European Horizon (10 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,281
- Sip on some local German beer
- Go on a white-water rafting adventure
- Cruise Venice's legendary canals
- Discover the stunning Swiss Alps
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse, Chalet
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- OOliveReisWritten on July 27, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy first ever tour, bit nervous at the beginning until I met Trent. Felt very relaxed, safe and entertained. It was an enjoyable trip and did not want it to end. Hope whenever I decide to do another trip Trent will be my guide. Thanks Trent for a great first time:)Show detailed ratings
- DanelleWritten on May 4, 20182.0 - Rather poorThe tour was absolutely not value for money. I paid to spend my trip on a bus for more than 5 hours a day and to pass by famous sites. Would not recommend this to people who would prefer to explore the countries for more than three hours. Will never use Contiki again :)Show detailed ratings
- JBJasmineWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentWonderful people, very high intensity tour, trip guide Amy and driver Scottie looked after us very well!Show detailed ratings
- MBMitchWritten on July 27, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip exceeded my expectations ten fold, largely due to Anne-Elyse our trip manager. AE was a fun, bubbly trip mananger who you could share jokes and banter with and made everything brilliant. This was also made possible by our bus driver Barry. Her knowledge of everywhere we went was very insightful. Contiki as a whole made my trip to Europe something I'll treasure for the rest of my life. I would recommend it to anyone, and if I could, for my next contiki I would choose AE everytime. xoShow detailed ratings
- JTjordanaWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy contiki experience was incredible and it's all because of analyse. We had a high paced and extreamly intense contiki and she was the one who kept us motivated and excited for all the adventures we were about to embark on.Show detailed ratings
- AEAmaniWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentBest trip, Anne-Elise was the best tour guide I could've asked for. She was knowledgable, caring, and honestly is the reason I made the most out of my time on contiki! If I was to do contiki again I would hope for her as a tour leader every time.Show detailed ratings
- TBTaylorWritten on May 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentBoth Romeo and Tiago (Tour Manager and Tour Driver) were perfect. Could not have had a better experience with them. The excursions offered were very ideal and enjoyable. The accommodations got better as the trip went on. First night in Amsterdam was by far the worst accommodations with several people on the trip dealing with bed bugs. Thankfully that was not one of us and we found the accommodations to be decent for the price. The breakfasts could have been better as we had 30min to eat, most of which was spent in a line or waiting for food to be refilled. Overall a great trip and great experience.Show detailed ratings
- JSJessWritten on May 11, 20174.0 - GoodFun, informative, helpful and approachable. I did a 7 day 7 countries Europe tour in 2015 and it was one of the best trips I've done and Tammy definitely helped it be that. I'd recommend going with Tammy and would go again :)Show detailed ratings
- TTashaWritten on May 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentHi recently got back from a Contiki Horizon trip that was guided by Sian, and as if the trip wasn't already good enough .. she made it whar it was! Epic! She is full of local knowledge and no question is too much for her! She is perfect for the roll she does xShow detailed ratings
- MCmattWritten on May 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentDid the european horizon tour with Sian as our tour guide.... great tour with an even better group. Sian was nothing short of fantastic. Excellent knowledge and info on the places we visited, always smiling and happy to help. Sian went above and beyond often up until early morning helping out and organising.... top tour guide and person would defs travel againShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley
- Day 3: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 4: Munich to Austrian Tyrol
- Day 5: Austrian Tyrol to Venice
- Day 6: Venice to Swiss Alps via Lucerne
- Day 7: Swiss Alps
- Day 8: Swiss Alps to Paris
- Day 9: Paris
- Day 10: Paris to London
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- High Energy: culture packed days & party filled nights with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
- Contiki High Energy Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
On the last day of this tour, breakfast is included, followed by three options on how to end your tour:
- End in Paris after breakfast and do your own thing
- End in Paris and catch the included transfer to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (estimated arrival 10:00 am)
- Take the complimentary transfer to central London and end your tour around 6:30 pm
Are flights included?
International flights to and from the tour are not included in the tour cost and this is something you will need to organise separately to the tour. As we are tour specialists we are unable to quote or book flights on your behalf, however, we do recommend following the below link which is powered by Skyscanner, where you can book and price your own flights- https://flights.tourradar.com/en-GB/flights
Please note we do not recommend booking flights until your tour is confirmed and guaranteed to depart.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions and extras for this tour are:
Wine tasting. Price EUR 9
Mike's Bike Tour. Price EUR 21
Tandem Paragliding. Price EUR 128
White water rafting. Price EUR 45
Secrets of Venice walking tour. Price EUR 11
Gondola ride. Price EUR 23
Venice Group Photo. Price EUR 11
Jungfrau Mountain. Price EUR 149
Paris Dinner. Price EUR 36
Nouvelle Eve cabaret show. Price EUR 81
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Safari guide, ski guide and now tour guide, my passion is people and travel. "
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
- "Hippy poet turned European tour guide. 24/7 bubble of energy guaranteed!!"
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Hi I am Chloe. I packed my suitcase two years ago to lead a life on the road and two years later here..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
- "Australian working as a tour guide around Europe for the love of the people, food, music and art it shows..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
European Horizon (10 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from London11 DaysTuesdaySep 11, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$41USD $1,649+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from London11 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$363$1,649-20%USD $1,319+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- WednesdaySep 12, 2018from London11 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to London9 seats left$41USD $1,649+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- WednesdaySep 19, 2018from London11 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to London10+ seats left$41USD $1,649+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- FridaySep 21, 2018from London11 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to London8 seats left$41USD $1,649+ $210 Food Fund European Horizon
- FridayApr 5, 2019from London11 DaysMondayApr 15, 2019to London9 seats left$41DealUSD $1,629+ $220 Food Funds
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from London11 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to London10+ seats left$41DealUSD $1,655+ $220 Food Funds
- FridayMay 10, 2019from London11 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$41DealUSD $1,655+ $220 Food Funds
- WednesdayMay 15, 2019from London11 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to London10+ seats left$42DealUSD $1,679+ $220 Food Funds
- MondayMay 27, 2019from London11 DaysThursdayJun 6, 2019to London10+ seats left$42DealUSD $1,679+ $220 Food Funds
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Italy and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 October 2018 the full payment of $1,281 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1281 for European Horizon (10 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 283 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 315 km
- St Goar (Germany)
- 360 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 356 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 59 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 8 km
- Jungfraujoch (Switzerland)
- 494 km
- Paris (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,281 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,046 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 99 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Horizon (10 Days)