Balkans Rail Adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 2,430
- See many of the nations of Former Yugoslavia
- Visit seven cities and discover their varying history
- Ride one of the most stunning train rides in Europe
- Admire the scenery, waterfalls and lakes of Plitvice
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Hotel, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join trip in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Start point Hotel Park, Hotel reception, Tabor 9, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia 18:00
- Day 2: Explore Ljubljana on foot; chance to visit beautiful Lake Bled
- Day 3: Free morning in Ljubljana; train to Zagreb, Croatia
- Day 4: Walking tour of Zagreb; visit to beautiful Plitvice National Park
- Day 5: Travel to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Day 6: Walking tour of Sarajevo; chance to visit the Tunnel Museum
- Day 7: Scenic rail trip to Mostar with a walking tour on arrival
- Day 8: Visit Old Town Dubrovnik and the Bay of Kotor en route to Podgorica
- Day 9: Scenic train journey to Belgrade, Serbia
- Day 10: Excursion to Novi Sad; traditional Serbian barbeque dinner
- Day 11: Walking tour of Belgrade; drive to Skopje, North Macedonia
- Day 12: Orientation tour of Skopje; traditional North Macedonian dinner
- Day 13: Train to Bitola and visit to the ancient city of Heraclea
- Day 14: Journey to Ohrid with an afternoon boat ride on the lake
- Day 15: Visit to Mavrovo National Park en route to Pristina, Kosovo
Day 16: Trip ends in Pristina
End point Hotel Garden, Hotel reception, Tahir Zajmi, Prishtinë 10000 09:00
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CCatherineWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A truly wonderful trip - 7 countries of the former Yugoslavia in 15 days, with rains and a really good variety of cities, countryside, and sights thrown in. Overall, a very good/fun group.Review collected by Explore!
- PPaulWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Some fellow Explorers seemed to carry a lot of luggage ...would info on a Launderette facilities near some Hotels on a 2 Day stopover help.Review collected by Explore!
- DDavidWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A very well planned trip of the correct length.Review collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew3rd January 2019
Balkans Rail Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- May 2020
- June 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Ljubljana16 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Pristina6 seats left$51USD $2,489
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Ljubljana16 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Pristina6 seats left$51USD $2,489
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Ljubljana16 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Pristina4 seats left$51USD $2,489
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Ljubljana16 DaysSundayMay 17, 2020to Pristina10+ seats left$50USD $2,430
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Ljubljana16 DaysSundayJun 7, 2020to Pristina10+ seats left$50USD $2,430
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Ljubljana16 DaysSundayJun 21, 2020to Pristina10+ seats left$50USD $2,430
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020from Ljubljana16 DaysSundayJul 5, 2020to Pristina10+ seats left$50USD $2,430
- SaturdaySep 5, 2020from Ljubljana16 DaysSundaySep 20, 2020to Pristina10+ seats left$50USD $2,430
- SaturdaySep 19, 2020from Ljubljana16 DaysSundayOct 4, 2020to Pristina10+ seats left$50USD $2,430
- SaturdaySep 26, 2020from Ljubljana16 DaysSundayOct 11, 2020to Pristina10+ seats left$50USD $2,430
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSlovenia , Montenegro and Kosovo
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovenia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Serbia and Macedonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Serbia and Macedonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Slovenia and Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Ljubljana is the starting point and Pristina is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 17 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 17 October 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 47 km
- Bled (Slovenia)
- 47 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 117 km
- Zagreb (Croatia)
- 110 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
- 225 km
- Vrpolje (Croatia)
- 58 km
- Doboj (Bosnia)
- 100 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 79 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,430 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,045 tours in Europe
- covered by 569 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Balkans Rail Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 30,951 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours