Feb, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSunday13 Feb, 2022EnglishSunday20 Feb, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,6490% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Discover TourRadar