- Our saving
- US $ 3,570
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Visit the Ninja Temple and Geisha District in Kanazawa
- Head to Miyajima Island and see the floating torii gate
- Travel through Japan by bullet train and enjoy the views
- Sample traditional Japanese cuisine and local treats
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Train & Rail, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- AMAdamWritten on February 3, 20195.0 - Excellent
Hidesada was a fantastic tour guide. He has a wealth of knowledge about Japan and his English is excellent. He took us to so many interesting places and introduced us to all different types of Japanese food and drink. He is very well organised and the tour... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks for the review Adam.
- AdamWritten on January 1, 20194.5 - Excellent
Guide was highly informative, definitely need to be ready to do lots of walking, and the caution to travel light is necessary as so much is on public trains. Got to see both normal (ie crowded) tourist areas, and some less known areas. Local knowledge of... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAppreciate the balanced and fair review Adam - our world deserves more you!
- SFStephenWritten on November 27, 20184.5 - Excellent
Kamiko was an outstanding guide. She was patient, organized, very knowledgeable and kind. We enjoyed her tour and her company very much.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you Stephen!
- FBFleurWritten on November 13, 20184.0 - Good
Well-planned and executed tour, Japan is a clean, polite and organised country with a few corners of bizarre you have to find for yourself.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this review"...a few corners of bizarre you have to find for yourself." That's some great copywriting right there, love it Fleur. Thank you.
- SCScottWritten on October 3, 20185.0 - Excellent
Kanakoreceives the award for best guided tour ever and I am a flight crew member with 34 years experience. She totally was in charge and available 24/7 for all.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewAMAZING! THanks for the endorsement!
- EREugeneWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - Excellent
Amazing tour; Miwa was such an amazing guide. Great itinerary, great pace. Definitely would recommend.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo good! Thanks for sharing this review, and thanks for choosing to see the world with us.
- SShaneHallWritten on June 3, 20184.5 - Excellent
the tour giude was the BEST !!Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for the kind words - we have passed them on :)
- JosephineWritten on May 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our guide, Takae was fantastic. She was able to show us more if Japan than we would ever been able to see ourselves. Japan is such a special place - old and new, the people are respectful and culture and scenery is stunning.
- MSMarkWritten on May 11, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We saw some fascinating sites with the added funof using the bullet train many times. Takae was an excellent guide, very well organised and efficient. If I had to find fault it would be her command of English which was difficult at times to follow. Perhaps... Read more
- TranWritten on May 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Miwa was such an excellent tour guide. She was very helpful and friendly yet very professional.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Tokyo
- Day 2 Tokyo/Kanazawa-shi
- Day 3 Kanazawa-shi
- Day 4 Kanazawa-shi/Takayama
- Day 5 Takayama
- Day 6 Takayama/Hiroshima-shi
- Day 7 Hiroshima-shi
- Day 8 Hiroshima-shi/Kyoto
- Day 9 Kyoto (1B)
- Days 10-11 Kyoto
- Day 11 Kyoto/Fujikawaguchiko (1B, 1D)
- Day 12 Fujikawaguchiko/Tokyo
- Day 13 Tokyo
- Day 14 Tokyo
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
G Adventures does not include airport transfers on this tour, so you will need to make your own way from the airport to the starting hotel in Tokyo, and back to the airport at the end of the tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends in Tokyo at Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen (or similar), from where you can depart at any time on the last day of the tour.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is just an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at any time and head to the Candeo Hotel Ueno Koen (or similar)! There is a welcome meeting at 5.30pm on Day 1, which you can join if you have you already arrived in Tokyo and wish to meet your guide and fellow travellers.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Travel addict who loves nothing more than sharing that addiction...."
35 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Discover Japan tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 18th December 40053 comments"This is gonna be amazing! Booking a hotel 3 nights before hand to do Tokyo "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Iris19th January 2019
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- FridayMar 8, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysThursdayMar 21, 2019to TokyoOnly 2 seats left$174USD $4,175
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysSaturdayMar 23, 2019to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$174USD $4,175
- FridayMar 15, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysThursdayMar 28, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$174USD $4,175
- SundayMar 17, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysSaturdayMar 30, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$186USD $4,463
- FridayMar 22, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$186USD $4,463
- FridayMar 29, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysThursdayApr 11, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$186USD $4,463
- SundayMar 31, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$192USD $4,607
- FridayApr 5, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysThursdayApr 18, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$192USD $4,607
- SundayApr 7, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$192USD $4,607
- FridayApr 12, 2019from Tokyo14 DaysThursdayApr 25, 2019to TokyoOnly 1 seat left$192USD $4,607
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 April 2019 the full payment of $3,570 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3570 for Discover Japan, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 229 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 478 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 265 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 38 km
- Kawaguchiko (Japan)
- 91 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,570 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,556 tours in Asia
- covered by 541 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 24 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Discover Japan