Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Mirabell)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,062
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Rather Poor
- MMarkFosterWritten on October 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe accommodations were great, and our guide(s) were very friendly, but I guess that I just expected more for the extra money. I had as much fun (or more) on the nights that I attended that weren't on the official tour. The "tour" wasn't much of any "tour." You simply had someone meet us at the hotel and walk us to the tent. Sure, we got a table, but the seats were such that we couldn't really see anything. I had better luck getting better seats without the reservations. Also, you guys never once introduced yourselves to us. The only reason that I know you were there was because of your Facebook pages/posts, so I knew what you looked like. I guess I expected just a bit more for the extra money, especially with the "build up" of posts on the FB page prior to the event. I really admire entrepreneurs, and I admire the fact that you have built a company simply based on going to great places to drink great beer. That is truly amazing. And I sincerely appreciate the location and top-notch accommodations for the hotel, etc. I just felt that the actual event lacked luster. You guys could have stood up and introduced yourselves and welcomed all of your customers -- encouraged us to meet one another -- given us a little bit of a talking "tour" on the way from the hotel to the event. I really felt like the "meet and greet" should have been a more formalized thing with some cocktails (or beers) at the hotel, maybe meet somewhere for some snacks or a meal or something like that. It was really just, "Here's your wristband. Nice to meet you. Be here at 10am tomorrow. Bye." If that was all you were going to do for the meet and greet, you could have just left our goody bags with the front desk when we checked in. All in all, we had a blast, and we appreciate what you did provide. Like I said, I'm not really trying to complain. I just felt like we would get more for the money. Keep doing what you are doing, but maybe add a bit for the next group.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewHi Mark, thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I had a look and you booked the Mirabell hotel package, so I'll pass the feedback onto the tour guide there also. They are all expected to introduce themselves and welcome our guests. I'll be in contact via email also in the next few days. (Kenneth)
- KKellyBrocketteWritten on October 9, 20184.0 - GoodThe 'meet and greet' Friday night was a letdown. Would've liked to have met EVERYONE in the group that night to get to know them; didn't even meet everyone from our hotel that night - was just handed a packet of stuff and told to show up there tomorrow morning. Felt that for what was paid, there may have been more events planned/put together or more perks given. The guides were great - loved meeting Ashley, Sabine and Kenneth and getting to know them better.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Kelly for your feedback, it's appreciated. I will pass the message onto the guide from the Mirabell also who did the meet & greet that day. Will also be in contact via email in a few days.
- CCCathyWritten on October 5, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe took the Thirsty Swagman Octoberfest Tour in September 2017. The hotel was conveniently located to walk to the festival as well as to public transportation. It had a great breakfast. Our guides were personable and saw to it that we had a good time in the beer tents. It was a great experience.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Cathy, we appreciate the kind words. May the beers keep flowing for you!
- SFScottWritten on October 4, 20174.0 - GoodWe had a grand time. You provided just what you advertised. Zuza was a great guide, very engaging and humerous.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Scott, nice to hear you had a great time at the festival. We'll pass your praise to Zuza as well.
- JRJenniferWritten on October 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was better than expected. Going to the tents with a group was a great way to experience Oktoberfest. Zuza was an excellent guide. She was available for questions and took time out of her day to ensure that I was having a good time.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Jennifer, we'll pass on your kind words to Zuza as well. Cheers to beers!
- GGregoryWritten on October 3, 20174.0 - GoodAll went according to plan. We had a good time and enjoyed meeting the rest of our group.Show detailed ratingsThirsty Swagman commented on this reviewThanks Gregory!
- PMPhilWritten on October 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis Oktoberfest tour was a last minute thought, so I took a chance on Thirsty Swagman and they lived up to and exceeded my expectations for a guided tour of the massive festival in Munich. "Zuza" was our guide for our hotel group, was there at each appointed meeting time and walked us into the festival and got us Bier tent seats each day. She gave us the necessary background to have a good time and understand the customs (mostly about bier of course, ha).Show detailed ratings
- ChristopherWritten on February 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was amazing the value for the experience was great being so close to the grounds and having a nice place and great peopleShow detailed ratings
- MJMegWritten on October 12, 20155.0 - ExcellentWe couldn't have been happier with our Oktoberfest experience. Thirsty Swagman really knows what they are doing. The tour is extremely well organized and you can't beat the location of the hotel. All of the guides were great but I especially want to commend Serena. That girl worked her butt off to make sure everyone had an awesome and safe time... and she seemed to be having a blast herself. In my opinion the tour was a great value, giving us even more than we paid for. The guides got us seats in the HB tent on the first night, even though that wasn't included in the price of the tour. I would recommend Thirsty Swagman to anyone and am interested in trying out one of their other tours in the future!Show detailed ratings
- JAJohnWritten on October 2, 20155.0 - ExcellentGreat tour, was good starting the day in group and reserved area. It's then easy to make new friends and get the day going, whist still being quite flexible for those who don't want to join or who would rather wander off and do their own thing. Accommodation was good, particularly for location. Being very close comes in handy. A very short walk to and from. Also nice to have a few guides wandering around with you who can help out with anything whist still enjoying themselves.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the hotel close to the festival grounds?
The Mirabell Hotel is located approximately 8 – 10 minutes walking from the festival grounds.
Do you include beer tent reservations?
Beer tent reservations in the big tent are included at Oktoberfest and it also includes a voucher for some beer and lunch.
What is the age range of people on this tour?
The guests on this tour are of all ages from mature 18-year-olds to the young-at-heart 70+-year-olds.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Page, 60 years old4th October 2018
Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Mirabell)
- TuesdaySep 24, 2019from Munich3 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$33USD $1,062Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 28, 2019from Munich3 DaysMondaySep 30, 2019to Munich8 seats left$36USD $1,174Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayOct 1, 2019from Munich3 DaysThursdayOct 3, 2019to Munich10+ seats left$33USD $1,062Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Munich.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this Thirsty Swagman booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 December 2018 the full payment of $1,062 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1062 for Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Mirabell), but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Thirsty Swagman will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Thirsty Swagman tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Munich (Germany)
- 0 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 0 km
- Munich (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,062 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,374 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Mirabell) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Oktoberfest Package 3-Star (Hotel Mirabell)