Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Pay a visit to UNESCO Matera and Alberobello
- Journey past trulli, vineyards and olive groves
- Indulge in the succulent and fresh local cuisine
- Admire the views from the white hilltop town of Ostuni
- Day 1: Start in Alberobello.
- Day 2: Walk over the hills of the Itria Valley, dotted with olive trees, vineyards and trulli; visit Locorotondo, known for its superb wine.
- Day 3: Morning visit to the white city of Ostuni; afternoon walk through olive groves and vineyards; visit Agnano Archaeological Park.
- Day 4: Free day. Optional activities include visiting the Baroque city of Lecce or the picture-perfect coastal village of Polignano a Mare.
- Day 5: Morning walk to the Adriatic coast; free time at the beach (in season) and transfer to the UNESCO town of Matera.
- Day 6: Short walk in Matera’s Rock Churches Park and guided sightseeing in the town's marvellous UNESCO 'Sassi' district.
- Day 7: Walk in the outskirts of Matera exploring prehistoric caves and rugged landscape; overnight in Matera.
- Day 8: The trip ends in Matera this morning.
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingGood
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- HWHelenOctober 21, 2019But I wasn't told that the flight arrival time had changed. I was meeting the group in Bari but they had to wait an hour at the airport till I got the message. And I had contacted Exodus via chat the day before and this was not mentioned. I also... Show moreTrip date: October 2019
- BMBruceMay 30, 2019Fabrizio made this tour very enjoyable! The transportation and meals could be improved and more included. We needed a transfer at the end of the tour and none was providedTrip date: May 2019
- JAJudyMay 28, 2019Fabrizio absolutely made the tour! He was so wonderful!! We really enjoyed the Arberobello, Ostuni & Matera. Fabrizio went above and beyond the call of duty for many things but in particular by accompanying us to Lecce. We would absolutely recommend... Show moreTrip date: May 2019
- ARoger SmeeOctober 10, 2013An enjoyable trip in an area with an abundance of interesting and unusual places. Walking was initially a little disappointing but all the accomodation and food was of a very high standard.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The walk... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAlistair AstlingMay 20, 2013May is a good time of the year to go to this area as its not too hot. There is plenty of interest particularly in Matera. Walks were right length and Puglia and Basilicata were very different regions. What was the most inspirational moment of your... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Walking in Puglia & Matera
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayMar 28, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayApr 4, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$49USD $1,649Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$52USD $1,749Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayApr 25, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$56USD $1,879Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 25, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMay 2, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$52USD $1,749Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMay 9, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$54USD $1,799Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMay 16, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$52USD $1,749Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 16, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$52USD $1,749Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 23, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMay 30, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$52USD $1,749Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayJun 13, 2020to Alberobello7 seats left$52USD $1,749Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayJun 13, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayJun 20, 2020to Alberobello8 seats left$52USD $1,749Sharing a twin room
Show more departures
Frequently asked questions
- Will I have a tour guide at all times?
- How is the weather at the end of March?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
- Puglia & Basilicata
- Western Europe Travel Guide