Hidden Tokyo Experience
- Tour Operator:
- Discovi Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 35
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 Welcome to Tokyo!
- Day 2 Harajuku and Shibuya
- Day 3 Asakusa and Akihabara
- Day 4 Sushi and Yakiniku Dinner night!
- Day 5 Choose your own Premium experience!
- Day 6 Solo Explore!
- Day 7 Kamakura Temple Hopping!
- Day 8 Tokyo
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Discovi Travel
We want to take out the stereotype that travel is expensive and let You travel the countries of your dreams for only $499. We are DIscovi Travel and we run 8-day social group travel trips for 18 - 35-year-olds all across the world. Each group consists of 8-10 like-minded travelers per group. This year we are going to Japan, Croatia, Italy, and Thailand! Our main goal is to help people who never thought they would be able to travel to get out there and turn their dream into reality.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AAnonymous· February 9th, 2023Much improved. I have been to Japan twice now both times with Discovi and this was by far the best trip I could have imagined. There are new guides all local Japanese every single one of them is amazing (Shinya was exceptional!) and a brand new Hotel... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- AAnonymous· February 9th, 2023I expected this to be more touristy but I WAS SO SHOCKED This is a local tour! I felt like we had the nicest guides all Japanese and they knew so many little spots that you would never find yourself! Take this tour if you want to see the real JapanTrip date: April 2019
- Kylie· November 13th, 2019BUYER BE AWARE. If you are looking for a good experience with great food and included activities for the steep $600 cost, this tour probably isn't for you. If you are looking to meet some wonderful people and form some solid friendships with people... Show moreDiscovi Travel commented on this reviewWe are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great time with us. Our company is created for budget travellers, who want to explore the world at an affordable price, so we choose to make our activities optional. We have stated which ones are included on... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- Charmaine· October 4th, 2019Please READ before booking. This is not to badger anyone but I want people to be aware of the facts and my experience with Discovi. The description provided at the time of booking and the additional details provided after booking were misleading. The... Show moreDiscovi Travel commented on this reviewWe are sorry about your experience. This is not usual. Due to the typhoon, a lot of plans had to be changed, delayed, or cancelled. We tried our best to navigate through it, but it seemed there are still some problems that we should have communicated... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- SHshanara· October 3rd, 2019great trip! such nice tour guides and an amazing group. the time spent with my tour group and the memories we made are unforgettable ♡Trip date: September 2019
- Jade· September 9th, 2019As somebody who appreciates my alone time, I can say that the tour catered to this aspect whilst still having a nice balance of socialising with the group. Fortunately, I had the chance to see a lot on this tour from: shrines/buildings/shops and... Show moreTrip date: September 2019
- Kelly· June 20th, 2019Had a great time, great balance of group time and solo time, and made awesome memories. Truly a hidden experience, you really do feel like you are living in Tokyo like a native citizen.Trip date: June 2019
- EJElijah· June 11th, 2019An excellent tour for people who want to learn how to travel Tokyo and Japan in general comfortably alone and on a budget! Also check their own website for hotter deals.Trip date: June 2019
- victoria· May 5th, 2019This was a fun experience. If you want to save money, I recommend this tour group.Trip date: April 2019
- JJackie· April 9th, 2019Awesome trip. Thanks discoviTrip date: April 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Tuesday20 Jun, 2023Tuesday27 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,799
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday2 Aug, 2023Wednesday9 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,799
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday24 Aug, 2023Thursday31 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,799
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday6 Sep, 2023Wednesday13 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,7990% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday20 Sep, 2023Wednesday27 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,7990% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday26 Oct, 2023Thursday2 Nov, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,7990% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B.
- Type AJapan
- Type BJapan
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before August 3rd, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after August 3rd, 2023, a minimum payment of $250 is required to confirm your booking with Discovi Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Discovi Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Discovi Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Japan
- Japan Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- 2 Week (14 Days) Japan Travel Itineraries & Cost 2023/2024
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Japan from Tokyo
- Japan In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 8 days Japan
- Operators in Asia
- Central Japan
- Southern Japan
- Hidden Tokyo Experience Tours in Japan
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Mount Fuji
- Central Japan
- Southern Japan
- Japan tours