New Zealand–South Island Encompassed
- Our saving
- US $ 1,749
- Go hiking, kayaking, cycling and bungee jumping!
- See rainforests, glaciers and coastlines
- Stay in a floating boat hostel
- Experience a wilderness hostel deep in the rainforest
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Bicycle, Boat, Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- JJamesWritten on June 21, 20183.5 - Good
Overall I really enjoyed this tour, but i'm left wondering how much that was to do with the tour and thinking it was more to do with the country itself, it's stunning! The accommodations provided were mostly good (The floating boat in Abel Tasman, Nomads... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the honest feedback here. Appreciate it and the time taken. Agreed - the Wedderburn bike ride is fantastic. Recommend to all!
- AWAlexanderWritten on February 24, 20183.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip was excellent. Some of the accommodations were absolute shite. Specifically Nomads in Wellington. It was terrible. However, other accommodations were excellent. The boat, the jail house and the Wederburn accommodations stood out as being great fun.... Read more
- MichaelWritten on December 20, 20155.0 - Excellent
New Zealand is even more stunning than expected. Every day on this trip took us to entirely different landscapes, from stunning cliffs and rivers, to beaches and ocean views, to rainforests and open farmland, it has everything. It really does feel like... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Wellington
- Day 2 Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Abel Tasman National Park (1B)
- Day 4 Abel Tasman National Park/Westport (1B, 1D)
- Day 5 Westport/Franz Josef (1B, 1D)
- Day 6 Franz Josef (1B)
- Day 7 Franz Josef/Queenstown (1B)
- Days 8-9 Queenstown
- Day 10 Queenstown/Te Anau (1B, 1L)
- Day 11 Te Anau/Central Otago (1B, 1D)
- Day 12 Central Otago (1B)
- Day 13 Wedderburn/Christchurch (1B)
- Day 14 Christchurch/Kaikoura (1B)
- Day 15 Kaikoura/Wellington (1B)
- Day 16 Wellington (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many people are in the group?
This is a small group tour so there is a Max 20 passengers and an average of 16.
Is this a good trip for a 28 year old solo female?
This is a great trip with G Adventures! They run amazing trips that are very popular with solo travellers. Solo travellers would be automatically paired up with another solo traveller of the same gender, or they have the option to pay a single supplement and have their own accommodations.
Do you stick to your 18-39 age requirements for your trips?
The trip will have a mix of ages with a range of solo travellers, friends and couples travelling together, however G Adventures trips are very popular with solo travellers which make up about 50% of their travellers.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ivy30th July 2018
New Zealand–South Island Encompassed
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- MondayNov 26, 2018from Wellington16 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to Wellington0 seats left$120USD $2,399
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Wellington16 DaysFridayDec 14, 2018to Wellington7 seats left$120USD $2,399
- MondayDec 3, 2018from Wellington16 DaysTuesdayDec 18, 2018to WellingtonOnly 2 seats left$125USD $2,499
- ThursdayDec 6, 2018from Wellington16 DaysFridayDec 21, 2018to Wellington5 seats left$125USD $2,499
- MondayDec 10, 2018from Wellington16 DaysTuesdayDec 25, 2018to Wellington9 seats left$600$2,499-20%USD $1,999
- ThursdayDec 13, 2018from Wellington16 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to WellingtonOnly 2 seats left$125USD $2,499Book Now Hold my
- MondayDec 17, 2018from Wellington16 DaysTuesdayJan 1, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$125USD $2,499
- ThursdayDec 20, 2018from Wellington16 DaysFridayJan 4, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$125USD $2,499
- MondayDec 24, 2018from Wellington16 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$125USD $2,499
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Wellington16 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Wellington0 seats left$125USD $2,499
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Wellington.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 January 2019 the full payment of $1,749 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1749 for New Zealand–South Island Encompassed, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 156 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 189 km
- Punakaiki (New Zealand)
- 168 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 135 km
- Doubtful Sound (New Zealand)
- 491 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 154 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,749 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,051 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 75 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on New Zealand–South Island Encompassed