Walking in Puglia & Matera
- Rather Poor
- RSRoger SmeeWritten on October 10, 20134.0 - Good
An enjoyable trip in an area with an abundance of interesting and unusual places. Walking was initially a little disappointing but all the accomodation and food was of a very high standard.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The walk from... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAAlistair AstlingWritten on May 20, 20134.0 - Good
May is a good time of the year to go to this area as its not too hot. There is plenty of interest particularly in Matera. Walks were right length and Puglia and Basilicata were very different regions. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start in Alberobello.
- Day 2: Walk over the hills of the Itria Valley, dotted with olive trees, vineyards and trulli; visit Locorotondo, known for its superb wine.
- Day 3: Morning visit to the white city of Ostuni; afternoon walk through olive groves and vineyards; visit Agnano Archaeological Park.
- Day 4: Free day. Optional activities include visiting the Baroque city of Lecce or the picture-perfect coastal village of Polignano a Mare.
- Day 5: Morning walk to the Adriatic coast; free time at the beach (in season) and transfer to the UNESCO town of Matera.
- Day 6: Short walk in Matera’s Rock Churches Park and guided sightseeing in the town's marvellous UNESCO 'Sassi' district.
- Day 7: Walk in the outskirts of Matera exploring prehistoric caves and rugged landscape; overnight in Matera.
- Day 8: The trip ends in Matera this morning.
- Puglia & Basilicata
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will I have a tour guide at all times?
Yes you will have a guide with you through the tour.
How is the weather at the end of March?
In March Puglia has an average of 12 wet days per month and temps of approx. 18C.
The Puglia region of Southern Italy enjoys a wonderful Mediterranean climate with all year round sunshine and just enough rainfall to ensure that the green is never too far off. Although Puglia covers a large area it is long and narrow - not more than 30km across. This means that you're never far from the sea which has a moderating effect on the weather.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Terence31st October 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Matera is the starting point and Alberobello is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 75 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 August 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Walking in Puglia & Matera, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Matera (Italy)
- 82 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 29 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 8 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 8 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,173 tours in Europe
- covered by 535 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior to the departure date.
- 26,680 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours