New Zealand–South Island Encompassed
- Our saving
- US $ 2,124
- Go hiking, kayaking, cycling and bungee jumping!
- See rainforests, glaciers and coastlines
- Stay in a floating boat hostel
- Experience a wilderness hostel deep in the rainforest
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Bicycle, Boat, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- MMMichaelWritten on December 20, 20155.0 - ExcellentNew Zealand is even more stunning than expected. Every day on this trip took us to entirely different landscapes, from stunning cliffs and rivers, to beaches and ocean views, to rainforests and open farmland, it has everything. It really does feel like you've stepped in Middle Earth. Our G Adventures guides (Auto and Lucy, normally just 1 guide on the tours though!) were brilliant and looked after absolutely everything for us. They knew all the best local spots for drinks and food, and helped each individual member arrange EXACTLY the activities they wanted to do (No easy feat, the list of options in Queenstown alone is crazy!). You can do just about anything you imagine here; I went white water rafting, flying a plane, swimming in the ocean with 200 wild dolphins, quad biking and more. If you want to jump out of a plane or off a bridge, that's obviously an option too, enjoy! ;) Couldn't recommend the tour higher!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Wellington
- Day 2 Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Abel Tasman National Park (1B)
- Day 4 Abel Tasman National Park/Westport (1B, 1D)
- Day 5 Westport/Franz Josef (1B, 1D)
- Day 6 Franz Josef (1B)
- Day 7 Franz Josef/Queenstown (1B)
- Days 8-9 Queenstown
- Day 10 Queenstown/Doubtful Sound (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 11 Doubtful Sound/Wedderburn (1B, 1D)
- Day 12 Wedderburn (1B)
- Day 13 Wedderburn/Christchurch (1B)
- Day 14 Christchurch/Kaikoura (1B)
- Day 15 Kaikoura/Wellington (1B)
- Day 16 Wellington (1B)
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
How many people are in the group?
This is a small group tour so there is a Max 20 passengers and an average of 16.
- August 31, 2016
I am very interested in giving this trip to my 28 year old daughter. She wants to visit New Zealand. She will be traveling solo. Is this a good trip for a 28 year old solo female? Is there anyway to know who else will be going on the trip?
This is a great trip with G Adventures! They run amazing trips that are very popular with solo travellers - I would say it's the perfect kind of trip for your daughter. Solo travellers would be automatically paired up with another solo traveller of the same gender, or they have the option to pay a single supplement and have their own accommodations.
The trip will have a mix of ages with a range of solo travellers, friends and couples travelling together, however G Adventures trips are very popular with solo travellers which make up about 50% of their travellers.
- August 1, 2016
Is this a good trip for a 28 year old solo female?
This is a great trip with G Adventures! They run amazing trips that are very popular with solo travellers. Solo travellers would be automatically paired up with another solo traveller of the same gender, or they have the option to pay a single supplement and have their own accommodations.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
New Zealand–South Island Encompassed
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- MondayNov 27, 2017from WellingtonTuesdayDec 12, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,4490 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 30, 2017from WellingtonFridayDec 15, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$61PriceUSD $2,4490 spaces left
- MondayDec 4, 2017from WellingtonTuesdayDec 19, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,5490 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 7, 2017from WellingtonFridayDec 22, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,5496 spaces left
- MondayDec 11, 2017from WellingtonTuesdayDec 26, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,5499 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 14, 2017from WellingtonFridayDec 29, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,5495 spaces left
- MondayDec 18, 2017from WellingtonTuesdayJan 2, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,549Only 1 space leftBook Now Hold my
- ThursdayDec 21, 2017from WellingtonFridayJan 5, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,549Only 1 space leftBook Now Hold my
- MondayDec 25, 2017from WellingtonTuesdayJan 9, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,5497 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 28, 2017from WellingtonFridayJan 12, 2018in WellingtonOur saving$64PriceUSD $2,5490 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Wellington.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 January 2018 the full payment of $2,124 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2124 for New Zealand–South Island Encompassed, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 156 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 189 km
- Punakaiki (New Zealand)
- 168 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 135 km
- Doubtful Sound (New Zealand)
- 491 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 154 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,124 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 864 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 52 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 14 travellers have already met
before they left for New Zealand–South Island Encompassed tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on New Zealand–South Island Encompassed