European Horizon (10 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,290
- Sip on some local German beer
- Go on a white-water rafting adventure
- Cruise Venice's legendary canals
- Discover the stunning Swiss Alps
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse, Chalet
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- JBJasmineWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentWonderful people, very high intensity tour, trip guide Amy and driver Scottie looked after us very well!Show detailed ratings
- MBMitchWritten on July 27, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip exceeded my expectations ten fold, largely due to Anne-Elyse our trip manager. AE was a fun, bubbly trip mananger who you could share jokes and banter with and made everything brilliant. This was also made possible by our bus driver Barry. Her knowledge of everywhere we went was very insightful. Contiki as a whole made my trip to Europe something I'll treasure for the rest of my life. I would recommend it to anyone, and if I could, for my next contiki I would choose AE everytime. xoShow detailed ratings
- JTjordanaWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy contiki experience was incredible and it's all because of analyse. We had a high paced and extreamly intense contiki and she was the one who kept us motivated and excited for all the adventures we were about to embark on.Show detailed ratings
- AEAmaniWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentBest trip, Anne-Elise was the best tour guide I could've asked for. She was knowledgable, caring, and honestly is the reason I made the most out of my time on contiki! If I was to do contiki again I would hope for her as a tour leader every time.Show detailed ratings
- TBTaylorWritten on May 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentBoth Romeo and Tiago (Tour Manager and Tour Driver) were perfect. Could not have had a better experience with them. The excursions offered were very ideal and enjoyable. The accommodations got better as the trip went on. First night in Amsterdam was by far the worst accommodations with several people on the trip dealing with bed bugs. Thankfully that was not one of us and we found the accommodations to be decent for the price. The breakfasts could have been better as we had 30min to eat, most of which was spent in a line or waiting for food to be refilled. Overall a great trip and great experience.Show detailed ratings
- JSJessWritten on May 11, 20174.0 - GoodFun, informative, helpful and approachable. I did a 7 day 7 countries Europe tour in 2015 and it was one of the best trips I've done and Tammy definitely helped it be that. I'd recommend going with Tammy and would go again :)Show detailed ratings
- TTashaWritten on May 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentHi recently got back from a Contiki Horizon trip that was guided by Sian, and as if the trip wasn't already good enough .. she made it whar it was! Epic! She is full of local knowledge and no question is too much for her! She is perfect for the roll she does xShow detailed ratings
- MCmattWritten on May 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentDid the european horizon tour with Sian as our tour guide.... great tour with an even better group. Sian was nothing short of fantastic. Excellent knowledge and info on the places we visited, always smiling and happy to help. Sian went above and beyond often up until early morning helping out and organising.... top tour guide and person would defs travel againShow detailed ratings
- JPJamieWritten on May 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentMost amazing experience of my life! Sian taught me so much about every place we visited. I was not expecting to learn so much. Sian made sure everything was taken care of. We all got to relax, enjoy ourselves and take everything in. Highly recommend Sian and would travel with her again in a minute!!Show detailed ratings
- POPatWritten on May 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentSian was very knowledgeable and passionate about every where we went. She also went out of her way to find out the answer to any question if she didnt know it off the top of her head. The trip was very fast paced and full on. Sian managed the trip very professionally and i would be pleased to travel with her again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley
- Day 3: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 4: Munich to Austrian Tyrol
- Day 5: Austrian Tyrol to Venice
- Day 6: Venice to Swiss Alps
- Day 7: Swiss Alps
- Day 8: Swiss Alps to Paris
- Day 9: Paris
- Day 10: Depart Paris
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Hight Energy: culture packed days & party filled nights with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer
- Contiki High Energy
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 6, 2018
Are flights included?
International flights to and from the tour are not included in the tour cost and this is something you will need to organise separately to the tour. As we are tour specialists we are unable to quote or book flights on your behalf, however, we do recommend following the below link which is powered by Skyscanner, where you can book and price your own flights- https://flights.tourradar.com/en-GB/flights
Please note we do not recommend booking flights until your tour is confirmed and guaranteed to depart.
- April 6, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions and extras for this tour are:
Wine tasting. Price EUR 9
Mike's Bike Tour. Price EUR 21
Tandem Paragliding. Price EUR 128
White water rafting. Price EUR 45
Secrets of Venice walking tour. Price EUR 11
Gondola ride. Price EUR 23
Venice Group Photo. Price EUR 11
Jungfrau Mountain. Price EUR 149
Paris Dinner. Price EUR 36
Nouvelle Eve cabaret show. Price EUR 81
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- July 19, 2016
How many travellers can be expected on this tour?
On this Contiki European tour you can expect up to 52 travellers on the trip.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Safari guide, ski guide and now tour guide, my passion is people and travel. "
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
- "Hippy poet turned European tour guide. 24/7 bubble of energy guaranteed!!"
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Hi I am Chloe. I packed my suitcase two years ago to lead a life on the road and two years later here..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
- "Australian working as a tour guide around Europe for the love of the people, food, music and art it shows..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
European Horizon (10 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from London11 DaysFridayMay 11, 2018to London0 seats left$64USD $1,531+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from London11 DaysFridayMay 11, 2018to Paris0 seats left$64USD $1,531+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- FridayMay 11, 2018from London11 DaysMondayMay 21, 2018to London0 seats left$64USD $1,531+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- FridayMay 11, 2018from London11 DaysMondayMay 21, 2018to Paris0 seats left$64USD $1,531+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- WednesdayMay 16, 2018from London11 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to London9 seats left$65USD $1,564+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- WednesdayMay 16, 2018from London11 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Paris9 seats left$65USD $1,564+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from London11 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to London10+ seats left$65USD $1,564+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from London11 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$65USD $1,564+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- FridayJun 1, 2018from London11 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to London10+ seats left$300$1,629-18%USD $1,330+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- FridayJun 1, 2018from London11 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$300$1,629-18%USD $1,330+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 June 2018 the full payment of $1,290 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1290 for European Horizon (10 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 283 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 315 km
- St Goar (Germany)
- 360 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 356 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 59 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 8 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 494 km
- Paris (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,290 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,680 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 97 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Horizon (10 Days)