Guided Iceland Circle
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 63:47:38
- Our saving
- US $ 2,068
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Discover the geological wonders of Lake Mývatn
- Hike in a lava labyrinth at Dimmuborgir "the dark castles"
- Travel the route of the Golden Circle sights
- Relax soaking at Mývatn Nature Baths
- Age range
- 12 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
Start and end in Reykjavik! With the adventure tour Guided Iceland Circle, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Reykjavik, Iceland and 16 other destinations in Iceland. Guided Iceland Circle is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- JMJuzerWritten on April 13, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was fantastic in terms of sites visited. The guide was most helpful(he carried my bag at every hotel). He was also very friendly and very knowledgeable. The hotel accommodations were very nice. The transport was not very comfortable in that seats were cramped especially with the heavy winter outfits. It was very difficult using the seat belts. My biggest complaint is that I didn't receive any detailed itinerary until the tour started. So I did the golden circle tour on my own as I didn't know it was going to be done in the guided circle tour. A number of the group including myself were already in Iceland before the tour began and also stayed behind after the tour. So I couldn't use the airport transfer vouchers. My suggestion is that you show some flexibility in the booking. For example you could ask when the customer is arriving and departing and appropriate vouchers be given. And also vouchers be given for taxi fares to and from the hotels we are staying in to the meeting point. Thus in my specific case I would not have needed accommodation on April 6 and April 12. Finally I do believe dinners should be included as in most cases there was no option available to eat outside the hotel. All in all I had a great tour and will recommend it to all my friends. I shall have many many wonderful memories of my tour. I was in awe of the magnificent scenery throughout the tour. Thank you.Show detailed ratings
- CCChristineWritten on February 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe selected the 8 days Guided Iceland Circle package. We started our road trip before the weather forced the roads to be closed and so I heard that most tours were cancelled. A small cosy group of 13 pax, everyone were punctual and orderly, makes the trip pleasant. Impressed with Eirikur the driver cum guide, knowledgeable and he had answers to all our questions! He gave no pressure of rushing through the sites and we could enjoy the magnificent views. The bus was clean and we enjoyed the free wifi and charging our Handphone and electronic devices. Icelandair Hotels were clean and served reasonably good breakfast but will be good to provide body lotion as the Feb winter wind was very harsh and dry, as foreigners, we didn't prepare appropriate lotion so my skin was cracking dry, until we get to next town's supermarket to buy. It was overall a great trip!Show detailed ratings
- ASAprilWritten on December 21, 20174.0 - GoodWhat a wonderful adventure. So glad we chose to take the outer ring, even though it was during the winter. There were few and often no other tourists along most of the route, yet it was beautiful and the weather was cold but no more than expected. Once we got back to the south, the tourist traffic definitely picked up. Our tour guide had some fun folklore and trivia to tell us along the way. He was a bit grumpy at times and at the end of the tour as we were saying goodbye, he asked for a tip. I was rather taken aback, since everything we had read said tipping wasn't done in Iceland. I always tip pretty well, so I had bought him beers at the hotels along the way since I didn't want to insult him with a tip. It would be helpful for Tour Radar to offer some tipping etiquette/guidelines for participants, so we are not blind sided like that.Show detailed ratings
- SFSukiWritten on October 19, 20174.0 - Goodso far the trip was good and very well organise. The accormodation is good my tour guide also good. Wish to visit iceland in futureShow detailed ratingsGJ Travel commented on this reviewDear Suki, thanks for these feedbacks, we are always happy to receive comments from satisfied customers and are looking forward to seeing you in the future, maybe for one of our Northern Lights signature tours.
- IIrinaWritten on August 12, 20173.0 - AverageOverall: I enjoyed the trip ....the iteneary was well planned and covered a lot of natural phenomena in a short period of time. Coach bus that we travelled by was very comfortable and had a free Wifi. The driver was very nice and allowed me to charge my iPhone during the ride as I was taking lots if pictures which the battery really fast. Things I didn't like: 1. The tour guide was a very nice fellow... but his English was not very good so we would miss half of the information he was telling us. He als did have answers to some of the questions. 2. Accommodations were just okay.... I would rate the hotels we stayed in 2.5-3 stars by American standards but the princess we paid were for 4-5 stars hotels. Continental breakfast that were included were somewhat okay in these places and but in some they food was not very tasty and choices were limiting . Also it wouldn't have been nice if this tour for this price included a couple of dinners. 3. For one night , the company could not secure the rooms for the hotel we were supposed to stay in, so they put us in the cottage with rooms that had no facilities - the toilet and shower were shared on the floor. It also addde an extra about 2 hours of drive on that day and we also had to drive back for an 1.5 hrs to the starting point on the next day that limited us with the time at the glacier lagoon so a few of us who were taking the optional boat ride had to rush through things. I write the GJ travel asking to at least credit me for the difference in the room price and they gladly credited me back which I am thankful for.Show detailed ratingsGJ Travel commented on this reviewDear Irina, Thank you very much for your feedback. We do value it very much. We have already taken measures and talked to the guide about it. We would like to keep all our clients happy and therefore your opinion matters to us a lot as it will help us to improve. For the inconvenience in one hotel change, which was due to the original hotel for one night beeing overbooked, we have offered a drink for each passenger and an entrance to a glacier museum at Perlanmuseum in Reykjavik. All rooms at our tour are in a standard category and were at tourist-class hotels such as Icelandairhotel Natura, Icelandairhotel Akureyri, Fosshotel Húsavík, Icelandairhotel Hérað, Icelandairhotel Flúðir. We once again apologize for any inconvenience caused and are glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour. Please let us know if there is anything else we should know about, it will help us improve. Thank you. Have a nice day, Branislav GJ Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1, TUE or FRI: WELCOME to ICELAND (50 km/31 mls)
- Day 2, WED or SAT: VOLCANO CRATER, SEALS, FJORDS & MOUNTAINS (425 km/264 mls)
- Day 3, THU or SUN: THE CAPITAL OF NORTH ICELAND, LAKE MÝVATN & GEOTHERMAL BATHS (120 km/75 mls)
- Day 4, FRI or MON: LAVA LABYRINTH, HOT SPRINGS & TRAVEL EAST (250 km/155 mls)
- Day 5, SAT or TUE: FJORDS, GLACIER AND ICE (470 km/292 mls)
- Day 6, SUN or WED: SOUTH COAST (240 km/149 mls)
- Day 7, MON or THU: ICELANDIC HORSES & GOLDEN CIRCLE (160 km/99 mls)
- Day 8, TUE or FRI: DEPARTURE HOME (50 km/31 mls)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Intro to Iceland
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2017
What is the maximum group size of this tour?
Maximum passenger capacity for all Guided Iceland Circle departures is 30 persons.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Guided Iceland Circle
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayMay 25, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$119USD $2,847
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$94USD $2,248
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$119USD $2,847
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$119USD $2,847
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$119USD $2,847
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$119USD $2,847
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$119USD $2,847
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$119USD $2,847
- FridayJun 22, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Reykjavik0 seats left$119USD $2,847
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from Reykjavik8 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to Reykjavik6 seats left$119USD $2,847
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this GJ Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $2,068 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2068 for Guided Iceland Circle, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and GJ Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for GJ Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 986 km.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 45 km
- Borgarnes (Iceland)
- 32 km
- Grabrok (Iceland)
- 189 km
- Akureyri (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Godafoss (Iceland)
- 27 km
- Lake Myvatn (Iceland)
- 7 km
- Myvatn Nature Baths (Iceland)
- 6 km
- Dimmuborgir (Iceland)
- 7 km
- Namaskard (Iceland)
- 109 km
- Vatnajokull National Park (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,068 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Guided Iceland Circle via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Guided Iceland Circle