Japan on a Shoestring – Tokyo to Kyoto
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 31 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,232
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Tokyo and end in Kyoto! With the discovery tour Japan on a Shoestring – Tokyo to Kyoto, you have a 6 day tour package taking you from Tokyo to Kyoto and through Tokyo, Japan and 2 other destinations in Japan. Japan on a Shoestring – Tokyo to Kyoto includes accommodation in a hostel as well as an expert guide, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SonaliWritten on April 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentMack is the best tour guide ever!!!! We had such a fantastic trip because of him!Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on April 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentYoshie was an amazing guide. She was kind and caring and made sure everyone needed the help they needed to get around.Show detailed ratings
- RSRebeccaWritten on March 5, 20184.0 - GoodAn awesome experience with a great group of people and a lovely guide. It was nice to have all the locations and transport organised but still have the freedom to do what you wished in each place.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo
- Day 3 Tokyo/Takayama
- Day 4 Takayama/Kyoto
- Day 5 Kyoto
- Day 6 Kyoto
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Japan on a Shoestring – Tokyo to Kyoto
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$36USD $1,449Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Kyoto0 seats left$36USD $1,449Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to KyotoOnly 3 seats left$36USD $1,449
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to KyotoOnly 2 seats left$36USD $1,449
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Kyoto9 seats left$248$1,449-15%USD $1,232
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to KyotoOnly 1 seat left$36USD $1,449
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to Kyoto9 seats left$36USD $1,449
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Kyoto10+ seats left$36USD $1,449
- ThursdayAug 2, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysTuesdayAug 7, 2018to KyotoOnly 2 seats left$36USD $1,449
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Tokyo6 DaysThursdayAug 23, 2018to Kyoto4 seats left$36USD $1,449
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Kyoto is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 31 July 2018 the full payment of $1,232 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1232 for Japan on a Shoestring – Tokyo to Kyoto, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 413 km.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 184 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,232 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,574 tours in Asia
- covered by 194 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan on a Shoestring – Tokyo to Kyoto