GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD)
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 30 May 2018
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Isela "I strongly encourage that when you travel, you travel with a purpose. Thailand and Laos with GIVE was just the beginning. This time I spent a week up in the Cascade Mountains to get certified in Wilderness First Aid as I learned how to be a guide both internationally and abroad. No amount of words will ever suffice the amount of growth and knowledge I attained in WILD. GIVE, you continue to empowe..."
- Western USA
- Receive Wilderness First Aid training
- Trek through the Cascade Mountains
- Build outdoor leadership skills
- Learn how to build an igloo
- Hostel, Lodge
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- All Inclusive
Start in Seattle and end in Snoqualmie! With the training tour GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD), you have a 7 day tour package taking you through Seattle, USA and Snoqualmie. GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD) includes accommodation as well as meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- MMerrellWelageWritten on March 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip was the best experience of my life. I couldn't have asked for anything else. I got to experience a beautiful country while volunteering and making a difference. GIVE is truly amazing, and I would highly recommend their trips. I am already planning my next one!Show detailed ratings
- AdriannaWritten on March 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentWords can't begin to describe the experience I had on WILD. Once again, GIVE has blown me away. I started with GIVE the summer of 2017 in Thailand and I wanted to become more involved, so I decided to sign up for WILD. In a cabin deep in the beautiful cascades of Washington, I had one of the best experiences of my life. I gained vital skills regarding Wilderness First Aid from a fantastic instructor. I also learned what it means to be a prepared international guide. The only thing that I could have hoped for was that the trip never ended. GIVE does an amazing job of bringing together like-minded people. My group that I experienced this trip with is as close to family as you could get. The guides on this trip are inspirational, passionate and driven. Their guidance truly made this trip worthwhile, and I could not recommend it more. Thank you to GIVE for one of the best weeks of my life.Show detailed ratings
- IsabellaWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentIn these mountains I learned that when a group of passionate, talented, and capable people challenge themselves, a group of legends is born. I cannot speak enough for the effectiveness of this course, not just in terms of learning and adapting hard skills or honing soft skills; but in the way it manages to instill a sense of competence and courage in it’s students. I do not think there is a better feeling than knowing exactly what to do in an emergency situation and after becoming Wilderness First Aid certified at WILD, there was not one person who didn’t feel as though they were qualified to act in any emergency situation from the avalanches of the cascades to our own towns and homes. At WILD you summit both physical and emotional mountains... and I can vouch for the fact that at the top of both you will find a more capable, confident, and fearless version of yourself. This has been one of the most enlightening experiences of my life thus far, therefore I strongly encourage you to do the same and take the leap... Challenge yourself at WILD! It will be, without a doubt, one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll ever accomplish.Show detailed ratings
- BeretteWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentI don't even know where to start. GIVE really, truly changed my life. I never saw potential in my life until I went on a trip with this organization and met all of the amazing and empowering guides and volunteers. GIVE empowers not only the locals we work with to create more sustainable lives for themselves, but also the volunteers to push their boundaries and understand that their actions can and will affect the world for the better. WILD presents volunteers with an incredible opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience in order to become more equipped to take on the world as global citizens. Not only did we learn skills that can pertain to our everyday lives, such as Wilderness First Aid and risk management, we also learned how to apply these skills in an international setting. Both the guides and the volunteers on this trip exemplify the idea of being "team human": understanding simply that all humans are equal, and therefore we have an obligation to help each other out in any way we can. WILD equips leaders with the necessary abilities to truly be global citizens and I am very happy I had the opportunity to take part in this trip alongside some amazing people.Show detailed ratings
- ToriWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentWhat a wonderful organization to have been apart of! Having always wanted to travel, finding GIVE, felt too good to be true. So obviously I signed up and went on this crazy journey through South East Asia, and I left a piece of my heart there. After that incredible trip last summer it was inevitable that I would be singing up to go on another adventure with this family I was lucky enough to be brought into. I spent my spring break in the mountains of Washington State with some of the most profound and inspiring leaders I have ever met, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is an honor to be apart of this organization that not only makes happiness and fun a priority, but also realizes the importance of being a global citizen and an all around good person. To anyone who is reading this that has ever felt that twinge of wanderlust in their chest, travel and enjoy yourself, change your life and help someone else along the way. I have GIVE to thank not only for the incredible skills I have gained through their trips such as Wilderness First Aid and leadership training, but I also thank them for showing me what it feels like to open my heart to the world and feel genuinely happy. I found mentors, friends and family in GIVE and I can only hope this review inspires some of you to do the same. Sign up for a GIVE trip and welcome to the family!!!Show detailed ratings
- DavidWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentWords can't even began to describe how thankful I am for my experience and opportunity I have been given with WILD. I will forever use the skills and and guidance to grow personally and internationally as a global citizen, though knowledge I've gained with GIVE. I am thrilled and look forward to going abroad and volunteering around the world.Show detailed ratings
- TaraWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentWILD was one of the greatest and most impacting experiences of my life! I highly recommend that every young adult experience this course. It taught me Wilderness First Aid, leadership skills and avalanche training, all while making great new friends in the central Cascade Mountains of Washington. This course gave me more than knowledge and empowerment, but amazing memories and friends! If anyone is at all interested in learning Wilderness First Aid and/or gaining leadership skills, this is the best course out there! The instructors and guides are extremely knowledgeable, thorough and helpful! And if you enjoy nature and exploring, and being social, this course is even better! The scenery is breath taking, as well as the activities you can do while on this trip! DO IT DO IT DO IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT I PROMISE!Show detailed ratings
- MeganWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentAfter a month long trip to Thailand and Laos through give, I found myself coming back for more. Spending a week tucked away in the Cascades with these beautiful people is an invaluable experience. Not only do you walk away a more competent leader, but you come back reminded of who you are at your core. GIVE continues to prove their superior facilitation capabilities time and time again; and I can confidently say that it was worth every penny.Show detailed ratings
- BrandonWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentAmazing opportunity to better yourself and have a good time while doing so!Show detailed ratings
- IselaWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentI strongly encourage that when you travel, you travel with a purpose. Thailand and Laos with GIVE was just the beginning. This time I spent a week up in the Cascade Mountains to get certified in Wilderness First Aid as I learned how to be a guide both internationally and abroad. No amount of words will ever suffice the amount of growth and knowledge I attained in WILD. GIVE, you continue to empower what it means to be a global citizen. Thanks to you I am able to grow and expand myself so that I too can be the roots of change. Thank you.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
- Seattle is the starting point and Snoqualmie is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 39 km.
- Seattle (USA)
- 39 km
- Snoqualmie (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,561 tours in North America
- covered by 59 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 46 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD)