- Our saving
- US $ 3,439
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Cycle through Takayama’s countryside
- Visit the Higashi Geisha District
- Hike to Mt. Fuji’s epic summit
- Stroll through Zen gardens in Kyoto
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- SSSuzanneWritten on October 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentI’ve never taken a tour before in my 40 years of international travel. So I have no comparison. Our tour was very organized, was led by a cheerful and orderly guide.Show detailed ratings
- ESEnriqueWritten on September 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentOur guide Izumi was great. She was extremely well prepared and organized. She took care of all of us admirably.Show detailed ratings
- PAPhilipWritten on May 10, 20174.0 - GoodThe guide, Kozo, was exceptional. His knowledge of the country, culture, and customs made the journey more enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- FCFernandoWritten on December 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip overall was excellent and better than expected. Was able to learn and experience Japanese culture in a way, I would not have traveling alone. Tasted the best Japanese cuisine from every city we visited. Would definitely travel again to Japan. Did not enjoy traveling with our luggage and bags on crowded public trains. G-Adventures should make accommodations of transporting bags during short distances. Would look at other tours that provide that service, before using G-Adventures again.Show detailed ratings
- MichalisWritten on November 22, 20164.0 - GoodThe trip was above my expectations.Show detailed ratings
- BBradWritten on August 30, 20163.5 - GoodGood overview of Japan and its history. Climbing mt. Fuji was great.Show detailed ratings
- GFGeoffWritten on May 6, 20164.0 - GoodThe guide, the itinerary, and the accomodation were outstanding. We were fortunate to visit at the best time of year just before the major annual holiday period.Show detailed ratings
- SNSriniWritten on November 28, 20144.5 - ExcellentGreat way to see Japan. Everything went great! Good group of people. Great guide.The itinerary gave us a good feel for the country with included activities / enough free time to explore on our own. Would certainly do more trips with G.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo/Takayama
- Day 3 Takayama
- Day 4 Takayama/Kanazawa-shi
- Day 5 Kanazawa-shi
- Day 6 Kanazawa-shi/Hiroshima
- Day 7 Hiroshima
- Day 8 Hiroshima/Kyoto
- Day 9 Kyoto
- Days 10-11 Kyoto
- Day 11 Kyoto/Fujikawaguchiko (1D)
- Day 12 Fujikawaguchiko (1B)
- Day 13 Fujikawaguchiko/Tokyo (1B)
- Day 14 Tokyo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Can you arrange a pre/post accommodation?
Unfortunately this tour does not offer pre tour accommodation so you will have to organize an extra night at a hotel on your own.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- February 1, 2017
How many passengers are there on your tours?
This particular tour of Japan is operated by G Adventures, with a maximum group size of 15 passengers and an average of 12.
- November 1, 2016
Can a 75 year old still join this trip?
This tour is rated with a Physical Rating of 3 (Average) by G Adventures -Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
As long as you are fit and ready to travel, G Adventures would love to have you.
30 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their G Adventures Discover Japan tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 18th December 40052 comments"This is gonna be amazing! Booking a hotel 3 nights before hand to do Tokyo "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- MondayNov 6, 2017from TokyoSundayNov 19, 2017in TokyoOur saving$112PriceUSD $4,4994 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- MondayNov 20, 2017from TokyoSundayDec 3, 2017in TokyoOur saving$112PriceUSD $4,4995 spaces left
- MondayDec 4, 2017from TokyoSundayDec 17, 2017in TokyoOur saving$946Price$4,299-20%USD $3,43910+ spaces left
- MondayDec 18, 2017from TokyoSundayDec 31, 2017in TokyoOur saving$107PriceUSD $4,299Only 2 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- TuesdayJan 2, 2018from TokyoMondayJan 15, 2018in TokyoOur saving$762Price$4,449-15%USD $3,7827 spaces left
- TuesdayJan 30, 2018from TokyoMondayFeb 12, 2018in TokyoOur saving$111PriceUSD $4,44910+ spaces left
- TuesdayFeb 27, 2018from TokyoMondayMar 12, 2018in TokyoOur saving$111PriceUSD $4,4497 spaces left
- TuesdayMar 6, 2018from TokyoMondayMar 19, 2018in TokyoOur saving$111PriceUSD $4,44910+ spaces left
- TuesdayMar 13, 2018from TokyoMondayMar 26, 2018in TokyoOur saving$111PriceUSD $4,44910+ spaces left
- SundayMar 18, 2018from TokyoSaturdayMar 31, 2018in TokyoOur saving$111PriceUSD $4,4497 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 December 2017 the full payment of $3,439 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3439 for Discover Japan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 478 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 265 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 38 km
- Kawaguchiko (Japan)
- 91 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,439 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,845 tours in Asia
- covered by 136 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 30 travellers have already met
before they left for Discover Japan tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Japan