- Our saving
- US $ 3,647
- Cycle through Takayama’s countryside
- Visit the Higashi Geisha District
- Hike to Mt. Fuji’s epic summit
- Stroll through Zen gardens in Kyoto
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail
- Rather Poor
- SShaneHallWritten on June 3, 20184.5 - Excellentthe tour giude was the BEST !!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for the kind words - we have passed them on :)
- JosephineWritten on May 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur guide, Takae was fantastic. She was able to show us more if Japan than we would ever been able to see ourselves. Japan is such a special place - old and new, the people are respectful and culture and scenery is stunning.Show detailed ratings
- MSMarkWritten on May 11, 20184.0 - GoodWe saw some fascinating sites with the added funof using the bullet train many times. Takae was an excellent guide, very well organised and efficient. If I had to find fault it would be her command of English which was difficult at times to follow. Perhaps a course in presentation skills would help her. In no way would I want to denigrate her abilities as a sweet and competent guide. We could not have negotiated our travel itinerary so easily without her.Show detailed ratings
- TranWritten on May 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentMiwa was such an excellent tour guide. She was very helpful and friendly yet very professional.Show detailed ratings
- SDStevenWritten on April 30, 20182.5 - AverageAll depends on the CEO ! 15 hours days were the norm ! Yes adding extra bits may sound great back at head office but no joke on the road . A real mystery tour guide,poor English did not help .Very little forward explanation of days events ,just dipping in ones pocket for more temples and sights !Show detailed ratings
- ReneeWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had a wonderful trip to Japan and enjoyed all of the tour destinations. Hirono was our tour guide and "hero" who went above and beyond to make the trip special. I'm glad I did the 14 day tour to see as much as possible.Show detailed ratings
- MMarkKingsbergWritten on April 9, 20181.0 - BadI was very frustratedShow detailed ratings
- MCMariaWritten on March 17, 20184.0 - GoodDiscover Japan was a fantastic tour. Our CEO Hana was amazing. She is so committed and so dedicated to her job of making sure we had the best experience possible. She is so warm, friendly and highly professional.Show detailed ratings
- FergieWritten on January 2, 20183.5 - GoodTrip was great! We had a great guide and we managed to do so much in two weeks.Show detailed ratings
- SSSuzanneWritten on October 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentI’ve never taken a tour before in my 40 years of international travel. So I have no comparison. Our tour was very organized, was led by a cheerful and orderly guide.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo/Kanazawa-shi
- Day 3 Kanazawa-shi
- Day 4 Kanazawa-shi/Takayama
- Day 5 Takayama
- Day 6 Takayama/Hiroshima
- Day 7 Hiroshima
- Day 8 Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 9 Kyoto (1B)
- Days 10-11 Kyoto
- Day 11 Kyoto/Fujikawaguchiko (1B, 1D)
- Day 12 Fujikawaguchiko/Mount Fuji (1B, 1D)
- Day 13 Mount Fuji/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 14 Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
G Adventures does not include airport transfers on this tour, so you will need to make your own way from the airport to the starting hotel in Tokyo, and back to the airport at the end of the tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in Tokyo at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen (or similar), from where you can depart at any time on the last day of the tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is just an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at any time and head to the Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen (or similar)! There is a welcome meeting at 5.30pm on Day 1, which you can join if you have you already arrived in Tokyo and wish to meet your guide and fellow travellers.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
35 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Discover Japan tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdayAug 7, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondayAug 20, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$190USD $4,559Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayAug 28, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Tokyo7 seats left$846$4,599-18%USD $3,753
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Tokyo4 seats left$184USD $4,415
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$184USD $4,415
- TuesdaySep 18, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Tokyo6 seats left$184USD $4,415
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Tokyo5 seats left$184USD $4,415
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$184USD $4,415
- TuesdayOct 16, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Tokyo9 seats left$190USD $4,559
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to TokyoOnly 2 seats left$190USD $4,559
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Tokyo14 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Tokyo5 seats left$1,102$4,749-23%USD $3,647
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 September 2018 the full payment of $3,647 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3647 for Discover Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 478 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 265 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 38 km
- Kawaguchiko (Japan)
- 91 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,647 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,150 tours in Asia
- covered by 238 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Japan