Bike Tour, Provence, France (guided groups)
Roberto "I've been doing cycling trips with The Chain Gang for 8 years now. For me, the way they run these trips in France and Italy, is the perfect balance between safety and freedom. You don't feel you're a part of a tour package. It's more like a self guided tour with your friends, but one of them (the guide) happens to know the way and the secret spots better. There's is no support van babysitting you ..."
- +15 Destinations
- Southern France
Start and end in Avignon! With the bicycle tour Bike Tour, Provence, France (guided groups), you have a 6 day tour package taking you through Avignon, France and 15 other destinations in France. Bike Tour, Provence, France (guided groups) includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- AGAlanWritten on February 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentMy wife and I have been on four Chain Gang Tours - Loire Valley, Provence, Dordogne, and Devon - and the fact that we've been back for that much return business speaks for itself. All the tours have been brilliant fun, The tours are very nicely planned in terms of routes, taking in a wide array of interesting attractions, from wineries to mushroom caves, chateaux to village pubs (Devon!). The tours are well-organised, with guides who are unfailingly capable, friendly, well-informed, interesting, and great fun. The accommodation is never less than serviceable, and often very good, while the evening meals ranged from good to stunning, some of the best food I've ever enjoyed. The cycling is generally manageable for someone with a reasonable level of fitness and experience of cycling, although some of the Devon tour was a little more demanding (although I gather it may have been changed sine we did it). Overall, the tours have been very much highlights of our years; we've always looked forward to them with eager anticipation, and never been disappointed.Show detailed ratings
- SHSimonWritten on February 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Chain Gang trips are top notch and huge fun. Over 10 years or more I have been on most of the Chain Gang’s trips in France - three of them more than once - and I can highly recommend them for the cycling, the routes, the guides and the cuisine. Some of my best ever holidays have been with the Chain Gang. The cycling can be challenging at times but is not prohibitively over strenuous for casual and leisure cyclists. As well as cycling through quiet and often deserted back roads of France, the days allow times for good lunches (often picnics), sightseeing, visits to vineyards and plenty of time to enjoy the local attractions. The hotels used en route are all comfortable and welcoming. Most of all, the Chain Gang guides are exceptional - excellent company, great mechanics and by the end of your week good friends as well. My personal favourite trips are the ones to Provence, the Dordogne and the Bordeaux Wine Trail. I can heartily recommend the Chain Gang trips to anyone or any age who enjoys getting out on their bike.Show detailed ratings
- RMRogerWritten on February 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentI have taken three tours with Chain Gang - Dordogne, Provence, and Tuscany. Hotel accommodations - mostly small and locally owned - are very nice without being over the top. Dinnertime meals are wonderful. The cycling routes are well planned out that are safe and largely free of motor traffic. Cycling is the perfect speed to see the landscape with a group of like-minded enthusiasts and the groups I've ridden with come from various countries (and continents!), so it has always been interesting company. Chain Gang tours also offer a nice range of difficulty levels - from relatively flat and lower distance tours to more challenging, hilly routes.Show detailed ratings
- RPRobertoWritten on July 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentI've been doing cycling trips with The Chain Gang for 8 years now. For me, the way they run these trips in France and Italy, is the perfect balance between safety and freedom. You don't feel you're a part of a tour package. It's more like a self guided tour with your friends, but one of them (the guide) happens to know the way and the secret spots better. There's is no support van babysitting you and you won't miss it. The hotels are all very good 2 and 3 stars choices and you feel very welcome, in some cases, by the owners themselves. The dinners are all awesome, always in great places selected specially for us. Their bike choice is very good as well - basic and reliable. So good that I bought one myself when I returned back home the first year. I love the atmosphere of the groups and have been making a lot new friends every year.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Arrive in Avignon - City of the Popes
- Day 2 Cycling Through Chateauneuf du Pape
- Day 3 Farewell Provence, hello Languedoc
- Day 4 The Pont du Gard
- Day 5 Les Baux de Provence, St Remy en Provence (and the Alpilles!)
- Day 6 Into The Lubéron!
- Day 7 Return to Avignon
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Cycling in Provence, France
- Bike tour in Provence, France
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Avignon.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this The Chain Gang Cycle Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 30 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Bike Tour, Provence, France (guided groups), but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and The Chain Gang Cycle Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for The Chain Gang Cycle Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 190 km.
- Avignon (France)
- 12 km
- Chateauneuf du Pape (France)
- 9 km
- Orange (France)
- 34 km
- Uzès (France)
- 12 km
- Pont du Gard (France)
- 17 km
- Beaucaire (France)
- 2 km
- Tarascon (France)
- 10 km
- Fontvieille (France)
- 7 km
- Les Baux de Provence (France)
- 6 km
- Saint Remy de Provence (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Bike Tour, Provence, France (guided groups) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Bike Tour, Provence, France (guided groups)