The Italian Dream
- Our saving
- US $ 1,167
- Visit St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- See Michelangelo's impressive works
- Experience Florence's world-class shops
- Explore local wine houses in Tuscany
- Age range
- 1 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CarlosWritten on April 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentClara is the most wonderful sweet guide, she is very patient and will help you do anything you need to make your tour more pleasant.Show detailed ratings
- CallanWritten on December 10, 20174.0 - GoodClara was an amazing tour guide and extremely helpful .Show detailed ratingsWingbuddy commented on this reviewHello from Wingbuddy. We thank you for this great feedback which is really useful for us. We noted all your comments and we look forward to assist you on your next trip! https://www.tourradar.com/o/wingbuddy
- EWEricWritten on October 13, 20172.5 - AverageWingbuddy – Italian Dream Review – Sept 2017 Italian Dream tour is based on a Carranni tours 5 days/4night Florence / Venice guided tour with a few extra days tagged on in Rome. The Itinerary was a good way to see the highlights. Pros: Flexible flight arrangements Transfers were on time and trouble free Hotel in Rome (Holiday Inn Express) and Venice/ Mastre (Delfino) were nice solid 3 stars although outside of the main tourist areas Bus tour Guide (Nicole) was friendly Experienced a lot of the country in a short period Cons: Very large group of two buses (Spanish/English) with almost 120 people being guided by two guides Guides overwhelmed at times due to group size Delays at start of the day due to size meant truncated time at sites Bus was older with Wi-Fi not working / no entertainment Florence hotel (Raffello) was a last minute substitutionn for us (originally Mederteraneo Hotel in old city) –this hotel was very poor quality,and very far from old town. Supplied meals in Florence were extremely sub standard (wish we skipped these as better options were handily available) Summary: Had a nice time on the trip but would hesitate to recommend this tour group to a friend . Would point them to a more main stream tour operator. The size of the tour was a problem and many people purchased the tour only portion via groupon. Low price vs value. Although there are a number of poor reviews now available it was very light on reviews prior to our booking. Not sure if over booking has affected there service but the current crop of other review accurately reflect our experiences. None of this I believe is attributed to our Wingbuddy Canada agent as all those arrangement were positive. I would likely use there service again especially for some of their bundled cruise offerings.Show detailed ratingsWingbuddy commented on this reviewHello, We thank you for your review and we are happy that you appreciated your tour guide and the highlights of Italy. September and October are two most busiest months in Italy and the group are pretty big. The maximum passengers on each bus is 55 person, but the bus can contains more than 60 persons. The hotels on this tour in Florence are Raffaello 4* and Mediterraneo 4* or similar and we noted your comment on hotel Raffelllo and the meals included. We thank you for this feedback which is really useful for us, we are sorry if everything was not as expected and we look forward to assist you on your next trip.
- CVCatherineWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing tour! Perfecto to explore Italy.Show detailed ratingsWingbuddy commented on this reviewHello from Wingbuddy! We thank you for your great review and we look forward to assist you on your next trip!
- RHRobertWritten on October 10, 20173.0 - AverageThe tour itinerary was great, but like most tours, the time spent in each site was too short. Our guide was knowledgeable and very friendly. However, quite often, he tried to provide too much information very quickly, making it difficult to understand. There were 2 big negatives. The meals provided were terrible. We certainly realized that we were not going to get gourmet meals, but most of the meals provided were sub-standard. The brochure stated that we were staying in 3-4 star hotels. We found some to barely be a 2 star and at best a 2.5 star. We were able to offset these negatives by enjoying the beautiful towns and cities we visited and wonderful people we metShow detailed ratingsWingbuddy commented on this reviewHello from Wingbuddy. We thank you for your review and we are happy that you appreciated the highlights of Italy. We noted your comments on the hotels and the meals and we will transmit them to our representative in Italy. We thank you for this feedback which is really useful for us, we are sorry if your hotel and included meals was not as expected and we look forward to assist you on your next trip.
- ElisaWritten on October 8, 20172.0 - Rather poorMy experience with the tour was poor - accommodation provided was poor far from all the main tourist sights, although public transport was close in proximity, the need to travel back to your hotels on your own defeats the purpose of joining a tour group that is suppose to help you worry less about these things. The food provided by the tour was average, the quality/ variety was poor for the dinner or lunch options. Can't complain about breakfast as it was predictable. The tour group director talked too much throughout the entire trip, too fast as well, not really providing or allowing us enough time to digest all the information. Certain stops were too short at the smaller cities to really enjoy such as Assisi, Siena and Montepulciano. Would love to have had more time to explore. Overall it's a very brief introduction through the cities just touching the main highlights. There is quite a fair amount of free time which is good but I think for a country with so much history and culture would be great to have more guided tours and information rather than just allowing us to roam ourselves. The friendships forged in the group were probably the best part.Show detailed ratings
- RGRebeccaWritten on September 30, 20173.5 - GoodFound there were too many people in the group therefore too much downtime waiting. Most sights were rushed, accommodation was not what was expected, not central ie we had to travel by bus & boat to the city Venice & other motels as well whereby others had their motel centralised. Guides were informative on sights overall a good experience.Show detailed ratings
- NICOLEWritten on September 29, 20173.5 - GoodThe tour was great and we had a wonderful time. However, Wingbuddy are a travel agent and are not the tour operator. The tour is run by Carani Tours, a local Rome tour company. The tour is also Fantasia and not 'The Italian Dream' and was certainly more than 40 people. It was made of of multiple groups on similar tours. The tour guide, Stefano, was lovely and very patient with everyone and we had a great time. The airport transfer from the airport was not reliable, for many others in the tour also, and the emergency contact was very rude and informed me 'I don't work today' and gave me another random number. Make sure you are able to make local calls and have data on your phone. The hotel rooms were all really nice, although because we did not choose the upgrade option you are much further out from the centre of the city - 20 mins to Florence and 30 to the centre of Venice. The included meals are very basic and so if you want a nice dinner out, make your own plans. However, it was a great opportunity to get to know others on the tour who were very lovely. We went everywhere and did everything, included optional extras arranged by Stefano for a wonderful night trip to Venice and a gondola ride - well worth taking it up! Going in a group saved so much time queuing and was well worth it. The local guides in Florence and Venice were very knowledgable and we had a lovely day. Carani ran a great tour - although may be worth checking options to book with them directly rather than through multiple layers via Tour Radar and Wingbuddy who then contact Carani. Great trip and a wonderful time - your holiday is what you make it!Show detailed ratings
- KathieWritten on September 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip had it all. Food was good not great.The extra tours a bit much. You must not be too out of shape. Lots of hillsShow detailed ratings
- DFDavidWritten on August 31, 20174.5 - ExcellentVery good tour, made even better by Stefano our guideShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Rome
Start point Rome Garden Hotel, Via Nomentana, 28, 00161 Roma RM, Italy
- Day 2: Rome - Assisi - Siena - Florence
- Day 3: Florence
- Day 4: Florence - Bologna - Padova - Venice
- Day 5: Venice
- Day 6: Venice - Montepulciano (Tuscany wine region) - Rome
- Day 7: Rome
Day 8: Rome
End point Rome Garden Hotel, Via Nomentana, 28, 00161 Roma RM, Italy
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Rome - Rome Garden 3* hotel (or similar)
Address: Via Nomentana, 28, 00161 Roma RM, Italy
Florence - Mediterraneo 4 *hotel (or similar)
Address: Lungarno del Tempio, 44, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
Venice (Mestre) - Delfino 4 *hotel (or similar)
Address: Corso del Popolo, 211, 30172 Venezia VE, Italy
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 26, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursion for this tour is:
Trip to Pisa. Prices: Adult: EUR 49 (approx) / person. Child 4 to 12 years old: EUR 24.50 (approx) / person. 0 to 3 years old: Free
Please be advised that this is a guideline only, and prices are subject to change.
- March 29, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of the tour is an arrivals day, so you can arrive at any time. Airport transfers are included, which will take you to the Rome Garden Hotel.
Be aware that the meeting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- March 29, 2018
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane28th January 2018
The Italian Dream
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- FridayMay 25, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundayJun 3, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- FridayJun 22, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Rome10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $49USD $1,167
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Wingbuddy booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $1,167 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1167 for The Italian Dream, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wingbuddy will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wingbuddy tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 130 km
- Assisi (Italy)
- 108 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 51 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 80 km
- Bologna (Italy)
- 110 km
- Padova (Italy)
- 34 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 265 km
- Montepulciano (Italy)
- 145 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,167 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for The Italian Dream via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 32 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Italian Dream