Best of California (2020)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,760
- San Francisco
- +7 Destinations
- West Coast USA
- Los Angeles
- Explore the grandiose estate of William Randolph Hearst
- Visit the historic Old Mission in Santa Barbara
- Experience the natural beauty of Yosemite National Park
- See the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Sunset Boulevard
- Enjoy a wine-tasting at a local Sonoma vineyard
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Private Vehicle, Plane
- Travel style
- Insight Vacations
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: San Francisco, the City by the Bay.
- Day 2: Exploring San Francisco.
- Day 3: Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Day 4: Yosemite National Park to Monterey.
- Day 5: Monterey, the Cradle of History.
- Day 6: The American Riviera.
- Day 7: Santa Monica and the City of Angels.
- Day 8: The Glitz and Glam of L.A.
- Day 9: Depart Los Angeles.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- ELLENWritten on November 15, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great trip overall. Too little time in Yosemite. Disappointed that our bus couldn't drive on the PCH from Monterrey to San Simeon. We didn't realize this when we booked and had been looking forward to that. Lynne Hendrick was a terrific tour guide and... Read moreReview collected by Insight Vacations
- BeatWritten on October 17, 20194.5 - Excellent
I normally travel on my own, but this time, I decided to go with Insight Vacations, as the tour looked great and I didn't want to do all the driving. I can certainly recommend Insight Vacations - book a tour with them if you enjoy travelling in style and... Read moreShow detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewIt certainly pleases us to learn that Jason went above and beyond to make your time in the United States a memorable one. Also, we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your complete experience on the road. Furthermore, we truly look forward to welcoming you back soon to explore more amazing destinations.Review collected by Insight Vacations
- LouiseWritten on September 1, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had a really enjoyable bus tour. Great variety in the locations, really nice weather and it is a great way to see California in a short period of time. Our tour guide Linda and our bus driver Scott were fabulous. Linda kept us amused with her jokes and... Read moreReview collected by Insight Vacations
- LaurenWritten on August 3, 20195.0 - Excellent
Everything was amazing! We went to great places and saw a lot. The tour guide and bus driver were the best! I was so impressed by how organized it was.Show detailed ratingsInsight Vacations commented on this reviewWe are very pleased to hear that your time on the Best of California tour was a memorable one. On top of that, we hope that you were able to go back home with some amazing memories and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.Review collected by Insight Vacations
- TTitaniaCheongWritten on June 25, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was my first time to USA and I decided to travel with Insight Vacations as I have great experience with this operator on my previous trips to Europe. Best of California has a good balance of cosmopolitan cities and beauty of nature. It allows me to meet... Read more
- MGMarioWritten on August 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The success of any tour depends on the itinerary,the tour director and coach driver. My recent tour had the best of these features.
- MAMarieWritten on June 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We had an amazing experience with Darren, our driver and Anandji, our director on the Best of California tour. We got to see so many places, the hotels and included meals were all excellent. The bus is very comfortable, and the pace, although brisk, is... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide will accompany you on the tour.
- USA & Canada 2019 (extended version) - Insight Vacation
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Tim Pendlebury
- Meet Insight Vacations Travel Director Sara Tuppen Veloso
- Deliciously Authentic Dining
- The Magic of an Insight Experience
- The Art of Traveling in Style
- Discover USA
- USA & Canada 2020
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Valentina19th April 2019
Best of California (2020)
- Upcoming departures
- February 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- FridayFeb 7, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysSaturdayFeb 15, 2020to Los Angeles7 seats left$490$3,250-15%USD $2,760Sharing a twin room
- FridayApr 10, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to Los Angeles0 seats leftUSD $3,695Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayApr 12, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysMondayApr 20, 2020to Los Angeles10+ seats leftUSD $3,550Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayApr 14, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysWednesdayApr 22, 2020to Los Angeles10+ seats left$358$3,575-10%USD $3,218Sharing a twin room
- FridayApr 17, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysSaturdayApr 25, 2020to Los Angeles0 seats leftUSD $3,595Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMay 1, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysSaturdayMay 9, 2020to Los Angeles10+ seats left$368$3,675-10%USD $3,308Sharing a twin room
- TuesdayMay 5, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysWednesdayMay 13, 2020to Los Angeles10+ seats left$370$3,695-10%USD $3,326Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayMay 13, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysThursdayMay 21, 2020to Los Angeles8 seats left$370$3,695-10%USD $3,326Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 15, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysSaturdayMay 23, 2020to Los Angeles10+ seats left$360$3,595-10%USD $3,236Sharing a twin room
- ThursdayJun 4, 2020from San Francisco9 DaysFridayJun 12, 2020to Los Angeles10+ seats leftUSD $3,550Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- San Francisco is the starting point and Los Angeles is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 23 January 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 23 January 2020, a minimum payment of $200 is required to confirm your booking with Insight Vacations. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Insight Vacations. Please familiarise yourself with the Insight Vacations payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- San Francisco (USA)
- 60 km
- Napa Valley (USA)
- 14 km
- Sonoma (USA)
- 267 km
- Yosemite NP (USA)
- 125 km
- San Joaquin Valley (USA)
- 169 km
- Monterey (USA)
- 124 km
- San Simeon (USA)
- 192 km
- Santa Barbara (USA)
- 140 km
- Los Angeles (USA)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,760 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,977 tours in North America
- covered by 110 different operators in North America
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of California (2020)