7-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided
- Our saving
- US $ 700
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
- Kayak & Canoe
- Rather Poor
- AnonymousWritten on July 22, 20145.0 - ExcellentThis was by far the best experience I and my girlfriend have ever had and we are certainly going to go again. It was so easy to book and Thomas and his team have made it so easy down to every last detail. The food order was so simple with the food plan/guide that is provided(even though we ordered 6 kilos of carrots, that was my fault though), you can use their recipes or create your own and it is so much fun planning the trip and even more fun when you are actually there! We went for 6 nights and even that was not enough and we did not want to come home. It is so beautiful and with the freedom to camp on any island it makes it either a relaxing trip or a more energetic one, it is definitely something for everyone to enjoy. Something that was really nice was when Thomas and a member of his team personally kayaked out to us to bring some extra lighters and then also to bring us a new fishing rod. It is this personal touch that makes Do The North the people to go with. If you have not booked already then do it and you will not regret it. Matthew Hitchcock and Jodie McGregorShow detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on July 9, 20145.0 - ExcellentThe trip was everything we wanted it to be, 7 days just planning your own tour. Definitely recommend the sauna at Hasko, also a good place for a cheeky ice cream mid trip. Harstena is beautiful and was a nice place to pick up some tasty snacks from the bakery. The organisation from Do The North was brilliant. All of the equipment is high quality and in good condition. We could not recommend this trip more highly if you want a little adventure. Thanks Thomas.Show detailed ratings
- BernieWritten on September 4, 2013Had an absolutely amazing time! I could go on and rant about how amazing it was but it really wouldn't do it justice! Fair play to Thomas and the crew they really made us feel welcome and get us going. They really know what they are doing and it shows! Haven't even been home a week and I am already missing it! Highly, highly recommend it!
- CarolineWritten on August 27, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe whole set up was superb, from the initial email, the advice about food, the hostel booking, through to the superb equipment and guidance. We set off with a degree of trepidation (well I did!). It all worked out brilliantly, each island had something special and I couldn't believe how busy each day was - I naively thought we might be a bit bored! I loved the sauna and discovering the restaurant and the bakery. Already people are asking me more about my holiday, might be organizing a group excursion next!Show detailed ratings
- RosieWritten on August 26, 20135.0 - ExcellentKayaking in the beautiful St Anna archipelago was an incredible experience, and I would highly recommend organising your trip with 'do the north'. Thomas has thought of almost everything to make the experience as enjoyable as possible (from top-quality kayak, tent and other gear, to miniature packets of salt, pepper and other seasonings, bag clips(!) and a grill for the campfire). Thomas and his driver Kalle were incredible knowledgeable, friendly and warm, and we felt very safe in their hands. It was great to get a text with the day's weather forecast each morning, and the tailored guide book, featuring recommendations for places to eat, camp and paddle, was fantastic. I can't wait for my next visit!Show detailed ratings
- EdwardWritten on August 5, 20135.0 - ExcellentJust returned from an amazing 6 nights / 7 days exploring the islands and skerries of St Anna and haven't stopped talking about it since! I'll remember the long days out on the water, swimming in sheltered lagoons, sipping beer against endless sunsets, red and white summer houses, toasted marshmallows, views from the navigation cairns and the sounds of sea birds (and even the odd white-tailed eagle!) floating by overhead. Saint Anna is a special place! What really made the trip however was Thomas's organisation and attention to detail in making it happen. The gear was first class and having our provisions organised ahead of time saved us a major headache! Thanks again guys :-)Show detailed ratings
- ZebWritten on August 4, 20135.0 - ExcellentI did this trip with a few friends in 2010 and when we were packing up on our last day we were all saying how we would love to do this trip again (or just not leave), so this year with the same friends and a few new ones we wen't back and had an absolutely amazing time, I really wish I could go every year! It's just set up so perfectly and the place is so perfect. Every day paddling, gathering wood, cooking amazing meals, watching the sunset. It's just perfect. If you like camping it's a must do at least once in your life.Show detailed ratings
- MelanieWritten on July 26, 20135.0 - ExcellentLoved every minute of this holiday! Its such a unique experience and a perfect way to explore a beautiful country. Really well organised and everything you can think of is provided. Really really good kit especially the tents which were fab! Thomas was great at explaining the trip and so accommodating of our needs. Will have fond memories of singing all day long paddling along and making a cosy camp in the evening with a beer in hand. Loved it!!Show detailed ratings
- DaisyWritten on December 11, 2011Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
- SallyWritten on September 16, 20105.0 - ExcellentOne of the best trips I've ever done! (and I've done a lot!) So relaxing, beautiful scenery and just plain GOOD TIMES. I've talked about it so much that now my brother is travelling over from Australia JUST so he can do this trip!! Thankyou to the beautiful Helena and the gorgeous Thomas for such a wonderful time.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 – Into the maze
- Day 2 – A band of islands against the horizon
- Day 3 – The village that time forgot
- Day 4 – A wood-fired sauna on the sea
- Day 5 – The abandoned copper mine
- Day 6 – A paddle to the end of the world
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is August a good time to do this trip?
August is a really beautiful time to visit Saint Anna. The water has had the whole summer to warm up and it's usually a bit calmer than earlier in the summer. Good chances for warm swims, sunbathing and some pretty amazing sunsets!
How to get to the starting point?
We do pick-up from Norrköping 10am every weekday so you'd have to either arrive the night before and stay at accommodation in Norrköping or get to Norrköping in the morning in time for pick-up.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Sweden. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Aspoja is the starting point and Fyrudden is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Do the North booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 September 2018 the full payment of $700 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $700 for 7-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Do the North will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Do the North tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Aspoja (Sweden)
- 12 km
- Missjo (Sweden)
- 8 km
- Harstena (Sweden)
- 9 km
- Fango (Sweden)
- 20 km
- Haradsskar (Sweden)
- 20 km
- Fyrudden (Sweden)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $700 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,718 tours in Europe
- covered by 241 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 7-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 7-day Kayak & Wild Camp the Archipelago - self-guided