New Zealand: South Island Encompassed
- Tour Operator:
- G Adventures
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 39
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Milford Sound
- Te Anau
- Go hiking, kayaking, cycling and bungee jumping!
- See rainforests, glaciers and coastlines
- Stay in a floating boat hostel
- Experience a wilderness hostel deep in the rainforest
- Day 1 Wellington
- Day 2 Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park (1B, 1D)
- Day 3 Abel Tasman National Park (1B)
- Day 4 Abel Tasman National Park/Westport (1B, 1D)
- Day 5 Westport/Franz Josef (1B, 1D)
- Day 6 Franz Josef (1B)
- Day 7 Franz Josef/Queenstown (1B)
- Day 8 Queenstown (1B)
- Day 9 Milford Sound Day Trip/Queenstown (1B)
- Day 10 Queenstown (1B)
- Day 11 Queenstown to Tekapo (1B, 1D)
- Day 12 Tekapo (1B)
- Day 13 Tekapo to Christchurch (1B)
- Day 14 Christchurch/Kaikoura (1B)
- Day 15 Kaikoura/Wellington (1B)
- Day 16 Wellington (1B)
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by G Adventures
G Adventures gives you the opportunity to explore interesting and unusual places at a great price. The G Adventures reviews show high ratings from satisfied customers for all aspects of the trip, so you can be assured that you will be in good hands. If you have any questions at any time during your trip, 24 hour support is offered, so there will always be someone to answer your queries. There are various styles of trip on offer to cater for different tastes, along with a wide range of destinations and departure dates. If you look at the G Adventures reviews you will see that you can travel far and wide, with enthusiastic and helpful guides to assist you during your trip.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Pavla· May 30th, 2020ZERO stars if i could. I have booked a trip with this company as i met some people in Central America seemingly enjoying their time. Wow - how things changed fast with COVID. After i find out our country closes borders i immediately contacted... Show moreTrip date: March 2020
- RDRebecca· January 19th, 2020Breathtaking sights, great people and a well put together tour. I felt like I saw the best of what the South has to offer. Although it’s an amazing area of the world, I’m sure I’ll be back one day. I met some lovely people. CEO Robyn was an amazing... Show moreTrip date: December 2019
- GMGrace· December 15th, 2019Great people and scenery, plenty of options to either do activities or just hang out!Trip date: November 2019
- MMMarina· July 30th, 2019Fantastic trip with a great group and an outstanding leader, who kept us entertained throughout the trip! Everything was planned and detailed for you. Any queries, you could just ask.G Adventures commented on this reviewThank you Marina.Trip date: June 2019
- DDainRowley· March 6th, 2019The itinerary was very good always busy but I would of liked an extra day in kaikora and maybe a bit more time in Christchurch. The bus ride was very comfy and always entertaining it just got bit to hot sometimes. All the hostels was very good... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy to hear - thank you Dain.Trip date: February 2019
- Krisztina· February 28th, 2019Worth the price, great itinerary, Summer was an excellent guide. Breakfast could have been a bit more "colourful", but still did it. Regrettably weather is out of anyone's hand, but Summer made sure, that we have alternative options and activities.... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Krisztina.Trip date: November 2018
- Julie· February 27th, 2019Great trip, highly recommend as a fun way to see the South Island.G Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Julie.Trip date: February 2019
- JCJolien· February 4th, 2019Great tour to experience 2 weeks of the highlights of the South islandG Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks for sharing Jolien.Trip date: December 2018
- ACailin H· October 28th, 2018This is my second trip with G and it did not disappoint. It's well organised and well pacedTrip date: October 2018Review collected by G Adventures
- AStaci G· October 21st, 2018Everything was amazing!Trip date: October 2018Review collected by G Adventures
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday22 Jun, 2023Friday7 Jul, 2023English$2,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday13 Jul, 2023Friday28 Jul, 2023English$2,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday20 Jul, 2023Friday4 Aug, 2023English$2,399Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday3 Aug, 2023Friday18 Aug, 2023English$2,399Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday17 Aug, 2023Friday1 Sep, 2023English$2,3990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- -25%Get Instant ConfirmationThursday31 Aug, 2023Friday15 Sep, 2023English$2,399$1,7990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- -25%Get Instant ConfirmationThursday7 Sep, 2023Friday22 Sep, 2023English$2,399$1,7990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- -25%Get Instant ConfirmationThursday21 Sep, 2023Friday6 Oct, 2023English$2,399$1,7990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday28 Sep, 2023Friday13 Oct, 2023English$2,3990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday5 Oct, 2023Friday20 Oct, 2023English$2,8490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many people are in the group?
This is a small group tour so there is a Max 20 passengers and an average of 16.
- Is this a good trip for a 28 year old solo female?
This is a great trip with G Adventures! They run amazing trips that are very popular with solo travellers. Solo travellers would be automatically paired up with another solo traveller of the same gender, or they have the option to pay a single supplement and have their own accommodations.
- Do you stick to your 18-39 age requirements for your trips?
The trip will have a mix of ages with a range of solo travellers, friends and couples travelling together, however G Adventures trips are very popular with solo travellers which make up about 50% of their travellers.
- Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
- Do you have any advice regarding with luggage?
In general we always advise a big backpack and a small one, so that you leave the big one at the hotel and carry only the small on during the day.
Good to Know
- New Zealand DollarNew Zealand
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type I.
- Type INew Zealand
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 19th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 19th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 45 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and G Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "G Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring New Zealand
- New Zealand Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 2 Week New Zealand Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- Best Explorer Tours and Trips 2023/2024
- New Zealand from Wellington
- New zealand Explorer
- 16 days New zealand
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- New Zealand: South Island Encompassed Tours in New Zealand
- Explorer Tours
- New Zealand South Island Tours
- New Zealand Tours
- Australia/Oceania Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- New Zealand South Island
- New Zealand tours