Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,110
- Sample deliciously authentic brews
- Feast on traditional German foods
- Enjoy exclusive entrance into beer tents
- Sing, dance and prost until dawn
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Rather Poor
- DDennisMcVeighWritten on October 14, 20184.0 - GoodI had a great time at Oktoberfest, and Thirsty Swagman was a big part of that. Very fluid and efficient operation. The guides were very personable and engaging. The location of the hotel could not have been better, and the breakfast was phenomenal. One suggestion would be to head to the tents slightly later in the morning. We met up the two days between 9:30 and 10am to head to the fairgrounds. Meeting up around 11am to head over would have been preferable.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewHi Dennis, that's great to hear about our amazing guides and Thirsty Swagman, as well as the hotel location - thank you! We are actually looking at including evening reservations on 1 of the days for 2019, so your feedback is much appreciated. Those early beers are always interesting :)
- AAnonymousWritten on October 14, 20183.0 - AverageJust didn’t really seem worth the money. Was really expensive for seats in beer halls and a hotel. People on the tour were nice and so were guides.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewHello, thank you for the feedback - could you reach out to us direct, we'd love to hear a little more about your experience and how we can make it better (if at least for others) in future. You can email me at kenneth(at)thirstyswagman.com
- MMattGordonWritten on October 14, 20182.5 - AverageEverything was fine, but I’m left wondering what exactly I paid for. If I had it to do over again I would have just booked my own hotels and gone with my friends to the tents and gotten ourselves s table. It would have saved us a lot of money.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Matt for your feedback. All the hotels close to the festival grounds book out very early, eg the Senator (where you stayed) is already mostly booked for 2019 and individual room rates are far higher than our group rates. It doesn't actually work out that much cheaper to book the rooms direct - especially just 6 months out, which is when your group booked with us. Their rates are almost double our rates around that time. Also, on weekends it's extremely unpredictable with getting tables at the beer tents, hence we had reservations on the Sunday included. If you Google "Beer Tent Stampede" you can see an example of a typical weekend when the doors open at 9am at almost all of the beer tents. The weather has a lot to do with it, and this year was extremely good, mostly sunny, weather which means far more people will go straight to the beer gardens outside the tents. This isn't something we can know in advance of course. The Saturday (day prior to your reservations) for example, every beer tent was packed by 10am and all of them shut the doors (incl. to the beer gardens) by 11:30am. The feedback we generally have received is that our Oktoberfest packages are fantastic value overall, considering our hotels are the closest to the festival grounds and we guarantee access to beer tent tables. I will also email you later today, and do appreciate your feedback - we're constantly looking at ways to value-add and improve our tours, so it's something I will discuss with the tour guides when we plan our 2019 packages in the next few weeks.
- SSheilaAMcVeighWritten on October 12, 20183.0 - AverageI had a great time and would recommend.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThank you Sheila for the kind words!
- BBarbaraMartinWritten on October 5, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy daughter and I loved the Oktoberfest tour. I really liked the meet and greets that were scheduled where we got to meet some of our fellow beer drinkers. What a fun group! Our tour guides were so helpful and friendly and gave good advice on how to navigate the beer tents. We will come back.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Barbara, great to hear you had such a fantastic time! We'll pass your kind words onto the tour guides also. Prost! P.S. great photo! keep those beers flowing...
- RReneeWritten on October 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe package itself was just amazing. I would have never of dreamed of going to Oktoberfest alone but with Thirsty Swagman I was able to meet different people and do something on my bucket list. The guides were so helpful and friendly you couldn't have asked for better people. Will book with this company again :)Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThank you Renee for those great words, much appreciated - we'll pass it onto the tour guides also.
- DJDetlefWritten on October 11, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe first went to Oktoberfest in 2012 at short notice and Thirsty Swagman and Kenneth was such great and could not help us enough to get us there. It was the 3 day of our trip to Germany. We meet some new friends there and still in touch and we are using Thirst Swagman again for our 2018 Oktoberfest experiences. Kenneth staff there were great and helpful and could not do enough to helps us at the hotel or in the beer halls, getting us access to all the main test and explaining how it all worked. We would recommended using Thirsty Swagman for trip to OktoberfestShow detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThank you Det for the great review, glad to hear you had such a great time!
- OMOliviaWritten on October 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentI absolutely loved Thirsty Swagman tours! I’ve done Oktoberfest twice, and the second time was far better because of Thirsty Swagman. Great people, great hosts and great experience. The hotel was right by the festival, so didn’t have to stumble too far home, and the communication about meeting places was excellent. Made some lifelong friends on this tour!Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThank you Olivia for the epic feedback, keep on travelling and stay thirsty!
- RWRobertWritten on October 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentHad a lovely and refreshing time. Hotel was very good and so close to the Fest itself, one felt one lived on the Meadow. Our Guide Marjolein was there is any help was needed. Altogether an excellent experience for the serious imbiber/culture lover. Talking to other Thirsty Legends, one felt that the people doing the whole tour of 4/5 locations were much more certain of the value received from Thirsty Swagman than we were doing just the 3 nights in Munich. Perhaps that should have been expected but it wasn't obvious to us what added value was received over and above booking the Senator ourselves and visiting independently. That said, we are pretty experienced travellers so we know that we wouldn't have found the Senator on our own.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewSuch fantastic feedback Robert, thank you so much for writing that - we'll pass that onto Marjolein for sure. Hope your beers stay always cold and frothy!
- NVNeilWritten on October 4, 20174.0 - GoodHad a really great time, the guides were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was extremely close to the venue which was a huge bonus.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewCheers for the great feedback Neil!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Meet & Greet your thirsty buddies.
- Day 2 - Hofbrau Tent.
- Day 3 - Beer tent reservations
- Day 4 - Check-out from hotel
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the hotel close to the festival grounds?
The Senator Hotel is located just outside the main entrance so its only a few minutes of walking to be inside the festival grounds!
Do you include beer tent reservations?
Beer tent reservations in the big tent are included at Oktoberfest and it also includes a voucher for some beer and lunch.
What is the age range of people on this tour?
The guests on this tour are of all ages from mature 18-year-olds to the young-at-heart 70+-year-olds.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- MaElma, 45 years old25th September 2018
Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator)
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Munich3 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$34USD $1,110Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Munich3 DaysMondaySep 30, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayOct 1, 2019from Munich3 DaysThursdayOct 3, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$34USD $1,110Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Munich.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this Thirsty Swagman booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2018 the full payment of $1,110 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1110 for Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator), but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Thirsty Swagman will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Thirsty Swagman tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 0 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 0 km
- Munich (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,110 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 31 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Senator)