Walking in Tuscany
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,282
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Wander through Orecchiella National Park
- Visit the medieval market town, Castiglione di Garfagnana
- Spend time in Florence, Pisa and Cinque Terre
- Visit the grand peak of Monte Prado
149 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on November 5, 20135.0 - ExcellentA fantastic walking holiday, with excellent leadership, amazing views, comfortable accommodation and friendly companions. Would love to visit the area again.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Reaching the summit of Monte Prado, with views for miles, and the summit of Pania Della Croce following an interesting walk uphill through beech woods then up through a field of boulders to the summit with views to Corsica and Sardinia standing above the cloud level in the sunshine.What did you think of your group leader?Sara was an excellent leader. Considerate of the individual ability of each of us, friendly, knowledgable regarding the area and with limitless energy.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?A must if you love walking at more than a leisurely pace and viewing beautiful scenery. Walking poles are very helpful if you are not used to walking up and down rocky surfaces and don't forget your camera. Avoid this one if you are allergic to dogs as Dora and Elvis walk with the group daily, but are very friendly.Is there anything else you would like to add?If you have never travelled solo, go for it. I have never regretted my first or this my second trip!
- AnonymousWritten on November 4, 20135.0 - ExcellentMy partner and I found the Walking in Tuscany trip fabulous. It was our first with Exodous and it wont be our last. We joined the group in Pisa where we met up with our leader who was happy to accomodate our needs on the trip with pick up and a drop off in Lucca on the way back to Pisa airport.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?We had no idea we would be climbing mountains and to find that we could and did on most of the days was ( although challanging, a satisfying and inspiring experience.What did you think of your group leader?Patient and encouraging. quitely confident and very experienced and respected by the local community with whom she had a great working relationship.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Despite discussions with local agent I was not prepared for the level of difficulty of the walks. if I had been more prepared I would have taken different boots, trained more prior to the trip and taken my own walking poles ( my leader however was happy to loan me some spares)Is there anything else you would like to add?Great company and comfortable and friendly accomodation at the Braccicorti farm house. Competant and experienced guide who gently encouraged the group to achieve their goals while ensuring a safe trecking environment and accomodating the diversity of trecking experience , skills and fitness levels in the group.Thanks Sarah
- AnonymousWritten on October 28, 20135.0 - ExcellentAn absolutely fabulous week! Gorgeous countryside, fabulous accommodation, great food (and wine), and lovely people. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?So many to name one... The views, the lack of views (when reaching the top of Monte Prado and all we could see was cloud, got to just love what life throws at you hehe!), overcoming my total dislike of the rain and realising I am officially a walker of all seasons, observing the sense of achievement on people's faces after a long day of walking, and the personal sense of achievement!What did you think of your group leader?Sara was amazing! So professional, knowledgeable and patient.Â She went the extra mile in every way possible.Â She was a lovely person who really ensured that everyone on the group was happy.Â I found her to be very inspirational and interesting, and loved chatting to her. She has an amazing knowledge of the local area. Been spoiled, great representative for Exodus.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Book it! If you are relatively fit this will be well within your capabilities.Â Be prepared for rain (if your going in October).Â I opted for the positive attitude to not let this impact on my experiences.Â I just embraced the big green plastic poncho and plodded on.Â P.s... take a poncho, felt a bit daft at first but it was fab, saved my waterproofs getting wet, bonus!!Plus it makes photos even funnier.Is there anything else you would like to add?Don't let dietary requirements put you off.Â I was so looked after and catered for.Â I am lactose and gluten intolerant, Mama and Sara never once made this seem like an obstacle.Â I ate the most delicious variety of food.Â 55 miles walking in total, 4 pounds on... can you tell I had a very happy tummy!! So impressed with Exodus, already planning next years trip! They took care of everything, was nice having a week of not having to plan, think etc.Â
- AnonymousWritten on October 23, 20135.0 - ExcellentA wonderful week walking in Tuscany. Beautiful scenery and fantastic hospitality.What did you think of your group leader?Sara is a fantastic tour leader. She is passionate about the outdoors and was considerate of the needs of every individual in the group.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?No advice needed as every need is catered for.Is there anything else you would like to add?Having been onÂ two Exodus trips to this area I would definitely return for a third!
- AnonymousWritten on October 23, 20135.0 - ExcellentBeautiful scenary! Each hike was very different. Food at the farmhouse was lovely and the dogs Elvis and Dora are great company on the walks.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Making it to the top of the mountain! Beautiful views and very fresh air. The trails that Sara takes you on are definitely not filled with tourists.What did you think of your group leader?Sara Bull is an amazing guide! She encourages the entire group along and always has some sweets and biscuits in her backpack to keep you going up the mountain.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?It is hilly! Bring waterproofs and layers as there can be all types of weather and a comfortable pair of hiking boots with good treads.
- AnonymousWritten on October 22, 20134.0 - GoodReally great walking (and climbing!) through beautiful woodland and hillsides, led by a brilliant guide, giving detailed info of the area and its flora and fauna. Slight disappointment with the food but accommodation was very comfortable and welcoming.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Reaching the top of each small summit to see a whole new beautiful world, each seemingly more breath-taking than the lastWhat did you think of your group leader?I have been on about 10 Exodus trips andÂ I rate Sara as the best so far.Â She was informative, fully competent in every way, knew the area like the back of her hand, gave us every detail needed to make our free day a great experience, great sense of humour, and incredibly supportive of anyone lacking confidence.Â Quickly got to know all our abilities.Â Good safe driver. She always went the extra mile to make sure we were having a good time.She also never stopped once we were back each day - serving and helping with the supper and the breakfast. Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go for it, use poles and be aware there are some challenging climbs.Is there anything else you would like to add?There was a great spirit amongst our group and we had great fun as well as a few stiff muscles.Felt a real low on returning home so looking forward to the next one.Only slight disappointment was the food which was just ok and adequate.Â
- AnonymousWritten on October 22, 20135.0 - ExcellentA truly wonderful week, exceeding all my expectations. Beautiful walks up through beech forests in all their autumn glory, to reach high mountain ridges and summits with some absolutely stunning views. Superb guiding by Sara Bull and, for the valley walk, Pierre Luigi. Braccicorti is a lovely place to stay - in an idyllic location, perfectly comfortable and offering delicious home-cooked food from the wonderful Mamma and her family. Lucca is a lovely place to visit on the free day.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The incredible view that greeted us at the top of Pania Della Croce - stunning mountain peaks swathed in fluffy clouds stretching off towards the horizon and views out across the sea to Sardinia and Corsica. Breathtaking. The Monte Prado walk. The whole day was inspirational - emerging from golden and russet beech forests, with a deep blue sky overhead, to walk along the undulating Apennine ridge, dressed in shades of red, orange, yellow and green from the bilberry bushes, still covered in ripe berries. Views as far as the Alps, glistening in fresh snow cover.What did you think of your group leader?Fantastic. Sara is so passionate about these mountains and about nature and her passion is contagious! She is fully committed to her clients, working hard for us, both on and off the hill. Sara has vast experience of guiding in this area and worldwide, and I would trust her judgement 100%. She doesn't herd the group, but allows people to walk at their own pace much of the time, with plenty of opportunities to rest and regroup. However, in trickier sections of a walk, or if there is poor visibility, she keeps the group together and supports people appropriately. Sara will quickly assess the abilities and fitness levels of her clients and adjust the walks and her approach accordingly. The ascents and terrain took a few people out of their comfort zone, but it was worth it and Sara provided as much or as little support as was needed. She is also a mine of useful information about places to visit on the free day, local produce, medical ailments and herbal remedies!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?This trip involves proper mountain walking above the treeline on most days. Don't underestimate the terrain - it is not the rolling hills that people associate with typical Tuscan countryside. It is more like walking to the tops of mountains in the Lake District or in Scotland. Paths are generally not exposed and there was only one tiny section of rocky ground to negotiate (which everyone managed fine), so you are not in any danger. However, the terrain did surprise some of our group and quite a few people found it more challenging than they expected. Don't let that put you off though - the mountains and the views are absolutely wonderful. Sara is also adept at choosing walks 'with options' - e.g. some of our group opted to lie in the sun on a beautiful ridge while others continued a little further on to a summit. The weather is very unpredictable in this area and at this time of year (October). We were lucky, with mostly warm and sunny weather, but it did rain for one whole day and was cold on some of the mountain tops, so it's worth being prepared. I would recommend taking waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers, hat and gloves. Wear proper walking boots with ankle support. Although approach shoes might be suitable for some walks, most of the paths are rough and some of the terrain is rocky, so proper walking boots are more suitable. Walking poles are very helpful on this trip. Â Sara will give you lots of tips and advice for the free day - they are worth listening too. The restaurant she recommended in Lucca was excellent. (Lucca is also a great place to buy leather handbags!!) If you're travelling from Scotland, consider flying Ryanair from Edinburgh to Pisa. This worked out best for me on price, timings and convenience.Â The Braccicorti dogs, Dora and Elvis, walked with us every day. I am not usually that keen on dogs, but these two won me over, so don't be put off! They look out for the group too.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?This was a perfect way to spend my October half-term. Thank you Sara, Braccicorti and Exodus.
- AnonymousWritten on October 7, 20135.0 - ExcellentI went on a 'challenging' week. A very enjoyable week of scenic walking, socialising and excellent food.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Walking above the clouds in the morning after spending a night in Rifugio Battisti, on our way to Monte Cusna, the second highest mountain in Emilia Romagna, the peaks of distant hills seeming like islands above the sea of clouds...What did you think of your group leader?Sara and Ale (Aleandro) were both excellent leaders. Sara was very organised and knows the area very well. Ale led most of the walks, and has a great sense of humour. He even carried a heavy bottle of Prosecco (as well as hundreds of biscuits) all the way up the mountain to Rifugio Battisti, to share with us to celebrate his birthday!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?There a few slightly awkward sections of the trails that have wires/cables that you have to hold on to for extra security, but they're only short sections (perhaps 10-20 metres) and not at all technical. The walking is no more difficult than most Munro walks in Scotland.Is there anything else you would like to add?The food at Braccicorti Lodge was delicious, as was the red wine which is made on site!
- AnonymousWritten on October 7, 20135.0 - ExcellentNote : This is the Challenging version of the trip. Very good trip with mix of walking and opportunity to see the local area.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The two day overnight walk into the mountains. The views of the mountains and theÂ clouds below you were awesome.All the walks to the peaks were well worth the effort What did you think of your group leader?We had the slightly unusual situation that the leader was swapped part way through the trip. Both Ale and Sarah were excellent.Ale's easy going approach worked well on the longer walks.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take snacks or buy them in the local supermarket. The breakfasts were basic and I was hungry early on in the trek each day. This is especially important for the overnighter. Whilst the evening meal was great, breakfast was toast and jam.Is there anything else you would like to add?Not the toughest of Challenging trips, but a good one to do.
- AnonymousWritten on September 16, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis holiday surpassed my expectations in terms of quality and value for money. I believe I was lucky to be partof a wonderful group of people who got on so well together and even luckier that we had the group leader (Sara Bull) we did for the week I booked.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were several moments where I thought a particular part of a walk were too extreem for my ability but I quickly learnt that Sara had the measure of us all andÂ only suggested the walks she knew we could manage. Therefore, I felt thrilled to have climbed some scary ridges and difficult tracks rather than just walking 'safe' stuff.What did you think of your group leader?Professional and generous.From the outset we knew we were in safe hands. Sara, our guide for the week,Â created an atmosphere of fun andÂ confidenceÂ in everyone, hitting the right balance of hard work whilst not fogetting that we were on holiday too.Her knowledge, love of Tuscany and deep fondness ofÂ Bracciocoti and the family running it overspilled and touched us all which added to ourÂ wonderful experience. Sara is probably one of the most generous people I have everÂ met - and not just because she fed us sweeties and biscuits every few hours!!! I mean generous in her giving of everything she could to ensure every person on her trip got the most they could from it. She would be genuinely dissappointed if she thought anyone went home not having the opportunity to have the holiday they dreamt of.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Read all you can and ask for any advice you can while deciding which Exodus holiday is right for you. By taking time to plan at the beginning you increase your chance of picking the right holiday for you.Is there anything else you would like to add?I had a wonderful holiday and tell everyone who listens that it was an Exodus holiday I went on - it was myfirst Exodus but may not be my last!!!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Braccicorti
- Day 2: Transfer to the village of Pruno; walk through the Orecchiella N.P. to Pania di Corfino; descend via 16th century Campiana village. (Activity Level 3)
- Day 3: Apuane National Park to Monte Sumbra. (Activity Level 3)
- Day 4: Circular walk from Braccicorti to mediaeval market town Castiglione di Garfagnana. (Activity Level 3)
- Day 5: Free day to visit Lucca, the Cinque Terre, Florence or Pisa.
- Day 6: Campocatino and San Viviano's Hermitage. (Activity Level 3)
- Day 7: Drive to Casone; head through beech forest into the Appennino Tosco-Emiliano N.P. to the summit of Monte Prado. (Activity Level 3)
- Day 8: End Braccicorti.
- Northern Tuscany with Exodus Travels
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where and when does this tour end?
The tour ends in Braccicorti, Italy. There are no activities planned for this day so you are free to depart any time after checkout.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Walking in Tuscany
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to PisaOnly 2 seats left$154$1,455-11%USD $1,301
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to PisaOnly 1 seat left$153$1,435-11%USD $1,282
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to PisaOnly 2 seats left$153$1,435-11%USD $1,282
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Pisa8 seats left$155$1,485-10%USD $1,330
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Pisa8 seats left$156$1,505-10%USD $1,349
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Pisa8 seats left$155$1,485-10%USD $1,330
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Pisa8 seats left$156$1,505-10%USD $1,349
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Pisa8 seats left$155$1,485-10%USD $1,330
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Pisa8 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Pisa8 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Pisa8 seats left$155$1,485-10%USD $1,330
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Pisa.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,282 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1282 for Walking in Tuscany, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 143 km.
- Pisa (Italy)
- 33 km
- Pruno (Italy)
- 22 km
- Orecchiella (Italy)
- 7 km
- Castiglione di Garfagnana (Italy)
- 10 km
- Vianova (Italy)
- 3 km
- Careggine (Italy)
- 14 km
- Casone (Italy)
- 54 km
- Pisa (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,282 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,972 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours