Best of UK & Ireland - 13 days
- Our saving
- US $ 2,070
- Explore legendary landmarks, medieval castles, rolling green hills
- Rewarding group tour experience
- Visit hometown of William Shakespeare
- Great value for money
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- JNJanayaWritten on January 6, 20184.0 - GoodI went on the UK and Ireland tour with Kaeleigh as our guide. She was the most organised, professional and informative tour leader I could've hoped for, she went above and beyond at every turn - especially when providing us with history and info about every stop/leg of our epic journey. She made the already beautiful landscape and amazingly historic tour even more interesting, Thanks Kaeleigh, and Expat Explore for a great trip.Show detailed ratings
- JWJudithWritten on September 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was great; Niall was incredibly knowledgeable of history & what questions he couldn't answer he Googled for you (as my wifi was no good). The hotel rooms were were across the spectrum of not so great to very nice/comfortable. If plans went awry, Niall would soothe the situation brilliantly. Niall's organizational skills, enthusiasm, knowledge of history, and his ability to manage a bus load of travelers from around the world is seriously astonishing. The breakfasts were great, more than adequate, even if different from my typical fare. There is a fair amount of walking (that I was unable to participate in) due to knee issues, but I usually found a park, church, cafe or just people watching, occasionally chatting with locals. If you have no mobility issues at all, & don't mind less than glamorous accomodations then you will enjoy yourself. Even traveling alone I met & talked with people from around the world, & made a few friends. Great trip! Saw so much. Suggest keeping detailed journal of every stop. My biggest mistake was failure to pack/dress for the wet, windy, cooler temperatures of Sept In the UKShow detailed ratings
- SPSusanWritten on September 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was an amazing trip. Niall was so knowledgeable and helpful. James was also very good at his job. We covered alot of ground in 13 days. Niall and James were able to think on their feet and make any needed adjustments when we inevitably hit an occasional "road bump". The only negative was a few people who claimed to have special needs. My feeling is that if you are going on a tour, you should be prepared to adhere to ALL the same stipulations as everyone else and not receive special treatment. That applies to motion sickness. You should make the necessary preparations to prevent this or not book a bus tour.Show detailed ratings
- HHannahWritten on August 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was way better than I expected! A good mix of fun and travel. Also a good mix of optional and included.Show detailed ratings
- PaulaWritten on August 24, 20174.0 - GoodFantastic Guide, breathtaking sights, comfortable accommodation, excellent value for moneyShow detailed ratings
- OCOHWritten on August 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour went on very smoothly as according to the itinerary. There are even some surprises with additional interesting stopover in Caernarfon and extra dinner provided in Dublin. Meals and accommodation provided are very good for the value of the tour fare paid. Strongly recommended for would-be travelers.Show detailed ratings
- SSaharWritten on July 31, 20172.5 - AverageWe just came back from the 13 days U.K./Ireland tour. The tour guide, Kaeleigh was knowledgeable and organized but there were few things that bothered us during this trip. One was the smelly and stinky bus which was coming from the bus toilet stall. Even though we didn't see anyone using the bus toilet but we think the toilet was already full before the bus was given to our group. In any event, it should have been cleaned and dumped but we had to endure the unpleasant odor for a good 3-4 days of our trip. The other problem was the hotels. Even though there were few good/clean hotels but most of them were not. Specifically the hotels in Scotland ( Britania hotel and Loch Long Hotel). Britania had dirty bed sheets where I saw hairs on them, I asked for clean sheets but they also had stains on them. My son found a dead spider on his pillow at Loch Long Hotel. These 2 hotels didn't even have phone in their rooms so we had to go all the way down to speak to the reception for any simple request. Wifi at Long Loch Hotel wasn't working and Britania Hotel had only 40 minutes free wifi, we had to pay after 40 minutes. Also our room at Belfast IBIS hotel was smelling cigarette even though they were saying they were non smoking rooms, we could also smell sewer every time we turned on the water. I think it would worth if Expat considers other hotels in better conditions, even if it costs them charging a bit more, I'm sure people don't mind paying a little more but at least sleep in a clean room, not luxury but CLEAN.Show detailed ratings
- CCConnieWritten on July 18, 20174.0 - GoodHad a wonderful time. Rob, our bus driver, was excellent. He was a good driver and a friendly face. Kaliegh, our tour guide was knowledgeable and very organized. The countryside was breathtaking. The hotels were not always the best,but a few were charming.Show detailed ratings
- KIKatelinWritten on July 17, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing! Saw so much even in the little amount of time. Kaeleigh was our tour leader, and Rob was our driver. They were both such fun and interactive people and we couldn't have asked for any better ! Everything was organised and well prepared, the food was super yum and the accomodation was very good. I would definitely reccomend this trip to everyone!Show detailed ratings
- CCharlienWritten on June 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentTour guide and driver gave lots of information and interacted well with group Had a wonderful time and met some fantastic people Would recommend company to othersShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: London - Stonehenge - Bath - Cardiff
Start point Outside Hotel Novotel at Greenwich station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 06:30
- Day 2: Stratford-upon-Avon - Liverpool
- Day 3: Liverpool - Dublin
- Day 4: Dublin - Free day
- Day 5: Waterford - Blarney Castle - Killarney
- Day 6: Ring of Kerry
- Day 7: Adare - Cliffs of Moher - Galway
- Day 8: Derry/Londonderry - Giant's Causeway - Belfast
- Day 9: Stirling - Whisky Distillery - Scottish Highlands
- Day 10: Loch Ness - Edinburgh
- Day 11: Edinburgh - Free day
- Day 12: Alnwick Castle - York - Yorkshire
Day 13: Cambridge - London
End point Greenwich train station, 173-185 Greenwich High Road, London, SE10 8JA 17:00 – 19:30
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Expat Explore Travel | Great Britain Tour Video
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 24, 2018
What airport in London do you recommend flying into for this tour?
The main airport in London is Heathrow and this airport will be the closest to the tour meeting point however you are also able to fly into Gatwick airport but this will be further away to the meeting point.
- March 29, 2018
Can I request a triple share room?
We can always request a triple share room for you with Expat Explore, however, it is important to note that they are not always available in hotels in the UK & Ireland. If a triple room is not available Expat will organise two travellers to share a room and the other traveller to share with another person of the same sex on the tour or an option to upgrade to a single room.
- March 29, 2018
I am a vegetarian, can the included meals cater for my dietary requirement?
If you have a dietary requirement such as vegetarian, gluten-free etc please make sure you contact us once you have a booking so we can place a request with Expat for you and they can organise the meals for you before you join the tour.
149 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Best of UK & Ireland - 13 days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 4th June 20181 comment"My husband and I are so excited about our tour. We can’t wait to meet our fellow travelers. We are from the USA. "
- Departs 16th July 20182 comments"Looking forward to this!"
- Departs 13th August 20181 comment"My Wife and I are going on our 3rd tour with Expat on this tour through the UK and Ireland. We are from Atlanta, GA"
- Departs 17th September 20181 comment"Has anyone ever been? "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Best of UK & Ireland - 13 days
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- May 2019
- MondayJun 4, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to London5 seats left$740$3,105-24%USD $2,365
- MondayJun 18, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to London4 seats left$740$3,105-24%USD $2,365
- MondayJul 2, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to London4 seats left$740$3,105-24%USD $2,365
- MondayJul 16, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to LondonOnly 3 seats left$740$3,105-24%USD $2,365
- MondayJul 30, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to LondonOnly 2 seats left$740$3,105-24%USD $2,365
- MondayAug 6, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to London10+ seats left$830$3,105-27%USD $2,275
- MondayAug 13, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to London8 seats left$775$3,105-25%USD $2,330
- MondayAug 27, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to London5 seats left$775$3,105-25%USD $2,330
- MondaySep 10, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to London4 seats left$740$3,105-24%USD $2,365
- MondaySep 17, 2018from London13 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to London10+ seats left$885$3,105-29%USD $2,220
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland , Wales , Northern Ireland and Scotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 July 2018 the full payment of $2,070 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2070 for Best of UK & Ireland - 13 days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 123 km
- Stonehenge (England)
- 43 km
- Bath (England)
- 58 km
- Cardiff (Wales)
- 215 km
- Liverpool (England)
- 217 km
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 135 km
- Waterford (Ireland)
- 164 km
- Killarney (Ireland)
- 90 km
- Limerick (Ireland)
- 73 km
- Galway (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,070 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of UK & Ireland - 13 days