Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Nuwara Eliya
- Horton Plains National Park
- Yala National Park
- Giant stone Buddhas in Polonnaruwa ruins
- See elephants in their natural habitat
- Visit temples, palaces and Buddhist sculptures
- Bicycle tour through Anuradhapura
Start and end in Colombo! With the in-depth cultural tour Discover Sri Lanka, you have a 15 day tour package taking you through Colombo, Sri Lanka and 15 other destinations in Sri Lanka. Discover Sri Lanka includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Start Veyangoda.
- Day 2: Visit cave temples at Dambulla; to Sigiriya.
- Day 3: Morning climb to the rock fortress; optional afternoon game drive.
- Day 4: To Giritale; bike ride through country villages.
- Day 5: Visit ancient capital of Polonnaruwa; drive to Kandy via spice garden.
- Days 6-7: Free time in Kandy to explore or relax.
- Day 8: To Nuwara Eliya via Kitulgala; optional Adams Peak climb (Dec-Apr only).
- Day 9: Free morning in old colonial hillstation of Nuwara Eliya. Visit tea factory in afternoon.
- Day 10: Early morning to Horton Plains; walk to World's End viewpoint; to Bandarawela by train.
- Day 11: Scenic drive through Ella Gap to Kataragama; game drive in Yala N.P.
- Day 12: Drive to Tangalle and walk through rice paddies; coastal drive to Ahangama.
- Day 13: Free day to relax on the beach or optional activities including whale watching (Nov to April).
- Day 14: To Galle; visit old fort; transfer to Colombo.
- Day 15: End Colombo.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- SGSue· October 15, 2019Rumania, our guide, was fabulous ensuring all group members were well prepared for the activities and journeying.Trip date: September 2019
- AHAmanda· April 17, 2019Well paced tour taking in all the places and things to do on my wish listTrip date: March 2019
- TRThomas· January 17, 2019The trip was well-planned and well-conducted. The tour guide was knowledgeable and pleasant, keeping all on track without being officious or demanding. The hotels were appropriate to the standard of the tour and the organisation of things like baggage... Show moreTrip date: December 2018
- Peter· September 03, 2018Very organised tour with our own luxury coach.Guide was excellent but drowned us with too much repeated information at times.Most hotels were excellent with a couple or poor ones.Trip date: August 2018
- AA TourRadar Traveller· July 23, 2018Guide made the trip very enjoyable and interesting. Would have prefered a few more cultural activities like visiting a pottery making place or batik factory. Hotels were for the most part very comfortable . Would have preferred if a few were closer to... Show moreTrip date: July 2018
- AA TourRadar Traveller· July 19, 2018Great Tour leader, driver & assistant driver helped make this tour.Trip date: June 2018
- SNSarah· May 05, 2018I loved the whole trip but my favourite experiences were Climbing Sigiriya Rock, seeing elephants on a game drive in Kaudulla National Park, cycling through villages in Giritale and having lunch with a local family and white water rafting in Kitulgala.Trip date: April 2018
- BGBeverley· April 23, 2018This tour was excellent, the tour guide Ruwan was brilliant and couldn’t fault him. The itinerary was great and hotels excellent. The bus was very spacious and driver excellent also. The only negative I have is that the hotels tended to be in non... Show moreTrip date: April 2018
- Kkatie· April 23, 2018I have to agree with Bettina's review of Discover Sri Lanka tour. Missed activities, poor quality hotels, very bustling experiences, no successful attempts to avoid overtly crowded activities and sites. In my case our guide had insufficient knowledge... Show moreTrip date: February 2018
- Victoria· April 22, 2018Amazing country! Well organised itinerary, I picked this because it included Yala National Park and Adam's Peak - both unforgettable experiences. Great guide, driver and assistant, fully packed days (not a holiday for lounging around!), and wonderful... Show moreTrip date: March 2018
Dates & Availability
Discover Sri Lanka
From Colombo to Colombo
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
Select Your Tour Version
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayJul 26, 2020SundayAug 9, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayAug 9, 2020SundayAug 23, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayAug 23, 2020SundaySep 6, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 13, 2020SundaySep 27, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 27, 2020SundayOct 11, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 25, 2020SundayNov 8, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 8, 2020SundayNov 22, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 29, 2020SundayDec 13, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,479
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayDec 6, 2020SundayDec 20, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,449
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayDec 20, 2020SundayJan 3, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$2,649
- What is the star rating of the hotels?
- Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
- Does the tour price includes airfare?
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar