King Ramses - 13 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,579
- +5 Destinations
- Nile Valley
- See the iconic Pyramids of Giza
- Visit tombs in the Valley of the Kings
- Enjoy the blue waters of the Red Sea
- See ancient Egyptian mummies
- Rather Poor
- KKateWritten on May 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had the most wonderful time in Egypt with On The Go Tours. This itinerary is absolutely perfect if you want a mix of the major sites as well as some time to relax on the beach. There are too many highlights to mention but I will say that Abu Simbel is incredible and so is the Egyptian Museum. As a solo female traveller I felt safe and looked after at all times. It was the best way to experience such an amazing destination. We had an incredible guide and he made us really feel like we were there when the sites were constructed. An amazing holiday, great friends made and wonderful accommodation throughout. Thank you On The Go ToursShow detailed ratings
- SGSarahWritten on February 23, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing! The itinerary is well designed to cover the most important Ancient Egyptian sites while allowing for a few days of relaxation on the felucca and at the Red Sea. The sheer scale of the pyramids, the Sphynx, the temples and the tombs is breath-taking - I honestly don't know how to pick my favourite out of everywhere we visited. I did the optional trips to Abu Simbel and Luxor Temple at night and highly recommend both. Abu Simbel was like nothing else - the view as you come around the corner and the colours of the pictures inside are just incredible. I also took the felucca option and had an amazing day-and-a-bit on the boat. It's very comfortable and the crew were lovely. Our tour guide was Momo and I was very impressed by his knowledge and his ability to communicate that knowledge to us in an interesting way.Show detailed ratings
- MNMinhhaWritten on January 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentI love this trip very much. Our tour guide, Mahmoud Ramdan who was humble, fascinate and very knowledgeable. Before we headed to a new place, he gave us all necessary informations while we were in the bus, then we got there, he explained it again, sometimes we did role playing game in order to make a story smoother. As the name of the tour “on the go”, so basically the first 5 days we were really on the go, woke up early and returned to our hotels late in the evening. There were too much to see and explore,the great pyramid in Giza, Abu Simbel, Temple of Philadelphia and the Valey of the Kings etc. In term of hotels, they were pretty good especially Marriott Spa and Resort in Hurghada and LeMerident hotel in Cairo. In term of transportations, bus, train, camel ride, horse carriage and Nile cruise were A+ especially bus drivers were so careful. Security, no worry at all, metal detector scans were placed at the entrance of each hotel. Long distant driving bus (more than 3 hours drive) would have 2 drivers and armed police. Overall, if Egypt has been on your bucket list, do it now as touring price is pretty cheapShow detailed ratings
- SSimoneWritten on December 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur holiday exceeded expectation. We were expecting 4 star locally rated Egyptian properties but were pleasantly surprised to find we were accommodated in 5 star properties which possible equated to 4.5 stars back home. Our guide Momo was a wealth of knowledge and nothing was too much trouble for him. All transportation was on clean, on time and importantly offered A/C. On some of our coach trips we had WiFi access too.Show detailed ratings
- JJessicaWritten on November 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentWell balanced tour packed with history and pyramids in the first section and a relaxing 4 day beach break at the end!Show detailed ratings
- KSKBWritten on January 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentThrown in with a bunch of strangers, but leaving with a collection of new friends, that’s how I recall my King Ramses Tour; a 13 day tour that took us from North Egypt, all the way South and back again, giving a thrilling perspective of this amazing country. With the help of our Egyptologist guide Dino, and a chuckle here and there with new friends it was certainly a great choice; full of new sights and tastes, as well as new experiences. It started in Cairo, beginning with the most famous Egyptian creations of all – the Pyramids. The glorious sunshine and dust clouds – albeit created by hordes of tourists – hinted this would be a great tour. And plus, with the Sphinx being the last thing we saw as we left the city, it was almost as if Ancient Egypt herself was giving us a sly wink to say “Enjoy the Trip.” A jerky overnight train ride took us all the way to Aswan, with the friendly train crew more than making up for the bumpy ride. Sights of everyday Egyptians in traditional turbans and gallabias and children on the backs of donkeys also sweetened the deal, not to mention the dramatic scenery of rivers and mountains showed us more variations of the colours brown and blue than we could have imagined. But Philae Temple, our main attraction in Aswan, was the first of what would be many impressive temples. Crumbling though they may be, these buildings haven’t lost their magic, and our guide Dino made them come alive with detail upon detail about them. Aswan Market was a treat for the senses, so many sounds, colours and tastes, its meandering street an education at every stop. But the real education comes in the art of haggling - an art form every tourist needs to furnish themselves with if they intend to make it out of Egypt without breaking the bank. Every sale is a negotiation, and if you do it correctly there will be no end to the bargains you can make. Do it wrongly and you may find your wallet much lighter than you’d like. We got stern stares from the 3 colossi of Ramses II at Abu Simbel, those being the first royal stares that I ever got. But many more were to come in the shape of Queen Hatshepsut’s Mortuary Temple, not to mention a whole list of who’s who from Ancient Egypt in the tombs of The Valley of the Kings. But some of the highlights wasn’t crumbling statues or towering temples. The hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings was worth every penny, even if we did have to be up at the crack of dawn in the middle of Egyptian Winter. But a welcoming flight crew and the balloon’s warm flame made the flight all the more breath-taking. A trip down the Nile in a felucca is something not to be missed, with those that pick a river cruise almost to be pitied for their choice. Travel like an Ancient Egyptian, that’s what we did, with good simple Egyptian food and entertainment supplied by the crew. Beans, bread, chicken and a variety of fresh vegetables all prepared by the crew, and by our jovial captain none the less! All this good food had to go somewhere though, and many of us were nervous about the availability of bathroom facilities – it is a sailboat after all. But even that was supplied! On a motorised boat that accompanied our felucca is where these facilities were kept, leaving us to laze on our felucca in comfort. As well as feluccas, our hotels in Luxor and Aswan were some of the best in Egypt; with sumptuous breakfasts we were able to tackle most of Egypt’s sights and monuments. The greatest one for me being Karnak Temple, its pylons and columns reaching from the ancient world into our own. But soon we headed to Hurghada, and after a long bus ride we reached the resort town on the Red Sea, our holiday away from our holiday. 3 whole days seemed a bit much to me in this little town, almost a ghost town actually with hardly any tourists and many failing hotels and restaurants. The beach was nice enough to lap up the sunshine after the cold weather of the cities, but I was relieved to get back to Cairo for our final day. Our guide Dino was kind and affable, helping us out with difficulties at the ATMs, making a trip to a foreign country as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Will definitely recommend this tour.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Mr Sunthpaul, Thank you for your feedback on your recent tour to Egypt. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your time. It sounds like you had a great experience and your descriptions take me back to the time I was on this tour in Egypt. It is great to know that despite the basic facilities of the Felucca, you enjoyed the experience nonetheless. We look forward to welcoming you on another On The Go Tours trip in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours
- LBLisaWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentI have been to Egypt 3 times and Momo (Mohamed Saiid), is the best tour guide I've had. He is enthusiastic and truely knowledgeable about both ancient and modern Egyptian culture, he is kind and polite in the face of panic, and is always willing to do whatever he can for his group. We broke down in the middle of the Sahara Desert on the way to Abu Simbel, and rather than cut our visit short, he rearranged our schedule last minute so that we could try again the following day! Other guides I have travelled with have continued on in situations like these, rushing us around the sights; but Momo already understood, without us having to say a word, that some of us had waited almost our entire lives to see Abu Simbel, and he wanted our experience to be perfect. Absolutely amazing! I never imagined I would learn so much (and remember it as well!), but as a teacher myself, I was impressed, not only by Momo's knowledge, but also the way he delivered it -- even giving us all a part to play in re-enacting some of ancient Egypt's most famous stories! He has that gift that many teachers strive for: the natural ability to teach you something, without you realising it's a lesson. I have used a lot of tour agencies on my travels to 45 countries, and met a lot of tour guides, but none that can compare to Momo and the love that he has for his country.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Lisa, We are so glad to hear you had a great time in Egypt with MoMo. He was voted our best guide in Egypt in 2016 so we are glad he lived up to his award winning title. We are so proud of our guides and glad that he made your experience truly memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back on tour with us again in the future. Thanks again, On The Go Tours
- RichardWritten on October 31, 20165.0 - ExcellentFrom the moment you arrive in Cairo to the moment you leave it is a seamless experience. Whilst all other tourists are queuing at the airport, somehow you are able to just walk past, both coming into and leaving from Cairo. Dino is great as a tour guide. With a degree in Egyptology he knows all about the sites and the history of Egypt. He is also a kind and personable guy. The tour itself is excellent and you will see most of the sites in Egypt. What you are able to see surpassed what I expected, being in most of the tombs and even the Great Pyramid! The accommodation is truly excellent and I found Hurghada to be a nice way to finish the tour. Recommended!Show detailed ratings
- CRCarolynWritten on October 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentWhat a fantastic tour. Our tour guide Sam was a gem , he was informative, passionate about his country and fun . We had a great group of people who mixed in really well. My luggage was misplaced by the airline but Mido and Sam went out of their way o get it back for me. Everything about the Egypt was amazing , the balloon ride the felucca and Abu simbel were probably the highlights. If you get the chance to see Egypt do it the country is amazing and the people friendly and helpful . Loved it❤️❤️❤️❤️Show detailed ratings
- ACAbbyWritten on August 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentFantastic Egypt tour with On the Go! Haytham our guide was absolutely brilliant he knew everything! Particular highlights were the felucca cruise and the hot air balloon ride, although every single aspect of the trip was unbelievable. 100% would definitely recommend!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairo
- Day 2: Pyramids & Saqqara
- Day 3: Philae Temple
- Day 4: Abu Simbel
- Day 5: Felucca sailing & Kom Ombo
- Day 6: Edfu & Luxor
- Day 7: Valley of the Kings
- Day 8: Red Sea Riviera
- Day 9: Sun, Sea & Sand
- Day 12: Egyptian Museum
- Day 13: Cairo
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 14, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes after breakfast at Le Meridien Heliopolis in Cairo. After check-out, an included departure transfer will take you to the airport, and it is time to say a fond farewell to your travel group and Egypt! Please be aware that the final hotel is subject to change until your documents are released.
- May 14, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts in Cairo airport, where an included transfer will be waiting to take you to Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi. Since the first day of the tour is an arrivals day, you can arrive anytime and spend the day relaxing and exploring as you wish. Please be aware that the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- May 14, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Arrival and departure transfers from Cairo Airport are included in the tour price. Please contact our customer support team if you require any additional information.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
King Ramses - 13 days
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Cairo4 seats left$66USD $1,579Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$66USD $1,579Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$66USD $1,579Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$662 for 1USD $1,579Based on Double Room
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Cairo0 seats left$66USD $1,579Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to Cairo10+ seats left$662 for 1USD $1,579Based on Double Room
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$662 for 1USD $1,579Based on Double Room
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Cairo9 seats left$80USD $1,915Based on Double Room
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Cairo7 seats left$802 for 1USD $1,915Based on Double Room
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Cairo13 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Cairo8 seats left$80USD $1,915Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Egypt. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Egypt. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Cairo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 August 2018 the full payment of $1,579 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1579 for King Ramses - 13 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairo (Egypt)
- 684 km
- Aswan (Egypt)
- 49 km
- Komombo (Egypt)
- 52 km
- Edfu (Egypt)
- 84 km
- Luxor (Egypt)
- 210 km
- Hurghada (Egypt)
- 399 km
- Cairo (Egypt)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,579 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,100 tours in Africa
- covered by 106 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on King Ramses - 13 days