Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 994
- Rather Poor
- JPJohnWritten on September 10, 20183.5 - GoodThis review is no where near as in-depth as the written review we did on the bus and I trust you will be getting it ax it contains much more details on the good and the bad about this trip. No way this questionnaire can tell you things like one hotel was so bad some could not sleep or the guide while great is impersional and told Sind people I don’t care about your requiremts/needs or that the greeting diner was so boring that many are not going back to the second half one. So much missing in this one. While this details the bad it also detailed the goodShow detailed ratings
- EAErzsebetWritten on August 14, 20184.5 - ExcellentGood tour. Beautiful places, very good group (fellow travellers), busy programme with organised optional excursions and good tour guide. Overall, very good experience.Show detailed ratings
- JRJacquelineWritten on August 11, 20184.0 - GoodFilip made the tour fabulous. He is knowledgeable, passionate about his subject and likeable in the extreme. Allambrah should really be included - we had to go all the way back to Granada to visit it.Show detailed ratings
- RRhonaWritten on January 10, 20182.0 - Rather poorDisappointed. Horrible hotels with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. Horrible food except for breakfasts. Energetic guide. Would have preferred guide with more knowledge of places. Overall would never do another tour with this company.Show detailed ratings
- ASAvivaWritten on January 9, 20183.0 - AverageTour guide John on Tour was very good but hotels were only 2 stars and some 3 stars! Food selection was underwhelming and the trip was very tourist designed. You do see a lot of places & quickly so a great overview of cities.Show detailed ratings
- SKSavithaWritten on August 26, 20174.0 - GoodIt was good experienceShow detailed ratings
- WWarwickWritten on August 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was a great trip. The hotels were outstanding. It was also well organized no hiccups anywhere. The guide was excellent and made the tour special.Show detailed ratings
- NondumisoWritten on July 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentExpat Explore never disappoints. I was on a 2nd tour with them and once again, everything was well organised, and the Tour Leader "Gustavo" was always on top of his game and very much of assistance when we needed him to advise or help out on something. This was surely, my very best tour with Expat and I look forward to many more tours with them in the near future. Great Job Team Expat!!!Show detailed ratings
- CCClareWritten on July 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentHad a wonderful 9 day tour of Spain and Portugal with Gustavo, our tour leader. The pace was just right and we were well catered for with food and drink. It was lots of fun and I would definitely go again!Show detailed ratings
- CCindyWritten on June 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentAnother great tour. Leader Gustavo and bus driver Antonio are very professional. Gustavo was able to help individuals who experienced unexpected problems along the way.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Madrid
- Day 2: Toledo - Granada
- Day 3: Ronda - Seville
- Day 4: Seville - Free day
- Day 5: Algarve - Lisbon
- Day 6: Lisbon - Free day
- Day 7: Obidos - Porto
- Day 8: Guarda - Salamanca
- Day 9: Avila - Madrid
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day. Meet your fellow travellers, and depending on what time you arrive, you may have time to explore Madrid, or alternatively relax in the comforts of the hotel. The tour generally starts from Elba Madrid Alcala or Travelodge Madrid Torrelaguna, however, please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Your tour leader will be at the hotel between 2 pm and 5 pm on the first day of the tour, and later in the evening, you will meet your fellow explorers and get your first taste of Spain with dinner included.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Expat Explore can provide private airport arrival transfers for passengers flying into Madrid airport, as well as departure transfers back to the airport on the last day of the tour. Please contact our Customer Support team to arrange this.
What are the optional excursions?
Please see below the list of optional excursions in local currency, however, please note this is a guideline only and prices are subject to change:
Sintra Half-Day Trip. Price: EUR 50
Algarve Beach Lunch. Price: EUR 15
Flamenco Dinner Show. Price: EUR 55
Douro River Cruise. Price: EUR 12
64 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 13th October 20181 comment"Hello my husband and I will be traveling on this tour"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Madrid9 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to MadridOnly 2 seats left$254$1,560-16%USD $1,306
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Madrid9 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Madrid4 seats left$254$1,560-16%USD $1,306
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Madrid9 DaysSundayDec 30, 2018to Madrid0 seats left$62USD $1,498Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayApr 18, 2019from Madrid9 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$326$1,560-21%USD $1,234
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$398$1,560-26%USD $1,162
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$461$1,560-30%USD $1,099
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$538$1,560-34%USD $1,022
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$283$1,560-18%USD $1,277
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$538$1,560-34%USD $1,022
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$461$1,560-30%USD $1,099
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Madrid.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $994 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $994 for Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Madrid (Spain)
- 68 km
- Toledo (Spain)
- 300 km
- Granada (Spain)
- 148 km
- Ronda (Spain)
- 103 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 313 km
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 274 km
- Porto (Portugal)
- 250 km
- Salamanca (Spain)
- 176 km
- Madrid (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $994 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days