Highlights of Morocco
- Our saving
- US $ 1,113
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Camping, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- LaurenWritten on September 7, 20183.0 - AverageOur CEO guide was good at times and not so great at others. His communication style was poor--he was social, but there were times when he said we'd be able to stop for water and then not stop and was upset when we asked again. He'd ask why we didn't get water last time during the bathroom break...but there was no store there! That along with the fact that he seemed very closed minded about Western cultures on a variety of conversations. When asked if it was ok to eat some of the fresh salads, as we were told it might not be the most hygienic to do so, he got offended. He said it was fine, but more than half of our tour got sick, vomiting, fever and had to use the bathroom quite a bit due to the food we had eaten at a restaurant or hotel somewhere along the way. He didn't seem to have much sympathy that we were sick, it seemed like it was an inconvenience for him instead. I've been on other G-Adventure trips and by far this guide is an awful representation of G-Adventures. I can't believe he received good reviews from other trips, but maybe that's because people didn't get sick on his trip. He's social, but not the best person to work with international cultures, he seemed annoyed and narcissistic.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honesty here. We will look into this and see what happened. We apologize for any difficulties caused and feel badly most of the group became ill. That is not how anyone intends to spend their vacation.
- KPKristinaWritten on September 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe only thing I did not like and I would like to draw your attention to is the matter of tipping: Our tour guide - Issam told us at the beginning of the tour that we have to collect 400 Dirham each into "tips pool" that will include tips during our trip. I found the amount of money for tipping very unreasonable (400Dirham from each person! and there were 15 people in the group) apart from that we would still give tips from our own pocket in the cafes, toilets etc. because again we were told to do so. Also at the end of the trip, Issam suggested to tip a driver and the amount which was suggested is 300 Dirhams per person !!!! I don't want to assume how much was collected for the guide himself, because i did not go to the final dinner. It was very frustrating and disappointing because I felt i was robbed. Those people work and get their salary from G-adventure and they should not have asked for more or at least not at that amount. I also work and get salary from my employer. I had a feeling that in their eyes we come from overseas and we loaded with cash and they have a chance to milk us out. This attitude I did not like at all and was quite disappointing.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review. Tipping is always a sensitive area, and a tipping kitty allows our CEO's to take care of the daily tips that can become irksome. That said, the funds should be clearly accounted for, and we will work on this. Thanks for the honesty and for the review.
- CSCarolWritten on July 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was an excellent introduction to Morocco! I loved traveling with a small group--our CEO guide was knowledgeable, and friendly, putting everyone at ease. Plus, he took extra steps to make sure our needs were met, when we needed medicine, special foods and train tickets. Our friendly local guides provided lots of information within the time constraints. The packed itinerary still provided time to pause. Chefchaouen, Fes, and Essaouira were the highlights for me!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for sharing. Our CEO's in Morroco are second to none and it looks like they didn't disappoint here. Morocco is always a crowd pleaser when it comes to adventure travel!
- RRashmyWritten on July 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentExcellent! Well managed!!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewGreat to hear, Glad your trip went so well. Morocco's such a great venue for an adventure tour!
- LDLouiseWritten on June 9, 20184.0 - GoodReally great snapshot of the country, you get to see lots of varied landscapes (desert, hills, ocean) and stay in some great locations.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYessss! So happy you had this opportunity to experience Morocco - thank you for traveling with us.
- DHDeniseWritten on June 1, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a great group of people with an excellent guide who was thoughtful and Gave so much of himself to making us all comfortable. Thanks for a great time.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for your kind words - we have passed them on. Thank you for choosing to see the world with us.
- AndyWritten on June 1, 20184.0 - GoodAbdul (CEO guide) was extremely knowledgeable and took great care of us and our needs. He was open in answering some tough questions about culture, religion and traditions and left us with great appreciation for Morocco. The group got along really well.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for the kind words about Abdul - we have passed them onto him. Thank you for choosing to see this magical corner of the planet with us.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 27, 20184.0 - GoodThoughtful interacted with everyone and brought the group. Together.Show detailed ratings
- AMAnnWritten on May 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis tour was a great way to get a glimpse of the different areas of Morocco. It was enjoyable even though there were a few days that we spent too much time on the bus but that was the only way to see all that we did. I highly recommend the tour and our CEO Abdul who shared with us the history and what it’s like to be a Moroccan.Show detailed ratings
- JHJessicaWritten on February 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentAbdu was a terrific CEO. Even though weather was well outside norms, he made sure we were safe and comfortable.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Casablanca
- Day 2 Casablanca/Chefchaouen (1B)
- Day 3 Chefchaouen (1B)
- Day 4 Chefchaouen/Fès (1B, 1L)
- Day 5 Fès (1B)
- Day 6 Fès/Merzouga (1B, 1D)
- Day 7 Merzouga/Sahara Bedouin Camp (1B, 1D)
- Day 8 Sahara Bedouin Camp/Todra Gorge (1B)
- Day 9 Todra Gorge/Ait Benhaddou (1B)
- Day 10 Ait Benhaddou / High Atlas Mountains (1B, 1D)
- Day 11 High Atlas Mountains / Essaouira (1B)
- Day 12 Essaouira (1B)
- Day 13 Essaouira/Marrakech (1B)
- Day 14 Marrakech (1B)
- Day 15 Marrakech (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in Marrakech at Hotel Gomassine (or similar) on the last day of the tour and as there are no activities planned you can leave at any time you wish.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at any time! The start hotel will be the Moroccan House Hotel (subject to change until final documents are released) and there is a welcome meeting at 6 pm on the first day if you would like to attend where you can meet your guide and fellow travellers.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour price, however, these can be purchased at an additional cost with our Customer Support team.
If you do not choose to purchase an airport arrival transfer, you can take a taxi from the airport entrance which will take approximately 1hour (35km) to the hotel. Cost is around 300dh.There is also a train that you can take to Casa Voyager Station. From there, take a 10-minute taxi drive to the Hotel for around 20dh.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
Highlights of Morocco
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysWednesdayOct 17, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysWednesdayOct 24, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to MarrakeshOnly 1 seat left$359$1,549-23%USD $1,189Book Now Hold my
- MondayOct 15, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- WednesdayOct 17, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Casablanca15 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Marrakesh0 seats left$62USD $1,487
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Casablanca is the starting point and Marrakesh is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 November 2018 the full payment of $1,113 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1113 for Highlights of Morocco, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 297 km
- Tangier (Morocco)
- 82 km
- Chefchaouen (Morocco)
- 144 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 25 km
- Volubilis (Morocco)
- 38 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 341 km
- Merzouga (Morocco)
- 161 km
- Todra Gorge (Morocco)
- 158 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
- 256 km
- Essaouira (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,113 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,534 tours in Africa
- covered by 141 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Morocco