Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,175
- Explore the land of Matadors and Flamenco
- Wander through the boulevards of artistic Madrid
- See the Romanesque architecture of Toledo and Granada
- Feast on Tapas in Seville and delicious port wine in Porto
- Seek a live performance of Lisbon’s iconic Fado music
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus, Historical, Christmas & New Year
- Expat Explore Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Madrid
- Day 2: Toledo - Granada
- Day 3: Ronda - Seville
- Day 4: Seville - Free day
- Day 5: Algarve - Lisbon
- Day 6: Lisbon - Free day
- Day 7: Obidos - Porto
- Day 8: Guarda - Salamanca
- Day 9: Avila - Madrid
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- HelenWritten on August 3, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had a wonderful tour, our guide was fantastic. I have a food allergy and I was so impressed with Johns attention to insuring my meals were always suitable. this made my tour even better.Review collected by Expat Explore Travel
- ARALLISONWritten on October 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour covered a lot of places but could have made time to really do the highlights well, like an inside tour of Alhambra and a full day in Porto.
- SPsonjaWritten on October 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
the whole trip was awesome. Antonia, the Tour Leader was exceptional and the drivers (expecially Rui) were great too. Saw some amazing places and met some wonderful friends.
- HCHollyWritten on October 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Such a great experience- one I will never forget!! Antonio was the best!! Thank you thank you
- JPJohnWritten on September 10, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This review is no where near as in-depth as the written review we did on the bus and I trust you will be getting it ax it contains much more details on the good and the bad about this trip. No way this questionnaire can tell you things like one hotel was... Read more
- EAErzsebetWritten on August 14, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Good tour. Beautiful places, very good group (fellow travellers), busy programme with organised optional excursions and good tour guide. Overall, very good experience.
- JRJacquelineWritten on August 11, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Filip made the tour fabulous. He is knowledgeable, passionate about his subject and likeable in the extreme. Allambrah should really be included - we had to go all the way back to Granada to visit it.
- RRhonaWritten on January 10, 20182.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Disappointed. Horrible hotels with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. Horrible food except for breakfasts. Energetic guide. Would have preferred guide with more knowledge of places. Overall would never do another tour with this company.
- ASAvivaWritten on January 9, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Tour guide John on Tour was very good but hotels were only 2 stars and some 3 stars! Food selection was underwhelming and the trip was very tourist designed. You do see a lot of places & quickly so a great overview of cities.
- SKSavithaWritten on August 26, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was good experience
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day. Meet your fellow travellers, and depending on what time you arrive, you may have time to explore Madrid, or alternatively relax in the comforts of the hotel. The tour generally starts from Elba Madrid Alcala or Travelodge Madrid Torrelaguna, however, please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Your tour leader will be at the hotel between 2 pm and 5 pm on the first day of the tour, and later in the evening, you will meet your fellow explorers and get your first taste of Spain with dinner included.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Expat Explore can provide private airport arrival transfers for passengers flying into Madrid airport, as well as departure transfers back to the airport on the last day of the tour. Please contact our Customer Support team to arrange this.
What are the optional excursions?
Please see below the list of optional excursions in local currency, however, please note this is a guideline only and prices are subject to change:
Sintra Half-Day Trip. Price: EUR 50
Algarve Beach Lunch. Price: EUR 15
Flamenco Dinner Show. Price: EUR 55
Douro River Cruise. Price: EUR 12
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Cameron13th July 2019
Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- December 2020
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Madrid7 seats left$160$1,560-10%USD $1,400
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to MadridOnly 1 seat left$160$1,560-10%USD $1,400
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $1,560
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $1,560
- SaturdayNov 2, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $1,560
- SundayDec 22, 2019from Madrid9 DaysMondayDec 30, 2019to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $1,560
- FridayMar 20, 2020from Madrid9 DaysSaturdayMar 28, 2020to MadridOnly 2 seats left$190$1,635-12%USD $1,445Instant BookHold my
- FridayApr 17, 2020from Madrid9 DaysSaturdayApr 25, 2020to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $1,635
- FridayMay 15, 2020from Madrid9 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to MadridUSD $1,635
- FridayMay 29, 2020from Madrid9 DaysSaturdayJun 6, 2020to MadridUSD $1,635
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Madrid.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 28 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 28 October 2019, a minimum payment of 10% is required to confirm your booking with Expat Explore Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Expat Explore Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Expat Explore Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Madrid (Spain)
- 68 km
- Toledo (Spain)
- 300 km
- Granada (Spain)
- 148 km
- Ronda (Spain)
- 103 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 313 km
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 274 km
- Porto (Portugal)
- 250 km
- Salamanca (Spain)
- 176 km
- Madrid (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,175 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,032 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days