The Silk Road of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
- Experience the contrasts of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan
- Sample nomadic life with nights in a traditional felt tents
- Stand on the shores of sublime alpine lakes
- Explore Chichkan Gorge and woodland of Arslanbob
- Mingle with the friendly locals at lively bazaars
- Day 1 In Bishkek; afternoon city sightseeing
- Day 2 Drive to Karakol via Burana Tower and Issyk Kul Lake
- Day 3 Explore Karakol; walk in Djety Oguz Gorge
- Day 4 Drive to Kochkor; visit waterfalls en route
- Day 5 Spend the night in a traditional yurt at Song Kul Lake
- Day 6 Morning at Song Kul; return to Kochkor
- Day 7 Scenic drive through the mountains to Suusamyr Valley
- Day 8 Walking in Chichkan Gorge; afternoon drive to Toktogul Reservoir
- Day 9 Mountain drive to Djalal-Abad.
- Day 10 Discover Arslanbob, walk through walnut woodland, visit waterfall
- Day 11 Drive to Osh; cross border into Uzbekistan and drive to Fergana City
- Day 12 Drive via ceramic workshop in Rishtan to Tashkent
- Day 13 In Tashkent, city tour; free afternoon
- Day 14 Fly to Urgench in western Uzbekistan and drive to the ancient city of Khiva
- Day 15 In Khiva, visit the Old Citadel; free afternoon
- Day 16 Scenic drive through vast plains to Bokhara
- Day 17 In Bokhara, discover blue-tiled domes and minarets; learn about the city's history
- Day 18 Free day to explore Bokhara's sights further
- Day 19 Drive to Yangikasgan desert camp for overnight in a yurt; optional camel ride
- Day 20 Drive to Samarkand; afternoon exploration of the city's monuments including Registan Square
- Day 21 In Samarkand, discover magnificent mosques and mausoleums; free afternoon to explore further
- Day 22 In Samarkand, free morning; afternoon high-speed train to Tashkent
- Day 23 Tour ends in Tashkent
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for almost 40 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 12; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- AJoanne· June 18th, 2022Second tour manager in Uzbekistan was also good. With excellent local knowledge.Trip date: May 2022
- ARobert· June 17th, 2022Trip date: May 2022
- ADiana· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for the review. Glad you had a nice trip!Trip date: August 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AGill· December 23rd, 2019This was a combination trip with its own code,I think as such there should not have been a large number of people joining the tour in Tashkent. Their arrival upset the dynamics of the group which didn't fully recover. The second half of the tour was not... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewthanks for your feedback, we still keep group sizes small on our combination trips so when new travellers join the group it won't exceed the maximum group size. Sorry to hear in your case the second part of your trip felt different and we hope you still... Show moreTrip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAnne· May 17th, 2019THANK YOU FOR 24 MAGICAL DAYS. I AM EXHAUSTED AND VERY HAPPY. NOW BUSY SORTING & PRINTING HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS, RE-LIVING THE EXPERIENCE AT THE SAME TIME.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your lovely review.Trip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Monday31 Jul, 2023Tuesday22 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,210
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday4 Sep, 2023Tuesday26 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,210Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday11 Sep, 2023Tuesday3 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,210Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday18 Sep, 2023Tuesday10 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,2100% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday20 May, 2024Tuesday11 Jun, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,5900% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday27 May, 2024Tuesday18 Jun, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,5900% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday22 Jul, 2024Tuesday13 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,5900% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday29 Jul, 2024Tuesday20 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,5900% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday2 Sep, 2024Tuesday24 Sep, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,5900% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday9 Sep, 2024Tuesday1 Oct, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$5,5900% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Uzbekistan SumUzbekistan
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, I. As a traveller from Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CKyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan
- Type EKyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan
- Type FKyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan
- Type IUzbekistan
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Kyrgyzstan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before August 18th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after August 18th, 2023, a minimum payment of 10% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Asia
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Asia from Bishkek
- Asia In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 23 days Asia
- From Bishkek to Tashkent
- Operators in Asia
- The Silk Road of Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan Tours in Central Asia
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Silk Road Tours
- Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan Tours
- Central Asia Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Silk Road
- Kyrgyzstan tours
- Uzbekistan tours