Walking in Puglia & Matera
- Our saving
- US $ 1,288
2 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on October 10, 20134.0 - GoodAn enjoyable trip in an area with an abundance of interesting and unusual places. Walking was initially a little disappointing but all the accomodation and food was of a very high standard.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The walk from Montescaglioso to Matera. Fantasic views, walking through varied and interesting terrain and very different to the walks at the beginning of the week.The hotels in Ostuni and Matera were fasinating with their querky layouts and interesting history.The food - antipasti, antipasti and more antipasti - absolutly delicious! Â What did you think of your group leader?Angelo was an excellent leader who was very mindful of the needs of the group always consulting, advising and making suggestions. His knowledge of the area was excellent. He had great empathy with the local people and worked very hard to make this holiday the best experience possible.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Don't eat or drink too much!Is there anything else you would like to add?We were initially a little disappointed with the walking which was mostly on flat terrain through olive groves but this was more than made up for later in the week when the scenery was varied and at times dramatic.Â Other aspects of the trip exceeded our expectations the food, the hotels, the leader.Â Perhaps the holiday should be renamed "Food and walking in Puglia and Basilicata"
- AnonymousWritten on May 20, 20134.0 - GoodMay is a good time of the year to go to this area as its not too hot. There is plenty of interest particularly in Matera. Walks were right length and Puglia and Basilicata were very different regions. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The first view of Matera old town from the Sassi Hotel - this town is a hidden jewel.The wildflowers of the area which has not been subject to herbicides.Finding out the making pasta by hand is really quite difficult!What did you think of your group leader?Angelo was knowledgeable and friendly but perhaps needed to anticipate the questions of the group. This he will learn as he deals with further groups. Good at getting consensus in the group and arranging meals together etc.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Not really - the tripÂ fulfils the description in the brochure.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?Having Susie as the observer from Exodus was an added bonus! It is comforting to know that this is company policy to send an observer on the first trip and she helped the group leader improve the quality of the experience.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start in Matera.
- Day 2: Short walk in Matera’s Rock Churches Park and guided sightseeing in the town's marvellous UNESCO 'Sassi' district; wine and produce tasting.
- Day 3: Walk in the outskirts of Matera exploring prehistoric caves and rugged landscape; overnight in Matera.
- Day 4: Morning visit to the white city of Ostuni; afternoon walk through olive groves and vineyards; visit Agnano Archaeological Park.
- Day 5: Free day. Optional activities include visiting the Baroque city of Lecce or the picture-perfect coastal village of Polignano a Mare.
- Day 6: Morning walk to the Adriatic coast; free time at the beach (in season) and transfer to the UNESCO town of Alberobello.
- Day 7: Walk over the hills of the Itria Valley, dotted with olive trees, vineyards and trulli; visit Locorotondo, known for its superb wine.
- Day 8: The trip ends in Alberobello this morning.
- Puglia & Basilicata
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will I have a tour guide at all times?
Yes you will have a guide with you through the tour.
How is the weather at the end of March?
In March Puglia has an average of 12 wet days per month and temps of approx. 18C.
The Puglia region of Southern Italy enjoys a wonderful Mediterranean climate with all year round sunshine and just enough rainfall to ensure that the green is never too far off. Although Puglia covers a large area it is long and narrow - not more than 30km across. This means that you're never far from the sea which has a moderating effect on the weather.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
Walking in Puglia & Matera
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Bari8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Bari0 seats left$70USD $1,675Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Bari8 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Bari0 seats left$73USD $1,752Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Bari8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to BariOnly 1 seat left$167$1,765-9%USD $1,598
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Bari8 DaysSaturdayNov 17, 2018to Bari8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Bari8 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to Bari8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Bari8 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Bari8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Bari8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Bari8 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Bari8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Bari8 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Bari8 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Bari8 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Bari8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Bari8 seats left$164$1,705-10%USD $1,541
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Bari.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $1,288 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1288 for Walking in Puglia & Matera, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bari (Italy)
- 55 km
- Matera (Italy)
- 82 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 29 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 8 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 8 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 49 km
- Bari (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,288 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,853 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 22,216 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours