European Horizon (10 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 915
- Sip on some local German beer
- Go on a white-water rafting adventure
- Cruise Venice's legendary canals
- Discover the stunning Swiss Alps
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse, Chalet
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- AAmeliaLoeraWritten on September 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Megan was so charming! She has a great sense of humor and made the trip super interesting, she even made special playlists that kept us singing!!!
- SamWritten on September 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We couldn't have got a better tour leader! No tour will ever be as good as one with Megs at the helm. She has so much good energy. Extremely knowledgeable and really fun to be around. Count yourself lucky to be on tour with Megs!
- CSCaseyWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Megs is one of the best tour guides there are. She is very knowledgeable about wherever she is touring and is always full of energy. She made an awesome trip in 2015 to Scotland, even better with vibrancy, zeal for life, and knowledge of where we were and... Read more
- SamWritten on September 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Overall excellent experience
- AAnonymousWritten on September 4, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
One of the most amazing experience with the most amazing bunch of people!
- OOliveReisWritten on July 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My first ever tour, bit nervous at the beginning until I met Trent. Felt very relaxed, safe and entertained. It was an enjoyable trip and did not want it to end. Hope whenever I decide to do another trip Trent will be my guide. Thanks Trent for a great... Read more
- DanelleWritten on May 4, 20182.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
The tour was absolutely not value for money. I paid to spend my trip on a bus for more than 5 hours a day and to pass by famous sites. Would not recommend this to people who would prefer to explore the countries for more than three hours. Will never use... Read more
- JBJasmineWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Wonderful people, very high intensity tour, trip guide Amy and driver Scottie looked after us very well!
- MBMitchWritten on July 27, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip exceeded my expectations ten fold, largely due to Anne-Elyse our trip manager. AE was a fun, bubbly trip mananger who you could share jokes and banter with and made everything brilliant. This was also made possible by our bus driver Barry. Her... Read more
- JTjordanaWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My contiki experience was incredible and it's all because of analyse. We had a high paced and extreamly intense contiki and she was the one who kept us motivated and excited for all the adventures we were about to embark on.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley
- Day 3: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 4: Munich to Austrian Tyrol
- Day 5: Austrian Tyrol to Venice
- Day 6: Venice to Swiss Alps via Lucerne
- Day 7: Swiss Alps
- Day 8: Swiss Alps to Paris
- Day 9: Paris
- Day 10: Paris to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Iconic Essentials
- European Horizon
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of this tour, breakfast is included, followed by three options on how to end your tour:
- End in Paris after breakfast and do your own thing
- End in Paris and catch the included transfer to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (estimated arrival 10:00 am)
- Take the complimentary transfer to central London and end your tour around 6:30 pm
Are flights included?
International flights to and from the tour are not included in the tour cost and this is something you will need to organise separately to the tour. As we are tour specialists we are unable to quote or book flights on your behalf, however, we do recommend following the below link which is powered by Skyscanner, where you can book and price your own flights- https://flights.tourradar.com/en-GB/flights
Please note we do not recommend booking flights until your tour is confirmed and guaranteed to depart.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions and extras for this tour are:
Wine tasting. Price EUR 9
Mike's Bike Tour. Price EUR 21
Tandem Paragliding. Price EUR 128
White water rafting. Price EUR 45
Secrets of Venice walking tour. Price EUR 11
Gondola ride. Price EUR 23
Venice Group Photo. Price EUR 11
Jungfrau Mountain. Price EUR 149
Paris Dinner. Price EUR 36
Nouvelle Eve cabaret show. Price EUR 81
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Safari guide, ski guide and now tour guide, my passion is people and travel. "
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
- "Hippy poet turned European tour guide. 24/7 bubble of energy guaranteed!!"
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Hi I am Chloe. I packed my suitcase two years ago to lead a life on the road and two years later here..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
- "Australian working as a tour guide around Europe for the love of the people, food, music and art it shows..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
European Horizon (10 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- FridayApr 5, 2019from London11 DaysMondayApr 15, 2019to London9 seats left$300$1,629-15%USD $1,385+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- TuesdayApr 16, 2019from London11 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to London9 seats left$300$1,629-15%USD $1,385+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from London11 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to London10+ seats left$305$1,655-15%USD $1,407+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- FridayMay 10, 2019from London11 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$305$1,655-15%USD $1,407+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- WednesdayMay 15, 2019from London11 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to London10+ seats left$309$1,679-15%USD $1,427+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- MondayMay 27, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayJun 6, 2019to London10+ seats left$309$1,679-15%USD $1,427+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- MondayJun 3, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayJun 13, 2019to London8 seats left$309$1,679-15%USD $1,427+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- MondayJun 10, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayJun 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$309$1,679-15%USD $1,427+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- WednesdayJun 19, 2019from London11 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to London9 seats left$332$1,805-15%USD $1,534+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
- SundayJun 23, 2019from London11 DaysWednesdayJul 3, 2019to London10+ seats left$332$1,805-15%USD $1,534+ $230 Food Fund European Horizon
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Austria , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 January 2019 the full payment of $915 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $915 for European Horizon (10 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 283 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 669 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 98 km
- Tyrol (Austria)
- 209 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 356 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 61 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 494 km
- Paris (France)
- 263 km
- Dover (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $915 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,052 tours in Europe
- covered by 312 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 103 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Horizon (10 Days)