The Italian Dream
- Follow the steps of amazing Michelangelo and Giotto
- Lunch in Tuscan restaurant and indulge in Tuscan wine
- Discover Bologna’s impressive historical city center
- Visit the stunning Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua
- Tour St. Peters’ Basilica and the Sistine Chapel
- Rather Poor
- MCMichaelWritten on August 15, 2018Fantastic itinerary!! We saw so many attractions in such a short time..was a bit hectic but worth it. The gondola ride was particularly outstanding with the singer and musical accompaniment. The coach was very comfortable and spacious. Our tour guide, Patrizia, was very knowledgeable and patient with the group and our driver, Paolo, did an excellent job. Dinners at some of the hotels could have been better. Would highly recommend this tour.
- DSDavidWritten on August 6, 20184.0 - GoodThe Tour was good ,if a little hurried at times but there is alot to fit in so this really isn't a criticism, out guide (Mirjam) was really great and looked after us very well with great humour , all the places we visited were out of this world ,Rome Garden Hotel was a little off the beaten track and rooms very small but staff were friendly and helpful... Florence hotel (Grand Marina)was nice and so was Venice hotel (Delfino) this was on the mainland but was easy to get into Venice.Show detailed ratings
- LFLornaWritten on August 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentSabrina and Paolo took care of our needs so well, they exceeded my expectations. Sabrina is a fantastic tour guide and a wonderful person, very professional, very knowledgeable and still I feel as if she is a friend. Paolo is very helpful, and a wonderful driver as I'v seen some very scary driving in Italy. I would highly recommend this tour as we saw so much and learnt so much and everything was made easy. Not having to make your own bookings, not looking at wonderful sights and not know what you're looking at, and not spending all day trying to get to a place and wandering around lost. My friend and I travelled together, and paid the single supplement so we could have our own hotel rooms, and this came at a reasonable cost This tour is like having your own personal driver and organizer. It is great for all ages, and we met lovely people and always had friends to have dinner with, if we wished. There was plenty of free time and after a late night to just sleep in the air-conditioned coach was bliss. Another bonus is that breakfast is included every morning which sets you up for the day. The breakfasts were all good although the dinners were not that great, but then again I like fine dining and for the price, you cannot expect that. All in all, I can highly recommend the company and the tour.Show detailed ratings
- GMGenerosaWritten on July 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentWell organised trip, accommodation was very good and our guide was friendly and extremely knowledgeable.Show detailed ratings
- HAHamidWritten on July 16, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was good and informative. A bit too hectic.Show detailed ratings
- PBPerryWritten on July 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a great time on this trip. Carlos and Antonio were fantastic!Show detailed ratings
- NMNicoletteWritten on July 2, 20184.0 - GoodLoved this trip - just the right mix of touring, tour guide (Carlos Tosca), local guides and free time. The inclusive meals were NOT great! I understand the hotels have to cater for groups however tastier food - ie, Bruschetta's, pizza's, pasta's could have been provided at a lower cost than the sliced beef and potatoes we had on two occasions. (First night upon arrival in Florence and then the included lunch in Florence). The food in Venice at the Mestre Hotel was also not great. Italy is so well known for their food and we found the inclusive meals disappointing compared to what we had outside of the hotels. (On a side bar, we ate downstairs in the bar sort of area in Florence at the Medditeraneo (sp?) Hotel and that meal was absolutely FANTASTIC - we had walnut gnocchi, a salad, a pizza and bruschetta). I feel bad to say but I am sure you will appreciate the feedback. The inclusive meals were dreadful. The last one was in Venice at the Mestre hotel however we opted to eat outside the hotel. We had Carlos Tosca as our tour guide and he was absolutely fantastic. His English is phenomenal and he is very knowledgeable, fun and informative without being intrusive and overbearing. We REALLY enjoyed Carlos' company a great deal. He is an asset to your organisation. We also had Clara for bits and pieces of the tour and she is also a wonderful asset - such a gorgeous happy personality. We also really enjoyed the guide in Pisa - I cannot recall her name but she was wonderful - such an interesting lady! All in all, a great trip and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on June 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was wonderful, especially the tour guide, Carlos. He was well informed and spoke to the audience well. He was very patient and kept the tour interesting.Show detailed ratings
- JBJWritten on June 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour was well-paced: sufficient freedom to look around, helpful and interesting information given by the guide. The hotels were good but their staff was rude. Rose Garden Hotel was the exception: they were kind and helpful throughout. But at Delfino in Venice, we asked about laundry service on arrival, then about proper procedure for leaving it out the following morning. We returned early to find our room cleaned but the laundry ignored. When we asked them to remedy this, the front desk apologized and promised to send someone up to pick up our laundry; half an hour later, no one had arrived so we called again, and we’re then told it’s too late to do laundry. Besides this, the trip was great. Sabrina was helpful at every step, and most importantly was genuine and caring with us and everyone else. She is truly an asset to your company.Show detailed ratings
- HHeatherWritten on June 19, 20184.0 - GoodSabrina was an excellent guide! She spoke very good English, was super organized and on time! She went over and above to accommodate people. We did the Almalfi Coast extended tour and we were sorry to see her depart our tour at that point. In fact a lot of people missed her attentiveness. Hotel Rome Garden had a good breakfast but the wifi was terrible. A friend of ours had no power in her room nor air conditioning. The room was clean but we would have preferred little more “step up” accommodations. The tour was very busy but excellent! The bus drivers deserve a big star for driving in the areas!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Rome
Start point Rome Garden Hotel, Via Nomentana, 28, 00161 Roma RM, Italy
- Day 2: Rome - Assisi - Siena - Florence
- Day 3: Florence
- Day 4: Florence - Bologna - Padova - Venice
- Day 5: Venice
- Day 6: Venice - Montepulciano (Tuscany wine region) - Rome
- Day 7: Rome
Day 8: Rome
End point Rome Garden Hotel, Via Nomentana, 28, 00161 Roma RM, Italy
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
Rome - Rome Garden 3* hotel (or similar)
Address: Via Nomentana, 28, 00161 Roma RM, Italy
Florence - Mediterraneo 4 *hotel (or similar)
Address: Lungarno del Tempio, 44, 50121 Firenze FI, Italy
Venice (Mestre) - Delfino 4 *hotel (or similar)
Address: Corso del Popolo, 211, 30172 Venezia VE, Italy
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursion for this tour is:
Trip to Pisa. Prices: Adult: EUR 49 (approx) / person. Child 4 to 12 years old: EUR 24.50 (approx) / person. 0 to 3 years old: Free
Please be advised that this is a guideline only, and prices are subject to change.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of the tour is an arrivals day, so you can arrive at any time. Airport transfers are included, which will take you to the Rome Garden Hotel.
Be aware that the meeting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
The Italian Dream
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- FridayAug 31, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- FridaySep 14, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- FridaySep 21, 2018from Rome8 DaysFridaySep 28, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Rome8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,167
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Wingbuddy booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 October 2018 the full payment of $972 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $972 for The Italian Dream, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wingbuddy will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wingbuddy tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 130 km
- Assisi (Italy)
- 108 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 51 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 80 km
- Bologna (Italy)
- 110 km
- Padova (Italy)
- 34 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 265 km
- Montepulciano (Italy)
- 145 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $972 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,005 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for The Italian Dream via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 50 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Italian Dream