Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Pay a visit to UNESCO Matera and Alberobello
- Journey past trulli, vineyards and olive groves
- Indulge in the succulent and fresh local cuisine
- Admire the views from the white hilltop town of Ostuni
Start in Matera and end in Alberobello! With the hiking & trekking tour Walking in Puglia & Matera, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Matera, Italy and 3 other destinations in Italy. Walking in Puglia & Matera includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Day 1: Start in Alberobello.
- Day 2: Walk over the hills of the Itria Valley, dotted with olive trees, vineyards and trulli; visit Locorotondo, known for its superb wine.
- Day 3: Morning visit to the white city of Ostuni; afternoon walk through olive groves and vineyards; visit Agnano Archaeological Park.
- Day 4: Free day. Optional activities include visiting the Baroque city of Lecce or the picture-perfect coastal village of Polignano a Mare.
- Day 5: Morning walk to the Adriatic coast; free time at the beach (in season) and transfer to the UNESCO town of Matera.
- Day 6: Short walk in Matera’s Rock Churches Park and guided sightseeing in the town's marvellous UNESCO 'Sassi' district.
- Day 7: Walk in the outskirts of Matera exploring prehistoric caves and rugged landscape; overnight in Matera.
- Day 8: The trip ends in Matera this morning.
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- HWHelen· October 21, 2019But I wasn't told that the flight arrival time had changed. I was meeting the group in Bari but they had to wait an hour at the airport till I got the message. And I had contacted Exodus via chat the day before and this was not mentioned. I also... Show moreTrip date: October 2019
- BMBruce· May 30, 2019Fabrizio made this tour very enjoyable! The transportation and meals could be improved and more included. We needed a transfer at the end of the tour and none was providedTrip date: May 2019
- JAJudy· May 28, 2019Fabrizio absolutely made the tour! He was so wonderful!! We really enjoyed the Arberobello, Ostuni & Matera. Fabrizio went above and beyond the call of duty for many things but in particular by accompanying us to Lecce. We would absolutely recommend... Show moreTrip date: May 2019
- ARoger Smee· October 10, 2013An enjoyable trip in an area with an abundance of interesting and unusual places. Walking was initially a little disappointing but all the accomodation and food was of a very high standard.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The walk... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAlistair Astling· May 20, 2013May is a good time of the year to go to this area as its not too hot. There is plenty of interest particularly in Matera. Walks were right length and Puglia and Basilicata were very different regions. What was the most inspirational moment of your... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Walking in Puglia & Matera
From Matera to Alberobello
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Saturday26 Sep, 2020Saturday3 Oct, 2020Multiple Room Types$1,799
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday10 Oct, 2020Saturday17 Oct, 2020Multiple Room Types$1,879
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday17 Oct, 2020Saturday24 Oct, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday24 Oct, 2020Saturday31 Oct, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday7 Nov, 2020Saturday14 Nov, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,649
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday14 Nov, 2020Saturday21 Nov, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,649
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday10 Apr, 2021Saturday17 Apr, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,879
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday17 Apr, 2021Saturday24 Apr, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,879
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday1 May, 2021Saturday8 May, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,879
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday8 May, 2021Saturday15 May, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,879
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I have a tour guide at all times?
- How is the weather at the end of March?
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Italy
- Italy Travel Guide
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Italy from Matera
- Italy Hiking & Trekking
- Small group tour
- 8 days Italy
- Operators in Europe
- South Italy
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Apulia tours
- Italy tours
- South Italy