Balkan Delight Summer 2018
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 61:40:42
- Our saving
- US $ 2,767
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Sally "Balkans Delight Excellent tour and well paced. Food inclusions high standard. Accommodation very good apart from President Hotel Split which is totally sub-standard and should not be used by Trafalgar because it does not fit the criteria. Tour director knowledgeable but a bit too "full on." Driver first class. Would recommend this tour if President Hotel was replaced by more suitable ac..."
- +9 Destinations
Start and end in Zagreb! With the in-depth cultural tour Balkan Delight Summer 2018, you have a 12 day tour package taking you through Zagreb, Croatia and 8 other destinations in Europe. Balkan Delight Summer 2018 includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- HRHazelWritten on September 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentWith this trip, my expectations were not only met, they were exceeded in many instances. It was a memorable trip and the beauty of Croatia will stay with me for a very long time. I have been to 56 countries on five continents and so I speak from experience. Both Croatia and Bosnia have been through so much. The people there are to be commended for their courage and endurance. It was inspiring to see how warm and friendly the people are despite all the adversity they have been through. The dinner we attended hosted by a family in Sarajevo was an absolute highlight. There are not enough superlatives to describe the level of excellence that our Tour Director, Kassie Jones provided. Her attentiveness to details is remarkable. She anticipated needs even before we knew we had them. Everyday, she brought something new and delightful to the experience from fun games we played on the coach to tasty treats to "hidden treasures" .... I could go on and on! She is articulate and her knowledge of the countries we visited was deep and insightful. Her explanation of the Balkan War was especially helpful. Her genuine caring for us made us feel like her personal guests. and not just paying clients. She gave us many suggestions for things to do in our free time, places to have lunch, where to shop. etc. The local specialists she lined up were all excellent. The optional tours added immensely to the whole experience as well. Especially Montenegro - not to be missed. The hotels all provided very good value for the money with the exception of the hotel in Split which I understand will not be used in future. It wasn't that bad ..it just was a disappointment after the others. I highly recommend this trip. This was my first Costsaver trip and I like the concept.. I have been on five full Trafalgar Tours and would have no hesitation in going with Costsaver again. Especially if Kassie Jones is the Tour Director!Show detailed ratings
- JSJohnWritten on September 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis tour, more than lived up to our expectations. The places we visited, and the optional excursions were both enjoyable and educational. The family visit in Sarajevo was an uplifting experience. This was our 5th Trafalgar Tour. The tour directors on all our other tours were extremely good, but we do have to say, that Kassie was over all the most accomplished. Our Driver too was exceptional. For the most part he made time to have our cases in our rooms, before we returned. Needless to say, he was a most accomplished driver. A wonderful holiday! John and Ros ShepherdShow detailed ratings
- ASAnilWritten on September 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had a wonderful time as I had expected with Trafalgar. The travel director Kassie was superb and the driver Bozo was excellent. I will remember this trip for years to come.Show detailed ratings
- NNellyWritten on September 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt is an very enjoyable 12 days tour with Kassie as our tour director. The variation of visited location and activities is really make the whole trip always full with surprise and make me feel like keep seeing new thing. I always travel free and easy because I always think that travel in big group will have a lot of "delays" and "waiting"...I have to mention that Kassie is really good in managing the time and handling group members expectation.Show detailed ratings
- L"LucilleWritten on September 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentA wonderful trip. The countries were beautiful, the people lovely and I loved the history. It was especially good since we had such a wonderful tour guide, Kassie. She was attentive, very organized, made everyone feel comfortable and was always alert to anyone's needs. Also, our bus driver, Bozo, was an excellent driver and always very helpful. A great tour guide and bus driver always makes a trip more wonderful.Show detailed ratings
- SASallyWritten on June 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentBalkans Delight Excellent tour and well paced. Food inclusions high standard. Accommodation very good apart from President Hotel Split which is totally sub-standard and should not be used by Trafalgar because it does not fit the criteria. Tour director knowledgeable but a bit too "full on." Driver first class. Would recommend this tour if President Hotel was replaced by more suitable accommodation.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Zagreb (2 Nights)
- Day 2: Zagreb Sightseeing
- Day 3: Zagreb – Sarajevo Sightseeing (2 Nights)
- Day 4: Sarajevo Sightseeing
- Day 5: Sarajevo – Mostar – Dubrovnik (3 Nights)
- Day 6: Dubrovnik Sightseeing
- Day 7: Dubrovnik – Excursion to Montenegro
- Day 8: Dubrovnik – Split (2 Nights)
- Day 9: Split Free Day or Optional Excursion to the island of Hvar
- Day 10: Split – Trogir – Plitvice
- Day 11: Plitvice National Park Sightseeing – Zagreb
- Day 12: Depart Zagreb
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
- Trafalgar Travel | The Good Life | Croatia
- Connect With Locals | Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Hidden Gems | Dubrovnik, Croatia
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette13th February 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Balkan Delight Summer 2018
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Zagreb8 seats left$126USD $3,024
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to Zagreb0 seats left$126USD $3,024Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayJul 11, 2018to Zagreb8 seats left$131USD $3,144
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayJul 25, 2018to Zagreb7 seats left$131USD $3,144
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayAug 8, 2018to Zagreb10+ seats left$508$3,275-16%USD $2,767
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayAug 22, 2018to Zagreb10+ seats left$131USD $3,144
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdaySep 5, 2018to Zagreb10+ seats left$129USD $3,096
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdaySep 19, 2018to Zagreb9 seats left$129USD $3,096
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to Zagreb0 seats left$129USD $3,096Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Zagreb12 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Zagreb10+ seats left$129USD $3,096
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Zagreb.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 July 2018 the full payment of $2,767 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2767 for Balkan Delight Summer 2018, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,030 km.
- Zagreb (Croatia)
- 282 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 79 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 61 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 74 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 164 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 16 km
- Trogir (Croatia)
- 158 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,767 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Delight Summer 2018