GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,256
- Western USA
- Receive Wilderness First Aid training
- Trek through the Cascade Mountains
- Build outdoor leadership skills
- Learn how to build an igloo
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- All Inclusive
- Travel style
- Volunteer/Community, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- MMerrellWelageWritten on March 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis trip was the best experience of my life. I couldn't have asked for anything else. I got to experience a beautiful country while volunteering and making a difference. GIVE is truly amazing, and I would highly recommend their trips. I am already planning my next one!Show detailed ratings
- AdriannaWritten on March 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentWords can't begin to describe the experience I had on WILD. Once again, GIVE has blown me away. I started with GIVE the summer of 2017 in Thailand and I wanted to become more involved, so I decided to sign up for WILD. In a cabin deep in the beautiful cascades of Washington, I had one of the best experiences of my life. I gained vital skills regarding Wilderness First Aid from a fantastic instructor. I also learned what it means to be a prepared international guide. The only thing that I could have hoped for was that the trip never ended. GIVE does an amazing job of bringing together like-minded people. My group that I experienced this trip with is as close to family as you could get. The guides on this trip are inspirational, passionate and driven. Their guidance truly made this trip worthwhile, and I could not recommend it more. Thank you to GIVE for one of the best weeks of my life.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on March 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had heard about GIVE through a friend who goes to Miami University of Ohio, and she told me that it would be exactly what I am looking for. I decided to start with WILD in order to gain some knowledge, and understand the foundation of this company. I can honestly say that GIVE is one of those few companies that does right by the employees and volunteers. Throughout the course I learned extremely valuable first aid techniques and skills that I believe will prove to be very useful in the future. In addition to Wilderness First Aid, as a group we focused on 3 main themes while learning about the outdoors. First, we learned about leadership and the qualities a leader must have. Second, we discussed risk management, or how to assess a risk both prior to an event or during a situation. Lastly, we discussed global citizenship, and how to understand and share global awareness. These three themes were used in everything we discussed and learned. Personally I saw a single connection between the 3 that rose above all others: Humility. Humility is a trait needed by a leader because a leader must understand when others are needed or more suited for a task. While assessing a risk, humility is needed to put the pack before self, and take the best course of action as a whole. In the case of global citizenship humility is immensely important due to cultural indifferences. When spending time in another country, a person must pay respect and follow the cultural standards of that area. This course taught me many things, but to summarize it all I have 3 main takeaways. 1. GIVE is a home for a person of any background as long as he/she has love/compassion in their heart and mind 2. Any person can make a difference. All it takes is one step in the right direction 3. There are people out there who care. Find those people and don't let go. To the GIVE family: Thank you for bringing me in as one of your own. Wherever you all are is where home is.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on March 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentGIVE’s WILD program truly blew me out of the water. I have been on other amazing trips with GIVE abroad and wasn’t sure how just one week in Washington could ever compare, but wow did it surprise me. I learned more than I could have ever imagined and definitely grew as a person more than I could have imagined with the most incredible people surrounding me. I will be forever grateful that I had the chance to experience WILD and will carry the memories and lessons I learned with me forever. If you’re looking to try new things, expand your comfort zone, and become a stronger person and leader SIGN UP!!!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on March 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentGIVE is more than it's volunteer initiatives, which are obviously over the moon amzing, but at their core it's about community and that's something I found on this trip even more than before which I didn't think was possible. Being surrounded by like minded people who care so much and are so driven really leaves it mark. Not only did I learn how to be useful in real life situations that I can encounter here at home but I learned how to be more useful for myself and others on a whole other level. I'd recommend this trip to just about everyone, there isn't a thing I'd change.Show detailed ratings
- IsabellaWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentIn these mountains I learned that when a group of passionate, talented, and capable people challenge themselves, a group of legends is born. I cannot speak enough for the effectiveness of this course, not just in terms of learning and adapting hard skills or honing soft skills; but in the way it manages to instill a sense of competence and courage in it’s students. I do not think there is a better feeling than knowing exactly what to do in an emergency situation and after becoming Wilderness First Aid certified at WILD, there was not one person who didn’t feel as though they were qualified to act in any emergency situation from the avalanches of the cascades to our own towns and homes. At WILD you summit both physical and emotional mountains... and I can vouch for the fact that at the top of both you will find a more capable, confident, and fearless version of yourself. This has been one of the most enlightening experiences of my life thus far, therefore I strongly encourage you to do the same and take the leap... Challenge yourself at WILD! It will be, without a doubt, one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll ever accomplish.Show detailed ratings
- BeretteWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentI don't even know where to start. GIVE really, truly changed my life. I never saw potential in my life until I went on a trip with this organization and met all of the amazing and empowering guides and volunteers. GIVE empowers not only the locals we work with to create more sustainable lives for themselves, but also the volunteers to push their boundaries and understand that their actions can and will affect the world for the better. WILD presents volunteers with an incredible opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience in order to become more equipped to take on the world as global citizens. Not only did we learn skills that can pertain to our everyday lives, such as Wilderness First Aid and risk management, we also learned how to apply these skills in an international setting. Both the guides and the volunteers on this trip exemplify the idea of being "team human": understanding simply that all humans are equal, and therefore we have an obligation to help each other out in any way we can. WILD equips leaders with the necessary abilities to truly be global citizens and I am very happy I had the opportunity to take part in this trip alongside some amazing people.Show detailed ratings
- ToriWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentWhat a wonderful organization to have been apart of! Having always wanted to travel, finding GIVE, felt too good to be true. So obviously I signed up and went on this crazy journey through South East Asia, and I left a piece of my heart there. After that incredible trip last summer it was inevitable that I would be singing up to go on another adventure with this family I was lucky enough to be brought into. I spent my spring break in the mountains of Washington State with some of the most profound and inspiring leaders I have ever met, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is an honor to be apart of this organization that not only makes happiness and fun a priority, but also realizes the importance of being a global citizen and an all around good person. To anyone who is reading this that has ever felt that twinge of wanderlust in their chest, travel and enjoy yourself, change your life and help someone else along the way. I have GIVE to thank not only for the incredible skills I have gained through their trips such as Wilderness First Aid and leadership training, but I also thank them for showing me what it feels like to open my heart to the world and feel genuinely happy. I found mentors, friends and family in GIVE and I can only hope this review inspires some of you to do the same. Sign up for a GIVE trip and welcome to the family!!!Show detailed ratings
- DavidWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentWords can't even began to describe how thankful I am for my experience and opportunity I have been given with WILD. I will forever use the skills and and guidance to grow personally and internationally as a global citizen, though knowledge I've gained with GIVE. I am thrilled and look forward to going abroad and volunteering around the world.Show detailed ratings
- TaraWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentWILD was one of the greatest and most impacting experiences of my life! I highly recommend that every young adult experience this course. It taught me Wilderness First Aid, leadership skills and avalanche training, all while making great new friends in the central Cascade Mountains of Washington. This course gave me more than knowledge and empowerment, but amazing memories and friends! If anyone is at all interested in learning Wilderness First Aid and/or gaining leadership skills, this is the best course out there! The instructors and guides are extremely knowledgeable, thorough and helpful! And if you enjoy nature and exploring, and being social, this course is even better! The scenery is breath taking, as well as the activities you can do while on this trip! DO IT DO IT DO IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT I PROMISE!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD)
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Seattle7 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to Snoqualmie5 seats left$39USD $1,256
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Seattle7 DaysSaturdayMar 16, 2019to Snoqualmie10+ seats left$39USD $1,256
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Seattle is the starting point and Snoqualmie is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 December 2018 the full payment of $1,256 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1256 for GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Seattle (USA)
- 39 km
- Snoqualmie (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,256 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,808 tours in North America
- covered by 68 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 47 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Wilderness & International Leadership Development (WILD)