Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,095
- Sample deliciously authentic brews
- Feast on traditional German foods
- Enjoy exclusive entrance into beer tents
- Sing, dance and prost until dawn
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Rather Poor
- AAaronGillonWritten on October 17, 20185.0 - Excellent
The tour was extremely well organised, with an extensive introduction to Munich and an excellent selection in beer tents to experience at Oktoberfest.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Aaron for the epic response, glad to hear you had such a great time on our Oktoberfest tour. May the beers keep flowing for you with a mighty Prost!
- BBillDonohoeWritten on October 15, 20184.0 - Good
High on my bucket list, at 73 I finally realized my dream trip to Munich for Octoberfest. Thirsty Swagman took care of everything other than flights and our hotel, the Senator, was an easy quick walk from the festival. On the downside, it was also pretty... Read moreShow detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewHi Bill, That's fantastic to hear, thank you for the feedback! Glad we could make your bucket-list item a great experience. Keep those beers flowing... Prost!
- KKathieTuoniWritten on October 15, 20182.5 - Average
Simply not worth the money. We could have booked a nicer hotel ourselves and walked ourselves there. That was the extent of the "tour" and the included meal was simply a voucher for a meal at the beer tent (and not even full value of most meals. I really... Read moreShow detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewHi Kathie, thank you for the feedback, the hotels we use book out quite early and by January (around the time you booked with us for the 2018 festival) the Mirabell hotel has very few rooms left and their Oktoberfest rates are almost 4 times their normal rates – they even charge extra for breakfast. For a 3-night stay during Oktoberfest at that hotel, it doesn't actually work out that much cheaper to book the rooms direct. With the beer tent reservations, the tents all have their own voucher packages for tables, we can’t change their table reservation options nor the value of the vouchers. For most tents this is 2x vouchers for beer and 1x voucher for a half-chicken lunch. We are however looking at doing evening reservations as well as day-time reservations in future to include some more beer and food for our groups. The feedback we generally have received is that our Oktoberfest packages are fantastic value overall, considering our hotels are the closest to the festival grounds and we guarantee access to beer tent tables. I will also email you later today, and do appreciate your feedback - we're constantly looking at ways to value-add and improve our tours, so it's something I will discuss with the tour guides when we plan our 2019 packages in the next few weeks.
- DDennisMcVeighWritten on October 14, 20184.0 - Good
I had a great time at Oktoberfest, and Thirsty Swagman was a big part of that. Very fluid and efficient operation. The guides were very personable and engaging. The location of the hotel could not have been better, and the breakfast was phenomenal. One... Read moreShow detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewHi Dennis, that's great to hear about our amazing guides and Thirsty Swagman, as well as the hotel location - thank you! We are actually looking at including evening reservations on 1 of the days for 2019, so your feedback is much appreciated. Those early beers are always interesting :)
- AAnonymousWritten on October 14, 20183.0 - Average
Just didn’t really seem worth the money. Was really expensive for seats in beer halls and a hotel. People on the tour were nice and so were guides.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewHello, thank you for the feedback - could you reach out to us direct, we'd love to hear a little more about your experience and how we can make it better (if at least for others) in future. You can email me at kenneth(at)thirstyswagman.com
- MMattGordonWritten on October 14, 20182.5 - Average
Everything was fine, but I’m left wondering what exactly I paid for. If I had it to do over again I would have just booked my own hotels and gone with my friends to the tents and gotten ourselves s table. It would have saved us a lot of money.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Matt for your feedback. All the hotels close to the festival grounds book out very early, eg the Senator (where you stayed) is already mostly booked for 2019 and individual room rates are far higher than our group rates. It doesn't actually work out that much cheaper to book the rooms direct - especially just 6 months out, which is when your group booked with us. Their rates are almost double our rates around that time. Also, on weekends it's extremely unpredictable with getting tables at the beer tents, hence we had reservations on the Sunday included. If you Google "Beer Tent Stampede" you can see an example of a typical weekend when the doors open at 9am at almost all of the beer tents. The weather has a lot to do with it, and this year was extremely good, mostly sunny, weather which means far more people will go straight to the beer gardens outside the tents. This isn't something we can know in advance of course. The Saturday (day prior to your reservations) for example, every beer tent was packed by 10am and all of them shut the doors (incl. to the beer gardens) by 11:30am. The feedback we generally have received is that our Oktoberfest packages are fantastic value overall, considering our hotels are the closest to the festival grounds and we guarantee access to beer tent tables. I will also email you later today, and do appreciate your feedback - we're constantly looking at ways to value-add and improve our tours, so it's something I will discuss with the tour guides when we plan our 2019 packages in the next few weeks.
- SSheilaAMcVeighWritten on October 12, 20183.0 - Average
I had a great time and would recommend.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThank you Sheila for the kind words!
- BBarbaraMartinWritten on October 5, 20185.0 - Excellent
My daughter and I loved the Oktoberfest tour. I really liked the meet and greets that were scheduled where we got to meet some of our fellow beer drinkers. What a fun group! Our tour guides were so helpful and friendly and gave good advice on how to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Barbara, great to hear you had such a fantastic time! We'll pass your kind words onto the tour guides also. Prost! P.S. great photo! keep those beers flowing...
- RReneeWritten on October 5, 20184.5 - Excellent
The package itself was just amazing. I would have never of dreamed of going to Oktoberfest alone but with Thirsty Swagman I was able to meet different people and do something on my bucket list. The guides were so helpful and friendly you couldn't have asked... Read moreShow detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThank you Renee for those great words, much appreciated - we'll pass it onto the tour guides also.
- DJDetlefWritten on October 11, 20174.5 - Excellent
We first went to Oktoberfest in 2012 at short notice and Thirsty Swagman and Kenneth was such great and could not help us enough to get us there. It was the 3 day of our trip to Germany. We meet some new friends there and still in touch and we are using... Read moreShow detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThank you Det for the great review, glad to hear you had such a great time!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Meet & Greet your thirsty buddies.
- Day 2 - Hofbrau Tent.
- Day 3 - Beer tent reservations
- Day 4 - Check-out from hotel
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the hotel close to the festival grounds?
The Senator Hotel is located just outside the main entrance so its only a few minutes of walking to be inside the festival grounds!
Do you include beer tent reservations?
Beer tent reservations in the big tent are included at Oktoberfest and it also includes a voucher for some beer and lunch.
What is the age range of people on this tour?
The guests on this tour are of all ages from mature 18-year-olds to the young-at-heart 70+-year-olds.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator)
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Munich3 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to MunichOnly 2 seats left$34USD $1,095Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Munich3 DaysMondaySep 30, 2019to Munich9 seats left$37USD $1,206Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayOct 1, 2019from Munich3 DaysThursdayOct 3, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$34USD $1,095Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Munich.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this Thirsty Swagman booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 February 2019 the full payment of $1,095 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1095 for Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator), but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Thirsty Swagman will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Thirsty Swagman tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 0 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 0 km
- Munich (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,095 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,097 tours in Europe
- covered by 311 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 34 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator)