- Our saving
- US $ 678
- +4 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
- Age Range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Travel buddies for life
- Sydney Harbour party cruise
- 3-day paradise beach escape
- Personal gap year support
- Rather Poor
- AFAlinaWritten on October 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentI booked the start and fun program and it was a great experience. Everything was planned perfectly and it was a very nice and relaxed tour guide. I would totally recommend this to everyone who wants to have a nice first week in Australia with many other people.Show detailed ratings
- BMBryceWritten on October 4, 20173.5 - GoodHello users, I did ultimate oz on the week of September 7-14. All in all it was a good trip, my favourite part was riding the sand dunes at the Stockton Sand Dune Park! Ultimate Oz is great because they help you out with everything you need in Australia!Show detailed ratings
- AAmandineWritten on October 3, 20174.5 - Excellent8 days off fun and adventure!! You will see the highlights off Sydney and meeting a lot of nice people where you will do your next adventure with! Nice and friendly staff ! You will als go to Basecamp, 3hours away from SydneyShow detailed ratings
- HHugoWritten on October 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentI only booked my UltimateOz adventure a couple of weeks before I left (I recommend booking earlier than me) but the contact with Ultimate was great, they were really helpful with my (quite vague) questions. When everything was booked up I started the rest of my preparations and the Ultimate website, blog and e-mails really helped me with sorting out what I needed to do and what I had to take with me. When I arrived in Australia a bit delayed and got to UltimateOz HQ on the pre-arranged airport shuttle I immediately felt welcome and making friends turns out to be really easy when you travel alone, especially if you start with a group of people who are experiencing the same thing as you. The first things you do upon arrival is installing your simcard and going to the bank. It really is nice to not have any stress or trouble getting a simcard or opening a bank account because everything is already provided for (all you need to do is leave some information on the bank site when you're still at home but it's done in a couple of minutes). After arranging these gap-year-essentials, the fun part starts; the amazing activities! Without exaggeration, my week with UltimateOz was one of the best weeks I have ever had. I have had so many new experiences I never would have gotten without this tour, it was simply great. Before I left, I found a video on the Ultimate website and I really thought it was exaggerated, but when I experienced it myself, I thought back and realised every place I went to was as beautiful and magical as in that video. My tour guide was Anna Gault, and she made our week so good. She was always kind and helpful, making sure everyone was having the best time. She was really funny as well (there has been no place we went to without a laugh because of Anna's talks) and took a lot of pictures to make sure we would take home loads of memories. At the end of the week, she was no longer just the tour guide, she felt more like a friend. I'm sure I'll meet up with her and a lot of the other friends I've made in just one week again. If you're doubting about starting your gap year in Australia with UltimateOz or doubting coming to Australia at all, go for it. I came to Australia with little to no expectations, but I've already made so many friends here in just one week because of Ultimate, I cannot wait what the rest of my gap year will bring!Show detailed ratings
- MMiriamWritten on October 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentFantastic week where I've met really nice people and a wonderful group guide. During the week with Ultimate Oz I had a lot of fun and I made amazing activities. The Start&Fun package was the perfect start into my Work&Travel adventure, and I would recommend the organisation to all young people who want to travel to Australia. It was a great experience! Thank you Anna for this wonderful week.Show detailed ratings
- HWHelenWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had a very good time this week! It was so much fun and very helpfull for my Start in Australia :-) Our tour leader Anna was fantastic we had so much fun with her! As well as all the fun stuff they do they are really helpfull when you have questions. The tours were great and you will find friends from all over the world!Show detailed ratings
- DRDanaWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentHad some fantastic days with UltimateOz. It was the best start for our working holiday and met nice people. Our guide Anna was really organized. She‘s amazing and really friendly. The tours were great and you have the Chance to meet friends from all over the world!Show detailed ratings
- THThomasWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI chose Ultimate Oz for a head start chance in making friends and finding the best places to experience. Of course the on going support for work and setting up the essentials for living here were also key and this package really prepared me for now and what will come. (Just finished my week intro) Our tour guide Anna was so down to earth, she was having as much fun as us and you can tell it's not just a job for her- she genuinely wants you to have as much of a good time that she had in her first year. Even if you are after a "spontaneous trip" like me, don't assume you won't get this. In fact it assists you in it as they give you all the information for you to personalise it and make the most of it.Show detailed ratings
- BBernardWritten on September 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentDoing Ultimate Oz Sydney in my first week of being in Australia was so much fun. it helped me really out in my first days in Australia. We sorted so much stuff out, for example: my commonwealth bank account, sim card and of course tips for getting a job. And then all the trips we did, those were really awesome, my farvourite was definitely sandboarding. At first I was not really sure if a starting week like Ultimate Oz was really necessary but now when I look back at that week, it was one of the best weeks of my life. Most important reason why is: you meet so many nice people. #gowithulitmateozzzz#bestweekeverShow detailed ratings
- JJuliusWritten on September 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was the perfect start in Australia. Before I left Germany I was unsure if a Australia Trip with an Organisation is really necessary. It is absolutely recommendable. You have a perfect start guaranteed. Nice people, good programm and help whenever you need it. #gowithultimate#ultimateOzzzzzShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: City Tour & Welcome Dinner
- Day 2: Orientation & Private Harbour Cruise
- Day 3: Ultimate Basecamp
- Day 4: Sandboarding & Hilltop Walk
- Day 5: Dolphin Cruise
- Day 6: Sydney Party Night
- Day 7: Beach Walk
- What's next?
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Ultimate Oz Sydney
- Ultimate Oz Outback Ranch
- Ultimate Oz Surfcamp!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
What is the type of accommodation used in Sydney?
You'll be staying in WakeUp Hostel for the nights you spend in Sydney. It's one of the best hostels in the world, great for your first few days in Oz.
- July 1, 2016
What are the additional tours we can do instead of the work related stuff?
The replacement activities we organise are a 1-day guided trip to Blue Mountains NP or a half day guided surf tour (perfect for beginners and intermediates).
9 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Ultimate Travel UltimateOz tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 19th March 20181 comment""
- Departs 26th March 20181 comment""
- Departs 9th April 20182 comments"Wondering if anyone else from the UK has booked this tour "+1
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Darren, 54 years old1st April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- ThursdayOct 26, 2017from SydneyThursdayNov 2, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6780 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayOct 30, 2017from SydneyMondayNov 6, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6788 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 2, 2017from SydneyThursdayNov 9, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $67810+ spaces left
- MondayNov 6, 2017from SydneyMondayNov 13, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6788 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 9, 2017from SydneyThursdayNov 16, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $67810+ spaces left
- MondayNov 13, 2017from SydneyMondayNov 20, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6788 spaces left
- MondayNov 20, 2017from SydneyMondayNov 27, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6788 spaces left
- MondayNov 27, 2017from SydneyMondayDec 4, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6788 spaces left
- MondayDec 4, 2017from SydneyMondayDec 11, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6788 spaces left
- MondayDec 11, 2017from SydneyMondayDec 18, 2017in SydneyOur saving$17PriceUSD $6788 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Sydney.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Ultimate Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2017 the full payment of $678 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $678 for UltimateOz, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Ultimate Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Ultimate Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 118 km
- Newcastle (Australia)
- 37 km
- Port Stephens (Australia)
- 154 km
- Sydney (Australia)
- 6 km
- Bondi/Coogee (Australia)
- 6 km
- Sydney (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $678 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 862 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 51 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for UltimateOz via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 9 travellers have already met
before they left for UltimateOz tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 73 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on UltimateOz