Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,035
- Explore the land of Matadors and Flamenco
- Wander through the boulevards of artistic Madrid
- See the Romanesque architecture of Toledo and Granada
- Feast on Tapas in Seville and delicious port wine in Porto
- Seek a live performance of Lisbon’s iconic Fado music
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus, Historical, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- ARALLISONWritten on October 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour covered a lot of places but could have made time to really do the highlights well, like an inside tour of Alhambra and a full day in Porto.
- SPsonjaWritten on October 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
the whole trip was awesome. Antonia, the Tour Leader was exceptional and the drivers (expecially Rui) were great too. Saw some amazing places and met some wonderful friends.
- HCHollyWritten on October 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Such a great experience- one I will never forget!! Antonio was the best!! Thank you thank you
- JPJohnWritten on September 10, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
This review is no where near as in-depth as the written review we did on the bus and I trust you will be getting it ax it contains much more details on the good and the bad about this trip. No way this questionnaire can tell you things like one hotel was... Read more
- EAErzsebetWritten on August 14, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Good tour. Beautiful places, very good group (fellow travellers), busy programme with organised optional excursions and good tour guide. Overall, very good experience.
- JRJacquelineWritten on August 11, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Filip made the tour fabulous. He is knowledgeable, passionate about his subject and likeable in the extreme. Allambrah should really be included - we had to go all the way back to Granada to visit it.
- RRhonaWritten on January 10, 20182.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Disappointed. Horrible hotels with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. Horrible food except for breakfasts. Energetic guide. Would have preferred guide with more knowledge of places. Overall would never do another tour with this company.
- ASAvivaWritten on January 9, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Tour guide John on Tour was very good but hotels were only 2 stars and some 3 stars! Food selection was underwhelming and the trip was very tourist designed. You do see a lot of places & quickly so a great overview of cities.
- SKSavithaWritten on August 26, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was good experience
- WWarwickWritten on August 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a great trip. The hotels were outstanding. It was also well organized no hiccups anywhere. The guide was excellent and made the tour special.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Madrid
- Day 2: Toledo - Granada
- Day 3: Ronda - Seville
- Day 4: Seville - Free day
- Day 5: Algarve - Lisbon
- Day 6: Lisbon - Free day
- Day 7: Obidos - Porto
- Day 8: Guarda - Salamanca
- Day 9: Avila - Madrid
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day. Meet your fellow travellers, and depending on what time you arrive, you may have time to explore Madrid, or alternatively relax in the comforts of the hotel. The tour generally starts from Elba Madrid Alcala or Travelodge Madrid Torrelaguna, however, please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Your tour leader will be at the hotel between 2 pm and 5 pm on the first day of the tour, and later in the evening, you will meet your fellow explorers and get your first taste of Spain with dinner included.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Expat Explore can provide private airport arrival transfers for passengers flying into Madrid airport, as well as departure transfers back to the airport on the last day of the tour. Please contact our Customer Support team to arrange this.
What are the optional excursions?
Please see below the list of optional excursions in local currency, however, please note this is a guideline only and prices are subject to change:
Sintra Half-Day Trip. Price: EUR 50
Algarve Beach Lunch. Price: EUR 15
Flamenco Dinner Show. Price: EUR 55
Douro River Cruise. Price: EUR 12
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Madrid9 DaysSundayDec 30, 2018to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $1,560Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayApr 18, 2019from Madrid9 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Madrid9 seats left$190$1,560-12%USD $1,370
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Madrid0 seats leftUSD $1,560Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$280$1,560-18%USD $1,280
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to MadridOnly 1 seat left$340$1,560-22%USD $1,220
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Madrid6 seats left$190$1,560-12%USD $1,370
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$495$1,560-32%USD $1,065
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$280$1,560-18%USD $1,280
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$230$1,560-15%USD $1,330
- SaturdayAug 10, 2019from Madrid9 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Madrid10+ seats left$415$1,560-27%USD $1,145
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Madrid.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 February 2019 the full payment of $1,035 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1035 for Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Madrid (Spain)
- 68 km
- Toledo (Spain)
- 300 km
- Granada (Spain)
- 148 km
- Ronda (Spain)
- 103 km
- Seville (Spain)
- 313 km
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- 274 km
- Porto (Portugal)
- 250 km
- Salamanca (Spain)
- 176 km
- Madrid (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,035 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,052 tours in Europe
- covered by 312 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Spain & Portugal - 9 Days