New Zealand–South Island Encompassed
- Our saving
- US $ 1,839
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Go hiking, kayaking, cycling and bungee jumping!
- See rainforests, glaciers and coastlines
- Stay in a floating boat hostel
- Experience a wilderness hostel deep in the rainforest
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- DDainRowleyWritten on March 6, 20194.0 - Good
The itinerary was very good always busy but I would of liked an extra day in kaikora and maybe a bit more time in Christchurch. The bus ride was very comfy and always entertaining it just got bit to hot sometimes. All the hostels was very good unfortunately... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy to hear - thank you Dain.
- KrisztinaWritten on February 28, 20195.0 - Excellent
Worth the price, great itinerary, Summer was an excellent guide. Breakfast could have been a bit more "colourful", but still did it. Regrettably weather is out of anyone's hand, but Summer made sure, that we have alternative options and activities. Would... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Krisztina.
- JulieWritten on February 27, 20194.0 - Good
Great trip, highly recommend as a fun way to see the South Island.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Julie.
- JCJolienWritten on February 4, 20195.0 - Excellent
Great tour to experience 2 weeks of the highlights of the South islandShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks for sharing Jolien.
- CCailin HWritten on October 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This is my second trip with G and it did not disappoint. It's well organised and well pacedReview collected by G Adventures
- SStaci GWritten on October 21, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Everything was amazing!Review collected by G Adventures
- MMaraike KWritten on October 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Because it doesn't matter if you are a single traveller or not. Either or you meet great people and make friends all over the world! And you get to see another countryReview collected by G Adventures
- MMelissa DWritten on October 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Overall was an amazing experience, saw so many beautiful places and met incredible peopleReview collected by G Adventures
- MMadeline BWritten on September 7, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was awesome and the bus driver made the experience 10x better. Recommend to everyone.Review collected by G Adventures
- GGeoffrey CWritten on September 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
great tours, but getting sick of bunk bedsReview collected by G Adventures
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Wellington
- Day 2 Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Abel Tasman National Park (1B)
- Day 4 Abel Tasman National Park/Westport (1B, 1D)
- Day 5 Westport/Franz Josef (1B, 1D)
- Day 6 Franz Josef (1B)
- Day 7 Franz Josef/Queenstown (1B)
- Days 8-9 Queenstown
- Day 10 Queenstown/Te Anau (1B, 1L)
- Day 11 Te Anau/Central Otago (1B, 1D)
- Day 12 Central Otago (1B)
- Day 13 Wedderburn/Christchurch (1B)
- Day 14 Christchurch/Kaikoura (1B)
- Day 15 Kaikoura/Wellington (1B)
- Day 16 Wellington (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many people are in the group?
This is a small group tour so there is a Max 20 passengers and an average of 16.
Is this a good trip for a 28 year old solo female?
This is a great trip with G Adventures! They run amazing trips that are very popular with solo travellers. Solo travellers would be automatically paired up with another solo traveller of the same gender, or they have the option to pay a single supplement and have their own accommodations.
Do you stick to your 18-39 age requirements for your trips?
The trip will have a mix of ages with a range of solo travellers, friends and couples travelling together, however G Adventures trips are very popular with solo travellers which make up about 50% of their travellers.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ann10th August 2018
New Zealand–South Island Encompassed
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- ThursdayMar 28, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayApr 12, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$96USD $2,399Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayApr 1, 2019from Wellington16 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to Wellington7 seats left$96USD $2,399
- ThursdayApr 4, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to Wellington6 seats left$96USD $2,399
- ThursdayApr 11, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to WellingtonOnly 3 seats left$96USD $2,399Book Now Hold my
- ThursdayApr 18, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayMay 3, 2019to Wellington7 seats left$96USD $2,399
- ThursdayApr 25, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$557$2,399-20%USD $1,919
- ThursdayMay 2, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayMay 17, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$533$2,299-20%USD $1,839
- ThursdayMay 9, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayMay 24, 2019to Wellington9 seats left$92USD $2,299
- ThursdayMay 16, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayMay 31, 2019to Wellington7 seats left$92USD $2,299
- ThursdayMay 30, 2019from Wellington16 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$92USD $2,299
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Wellington.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 May 2019 the full payment of $1,839 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1839 for New Zealand–South Island Encompassed, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 156 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 189 km
- Punakaiki (New Zealand)
- 168 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 135 km
- Doubtful Sound (New Zealand)
- 491 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 154 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,839 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,291 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 82 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on New Zealand–South Island Encompassed