Greek Island Hopping
- Our saving
- US $ 2,365
- +3 Destinations
- Greek Islands
- Enjoy Mykonos’ breathtaking vistas
- Experience stunning Santorini sunsets
- Feast on local olives, feta and tzatziki
- Party at the famous Paradise Beach
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- KHKatyWritten on July 19, 20172.0 - Rather poorI have travelled with contiki twice before, doing the "Spanish Spree" trip in 2015 with Jimmy Hosking and the "Berlin to Budapest" trip with Cam in 2016. My past two experiences have simply blown my expectations. However, this contiki was simply not on par with my last experiences. The tour guides had absolutely no respect or regard for the safety of the travellers on this tour, were more concerned with drinking and having fun themselves and acted completely unprofessional in multiple ways. For example, when worried a fellow traveller did not make it on one of the two buses for coming home on a night out, I told my tour guide, Stazzy, that I was scared my female fellow travelled was left behind and potentially in a dangerous situation. He continued to tell me that he had seen this traveller safe on the first bus going to the hotel, and that he saw her sleeping on the bus. (I understand people do get left behind, and if I had heard she had been then I would have had the opportunity to go back to the area with a buddy to find this person). This situation led to me getting myself into the second bus and unfortunately finding the individual a ways up in Mykonos walking in a pitch black area, upset, trying to get back to the hotel who was lucky enough to catch eye of the bus after a solid 15 minutes of us driving and getting the bus to stop for her and let her on. So, my tour guide lied about the safety of my friend by telling me he had seen her on the bus. I had asked him multiple times if this was the case, and he assured me she was safe. The lying of her safety led to preventing her friends from going back to find her and get her, as she would have likely been safe at the club at that point since we had been assigned to leave the club at 2am and the tour guides decided to leave at 130am which I do not believe they communicated with everyone efficiently which led to people being left. If we'd been told, we could have had the chance to go back and look for her in a group. This lying led to her being left at this night club, taken into an ally way from a local offering her help to find the bus and nearly being sexually assaulted as she had to forcefully get herself away from this man. When she got on the bus she was in a distressed state. I was shocked because I put trust in my tour guides - the same trust I put in jimmy and cam and for the first time had been completely let down. I would like to add as well that after this situation happened, I confronted Stazzy about what happened and he did admit to having lied to me my opinion of this situation is not one sided. In addition, I was completely sober this evening because I ended up having a stomach bacteria and the symptoms were just starting so I did not drink whatsoever. I did see the tour guides drinking a lot in the night club, and it is possible he was so intoxicated that he either felt it was easier to lie because he wanted to get home or that he was drunk he simply didn't care and just didn't want to be responsible and said whatever he could to get me off his back about my safety concerns. Secondly, during my tour I got a stomach bacteria and had to go to the clinic and get anti biotics. In my tour with cam, this issue for another traveller I saw was handled by getting a doctor to come to the hotel. I called Gerwyn and asked if I could see a doctor, and all I got was "ask reception and get yourself there on your own". I was offered no compassion or support for my situation. Eventually, my roommate confronted Gerwyns attitude and he finally caved and brought us to the hospital but didn't act like he wanted to be there and treated me like an inconvenience. After, since we missed dinner he offered to have our food brought to us later in the evening so we could still have dinner, which I thanked him for and appreciated. However, although we got our meal, the next day many fellow travellers came up to me to ask if I was okay, telling me Gerwyn had shared my medical information with anyone in ear shot of him at dinner. This is after I told him I was embarrassed and wanted no one to know. I felt like my privacy had been invaded and I was extremely upset that information about my body was shared to people I did not know well enough to feel comfortable sharing. Thirdly, I was told verbally by these guides that drug use is prohibited on contiki, and that the tour guides must see a photo of drug use being done or see it themselves in order to kick people off the tour for drugs or intervene. Apparently, hearsay no matter how frequent is not efficient clause for intervening on drug use. On my tour, drugs were a problem. For example, at a contiki included dinner, a girl was letting guys snort cocaine off of her boobs at the dinner table in front of everyone. On another occasion, Gerwyn told me a few individuals I could name asked him if they could buy drugs from him. On many occasions drugs were in open sight and to the extent where even I who was not friends with these people noticed because it was constant, loud and happened so often I did not meet a single fellow traveller who hadn't witnessed at least one incident. The tour guides told me and others that they knew they were doing drugs but "hadn't seen it or a photo" so they could do nothing. It was extremely hard for me to believe that every single person on this tour saw them doing it and somehow the guides missed every single instance of this, which leads me to believe the tour guides without a doubt we're breaking a policy I thought was important to contiki. I am a fun person who thinks everyone can do what they want, but the problem with the drug use is they were condoning young people (many were 19-21) buying drugs from random people off the street risking their own safety, and they were condoning other forms of bullying related to drugs I saw on this tour. Fourthly, the bullying related to drugs on this tour was beyond anything close to anything I'd seen on past contikis. An example of this is I had a friend I met on the contiki who was roommates with two new individuals she had just met who were very into drug use. She is a easy going girl who does not do drugs, but is fine with whatever others choose to do. However, her roommate was so intoxicated one night that she actually got a mdma pill and shoved it into the girls mouth, making her have to go spit it out in private. They were having sex on the balcony, throwing the girls drying swimshorts off the balcony which contiki never retrieved for her after she told them what happened. It is understandable that after this constant harassment she wanted to change rooms. In my tour in 2016 with Cam, I signed up for a double room but got upgraded to a single because there was an uneven amount of women, and halfway through the tour cam pulled me aside within 10 minutes of a girl telling him she was being bullied, and asked me if I was okay being roomed with her and the issue was solved. Because of this, I encouraged the girl to ask Stazzy about changing to a safer room and telling him the problems she'd been facing. However, when she did he essentially told her he may not be able to do it and to "wait and see if it happens again and then we can do something". I am sorry, but when you spend over 2,000 dollars on a vacation with a tour guide and you are being abused this severely by those around you, they NEED to offer you safety. At this point I was aware it may be difficult to work out the logistics of the room change, but contiki needs to prioritize their clients safety and make it happen. Eventually it did happen and she was put with a girl like me on my last tour who was looking for a double and upgraded to a single room. However, this process involved basically having to beg the tour guides and having another traveller yell at them to care about this girls safety. It was simply unacceptable and not on par with the contiki I have travelled with before. Another situation that reflects Gerwyn and Stazzy is on one of the last nights, two girls who shared a room asked Stazzy and Gerwyn if they could stick by one of them during the night out because only one of the roommates wished to go out and they were told they needed a buddy system and she had no buddy to go with. Gerwyn and Stazzy promised to stick around and not let her go home by herself. However, once they went out, they ditched her and left her alone all night leading her to go home scared by herself because they were more concerned with drinking themselves. This same night, girls were talking the next day saying that Gerwyn was getting girls to take shots off his body at the club, so it is clear that it wasn't like he ditched her to tend to a pressing issue like caring for someone who needed help with anything in the group. My recommendation is that Jimmy Hosking and Cam train these guys. When I did Spanish Spree, Jimmy was teaching multiple trainee tour guides such as a Zach who had an Afro, and another individual named Evan Minus. Even these trainee tour guides were a million times better and made me feel way more safe then Stazzy and Gerwyn. In Greece, travelling as a woman can be scary, and reminded me a bit of Spain. However, in Spain I never felt unsafe because my tour guide made me feel so safe. In Greece, I felt I was travelling alone and like no one cared, because they didn't. The tour was also completely disorganized. In my last two tours, I felt like I always knew what was going on, meeting times and what the optionals entailed. This tour no one ever knew what was going on and the tour guides were completely unclear and confusing. I felt like I was travelling with a crappy, cheap company. I couldn't believe it was contiki. This is my third contiki. This isn't me doing contiki for the first time and not liking it. This is me doing it for the third time because I loved it so much, and I'm so upset I lost my money to do this tour. Greece was beautiful and I had good moments on my trip, but every amazing moment and memory I had that I'll cherish forever had nothing to do with contiki or anything they did for me. I am now asking for any possible refund because it actually makes me feel nausous that as a 22 year old student who works hard for their money that I was basically giving money to two guides who did not care about me or anyone else who paid so much to be there and also deserved good service.Show detailed ratings
- AAshleighWritten on June 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentSuch an amazing tour! Nicole and Ryan were amazing in August 2016. Such a good way to see Greece and the islands over 13 days. Excellent value for money and so good fellow travellers, 10/10 recommend!!Show detailed ratings
- HSHessamWritten on June 19, 20172.5 - AverageToo expensive, it doesn't worth it at all!!!Show detailed ratings
- DDDanhWritten on March 6, 20173.5 - GoodWay overdue review for a Greek Islands tour with Nicole in 2014. She had a busted lip that month, but it didn't hamper style at all. Took us to all the best places, arranged for us to go clubbing to see the Chainsmokers, went bar hopping with us every night. Definitely one of the best tour guides I've ever had, would recommend doing a tour with her without any hesitation.Show detailed ratings
- LLeonWritten on September 23, 20165.0 - ExcellentI can't imagine a better way to travel the Greek Islands than with Nicole as the trip manager. Her passion, knowledge and love of her job is second to none. They say Contiki trips change your life...and that is definitely true! I honestly can't thank Nicole enough for everything she did!Show detailed ratings
- JCJessicaWritten on September 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was honestly better then I was expecting. Nicole was out tour guide and she went above and beyond to make sure that everybody had the time of their livesShow detailed ratings
- JVJessicaWritten on September 13, 20164.5 - ExcellentGreece exceeded my expectations. The tour was such an amazing experience and big part of it was because of our tour guide Nicole! She was an awesome tour guide who was willing to have fun with the rest of the group!Show detailed ratings
- SCSachaWritten on September 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentBEST TIME EVER! Nicole was amazing, always happy and energetic and very organised. The whole trip in Greece ran smoothly and even when I was injured, stung by jellyfish, she stayed calm and helped me get the care I needed to continue the trip healthy and happy. Would do it again with Nicole in a heartbeatShow detailed ratings
- JMJorinWritten on September 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the Greek island hopping tour with Nicole in 2015 and she was amazing. Even after a brutally long week and a half of her organizing everything for us and getting up many hours before us, she managed to stay out with us every night and keep a smile on. Nicole is very enthusiastic and lives to care for others and ensure that they have the trip of their life. This trip was everything that I expected and more.Show detailed ratings
- MGMelissaWritten on September 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing, definitely more then i expected.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Athens
- Day 2: Athens
- Day 3: Athens to Mykonos
- Day 3 - 5: Mykonos
- Day 6: Mykonos to Santorini
- Day 6 - 8: Santorini
- Day 9: Santorini to Ios
- Day 9 - 11: Ios
- Day 12: Ios to Athens
- Day 13: Depart Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Easy Pace: take it slow with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
What are the highlights of this tour?
This is an amazing tour of Greece with some amazing highlights such as Enjoying Mykonos’ breathtaking vistas, experiencing the stunning Santorini sunsets, feasting on local olives, feta and tzatziki and partying at the famous Paradise Beach!
- April 1, 2017
Can you please provide more information on this type of tour?
This is an amazing tour of Greece with some amazing highlights such as enjoying Mykonos’ breathtaking vistas, experiencing stunning Santorini sunsets and feasting on local olives, feta and tzatziki.
- April 1, 2017
What are the highlights of this tour?
This is an amazing tour of Greece with some amazing highlights such as enjoying Mykonos’ breathtaking vistas, experiencing stunning Santorini sunsets and feasting on local olives, feta and tzatzik.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Went on a Contiki European Whirl in 2013...had such a blast I joined the company. Best decision of my..."
- "I've had a passion for travelling, since before I could walk, with my first overseas trip being when..."
- "Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia with a Sri Lankan background, the decision to leave home and..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
Greek Island Hopping
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- WednesdayMay 2, 2018from AthensMondayMay 14, 2018in AthensOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,365Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from AthensThursdayMay 17, 2018in AthensOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,365Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from AthensSundayMay 20, 2018in AthensOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,365Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- FridayMay 11, 2018from AthensWednesdayMay 23, 2018in AthensOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,365Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- MondayMay 14, 2018from AthensSaturdayMay 26, 2018in AthensOur saving$59PriceUSD $2,365Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayMay 17, 2018from AthensTuesdayMay 29, 2018in AthensOur saving$65PriceUSD $2,617Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SundayMay 20, 2018from AthensFridayJun 1, 2018in AthensOur saving$65PriceUSD $2,617Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- WednesdayMay 23, 2018from AthensMondayJun 4, 2018in AthensOur saving$65PriceUSD $2,617Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from AthensThursdayJun 7, 2018in AthensOur saving$65PriceUSD $2,617Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from AthensSundayJun 10, 2018in AthensOur saving$65PriceUSD $2,617Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 December 2017 the full payment of $2,365 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2365 for Greek Island Hopping, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 153 km
- Mykonos (Greece)
- 119 km
- Santorini (Greece)
- 40 km
- Ios (Greece)
- 197 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,365 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,436 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28 travellers have already met
before they left for Greek Island Hopping tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 256 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Greek Island Hopping