Costa Rica Quest
- Our saving
- US $ 1,034
- San Jose
- San Jose
- Explore the Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Relax on white-sandy beaches
- Swim, surf and sail in turquoise waters
- View exotic wildlife in national parks
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Private Vehicle
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- ClaireWritten on September 21, 20174.0 - Goodvery good tour, lots of fun with the group and great guide, the accomodations were correct, transportation was ok too. Costa Rica is expensive so plan a good budget for it!Show detailed ratings
- LILiannaWritten on August 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour was well-organised for the transport and accommodation. Wifi worked better on the bus than in the hotels. There were a few included activities and then a vartiety of choices for the optional activities. I especially enjoyed the hot springs evening, white water rafting and ziplining in Monteverde. Manuel Antonio park was optional but is definitely a must see for the wildlife and the beaches/beach hikes. The guide was enthusiastic and had a lot of local knowledge which helped a lot, especially for where to eat and local transport. Only one meal was included for lunch on day 2, but most of the restaurant options were very affordable.Show detailed ratings
- LLLucaWritten on May 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was absolutely amazing!!! It went all perfectly thanks to our Tour Guide Adriana! She was taking care of all the details and give us all the information we needed. Moreover the trip was nice as the fact that was organized but also it gave you the freedom to do whatever you preferred to do. Costa Rica is amazing and i highly recommend this trip. Me and my Girlfriend really enjoyed it.Show detailed ratings
- AVAnnaWritten on April 3, 20174.0 - GoodWe had a great time. Tour was well organised, guide made sure that we were all happy and included as much as we needed to be. A Good balance between adrenaline and nature.Show detailed ratings
- NNickWritten on February 23, 20172.5 - AverageCosta Rica Quest. Good Tour. Nicely designed.Show detailed ratings
- KIKyungWritten on February 21, 20172.5 - AverageThis trip doesn't include most of meals and most of activities. Even the entrance to Manuel Antonio, which was only $16 USD, wasn't included. It made me wonder how it costs us around $1200 per person for the 8 day trip while there were 16 people in the group. They overcharged us for transporation ($10 USD per person to go to a river 15-20 min away from the hotel, 15 people in a van); even local taxis are cheaper than their transportation. Some of hotels they book are motel grade 2-star hotels (online ratings show 3 or 4 stars but their actual quality is much lower) that are old and have issues including poor soundproof (you can hear your next door's conversation and the windows are not fully closed), low water pressure, no hot water, location (far from downtown area and other attractions), etc. Single room costs $100 extra each night which is a lot considering the quality of hotels and price when booked individually. Overall the actual cost for this trip is about three times of the price including the flight, activities and meals. It's hard not to go without those optional activities as there is so much free time but there is not much to do for free.Show detailed ratings
- CaroleWritten on February 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip completely met my expectations. The guide (Chief Experience Officer), Pamela G., was outstanding, with comprehensive knowledge, a great passion for her role, for G Adventures, and for Costa Rica.Show detailed ratings
- SSRWritten on January 29, 20172.0 - Rather poorI had a horrific roomate who snored constantly through the night. I didnt get any sleep the entire trip even though i begged and got angry and then tried sleeping in the lobby or on couches. G adventures didn't care at all that i didnt get any sleep the entire trip but the guide helped a tiny bit by giving me a basement room. The walls were often paper thin in the hotels (monteverde was the worst with bug infestations too) so even if my roomate allowed me to get an hour of sleep while she was at breakfast, the loud traffic sounds/dogs etc kept me awake. I also was the only person in my age group and it was very difficult as there were also lots of couples on our trip who kept to themselves.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewFar from ideal situation there SR. Sorry about the situation, and that we didn't seem to ca
- KKWritten on April 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy friend and I had a blast in Costa Rica! We did everything we wanted to do: explored cloud forests, went waterfall rappelling, visited national parks and saw sloths! We even went white water rafting as the guide specially arranged to do it because he knew it was a special experience! Our trip group was the biggest size allowed (16) but it still felt small and by the end we all knew each other really well; my friend and I had 14 new friends from many different countries!!! I would definitely recommend it to people who want to experience what Costa Rica has to offer!!Show detailed ratings
- JAJohnWritten on April 5, 20164.0 - GoodMy family and I went on the Costa Rica Quest last year and would recommend it to anyone who wishes to see the nature and beauty of Costa Rica. As a group of four adults we had a great time, the guide was great, informative and truly cared loved his country and wanted us to thoroughly enjoy the experience. I did things I thought I would never do such as zip lining and swinging through the jungle. We had no complaints about any of the lodgings, the options available for side trips, outdoor activities or dining, to put in simple terms, we had a great time and are thinking of another G Adventure. My wife and I are not the type to sit by a pool all day, and even though we did not know what to expect, we enjoyed everything and had a great time.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 San José
- Day 2 San José/La Fortuna (1L)
- Day 3 La Fortuna
- Day 4 La Fortuna/Monteverde
- Day 5 Monteverde
- Day 6 Monteverde/Quepos
- Day 7 Quepos
- Day 8 Quepos/San José
- Day 9 San José
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Costa Rica
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
What is the age range on this tour?
There is a complete mix of ages of passengers from 18 to 60's.
- December 1, 2016
Is the departure for this tour guaranteed?
G Adventures guarantees all their departures.
- November 1, 2016
Do I have to pay in full to book a trip or can I pay in installments?
This tour will need to be paid in full at the time of booking. Unfortunately our system is set up to take the balance on the designated due date and our finance team will not allow us to charge in smaller increments.
72 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their G Adventures Costa Rica Quest tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 28th October 20171 comment"I am going to book this tour. Anyone else going?"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
Costa Rica Quest
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayOct 28, 2017from San JoseSundayNov 5, 2017in San JoseOur saving$29PriceUSD $1,1490 spaces left
- SundayNov 5, 2017from San JoseMondayNov 13, 2017in San JoseOur saving$29PriceUSD $1,149Only 1 space left
- FridayNov 10, 2017from San JoseSaturdayNov 18, 2017in San JoseOur saving$29PriceUSD $1,149Only 2 spaces left
- SundayNov 12, 2017from San JoseMondayNov 20, 2017in San JoseOur saving$141Price$1,149-10%USD $1,0346 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from San JoseSundayNov 26, 2017in San JoseOur saving$30PriceUSD $1,1990 spaces left
- TuesdayNov 21, 2017from San JoseWednesdayNov 29, 2017in San JoseOur saving$30PriceUSD $1,1990 spaces left
- SundayNov 26, 2017from San JoseMondayDec 4, 2017in San JoseOur saving$30PriceUSD $1,1990 spaces left
- SaturdayDec 2, 2017from San JoseSundayDec 10, 2017in San JoseOur saving$30PriceUSD $1,1994 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 7, 2017from San JoseFridayDec 15, 2017in San JoseOur saving$30PriceUSD $1,1996 spaces left
- SaturdayDec 9, 2017from San JoseSundayDec 17, 2017in San JoseOur saving$30PriceUSD $1,1996 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Costa Rica. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in San Jose.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2017 the full payment of $1,034 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1034 for Costa Rica Quest, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- San Jose (Costa Rica)
- 86 km
- La Fortuna (Costa Rica)
- 5 km
- Volcan Arenal (Costa Rica)
- 26 km
- Monteverde (Costa Rica)
- 119 km
- Quepos (Costa Rica)
- 3 km
- Manuel Antonio (Costa Rica)
- 58 km
- San Jose (Costa Rica)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,034 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,860 tours in Latin America
- covered by 83 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 72 travellers have already met
before they left for Costa Rica Quest tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Costa Rica Quest